Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: (M) The Depths Above - Out of Character

Prince of the Wasteland
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Your mom.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default (M) The Depths Above - Out of Character

Rated Mature for sex & nudity, violence & gore, profanity, alcohol & drugs, and disturbing scenes.

Welcome to Moneta Corporation's Career Information Center!

Moneta Corp. is one of the outer planetary circuit's leading resupply and transportation companies, providing freight and fuel servicing from Ceres to DuPont Station. Moneta Corp. owns and operates an updated fleet of freighter and service vessels, a premier orbital propellant depot, significant mechanical and mass production operations, a leading presence in the ISS Corporate Wing, and system-renowned quality assurance. Moneta Corp.'s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, planetary origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, cybernetic modification, or any other basis protected by applicable law.

Our current job openings are as follows:

Entry-Level (Class 4 and Below)
    Spoiler: Deckhand 
    Intermediate (Class 3 Certification)
    Spoiler: Flight Engineer 
    Spoiler: Medical Technician 
    Experienced (Class 2 and Above)
    Spoiler: Communications and Sensors Operator (CSO) 

The CSS Florence is an LR1 supertanker and emergency refueling vessel under contract by the Moneta Corporation. The Florence was ordered and fabricated at the Eureka Sub-Orbital Shipyard near Titan in 2040 as part of the new United Nations Space Guard's initial Outer Planetary Fleet. Christened as the USSGC Blackwood, she was launched in 2042 and saw service in the Asteroid Belt as a Fast Response Emergency vessel.

In her role as an FRE vessel with the Space Guard, she was instrumental in the rescue of the HMSV Nelson in the Pallas disaster (see attached file), and went on to offer her support in a variety of other emergency situations. After a highly regarded service record, she was decommissioned in 2049 as part of the Guard's fleet upgrade, and mothballed at the Halyard Naval Base on Mars.

Purchased by the Moneta Corporation in 2052 as part of a salvage exchange, the vessel was rechristened the Florence. Retrofitted as a mobile refueling vessel, the Florence was placed into the outer planetary circuit rotation in order to help stranded ships. Under LM protocols, she has flown with a skeleton crew for the last seven years, providing freelance services to all OPC operational vessels. The Florence is currently in her seventh year of service.

Announcement on Behalf of His Majesty King George VII on a Forfeiture of Honours, January 31st, 2048

It is the finding of the Honours Forfeiture Committee so convened that, in dereliction of Duty to his Countrymen and Crew, as well as disregard to the orders of his Commanding Officer, James Horatio Marlow, so awarded on the Eighth of July in the year Two Thousand and Forty-Four, shall hence be stripped of all former Honours. The Committee finds the scale and severity of Mister Marlow's actions as First Officer aboard the HMSV Nelson to have been catastrophically irredeemable and tragically avoidable. His subsequent behaviour in trial remains an indictment to his character and as evidence that he should never have received such Awards in the first place.

While this Declaration can in no way recover the lives lost in consequence of Mister Marlow's actions, nor heal the grievous sufferings that still must be felt by those who live on, it is the wish of His Majesty that some relief be gained from the righting of former wrongs, however symbolically. To the Families of the Four Hundred and Twenty-Nine, His Majesty offers his sincerest of condolences and firm regard for standing of those lives lost.

An Excerpt from Jonathan Alfred Hodges' Best-Selling Novel
    Milestones of the Early 21st Century:
    Chapter 3: The Second Space Race & Extraplanetary Colonizing

With a somewhat tumultuous ushering in of the new millennium, the boons and benefits brought by the Information Age nevertheless catalyzed humanity into a more prosperous era of globalization and inter-connectivity. As the threat of terrorism faded and various sovereignty disputes drew to a gradual conclusion, the people of Earth once again turned their attention skyward to the heavens. While early corporate and private efforts met with mixed results, the unified persistence and spirit of competition drove humanity to finally achieve off-world habitation.

