Page 1 of 26 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rune casters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Rune casters

The kingdom of Rothinya. a powerful kingdom in the land of Galmor. the kingdom is ruled by the king Ferdinand Holchester II. a recently crowned young man. Galmor is a land once rich with magic but now magic is a thing only uttered in secret.

The once magic filled land of Galmor was raged into chaos, the old tales speak of the rise of dark magic and rule of chaos. The light however would return by the savior and goddess, Imea. The goddess Imea is now the center of faith in Galmor, her church known as the sanctum rules over the daily lives of the people in Galmor. the sanctum teaches that magic is evil and those born with the old marks are cursed.

Runemarks, the old letters of magic, and a sign of the gift of magic or the curse as the sanctum teaches. Those born with one of the marks are typically watched over closely by the sanctum and from a young age trained to fights off the chaos that burns inside them. the only magic the sanctum permits is healing magic, which must be practiced by members of the sanctum.

there are those however that still practice the old magics, rune casters, who live outside the sanctums reach. they live out in the wilds, depicted as evil by the sanctum, that is not always true. small villages , further away from the capitol tend to be more welcoming to rune casters but rune casters prefer isolation, in fear of the sanctum. there are clans of rune casters, savages, while others remain alone, or perhaps in small groups. some are born outside the bars of civilization with other rune casters, others are run-aways trying to avoid the sanctums grasp.

our story however start in the capitol of Rothinya, the city of Ashchaven, where the sanctums rule is most powerful. the world is about to change as there is a great evil lurking in the shadows. the kingdom of Rothinya is just recovering from the chaos of a civil war, that lead to the assassination of it's king. the king's son has now taken the throne and he works tirelessly, only at the age of 19, to repair is broken kingdom.

places:

Galmor: in Galmor there is four kingdoms, Rothinya, Landora, Farzamor and Uchivin. the four kingdoms have been at war on and off for centuries but are currently at peace with each other.

Rothinya: Rothinya is the location of our story, the center kingdom of Galmor and the richest.

Ashchaven: The capitol of Rothinya and the center of the Sanctum. it is rich trading city.

Gatton: is small village along the border of Rothinya and the wildlands.

Allendor: a city surrounded by ancient stone walls, older than the sanctum it self. the stone walls are said to carry ancient magics with in them once used to protect those inside from chaos.

wildlands: the forest between the kingdom of Rothinya and Farzamor. Filled with dark magics. very few dare to walk through the forest and most travelers go around the thick wood. many rune casters find shelter in it and is part of the reason many to not travel through.

(more locations will be added as we play)

magic:

magic is mostly forbidden by the sanctum, asides for some healing and earth magics. magic used by humans come from runemarks, ancient letters of the old gods. used during the time of chaos. those who are born with runemarks are said to be cursed. a runemark is a base for ones magic but with training one can learn others.

Those that study runes and practice magic are known as rune casters. Rune casters are typically seen as evil tricksters and workers of chaos. practicing runes in cities tend to end in imprisonment by the sanctum but it is often over looked in small villages unless brought to the direct attention of the sanctum.

there are several rune marks one can learn. by learning new rune marks one opens there magical abilities. most often even more experienced and powerful rune casters only know about 5 runemarks.

examples of runes: fire, journeyman , protection , strength etc.

Helpful Links:

Incomplete rune list: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...nt=file%2cdocx

IC : https://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=70267

characters:

I am limiting my number of runecasters. though I will allow more people to be marked with runes without being a caster, please try to create varied characters. we need warriors, members of the sanctum and other types of characters as well so please keep that in mind.

your character can be from any of the four kingdoms but our story will take place in Rothinya, so please try to start your character in Rothinya, or have them in the capitol within your first few posts.

name:

runes: (for rune casters only. you can be born with a runemark without being a caster. message me if you want help with the runes. pretty much anything can be a rune but keep it simple. much like with any ability a short description might be needed to explain what the rune is.)

personality:

history:

appearance: (picture or description)

other:
    Last edited by AvisCrown; 02-13-2015 at 08:06 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

APPROVED CHARACTERS:

Spoiler: Olander - Aviscrown 

Spoiler: Bella Incarna - Xanthuss 

Spoiler: Assa - Megilwen 

Spoiler: Asher Holchester - Caoimhe294 

Spoiler: Mercy Revan - Vaidia 

Spoiler: Lucie "la breche" Severin - King of swords 
    Last edited by AvisCrown; 02-14-2015 at 06:56 AM.

Ketchup Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Oooh. I really love all the detailing you've done. I love all the minute details. Well done! Looks like a great RP; you’re off to an amazing start!

Might I offer some friendly suggestions to help you on your way?

Take a look at the Roleplay of the Week thread! If you need a banner for a submission for RP of the Week, then check out the Banner Shop!

You can also look at the Roleplaying Games Directory to advertise your RP. Staff would be happy to help you advertise your Roleplay both here and in the RPA Tribune.

Any questions, feel free to PM!

The bumbliest of bumbling bees
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    All sorts, I'm open like that.
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Save me a spot, I'll get a CS up later today

The last mosquito that bit me had to check into the Betty Ford clinic

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

Gonna check this, I may join!

Month the of Member November
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

Dammit Avis all your games look so good. The only question for me is timing, so many games already I don't know that I can stretch myself.
    Born to be a king & fighting to survive in a world with the darkest powers.

The Fresh Prince of Britain • RPAs personal wolf fetish • RPA's Wolf Mascot • Crazy the Wolfheart

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

@caoi you know I will

@crazy please ^^
    Last edited by AvisCrown; 02-11-2015 at 02:40 PM.

Enchantress of Men
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Would being marked with runes, but not a caster give someone higher abilities? I.E faster, stronger, etc?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Essential they are born with a runemark but never studied runes. So yes they would have some kind of natural ability that related to their mark. For example, if they have the rune strength, they might be stronger than the average person or the seer rune, like Olander, they'd have visions, perhaps of the past or the future to come.
    However without training the ability would still be limited or perhaps unpredictable? Like someone with the strength Rune crushing things unintentionally cause they can't control their strength.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Btw I'm working on a list of runes. These are not the only runes but this gives an idea of what kind of runes there are what they do.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...nt=file%2cdocx

Page 1 of 26 123 ... LastLast