Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: {R} The Second Silhouette

"We're living in a dream; an endless fantasy," ~Yohio ♥
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy and Parody/Fan-based RP; Be warned; I write *a lot*
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default {R} The Second Silhouette

RP is rated R for violence, blood, language, and so much poop it's unbelievable.

Inspired by and heavily based on Wolves, the Split! by Okami. Essentially a restart.

IC Thread

We're recruiting! Plenty of open spots, just scroll down~ >w<

------

“A vast silence reigned over the land. The land itself was a desolation, lifeless, without movement, so lone and cold that the spirit of it was not even that of sadness. There was a hint in it of laughter, but of laughter more terrible than any sadness-a laughter that was mirthless as the smile of the Sphinx, a laughter cold as the frost and partaking of the grimness of infallibility. It was the masterful and incommunicable wisdom of eternity laughing at the futility of life and the effort of life. It was the Wild, the savage, frozen-hearted Northland Wild.”
    ― Jack London; "White Fang"

Wiped out long ago by their own foolish warring ways, humans no longer walk the Earth. The day man reigned is long gone, and nature has reclaimed what humanity has stolen. What's left of this scarred, overgrown land has been taken over by animals of all sorts, animals whose intelligence has grown since what humans called the apocalypse and animals the dawn of a new day.

Welcome to the New World, where history is about to repeat itself.

SETTING & PLOT

WHO
    Two wolf packs: Starset and Moonrise; the largest packs this side of the Forest has ever seen.

WHAT
    Rivaling wolf packs who wish to see the opposing pack exiled or dead.

WHERE
    A massive forest that seems to sprawl on forever. It is known as and referred to as nothing more than The Forest by it's inhabitants, and the wolves who only know the Forest as their home borderline refuse to leave to see what state the rest of the world is in out of fear and stubbornness. Only the migrators know what lies beyond the trees, of which is simply referred to as The Wild. Names of things are rather simple here.

WHEN
    Post-Apocalypse when humanity is no longer around and all that's left of mankind are the ruins they left behind, most of which are completely destroyed and overrun by nature at this point. It's been a long, long time since any human walked the earth, and the state of disarray all of the man-made things around the world make that fact very clear.

WHY
    Both packs have claimed the forest, but it is only suitable for one. Neither is accepting or happy with one another's presence, but neither will leave. The two packs have tried to compromise before, but their ways are far too different, to a point where it's damn near impossible to get through to them.

HOW
    That is up to you, dear player, but as of right now the wolf packs are pretty much on the brink of war.

GAMEPLAY
    This RP is going to heavily rely on it's players to contribute by means of world-building and plot movement. As a player, you will be expected to play an equal part to all your fellow players (including GMs) in building the plot and world, as well as keeping them consistent and moving. This RP will be fairly quick-paced as far as time goes, but will still go through the cycles of the year at a slow enough pace to enjoy ourselves~

RELEVANT IC INFO

It's currently Mid-Summer.
    The weather is bright and sunny.

ABOUT THE PACKS

Spoiler: Starset 

Spoiler: Moonrise 

Spoiler: Pack Rules 

PACK RANKS
    {essentially just a list of accepted characters & openings}

STARSET
    Alpha Male: August {CartelSaide}
    Alpha Female: Dawn {WolvesofWriting}
    Beta Male: OPEN
    Beta Female: Dusk {Toon Yoshi}
    Hunter: Eagle {Kourtney}
    Hunter: Helaku {orcpunx}
    Additional Hunters: OPEN x2
    Warrior: Eris {OliveBranched}
    Additional Warriors: OPEN x2
    Medicine Wolf/Shaman: OPEN x3
    Elder Wolves: OPEN
    Pups: ALWAYS OPEN
    Omega Male: OPEN
    Omega Female: Luna {Toon Yoshi}

MOONRISE
    Alpha Male: {Reserved for WolvesofWriting}
    Alpha Female: Medusa {CartelSaide}
    Beta Male: Night {Toon Yoshi}
    Beta Female: OPEN
    Hunters: OPEN x3
    Warriors: OPEN x3
    Medicine Wolf/Shaman: Kivela {OliveBranched}
    Additional Healers/Shamans: OPEN x2
    Elder Wolves: OPEN
    Pup: Arion {OliveBranched}
    Additional Pups: ALWAYS OPEN
    Omega Male: Jay {Toon Yoshi}
    Omega Female: OPEN

OUTSIDERS
    {accepted characters & openings cont.}

LONE WOLVES
    Lynwood {CartelSaide}
    Esmae {Kourtney}
    Azazel {Craze}
    Reserved for WolvesofWriting
    There are no more Lone Wolf Openings

NON-WOLVES
    Gulo Ursidae {orcpunx}
    Cra {WolvesofWriting}
    Raum {CartelSaide}

CHARACTER SHEETS

Friendly tip! Before posting your CS click "go advanced" and scroll down just below your post to the options. Check the box next to "Disable smilies in text" so that the O: in bio doesn't appear as a

WOLVES, WOLFDOGS, & DOGS
    NAME:
    AGE: (Wolves live an average of 6-8 years and are considered fully grown at 1-3)
    PACK: (Pick Starset or Moonrise)
    SPECIES: (Purebred wolf, wolfdog, or domestic stray/wild dog)
    SUB-SPECIES: (Grey, Arctic, Red, etc.)
    APPEARANCE:
    PERSONALITY: (optional)
    BIO: (optional unless you're a stray)

If your wolf is a lone/neutral wolf, just leave the Pack and Rank sections blank or put n/a

NON-WOLVES
    NAME:
    ALLEGIANCE: (Pick Starset or Moonrise)
    SPECIES: (bear, hawk, etc)
    SUB-SPECIES: (black bear, red-tailed hawk, etc.)
    APPEARANCE:
    PERSONALITY: (optional)
    BIO:

If you are not a wolf, you cannot be neutral

RULES
    ♥ All of RPA's rules apply, obviously.

♥ This RP is GM'ed by both CartelSaide and WolvesofWriting

♥ No more than 6 characters per player.

♥ All animals must be at least vaguely realistic looking. So no unnatural fur colors and patterns or anything like that - Sparkledogs are a no no

♥ Nobody can be killed without permission unless it's by the GMs. Even so, we will not enforce this unless you're a troublemaker, or your animal is starting to get particularly old.

♥ In order to have a non-wolf character, you must have at least one wolf character. Only one non-wolf character per player.

♥ There are only two wolf packs: Starset and Moonrise. Do not create additional packs without GM permission.

♥ Preferably more, but at least one paragraph (approx. 6-8 sent. min.) a post - this isn't a chat based RP, sorry.

♥ You must have a basic grasp on punctuation, grammar, spelling - enough to keep up with both of the GM's skill level at least~

♥ Absolutely no sex or heavily romantic sub-plots. You can have a mate and be a little bit cutsy and romantic with them as long as it's not distracting from the story, it's even ok to have your couples plan for a breeding in the spring in which happens in a very innocent fade to black, but nothing more. No sexy talk, no foreplay, nothin', even if it is ok by RPA standards.

♥ Important OOC updates and information about the RP that should be read by all players will be posted in Turquoise. Please inform us if this color is too bright and offer an alternative.

♥ No colored text outside of these updates.

FAQ

Why can't my non-wolf character be neutral?
    In order to keep everyone involved in the RP and prevent stragglers from just doing their own thing, you must be relevant to the plot line. Since a non-wolf isn't going to typically be roped into wolf-related affairs unless they side with one pack or the other, you cannot be neutral if you aren't a wolf.

How much do the animals know about the humans of the past?
    About as much as we do of dinosaurs before we use technology to analyze their bones. So the wolves know of humans, know that they essentially ruled the earth, that they walked on two feet and what their remains look like, but beyond what they can find out by rummaging through ruins, they know very, very little. There may be so human tales that have been passed down orally through the generations, but time may have done a real number on the facts as well.

I understand why we aren't allowed to get detailed with the breeding, but why do we have to tone down the romance so much?
    Because the original RP was PG-13 and literally the only reason I bumped it up was to allow for slightly more in-depth descriptions of the violence, like for hunting or fighting with one another, also I wanted to be more free with my language; I still wanna lean towards the lesser end of this rating in all other situations, however.

Can my lone wolf be from a different pack than Starset and Moonrise?
    Sure! But they can really only be a part of the bio and your character's past. Unless for whatever reason the wolves leave the forest seeking other packs, I don't want to introduce new packs to the forest itself.

What exactly do the Shamans do? Are they magical wolves?
    No. They're just wolves who know how to heal other wolves. Wolves smart enough to concoct medicines (have knowledge of healing herbs etc.), use tools (like leaves as bandages), and generally about what to do in order to heal their fellow pack members when they're injured.

Ok, so how smart are these animals anyway?
    They're right about at tribal stage. They can communicate and tell stories, they have basic knowledge of the world around them, they're starting to learn how to create and use the most basic of tools, and are slowly but surely starting to form a solid government-like structure (even if right now it'd be considered an Alpha-based monarchy with strict social tiers - no such thing as capitalism though, cuz capitalism blows man) and possibility even religion/spirituality if you roll that way, but it's all pretty barbaric and basic. Oh, and they don't have a written language either, and their spoken one is pretty much the same series of howls and barks you'd expect from wolves nowadays, it's just probably more complicated I guess idk. We're writing it like they talk in English either way so that information isn't all that important XD This doesn't effect their appearances btw; they still walk on four legs, don't have thumbs, are relatively the same size, etc. they're just barely starting to learn and grow and develop a deep, innermost sense of self on a level beyond that's rather human. So in short, they're literally just anthropomorphic wolves.

HELPFUL WOLF-RELATED INFO

Spoiler: Wolf Body Language & Facial Expression 

Spoiler: Pack Ranking Chart 

Spoiler: Size Comparison 
    Last edited by CartelSaide; 05-27-2015 at 01:29 AM.

Spoiler: Need some RP advice? Click show~ 

Ketchup Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Cartel. You always lay out the most comprehensive intros for new RPs. Awesome job!

You know the drill:

Take a look at the Roleplay of the Week thread! If you need a banner for a submission for RP of the Week, then check out the Banner Shop!

You can also look at the Roleplaying Games Directory to advertise your RP. Staff would be happy to help you advertise your Roleplay both here and in the RPA Tribune.

Any questions, feel free to PM!

Ketchup Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Cartel. You always lay out the most comprehensive intros for new RPs. Awesome job!

You know the drill:

Take a look at the Roleplay of the Week thread! If you need a banner for a submission for RP of the Week, then check out the Banner Shop!

You can also look at the Roleplaying Games Directory to advertise your RP. Staff would be happy to help you advertise your Roleplay both here and in the RPA Tribune.

Any questions, feel free to PM!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thank you Kiki ♥
    Last edited by CartelSaide; 04-18-2015 at 04:47 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thank you again Kiki ♥

The best part is this double post wasn't even on purpose - I'll edit in my CS for Lynwood momentarily~

Fiddled with Lynwood's old CS so that he could transfer here easily c: Will be making a second character to be the Starset Alpha as soon as I'm able!

Spoiler: Lynwood 
    Last edited by CartelSaide; 05-06-2015 at 06:39 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Still working on this bad boy, sorry~

EDIT: Done

Spoiler: August; Starset Alpha 
    Last edited by CartelSaide; 05-06-2015 at 10:48 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

This is funny.
    I nearly said reserve me a spot..I'm putting this post here so I can edit it and put my characters in it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Lolz well sure co-GM, I'll reserve you a spot~ hehe >w< But a little more seriously, if there's a particular rank you're interested in making additional characters for, lemme know so I can mark the spot as reserved before someone else takes it c: Should we submit this for RP of the week and/or Tribune? I'm submitting it to the directory and staff sig ads right now, but idk if that's enough lolz

I'm not a romantic guy, anything else is fine.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What's up Cartel? This RP feels like Warrior Cats with the setting of Wolves of the Beyond. (I don't know if you have readeeither, but they are easily the 2 best book series I've ever read.) And wolves are plain awesome! Where do I sign?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Hmm. Yes. You should submit it to the role play of the week and the other stuff. I would do it but I don't know how...Erm..

August...he is going to be great. Oh and Cartel, please don't take the name Dawn xD
    Reserve me a lone wolf, please.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast