Page 1 of 119 12351 ... LastLast

Thread: {M} Mystics: The Past Never Dies - OOC

Immortal Goddess
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Yaoi, Romance, Adventure
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Default {M} Mystics: The Past Never Dies - OOC

Rated M for Mature, Viewer Discretion is Advised.

Plot

Time really does change people. The ones you knew back in the day now seem different in some way. It is time that changes the things around us that we have no control over. We can look into the past and realize that the things of yesterday are gone, but have you ever truly wondered if the things of yesterday are truly gone? What if the past never died? What if the things that you faced in the past come back to haunt you in the present? Yes, time does change things, but the question still remains, will that which is in the past stay there? It is that which is done in the cover of darkness that keeps this world running smoothly. Some must die so that others may live. What lies in the darkness of the past that threatens the fabric of reality once more?

In the past it has been the responsibility of the “Mystics” to thwart anything that may threaten the fabric of life within the combined worlds, but many of the Mystics have gone missing. As such a combined world defense unit was created to keep the worlds safe. After the final battle between the Mystics, the Nobility and Azael, everyone departed. There was no grand celebration. There was no reconciliation between any warring factions. Everyone went about their business helping restore what was damaged of the combined worlds. Many centuries have passed since then. Life has returned to some form of normalcy. Coexistence is a near possible reality between all forms of life, but there is something within the darkness that whispers unruly things. Something is coming, and it is not a new enemy. The old “Mystics” have disbanded since the renewing of the combined worlds. Now it rests in the hands of the CWDU, but we all know they are no match for what is coming. It will be up to an entirely new era of heroes to band together and stop what is brewing in the dark. Do you have what it takes?

Character Creation

Creating a character for this Rp will be different from ones you have created in the past. The application happens to be very precise and comes with a few restrictions. Such detail and restrictions help balance out the character and allow you to get to know your character.

In this RP, you will watch as your character grows. This means you will be adding and subtracting things to the sheet as we progress. Your character will be starting at the bottom: no fancy equipment, no awesome powers, and no cool weapons. It's back to basics.

Expect me to be strict when going over your character sheets. But in return, I will be generous in rewarding your character for their feats. So don't be afraid to reach for the stars.

Power Tiers
    This section gives you an idea on how ability tiers work. As your abilities gains a tier, they basically become stronger and you are able to do more. If you have any questions, PM me.

Example 1
    Telepathy:
    The ability to hear thoughts.
      • Tier 1: Read Thoughts, Communicate Mentally
        Tier 2: Project Thoughts, Memory Search
        Tier 3: Mind Trap, Project Illusions
        Tier 4: Mind Control, Dream Dive/Control/Create
        Tier 5: Improved Abilities-wider range-tap more minds at once, Add Mental Blocks[/color]

Example 2
    Pyrokinesis/Flame Control:
    The ability to create or to control fire with the mind.
      • Tier 1: Fire Streams, Flame Projectiles, Flame Manipulation/Creation
        Tier 2: Producing flames from other areas, Increased precision and temperature, Area Techniques
        Tier 3: Power Increase, Channeling/Absorption, Flame Wall
        Tier 4: Control/Manipulation of other Branches of Fire: Steam, Spontaneous Combustion, Explosions, Heat
        Tier 5: Produce Secondary Element of Fire: Lightning, Grander Techniques: Ocean of Flames

Quick Tips
    Below are a few rules and guidelines you must follow when creating your character. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
    1. Your character can only start with a maximum of five, tier 1 abilities.
    2. You may have one free token. This allows you to upgrade an ability to tier two, or grant you a unique weapon or equipment.
    3. Please note some of the things in the character sheet do not apply and can be simply skipped and deleted. This is a general character sheet.

Character Application
    Spoiler: Character Dossier 

Remember the rules of RPA, and the rules of this RP are listed below.

1) Respect others, but most of all respect yourself.
    2) I reserve the right to add or remove rules as I see fit. I am the Game Master or GM after all.
    3) Players gone for more than a week without notification will experience a loss in their character, meaning they'll be killed off.
    4) This RP is adult, even has a Mature rating, and what that means is provided you stay within the rules of RPA, you can basically be as adult as possible, but again remember the rules. If your characters start kissing, take it to PM and fade to black in the IC. Failure to do so will warrant immediate action.
    5) Please give quality work. I don't care much about quantity, but when you give quality work, your quantity will speak for itself.
    6) I want to see diversity; I want to see your imagination run wild, when it comes to this story as well as your character.
    7) Other races are allowed in this RP such as vampires, werewolves, elves and the like, but make sure you justify how they've remained hidden.
    8) Characters are not safe from death, they can and may die depending on the situation, just make sure to have a backup plan in case your character just so happens to fall in deep trouble.
    9) Please read everything that is posted. It will keep you from asking unnecessary questions that 9 times out of 10 is answered somewhere in all the information on this page.
    10) Do not post anywhere except the OOC please. Once we have 7 characters our journey can begin.

Spoiler: SEASON 1 

Spoiler: SEASON 2 

Spoiler: Elders of the Council 

Last edited by RisingPhoenix; 08-22-2015 at 06:11 PM.
    Special thanks to Poison Ivy for the awesome sig and avy set.
    Spoiler: The Return of a Story You May Want to Join!! 
    Follow me on Twitter JP_Yolance *Follow me on TikTok Divine Divia JP
    *Follow me on WattpadJeimseu P

Red Ninja
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Hmm didn't know you'd go this way with it Rise.

But I'll call Earth and Darkness for reserve.
    Last edited by SikstaSlathalin; 03-06-2015 at 06:18 AM.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

Immortal Goddess
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Is that a good thing or a bad thing Siks? You know you're one of my most trusted advisers...

I have to find that list of elements that I was going to post for availability.... *sigh* Your elements are reserved Siks.

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Well in my experience a point power system like this doesn't go over well or it falls out of use after a few weeks of trying, turns it more into a video game style thing than an RP. But you are the most successful GM I know, so I have hope in your ability to make it work and I'll help where I can.

We're still going with the kids of our Mystics yes?

Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Immortal Goddess
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yep yep the children or if the characters didn't have children, a new younger character.

I am trying this system out to see how it works. If it gets too complicated we will go back to the original, but I want to see how everyone does with it.

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Good plan mate.

Ok well Kana and her Earth Fae man and Draxer and his Fearstalker wife kids will be mine.

So I have a few questions for the sheet.

Are we not allowed any weapons despite it being in the sheet?

Group Affiliation
    Religious Affiliation
    Marital Status
    Relatives
    Origin
    Occupation

And are all of these optionals to fill out?

And what is group affiliation, Origin, and occupation?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Name: Jin Xiaolin
    Nickname: The Iron Monk
    Alias: N/A
    Sexual Orientation: Celibacy

Appearance:

Hair: Bald to nearly budding
    Facial Hair: Clean-shaven
    Eyes: Bright steel
    Build: Nimble and lean
    Skin Tone: Tanned Asian
    Height: 5’8”/ 172.72cm
    Weight: 135lbs/61.235Kg
    Unique Body Features: Buddhist Urna

Personality: Jin is of a self-reflective disposition, spending most of his time in mediation or in practicing his Kung-Fu. Outside of his mediations Jin is jovial and playful.
    Quirks: Jin has taken up a vow of silence and thus communicates only through simple hand gestures, body language and mild facial expressions
    Fears: There is little of anything Jin fears any more a life of meditative reflection under Buddhist teachings have allowed Jin to overcome any fear that has presented itself thus far.
    Goal: To understand where his powers and if they are a gift or a curse from Buddha.
    Strengths: Jin’s one true strength is his devotion to his everyday practice’s, from meditation and Kung Fu to the maintenance of his vows.
    Weakness: Language barrier, culture differences, and his vow of silence have made meeting people and making personal connections difficult for Jin. Jin only has control of his abilities for a limited time after he meditates, the time is dependant on how long he can maintain the calm, meditative state of mind, without conflict or other mentally straining event Jin can keep this up indefinitely. Conflict is understandably the hardest area for Jin to keep his meditative mind and he's tried, with very limited success, to treat his Kung Fu like an extension of his meditation to treat each and every martial movement in and outside of combat like it's own miniature meditation.

Combativeness: Jin is a pacifist by practice, seeking to avoid conflict where possible and ended it in the quickest, but not most peaceful, way possible resulting in a bit of an odd mix of calm solution solving where possible and quick, heavy displays of violence where it isn’t.
    Natural Talents: Jin is very agile, flexible, and nimble moving through stances and strikes fluidly, watching him move is like watching a river flow, his strikes heavy like a waterfall.
    Skills:
    Shaolin and Northern Shaolin KungFu

Powers:

Tier I:

Weapon Form I: Jin is able to form metal into any weapon currently known to him. Weapons formed this way are of mid low level quality and can easily be duressed and broken.

Iron Fist: Jin forms fitted metal gauntlets around his wrist and hand. The gauntlet can be weaponized with a 12” blade, or a 6” palm spike.

Augmentation I : Jin is able to augment most common objects with a thin metal coating, temporarily adding strength.

Iron Wall: Jin creates a 8'x5'x1" wall of iron in front on himself. Jin is able to create and maintain 3 walls at once.

Tier II:

Metal Manipulation II: Steel, Bronze, and Aluminium and most of their alloys are freely manipulated and formed at a touch, able to be levitated in close proximity but unable to be thrown.

Iron, Copper, Tin, and other ‘basic’ metals within 20ft can be manipulated and levitated in close proximity and can be ‘thrown’.

Weapon: Bō
    Material: Bamboo
    Ammo: ∞
    Length: 6’
    Weight: 25lbs
    Weapon Description: A simple, sturdy, bamboo bō or quarterstaff.

Special Equipment:

12” solid iron statue of Buddha, it is from this that his Iron, seeing his powers as bestowed by Buddha, he uses the iron of the statue in all of his power usages, always reforming the Buddha with the exact same Iron and in the same shape. He uses this iron almost exclusively for his Iron Fist.

108 bead iron mala, Jin where this around his neck, the chain is quiet heavy and is meant to remind him of the burden his abilities are.

Regular Equipment:

Shaolin Robes
    Water Gourd
    Dried food

Background:

Jin was born in the South Shaolin Temple in Henan province, China. As a child he was taught the ways of the Shaolin monk, of Buddhist practices and the religious way of their practice of Kung Fu. Even from an early age, Jin was a quiet child, preferring silence and meditation to words and action. Jin was always diligent in his meditation staying as long as most of the elders would during. He was not so diligent in his practice of Kung Fu though, while he would go through all the necessary required practicing, he’d never stay longer than needed and would hurry off to go back to mediation. Yet though he did not practice as hard as the other children, he was still among the best, his was a gift, a prodigy of sorts when it came to it. Jin though, attributes it to his long hours of mediation and reflection, what the body could practice so too could the mind, to him it was more about the mind when it came to Kung Fu, the ability to stay calm, read the situation and act intelligently.

As Jin grew up, he would travel to the Northern Temple to learn their style of Kung Fu. It was here at the Northern Temple that he would discover his powers. It was during the group mediation. Jin was meditating in Dhyana hand position when the Iron braziers used to heat the roam bent and twisted, their iron was pulled to Jin and formed around him, making him an iron statue. The coals spilled on to the floor and caused a fire that quickly spread causing the other monks to evacuate. Jin was unaware of this as he was deep in meditation. The Iron protected him as the fire turned into an inferno that would burn for several hours, and see the temple where he was meditating burn down completely.

When the fire was burned out the monks returned to find Jin, still in meditation and incased in Iron, the monks moved to him and at a touch Jin awoke from his meditation and the iron fell off him like he was shedding a skin. The other monks did not know what to make of this, but it was soon determined that Jin had been protected by Buddha even though it was the iron from the braziers that had formed around him and caused the fire in the first place.

It would soon be discovered that this was not some isolated incident, any time Jin would meditate, any metal nearby would come and form around him. So it came to be that Jin was seen as being gifted by Buddha with his powers, and it was suggested to him that he take up a pilgrimage around the world in order to understand his gift.
    Last edited by Denraven; 03-12-2015 at 02:49 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I'm interested, but since the powers rest at the core of the characters I do have a few questions. If electricity is a secondary element of fire, would a lightning path be available from the start, or would I have to play as a fire user?

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Spoiler: Callan DONE 

Spoiler: Melantha Ripinger DONE 
    Last edited by SikstaSlathalin; 03-06-2015 at 04:21 AM.

Willshaper
    Semi realistic, and fantasy, with a pinch of Sci Fi
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Mariko is now undergoing a redesign to bring her up to standard.

"Life before death,
    Strength before weakness,
    Journey before destination."
    -The First Ideal

Page 1 of 119 12351 ... LastLast