• July 14th, 2016: A successful joint moon landing by the Japanese group Hakuto and the American company Astrobotic Technology, in collaboration with SpaceX, wins the two teams the $30 million Google Lunar X Prize challenge.
    • January 20th, 2017: After an exciting election, Hilary Clinton is sworn in as the first female President of the United States of America.
    • 2018: The Second Space Race begins, as the US and Japan seek to outdo the burgeoning programs in China and Europe.
    • September 28th, 2021: James Horatio Marlow, "Lord Jim," is born in Moorgate, London.
    • September 12th, 2022: 60 years after Kennedy's speech at Rice University, newly elected President Joaquín Castro announces plans for a permanent moonbase.
    • 2022-2024: The Chinese Tiangong Space Station is successfully launched into orbit.
    • April 4th, 2026: After significant delays, the first wave of Mars One colonists finally arrive and settle near Arsia Mons.
    • November 5th, 2029: The United States establishes the Neil A. Armstrong Lunar Outpost in the Sea of Tranquility.
    • August 4th, 2030: The United States Space Guard (USSG) is founded.
    • September 18th, 2031: The remains of the first Mars One colony are returned to earth, as Camp Hope is established near the north pole.
    • 2032-2035: While American and European interests extend to the outer planets, India and Japan begin collaboration with Turkey's upstart space program in colonization and exploration efforts around Mercury and Venus.
    • December, 2037: The Great Belt Rush of '37 occurs, as independent corporate interests begin laying claim to vast swathes of the Asteroid Belt. A boomtown quickly arises on Ceres.
    • 2039: The first extraplanetary university, the Olympus Mons Institute of Technology, is founded on Mars.
    • January 1st, 2040: The Harmony Accord is passed, making the United Nations the de facto government of earth and effectively federalizing all countries as independent states. The United States Space Guard and the European Union's Rescue and Service Corps combine to become the United Nations Space Guard (UNSG).
    • 2041-2043: With corporatization of space at an all time high, the Silent Wars are waged control of the Asteroid belt. Most old world corporations and companies go under in huge financial collapses, while unexplained disappearances and deaths run rampant. Colonial failures abound.
    • October 25th, 2042: The UNSGC Blackwood is launched near Europa as part of the United Nations' Outer Planetary Fleet.
    • April 20th, 2043: The Moneta Corporation is founded by Parker Wilson.
    • February 26th, 2044: Moneta's construction of DuPont Station finishes, while mining of Titan for natural resources begins.
    • December 13th, 2047: The Pallas Disaster occurs. It is the single largest loss of life in aerospace history, with 429 recorded deaths.
    • 2050-2052: The first terraforming attempt of the Moon is made, and while no lives are lost the two year effort nonetheless ends in failure and setbacks.
    • July 14th, 2052: Moneta options to purchase several decommissioned Space Guard cutters, the Blackwood among them.
    • November 9th, 2053: The Great Schism occurs as the United States announces its intention to leave the United Nations. The USSG is reformed and militarized, leading to an arms buildup.
    • November 29th, 2053: The Blackwood is rechristened the CSS Florence and launched as a resupply vessel near Ceres.
    • November 29th-December 25th, 2053: World War III, or what would come to be called the Last War begins, and is resolved quickly. Casualties are low, and new changes in national sovereignty to the United Nations leads to a swift resolution. The United States Space Guard once again becomes the United Nations Space Guard.
    • 2055: A new era of peace starts. With colonies and stations now firmly established on several worlds, the UE prioritizes space exploration.
    • October 11th, 2056: Gina Velky is commissioned by the United States Astrogeological Survey to lead a good faith multinational team on a subsequent field expedition.
    • June 28th, 2057: Chandler Research Base is established near Enceladus's south pole.
    • March 24th, 2059: Moneta Corporation is called before a specially convened UE tribunal as part of the ongoing investigation into the crisis surrounding Enceladus.

The Rules
    The player acknowledges that...
    ...they will follow all RPA guidelines and rules, including those concerning mature content.
    ...the Game Master (Juicesir) and his rules shall be upheld.
    ...they will only be able to submit one character, and that the crew of the Florence shall be determined at the discretion of the GM in 96 hours time at the most.
    ...should their character be accepted as a part of the crew of the Florence, that their character may be subject to strange and terrifying things, disturbing and unorthodox changes and growths, and the very real possibility of death, be it on the first page of the roleplay or the last.
    ...they will - barring emergency real life circumstances - remain present and posting in the roleplay, and that should their activity and posting fall to an inadequately deemed level that hampers the progress of the roleplay, that their character will be killed in a cruel and unique way not necessarily up to the player's choosing.
    ...they will communicate and work with the Game Master and their fellow crew, and work to maintain a hospitable Out of Character thread.
    ...characters created for this roleplay are strictly realistic and in fitting with the a near-future aesthetic, and that players submitting non-realistic pictures, not conforming to the aesthetic guidelines, and who present difficulties with their writing may not be considered for this roleplay.
    ...this is a Survival Horror roleplay and that shit will get gruesome and weird, and that they're totally cool with that.

Now follows the character skeleton, in the form of an employment application. Remember: players submitting characters that are more realistic will likely get the nod. Think about the sort of person that would crew a freight truck, or an oil tanker, or lay down railroad tracks for a living, and you'll get the idea of the kinds of people who would fit in best on the Florence and work well with Moneta. Moneta is one of the leading companies in this sort of new age Manifest Destiny type deal.

Spoiler: Moneta Corp. Employment Application 
    Character submission is now open, but certain roles may be limited by players. Please ask the GM before submitting what is open.
    Last edited by Juicesir; 08-24-2015 at 04:36 AM.

Janus

Are the current job openings the only ones we can take? I was hoping to be a/the pilot.

Prince of the Wasteland
    Your mom.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ah, that is an excellent point to bring up.

