Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: (M)(Re) Hoist the Sails to a New Beginning (OOC)

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Anything with violence in it, fantasy, 1x1's.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default (M)(Re) Hoist the Sails to a New Beginning (OOC)

Yarh! And welcome... This be a Pirate Roleplay! But there's Sci-Fi and Adult Themes as Well So be warned matey! *Rated M for Mature for blood, coarse language and mature themes.* (This may or may not be a reboot or the pirate roleplay I made before.

-A Little Bit of History:
    In 4021 everyone was living peacefully. Technology had advanced and so had the world. Out of the blue radioactive water flooded over the world. Everyone was in shock, no one could tell where the waste was coming from and it made them panic. Some people died, some people committed suicide and others mutated from the water. The people gained qualities to help them survive the waste water. But it wasn't just people who were affected, animals and the land were destroyed in ways as well. Most, if not all of the people who survived had flocked to the sea and skies. Once the radioactive waste cleared up mostly, people came back to the land. The land it's self was still pretty damaged.

Not everyone wanted to be a law abiding, earth rejuvenating citizen. Now that most people were more familiar with the sea's and sky's some of them became Pirates. Three types of pirates were noticed and confirmed, Sea Pirates, Sky Pirates and finally Space Pirates. It was easy to become a pirate. After the radiation flood, treasure was laying around in places, and their wasn't really anyone that could stand up and fight them. Except Bounty Hunters and maybe police officers.

Then in 4076 something else horrible happened, a war. Though it was mostly between Space Pirates, Sky Pirates and Sea Pirates, Bounty Hunters also started attacking the pirates. This war started when the Sky Pirates thought they could kill all the Sea Pirates. The Sea Pirates fought back, formed somewhat of an alliance with the Sky Pirates and Space Pirates and life went on. The war was bitter and lasted eleven years.

After the war things kind of went back to normal, even though now radioactive waste is in the waters, some people have mutations and there are Pirates and Bounty Hunters. Pirates are still a profession that people consider as a general option. Even people who don't seem like they are cut out to be Pirates, just because you,end up making so much money.

Their are also some people who believe that the radioactive waste wasn't just some accidental spill from a factory, Some believe that the radioactive waste was the work of a deep and dark Organization plotting against the world.

-Plot:
    So now now it's the year 4087 and more and more people are becoming Pirates. You can play as a Pirate, or a bounty hunter. Their are regular Pirates who sail around the sea's careful not to fall into the remaining radioactive waste. They steal from the people on land. Their are also sky pirates who sail around in the higher skies and sometimes even space. Space Pirate ships are designed to only fly in space, but they can be modified for lower altitudes. You can also play as a bounty hunter and catch Pirates instead of playing as one. Search for treasure and power, and try to survive. Maybe if your lucky you might even find out why the world was plagued with radioactive waste water.

-Rules-

-I'm the GM or whatever

-NecroNama is my co god mod so listen to him too.

-Don't Make an Over powered Char.

-Ask before you kill someone ask... (I mean you can kill people in this Roleplay but I think you should ask them if it's alright.)

-All RPA rules apply of course

Spoiler: -Sea Ships- 

Spoiler: -Sky/ Space Ships- 

Spoiler: Mutations 

Spoiler: Treasure 

Spoiler: -Towns, Sky Docks and Money- 

Spoiler: Islands 

Spoiler: Planets 

Spoiler: -Sky Docks- 

Spoiler: -The Monsters of the Sea, Sky and Space- 

Spoiler: Character Sheet: 

[B]Accepted Characters: Al The Drunken Pirate https://role-player.net/forum/showthr...52#post2415252

Baby (Sometimes a pirate and sometimes a bounty hunter. Whatever pays the bills.) https://role-player.net/forum/showthr...?t=71039&page=

Questions, comments, concerns? PM me about them!

Spoiler: My chars 
    Last edited by Okami; 03-07-2015 at 09:43 PM.

Thank you Hayabusa!

Pirates Roleplay: https://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=71039 Wolf Roleplay: https://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=71056

Spoiler: My past Role-plays  

Near the Halo Ring by the Omega 4 Relay with the other Power Rangers
    D&D, Sci-fi, realistic ones, and ones with a video game twist.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ALL HAIL THE RETURN OF THE ONE, THE ONLY, THE GREATEST PIRATE NEVER TO OWN A BOAT YET CAN DRINK ANYONE UNDER THE TABLE AND BEAT ARMED PIRATES WITH A SIMPLE BOTTLE OF RUM, THE GOD-KING OF RUM AND ALL THINGS ALCOHOL......

Spoiler: AL THE DRUNKEN PIRATE 

fantasy/Parrody
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

interesting
    Some of your photo links are broken though.
    I may make a character for this tomorow.

"We're living in a dream; an endless fantasy," ~Yohio ♥
    Fantasy and Parody/Fan-based RP; Be warned; I write *a lot*
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Pirates are flippin' awesome~ My personal favorite historical pirate is Ching Shih - brutal woman, totally worth reading up on and drawing inspiration from for characters if anyone who wants to join is drawing any blanks~ Best of luck with your RP - it's a shipshape idea! Yarrg!

But luck isn't enough when you need players, and what better way to attract willing participants but by advertising? I recommend submitting to Roleplay of the Week and/or The RPA Tribune. To do that you'll need a snazzy banner, but don't fret! If you don't know how or simply don't want to make your own banner, there's a wonderful Banner Shop made just for such an occasion! If this isn't instant enough for you, there are two other methods that work pretty great: First off, you can add your RP to the RPG Directory, where GM's like you can strut their stuff and freely advertise your game :3 Next, I've gone ahead and added your RP to my signature to help you advertise, but be sure to remind all the other staff members to do the same~ If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, don't be afraid to PM me c:

Spoiler: Need some RP advice? Click show~ 

Anything with violence in it, fantasy, 1x1's.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

@Necro.... AL THE ONE AND ONLY DRUNKEN PIRATE IS ACCEPTED!

@ Iejir.... Thank you for telling me my links are broken. I will fix them. And got for it! (making a character that is...)

@ Cartel .... Ching Shih sounds awesome (from what I sort of read on a wiki site) Also thanks for the links.

Thank you Hayabusa!

Pirates Roleplay: https://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=71039 Wolf Roleplay: https://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=71056

Spoiler: My past Role-plays  

fantasy/Parrody
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Name: Rafe Barune
    Sexual Orientation: Straight
    Personality: Rafe is generally aloof and relaxed. laughing hardships off since, so long as he wasn't harmed, he was sure he could work something out. A sharp tongue gets him into as much trouble as it gets him out of but he's never been one to roll over for pirate or government official.
    Appearance:
    Bounty Hunter or Pirate?: Space pirate/privateer
    Any Mutations?: 6th sense,
    What Pirate Crew they want to Join and what Position?: see's himself as his own crew, though not opposed to making allies among other crews.
    Boat:
    Reputation: Known for bending the "rules" and twisting words. Rafe's results are hard to argue with, but many find themselves very wary of makeing a deal with him since in the end they may not get what they bargained for.
    History: Rafe was actually born on Venus after his family fled the toxic earth. There he recieved a minor education due to the high inflow of refugees and disidents from the venutian government. Still he grew up strong learning to fend for himself and gaining a streetwise mentality that compensated for his poor schooling.
    One of his turning points was when he was trained by a local pirate to fight using a laser sword. The weapon was a relic of old technology from before the flood and many found them difficult to use. However it seemed Rafe took to the strange weapon easily. After a few years the ageing mentor bequeathed him with his old ship, Rather small for most vessels but capable of atmospheric entry and escape under its own power. Rafe was curious as to what exactly happened and jumps at the chance to raid old archives anywhere he can find them. Under this pretense he petitioned the venutian navy to allow him to hunt down this information. While they begrugingly accepted that he was not directly under their employ, Rafe had to share with them anything he learned in order to recieve their support.
    Weapons and items: Laster sword, Star pilots holdout
    Other:
    Theme Song: (Optional)
    Last edited by IejirKothar; 03-07-2015 at 07:38 PM.

The bumbliest of bumbling bees
    All sorts, I'm open like that.
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

SAVE ME A SPOT SAVE ME A SPOT

The last mosquito that bit me had to check into the Betty Ford clinic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

@IejirKothar, I know I'm not the GM but could you explain what the "Sixth Sense" is? Does he see ghost, is it like Spider-Man's "Spidey-sense", is it mental intuition? What? Also, I think mutations are limited to actual physical attributes, like a extra arm or something...nothing to do with ones ability to be "psychic". Not to mention, you may want to use spell check on your post since there were a lot of missing, misspelled, and parts I couldn't understand.

fantasy/Parrody
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NecroNama View Post
    @IejirKothar, I know I'm not the GM but could you explain what the "Sixth Sense" is? Does he see ghost, is it like Spider-Man's "Spidey-sense", is it mental intuition? What? Also, I think mutations are limited to actual physical attributes, like a extra arm or something...nothing to do with ones ability to be "psychic". Not to mention, you may want to use spell check on your post since there were a lot of missing, misspelled, and parts I couldn't understand.
    Well, I would say to you that its either your own reading or something else as far as "spelling" because my browsers checking program doesn't detect anyting.
    secondly its a hightened awareness like the "spideysense" as for whether or not its allowed I think should be left up to Okami or an actualy apointed Mod. I don't mind the critique or anything and I myself have been known to give advice or insight on a particular subject.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Known for bendign the "rules" and twisting"....and...."relaxed laughing hardships off since so long as he wasn't harmed.....never been one to roll over for pirate or government official."

Bending....relaxed, laughing hardships off since it has been so long since he's been harmed.....one to roll over for any pirate or government official.

I'm not trying to be rude, but this was just by reading over your character. Don't rely on "spell checking", proof read for yourself and make sure it makes sense and words aren't missing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast