Page 1 of 17 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The False King's Grimoire: Rebooted (OOC)

Among the leaves of the whispering groves.
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Modern Fantasy, Gothic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default The False King's Grimoire: Rebooted (OOC)

My name is Amon Marun, yet I have been called many other things - the Gold King, the Demon King, the Wolf King...the False King. I unlocked the secrets of the great magical powers encased within every human being, and I used it to reduce the king to ash and take the throne for myself, and to extend my own life and rule the land with an iron fist for over 200 years. None dared stand against me or open their mouth in protest, lest they be struck down by my powers even if they overpowered my soldiers. The land was mine and mine alone, and none could stand against my might. Yet all that is forgotten now. I have been dead for many generations, and with me died the secret to humanity's magical ability, lost in time. Now even the stone encasing me has forgotten me.

You live comfortably in a decadent world of concrete and glass, oil and electricity, with towers stretching up to touch the fabric of the sky. Your greatest worry is how you will pass the coming mathematics class, or if you remembered to do all your homework. You are safe, your future is secured, you have nothing to worry about. And I, a dusty old corpse neither you or a hundred generations before you know exists, is of no significance in your life.

Is that what you think?

Do you think I would lay down in the stone forever? To deny myself my divine right as king? Never. I am Amon Marun, the ruler of men! And when my grimoire is recovered from the shoals of time in which it has been lost, I will return, and this time the entire world will bow to my power.

And then...

Then we will see how "false" of a king I am.

Introduction
    Magic has always existed. It has been within every single living being since the dawn of time, but using it is a science in itself, and the secrets of the arcane has faded in and out of mankind's knowledge through the millenia. The last person with any real knowledge in the use these mystical powers was Amon Marun "The Gold King", a historical figure now lost in time, almost completely forgotten by history.

You know nothing of this. You are just a regular student at your local high school, your ambitions and motivations known only to you. You wake up, you go to school, you go home, you go to bed. Your life is quite average, really. So when you are suddenly drawn into a mystical realm the likes of which you have never seen, inhabited by one strange figure calling itself "the Warden", who suddenly gives you the mission to fight a threat you have never heard of before in your life, your perception on life gets quite a tumble. And when you suddenly have mystical powers that can only be described as magic, it gets turned right upside down.

Although things are confusing and strange and do not make sense, it is soon clear that this threat is very real, and you must set out to find and destroy the one thing capable to give Amon Marun the power to enslave the world, an object of unimaginable power lost to time and space.

You must destroy the False King's Grimoire.

Magic
    Magic is generally divided into five categories, each with their own unique abilities. Each person can only use one type of magic; which one the person gets is seemingly random, and appears to be decided long before birth, but is not revealed until the secrets of the arcane are unlocked by the user or granted by the mysterious Warden. Using magic takes an amount of energy from the user proportionate to the energy represented in their feat. Producing a lightning bolt requires a fraction of the energy in the bolt from the person who performed the feat, and lifting a mountain requires a fraction of the energy required for the user to lift a mountain with physical force. How large the fraction required is depends on how skilled the user is in utilizing the energy within their own body.
    The categories are as following:

Energy
    The control of all types of energies in the world, including heat, light, magnetism and electricity. Controlling heat does not mean controlling fire per se, but the intense heat you can emit can in theory ignite anything flammable, given enough skill in the user. Wielders of this power can also drain all kinds of energy from the world around them, in addition to being able to emit them. This means they can freeze things by removing the heat, drain electronics of power, disrupt signals, et cetera.

Kinetics
    Gravity is the keyword to kinetic magic. Masters in kinetic magic can pull off feats such as levitation, telekinesis, pushing, pulling, and everything else that has to do with physics and defying it. Kinetics users can also be the heavy-hitters in a fight due to their ability to channel kinetic force through their limbs in, for example, a punch, leading to an enormously powerful blow.

Conjuring
    Able to summon anything from within his or her imagination, a conjurer can make anything from creatures - real or imaginary - or illusions, to functioning cars and machine guns. If the conjurer can imagine it, he can conjure it, but the larger the object, and the longer it stays in existence, the more energy it drains from the conjurer.

Alteration
    Alteration means altering the physical world - hence its name - to suit the user's needs. Turning water to ice, raising a wall of stone, or bending metal to their wish, alteration can be used both to create and to destroy. Be aware that it cannot move anything besides in the act of altering it. This means that while a user in alteration magic can alter the ground to spring up a beautiful statue, he or she cannot move objects from their original position using magic, as this belongs to the category of kinetics.

Time
    Taking on the power of time itself, the user of this magic can manipulate the flow of time through "time fields", a limited area set out by the caster in which time functions differently than outside it, whether it passes slower, faster, or is stopped completely. A master of time magic can use its powers to manipulate the battlefield to their liking, slowing or stopping enemies and speeding up their allies. This power can also be used to reverse a broken object to before it was broken, or age an object or material to the point where it has eroded from existence. However, these time fields only stay up for as long as the caster sustains them, and the larger and more numerous these fields are, the more energy it drains from the caster.

Notes
    Very important: Dedication needed
    I don't want to see anyone dropping out two weeks after we've started this. If you do not have time or ability to dedicate yourself to a game over a long period of time, don't play.

This is a reboot of an old game
    I tried setting this game up in early January this year but it sadly died almost exactly a month ago. I'm now back for another try (huzzah!). So for anyone that might recognize this from before, this should explain things for you before you call shenanigans. I hope this game will get a proper run this time around.

Co-GM
    Unlike last time, I now have my good friend Nathchi with me as a second GM. She will, unlike me, be taking the role of a major character, but will also share GM authority similar to mine. Börk börk.

Gore
    Combat in this game can include just about anything you want, from simple melee weapons to guns or even explosives - they all work, more or less - but the most powerful weapon and tool at your disposal is your magical abilities, and fighting to the death using these kinds of power is no pretty thing. Gore is very likely to be included for the sake of realism - I mean you don't just flop about like a ragdoll when squished in between enormous rocks. This game was put into the Adult section in order to avoid putting restrictions on this.

Player-GM cooperation
    Many things of this game is not set in stone, but is rather encouraged to be worked out between the players and the GM. This will allow the players to have a say in how the game will work and shape it somewhat to their liking.

Also, as another aspect of cooperating with the GM's, we would request that you consider lightening our burdens if you can. Specifically when it comes to the personalities of your characters. Creating a character with a personality that would make it unreasonable or unlikely for them to cooperate with other people or take on this heroic role that will play out in the RP, will make the jobs of the GMs much harder, and may even force us to break your character's, uh, character, in order to make things work.

Player limit
    5 is the ideal number of players in this game to give the kind of experience intended, and is also the minimum amount in order to have all the powers covered. After this, another 2 players are allowed to take part, leading to a maximum amount of 7 players. Any more than 7, and the game will be likely to feel cramped and crowded. Apologies if this means your character will not be able to take part, but know that your sacrifice will be remembered if you make sure to remind us regularly.

Should more important notes about this game arise, they will be added here.

Who are you?
    Name:
    Appearance: Image is optional, text description is mandatory
    Power: What kind of magic your character is able to control
    Personality:
    Biography:
    Other: Notable information of your character that does not really fit into the other categories.

Character sheets
    Spoiler: Alan Gallagher (Played by Nathchi) 
    Spoiler: Daniel Ornesto (Played by chilloice) 
    Spoiler: Nathan Murabii (Played by Dr.Insano) 
    Spoiler: Diana Belle (Played by MashuNeko) 
    Spoiler: Esha Russel (Played by Cartelsaide) 

Last edited by Andalais; 04-07-2015 at 01:36 PM.

Keep calm and move along.

Steampunk, Sci-fi, IRL(in real life), fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Name: Alan Gallagher

Appearance: 1,78cm with a normal build body, not too slim nor muscular. He have red short messy hair, you could almost say it's spiky unintentionally. Green eyes, red eyebrows and yellow-red skin as if he haven't been outside much. He usually wears a t-shirt with blue jeans or a hoodie with it's arms cut away from the shirt and a t-shirt under, showing off his arms with saggy blue shorts and colorful training shoes. Otherwise he have his school uniform that he wear a bit untidy.

Power: Energy

Personality: A happy fellow that isn't afraid to say what he thinks and that can make him look like an idiot sometimes, or another more nicer word for airhead. He smiles often yet get into fights and is very loud, he doesn't care for the attention he surrounds himself in (if it doesn't involve a cute girl) and just goes with his own flow.

Biography: A twisted story with his parents divorced, a lot of ups and downs, hitting, crying, laughing and a lot of memories. His mother died in an accident when he was 13 and is now living with his useless father who's spending money on alcohol.

Other: Because of his father, he have had some small working places to gain money from and now is helping at a store together with a friend who suggested him to work there.
    Why not have a look at my Role-plays?

Spoiler: ROLEPLAYS 

Fantasy,Adventure, Horrorbut I'm opentotry new genres
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ah before it's taken, may I reserve the Kinetic magic as I make a character. I didn't read anything saying it's first come, first serve so if it isn't too much trouble may I?
    So many Rp's I've become interested in, damn is life good. Practicing my drawing, writing fics and one-shots, practicing and going to school. Is a good life with fairly manageable schedules.
    Spoiler: A thing my friend made me do 

Modern Fantasy, Gothic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chilloice View Post
    Ah before it's taken, may I reserve the Kinetic magic as I make a character. I didn't read anything saying it's first come, first serve so if it isn't too much trouble may I?
    You may, as long as you're willing to compromise if problems occur.

Fantasy,Adventure, Horrorbut I'm opentotry new genres
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Alright well I hope problems don't occur because here is my character sheet.

Name: Daniel Hornesto (pronounced OR-ness-to)

Appearance: Stands at 5 ft 8 inches (173 cm) with a slightly more muscular body than the average teen due to his boxing activities. He has short black hair that instead growing downward ends up growing into afro like hair that he maintains short, despite that his hair curls drastically when messy but slicks back nicely combed. His skin a darker shade of a tanned brown around his arms, neck, face and calves while his hands, torso and thighs are paler brown that slightly match his tanned skin. With chocolate brown eyes he has a small goatee that matches his hair color. He usually wears a neutral colored jacket with a complimented jeans and sneakers, underneath the jacket he’s usually wearing just a wife beater. During school days, he wears his school uniform that he had fitted to be a little more maneuverable since it felt that his uniform was a little to small for him. He also wears a black collar mainly for the fun of it.

Power: Kinetic

Personality: Daniel is usually calm individual but that is mainly a result of his boxing, and that result is usually around his friends. Outside his circle of friends, he’s a stubborn hothead. He’ll push and prod for certain ways to be done and will usually attempt to carry what he can out by himself if no one will join him. Despite his stubbornness he’s a semi-friendly person to walk up too and just talk with, but he can’t stand when a large group of people begin to surround him as he begins to panic and will run at the beginnings of a crowd beginning to form.

Biography: Daniel’s birth was planned as a means to give his parents citizenship and he was molded as this obedient child just to make sure his parents could stay. As the years passed his parents became more and more toxic as Daniel slowly began to question his parents and rebel despite the molding. Eventually he joined a boxing club in his final year of middle school where he met the Hawaiian boxing coach. Entering high school he joined the boxing team and continued the sport. The coach was a father figure that Daniel never had and slowly began to let loose more as he was offered support. When Daniel turned 14, he and his father had an argument and before he saw what happened he punched his father when he was close enough and ran to pack some stuff before rushing out of the house. Running towards the boxing club he joined, he had hoped someone would be in but instead ended up waiting outside the door for 8 hours until the coach came to open the door. Daniel was unofficially adopted by the coach and has been able to call him dad, and has made sure to cease all communication with his toxic mother and father.

Other: He’s become a helper coach teaching youths how to box. He has a small part time job as a barista at the local cafe by day, bar by night in the daytime, lthough he’s had practice being a nighttime bartender when it was absolutely necessary for business or when they really needed the revenue.
    So many Rp's I've become interested in, damn is life good. Practicing my drawing, writing fics and one-shots, practicing and going to school. Is a good life with fairly manageable schedules.
    Spoiler: A thing my friend made me do 

Action, Drama, and hent- you get it.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I would like to request altering.

The Froggiest
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)

I really love this idea, super cool Here are a few links that can help get your game noticed:

The Roleplaying Games Directory is for active roleplays that are currently accepting new members.

Staff Siggies have crazy spoilers containing a list of roleplays currently accepting new members.

The RPA Tribune is RPA's monthly newsletter, and each month we pick a new roleplay to be featured in it!

Finally, the Roleplay of the Week is posted on the main forum each week as an announcement. All roleplays that are currently accepting new members are encouraged to apply, but if you need a little help with the banner you can check out the Banner shop.

Good luck with your new roleplay and happy RPing!

Modern Fantasy, Gothic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny Senpai View Post
    I would like to request altering.
    Then post a character with altering. You don't need to check with anyone first. You want Alteration, take it.

Modern, Historical, SciFi, Fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Interested, will get a CS up later today, thinking time magic.

Modern Fantasy, Gothic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chilloice View Post
    Alright well I hope problems don't occur because here is my character sheet.

Name: Daniel Hornesto (pronounced OR-ness-to)

Appearance: Stands at 5 ft 8 inches (173 cm) with a slightly more muscular body than the average teen due to his boxing activities. He has short black hair that instead growing downward ends up growing into afro like hair that he maintains short, despite that his hair curls drastically when messy but slicks back nicely combed. His skin a darker shade of a tanned brown around his arms, neck, face and calves while his hands, torso and thighs are paler brown that slightly match his tanned skin. With chocolate brown eyes he has a small goatee that matches his hair color. He usually wears a neutral colored jacket with a complimented jeans and sneakers, underneath the jacket he’s usually wearing just a wife beater. During school days, he wears his school uniform that he had fitted to be a little more maneuverable since it felt that his uniform was a little to small for him. He also wears a black collar mainly for the fun of it.

Power: Kinetic

Personality: Daniel is usually calm individual but that is mainly a result of his boxing, and that result is usually around his friends. Outside his circle of friends, he’s a stubborn hothead. He’ll push and prod for certain ways to be done and will usually attempt to carry what he can out by himself if no one will join him. Despite his stubbornness he’s a semi-friendly person to walk up too and just talk with, but he can’t stand when a large group of people begin to surround him as he begins to panic and will run at the beginnings of a crowd beginning to form.

Biography: Daniel’s birth was planned as a means to give his parents citizenship and he was molded as this obedient child just to make sure his parents could stay. As the years passed his parents became more and more toxic as Daniel slowly began to question his parents and rebel despite the molding. Eventually he joined a boxing club in his final year of middle school where he met the Hawaiian boxing coach. Entering high school he joined the boxing team and continued the sport. The coach was a father figure that Daniel never had and slowly began to let loose more as he was offered support. When Daniel turned 14, he and his father had an argument and before he saw what happened he punched his father when he was close enough and ran to pack some stuff before rushing out of the house. Running towards the boxing club he joined, he had hoped someone would be in but instead ended up waiting outside the door for 8 hours until the coach came to open the door. Daniel was unofficially adopted by the coach and has been able to call him dad, and has made sure to cease all communication with his toxic mother and father.

Other: He’s become a helper coach teaching youths how to box. He has a small part time job as a barista at the local cafe by day, bar by night in the daytime, lthough he’s had practice being a nighttime bartender when it was absolutely necessary for business or when they really needed the revenue.
    Well, this was a...strange character. Don't really have any justification to reject, though, so he's accepted.

Page 1 of 17 123 ... LastLast