I mentioned it briefly in the description, but functionally speaking, the Communications and Sensors Officer is the "pilot," when the Captain is not on deck. Both he and the Captain have training in what limited systems actually maneuver the ship minutely. Large freighters such as the Florence aren't piloted so much as charted anyhow, and so it follows under the CSO's and the Captain's duties to correct any course actions that might be necessary in the ship's navigation via the navigation console. I'll make that clearer.

Janus

*Coin flips for MedTech or Engineer*

Fantasy; mystery; dark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sign me up. I'll get a CS up in the next day or three (will be busy most of Monday) but should have something up in the next 24 hours or so.

Janus

Spoiler: Fayza 

Full Name: Azarola, Fayza Nizhoni.
    Date of Birth: July 12th, 2026.
    Gender Identity: Woman
    Position Applied For: Flight Engineer.

Have you previously worked for Moneta Corp.?: Yes.

If yes, please describe your experience, and length of employment: "...Files indicate that Ms. Azarola did indeed participate in the retrofitting of the USSGC Blackwood, now known as the Florence, for the duration of the retrofitting. Paperwork were also signed requesting a transfer onto the Florence. Co-workers noted Ms. Azarola had a reserved, introverted nature, and never heard her speak. My initial speculations were that she was autistic, though reviewing her medical files, it's now known that Ms. Azarola suffers from a vocal disorder, effectively rendering her mute..."

Other work experiences: "...Before her work retrofitting, and subsequent transferal, on the Florence, the first ship Ms. Azarola served on out of OMIT was the USSGC Daedalus, a cargo freighter, for four years. Adrienne San Nicolas, Captain of the Daedalus, spoke highly of Ms. Azarola, stating that despite her disorder, Ms. Azarola was a skilled engineer and mechanic. In spite of Ms. Azarola's quiet nature, Captain San Nicolas went on to say, she was never unfriendly nor stoic, and that most of the crew of the Daedalus saw her as a friend, and would miss her presence..."

Education History: "...Due to her less-than-fortunate childhood growing up outside of Cairo, Ms. Azarola's family was never able to correct her vocal disorder. Despite this, however, Ms. Azarola's natural intelligence and inquisitive served her well through her schooling, and eventually through hard work and perseverance, earned herself a scholarship to OMIT: Olympus Mons Institute of Technology, and specifically into AA, the Academy of Aeronautics. Earning her Bachelor of Science degree in Aerospace Engineering, Ms. Azarola was forced to leave college before earning her Masters, due to her family's growing financial troubles. Ms. Azarola took a job on the USSGC Daedalus to support her mother and three sisters..."

Summarize Your Special Skills or Qualifications: "...Ms. Azarola possesses a fine, analytical mind, with a strong grasp on engineering. When contacting her widowed mother, Maria Azarola, stated that as a child Fayza would take apart her toys and re-arrange the parts, creating something entirely new. Ms. Azarola also, as a teenager, had a small interest in automobiles of the past, holding a part-time job at a repair garage to help support her family. In her adult years, Ms. Azarola hasn't lived on-planet for many years, preferring life on-ship. Due to sending the majority of her payments to her family, Ms. Azarola still hasn't corrected her vocal disorder, but has learned, or invented, her own manner of non-verbal communication, as many of her past co-workers did not understand American Sign Language. Ms. Azarola exhibits fine improvisational skills, along with a strong sense of concentration during her work..."

Well, here's my lady. I hope she doesn't suck.

Prince of the Wasteland
    Your mom.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Freckly.

Interesting how you chose to go so non-direct and third person narrative with her work history. I was expecting people to leave their back stories out of it and treat it like an actual application, but I do like this style. Very nice.

Moon Child
    Feeding Nazgul with a spoon in his white padded room.
    I will try just about anything. Especially Twilight fanfiction. TEAM JACOB!
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

Spoiler: Catalina Mariana Mendez 

Full Name: Mendez, Catalina Mariana
    Date of Birth: June 26th, 2032
    Gender Identity: Female
    Position Applied For: Deckhand

Have you previously worked for Moneta Corp.?: N
    If yes, please describe your experience, and length of employment: N/A

Other work experiences:
    2050-2053 Maids of Honor Cleaning Service, Phoenix AR
    2053-Current - Custodian and Maintenance at Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ

Education History:
    2046-2050 Mountain Pointe High School----- Diploma

Summarize Your Special Skills or Qualifications:
    I am bilingual, fluent in both Spanish and English. I have worked in cleaning and maintenance for nearly ten years. I do not have a weak stomach and work hard to do my best in everything I do. Pride can be shown in any job, including cleaning. I am very dependable and have only missed a handful of days at my current employer.

Spoiler: Looking for RP in all the wrong places? Click here! 

Spoiler: Friend Quotes 

Dark Lord of the Gif
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

As the job opening i was hoping to fill wasn't posted I'ma have to restart the process.

will fill one out shortly
    Spoiler: Cuteness 

Wanna laugh at a drunken fool? Click Here!
    Watch me Stream or catch old streams here

Janus

Just for idle chatter, I broke my own rule of not having Super Special Interesting Names only to show how multicultural everyone is in damn near 2060.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast