Page 1 of 26 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Marion Magi (OOC/Interest Check)

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fandom
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Fate/Marion Magi (OOC/Interest Check)

Fate/Marion Magi

Plot
    Somewhere in the far reaches of the galaxy, a Magical Girl named Homura Akemi had stolen the power of the goddess, Madoka Kaname. With it, she reshaped the world and transformed every Magical Girl and Witch of the past and future into normal teenage girls, unknowing of the grave consequences that awaited her. In her vengeance, she also turned the creator of the Magical Girl system, the Incubator named “Kyubey”, into her own cosmic plaything while cursing it with human emotions, and more importantly, pain receptors.

Elsewhere, a bored spectator named “Koyemshi” had been waiting for this moment. In an amusing turn of irony, he offered Kyubey a contract of freedom in exchange for carrying out tasks given by his masters. To perform these tasks, Kyubey would be granted the power to traverse between different realities. The Incubator accepted.

In an alternate reality, a priest named Kirei Kotomine had been researching the Second Magic - the power of parallel realities. Ever since the fifth Holy Grail War bore fruit a fictional Servant who should not have existed, the man devoted to finding out the meaning of his own existence became interested in exploring the nature of fictional beings. But in his experiments, he inadvertently let in the Incubator Kyubey into his world. More curious than cautious, Kirei began exchanging pleasantries as well as information regarding his own world and reality. Kirei learned about the Magical Girl system, whereas Kyubey learned of the Holy Grail War.

When both saw a golden opportunity to capitalise on each other’s resources for their own goals, they came to an agreement: Kirei would provide knowledge of the inner-workings of the Holy Grail and its bloody history, while Kyubey would supply its advanced tech to ‘materialise’ fictional Servants into existence, a summoning that was normally impossible in the past.

The year is now 2622. The future has arrive. Japan is now the most technologically advanced country in the world. Androids travel the streets as maids and servants, hover-cars travel down a network of translucent holo-panelled roads, and the crime rate has decreased so much that the country is considered the safest place on the face of the planet. All of this could not be possible without the ruthless totalitarianism of QB-Corp, the alien (both literally and figuratively) corporation that rescued Japan from the economic depression of 2019.

Above all of this fascism, one aspect of this city remains largely unchanged: the secret competition that has been going on for more than 800 years since the 1800s, the Holy Grail War. After the revelation of 2020 that humans were never alone, the Incubator named Kyubey has improved upon the battle royale that had once cost many lives throughout the decades. Now, not only are Masters no longer killed, the artificial Grails manufactured by QB-Corp are uncorrupted and expendable, bringing with them a deluge of impossible dreams into reality. And with QB-Corp policing the kind of wishes granted, no twisted wishes would ever come to see the light of day. Furthermore, Kirei's dream of summoning fictional Servants has been achieved, as they are now commonly utilized in the Wars due to their advanced powers and technologies beyond the bindings of reality.

The Holy Church, however, has fallen upon the discovery that God too was a fictional puppet, and the primitive Mage’s Association was defeated by the superior firepower of alien-tech. As for the teenage girls of Kyubey's world, having forced to become Magical Girls once more, they were enslaved by the Incubator as Servants of the Holy Grail War.

In this golden age of miracles, magi have thrived and populated the country in accelerating numbers. But this utopia will not last. As the seven Masters gather together for the 16th Holy Grail War, their actions and opposing views shall bring an end to Japan's glory once and for all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You are playing either as a Master or a Servant in this 16th Holy Grail War.

As a Master, you are either a mage from a bloodline of magic users or a normal person who has stumbled upon a means of summoning Servants - be it a spell book, instructions from your distant relative, or even information from 4chan. You can choose one of seven Servants to fight by your side, as both you and the RPer playing the Servant fight together for the Holy Grail.

As a Servant, you have three different kinds of characters to pick from - a mythical figure from folklores and legends passed down through time, a fictional character from a completely fictitious story, or a Magical Girl from any Magical Girl anime, not just Madoka. Your role begins only after the Master you are paired with have initiated the summoning ritual. However, you are allowed to post about the life of your character before he/she is summoned in the IC.

The goal of this RP is to kill the other Servants, which will automatically disqualify their Master by the power of QB-Corp (hence why Masters are now allowed to live). Once all six Servants are killed, the wish-granting Holy Grail belongs to the surviving Master and Servant, and the miracle is yours.

By the end of this RP, both Master and Magical Girls would learn that their existence might be as fictitious as the fictional Servants, and that they are mere marionettes on puppet strings, manipulated by the omniscient entity Kyubey is working for. Of course, this will just be a speculation, and there will be no way to prove it, for "I think, therefore I am." Needless to say, this will probably fill your characters with much anxiety.

Rules

1. All RPA rules apply, including no godmodding (controlling the actions of other players' characters). Additionally, no overpowered characters that have an extreme advantage over other Masters or Servants (like Gilgamesh). Please also check with me in the OOC thread before playing out any world-changing plot-lines in the IC.

2. When applying for “Fictional Servants”, characters can be from any story, movie, video game, or any other fictional mediums (see 'Roles Applicable' for more information about the Servants you can play).

3. Third person, past tense, A+ grammar and spelling, and preferably a paragraph of minimum five sentences per post.

4. Each player is expected (but not strictly required) to post actively. This differs with each player's real life circumstances, so it's flexible. However, please inform me beforehand if you are going to be away from the RP for a while, or if you are dropping out due to personal circumstances.

5. Speed-posting is encouraged, but quality over quantity is enforced. Expand the universe to your own imagination, but please don’t spam the thread with trivial descriptions just for the sake of writing something.

6. If you are playing a Master, you can pair up with another player playing a Servant (and vice versa). Simply sound out in the OOC or personally message the person you want to team up with.

7. If you are cooperating with another player in the RP, please use the PM system to keep each other informed of when you would like to post your character's activities.

8. Please refer to the lore section of the RP if you are interested in playing a Magical Girl (canon or otherwise) of any anime, as I've made some drastic changes to the Magical Girls in the RP which you might want to take notice.

9. For those who are already informed about both universes, I’ve conveniently highlighted the changes made to the lore in cyan. This includes information regarding the summoning ritual of fictional Servants.

10. Unlike normal Servants, Magical Girl Servants who have survived all previous Wars will be forced to retain the 600 year memories of the Holy Grail Wars (please refer to the lore for more info). With memories come experience, and with experience comes a top-notch fighter. In other words, Magical Girl Servants are going to be slightly more powerful than normal Servants. Just something to consider when picking your Servants.

11. Please be reminded that Masters are not allowed to kill each other in this RP. However, Masters are still allowed to force the other Masters to either lose or forfeit their contract. Take that as you will.

Lore
    Spoiler: Fate 

Spoiler: Puella Magi 

Roles Applicable
    Spoiler: Roles 

Accepted/Reserved Roles

Masters

Servants

Character Sheet
    Spoiler: Master CS 

Spoiler: Normal Servant CS 

Spoiler: Magical Girl Servant CS 

In-Character Thread
    Last edited by JohnWolff; 02-22-2015 at 11:24 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I love.

LOVE THIS.

Modern, Historical, SciFi, Fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Crossover between fate, Madoka, and Bokurano if I'm not mistaken. Certainly an interesting premise.

Ketchup Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Hi there! I don't know either of the animes(?) that you are referencing, but either way, this RP seems really really interesting. I'm really looking forward to seeing how this plays out!

In the meantime, might I offer some friendly suggestions to help you on your way?

Take a look at the Roleplay of the Week thread! If you need a banner for a submission for RP of the Week, then check out the Banner Shop!

You can also look at the Roleplaying Games Directory to advertise your RP. Staff would be happy to help you advertise your Roleplay both here and in the RPA Tribune.

Any questions, feel free to PM!

Fandom
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks, guys!

Quote Originally Posted by King of Swords View Post
    Crossover between fate, Madoka, and Bokurano if I'm not mistaken.
    Yes! So glad somebody finally noticed the reference. But Koyemshi will merely play a small (albeit significant) role in the RP. This is still largely a Fate/Madoka crossover, and the only involvement Bokurano has is the existential themes that take place throughout some of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by x Kiki x View Post
    In the meantime, might I offer some friendly suggestions to help you on your way?
    Thanks. I'll be sure to give those threads a look!

In the meantime, I think I'll put up the OOC thread...

Fandom
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The lore, rules, and character sheets are up. Sorry it took me such a long time. lol

Hope to see sign-ups soon!

Mature, Fantasy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Spoiler: Clicky! 
    Last edited by Rhomeo; 02-19-2015 at 06:49 AM.

Giga Onion
    Give me an Idea and I'll see what I can do
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

I'm down for this... Expect a master application for this roleplay soon... If at all possible could I reserve a spot?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Everyone:

I would like to *be* someone's servant

any takers?

---

Edit:

I have edited the post above, as it does not reflect the sheer genius my other posts usually reflect.

Edit of edit:

Alsjflkajsfafjalsflakj.
    Last edited by Sentana bentara; 02-15-2015 at 07:02 AM.

Giga Onion
    Give me an Idea and I'll see what I can do
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

I'm playing a master so I would like to take you up on dat deal!

Page 1 of 26 123 ... LastLast