Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kingdom Hearts: Heroes of the light

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Don't worry, my dark and mysterious friend. I have placed a contingency plan. Lets just say it involves prepping a few Kombatants (guess the rp hint there and insert movie theme music)

Krystalline Moon
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Okay! Well lets see what happens. Let me know.

Star of the Dawn
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

I may or may not be able to join, but you have my interest nonetheless.

Are non-Disney/non-Square Enix "canon" characters allowed (seeing how the games only use characters from said companies), such as characters owned by Universal Studios or by any other such company? And if so, are there any other particular restrictions or limitations for such characters that I should know about? I assume the answer is "yes" for the former because you hinted at Mortal Kombat earlier, but I wanted to make sure. (I'm fine either way, so no worries.)
    Thanks for the set, Kicks!

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I will allow it. My RPs have started to become democracys now.

Star of the Dawn
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Awesome! I have a character concept in mind, but I may need to run it by you first, because said concept may need to be developed in a separate mini-arc of the RP (or in a "prequel" copost, if you're willing) for the idea to work properly, and I don't want it to end up taking too much screen time away from the main plot.
    (HINT: The character I had in mind would not be able to earn his Keyblade at first due to some critical emotional barriers on his part, but would be able to overcome said barriers over the course of the storyline of the movie that he was originally in.)
    Last edited by Lady Celeste; 05-30-2015 at 01:44 PM.

Fantasy, General, Horror, Zombie, Parody, and Romance
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I'd like to join! I love Kingdom Hearts! I can have a sheet up today I'm pretty sure

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

As you wish. Great to have you on board, Crimson. Who do you think could do a good job of also playing Sephiroth in this RP?

Star of the Dawn
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Draco just cleared my idea, so here we go!

Name: Ardeth Bay

Character Description: Ardeth stands at about 6'1" and is fairly well-built for his height. He has shoulder-length black hair, brown eyes, and tanned skin, and wears the signature tattoos of the Medjai on his face. As far as clothing goes, he typically wears the traditional black robes of his people, usually alternating between the all-black robes, turban, and bandoliers more commonly worn into battle, and a set of black-and-silver ceremonial robes representing his status as a Medjai chieftain.

Spoiler: Face Detail 

Spoiler: Full Appearance 

Home World: The Archaic Lands
    (Based on Stephen Sommers' "The Mummy" series)

Modern society in the Archaic Lands is still in a relatively early stage; technological advances like cars, airplanes, and guns are not uncommon, but don't expect to find a computer or MP3 player in this world anytime soon. On the other hand, this world is abundant with untapped magical energies from the distant past, if one knows where to look for them. More often than not, however, misuse of these ancient magical forces can trigger hidden dangers that may endanger the entire world as one knows it, so extreme caution is advised when dealing with these forces.

Keyblade Description: Named for the iconic golden symbol on the tip of its blade, the Eye of Horus keyblade bears a noticeable resemblance to an Egyptian straight sword, with the hilt's guard in the shape of a wing motif. Attached to the base of the hilt is a keychain with a winged scarab token.

Spoiler: Eye of Horus Keyblade 

Backstory: Like all Medjai warriors, Ardeth Bay was trained from an early age and sworn at manhood to do any and all in his power to prevent the treacherous High Priest Imhotep from ever being resurrected; over 3,000 years ago, the High Priest's crimes were so horrible that he was punished with the dreaded Hom-Dai curse, which would make him a virtually unstoppable plague upon mankind if he were ever to arise.

To this end, Ardeth and his fellow Medjai kept a constant watch over the ancient ruins of Hamunaptra, where Imhotep was buried, and spent their days driving off or killing anyone who found the city or knew of its location. This mission, however, often forced the Medjai to kill innocent people to prevent the far greater threat of Imhotep being resurrected. Strained by this constant need to succumb to darkness for the perceived greater good, Ardeth's heart was not strong enough for the Eye of Horus keyblade to accept him as its wielder when he first discovered it in the ruins.

Ultimately, despite the Medjai's best efforts, two teams of treasure hunters found their way to Hamunaptra and accidentally revived Imhotep, after which his curse quickly began to wreak havoc upon the world. As the situation grew more desperate, Ardeth soon found himself having to work with the very people he'd previously fought against to stop Imhotep and his curse, during which time Ardeth felt more and more conflicted with himself, wondering if the deaths of so many innocents in the past was really necessary.

Eventually, after being separated from the group while trying to hold off an attacking horde of mummies and strange black creatures, Ardeth fully realized that the very people he might have been forced to kill earlier were now the world's best and only hope to defeat Imhotep, and resolved from that point on to never again shed innocent blood to prevent Imhotep's resurrection. In that exact moment, the Eye of Horus keyblade appeared in his hand; having overcome the last remaining barriers in his heart, Ardeth was now ready to wield the keyblade, and used it to strike down the mummies and the attacking black creatures with a surprising ease.

Meanwhile, sure enough, the treasure hunters had succeeded in defeating Imhotep, confirming in Ardeth's mind that he had made the right choice. After thanking the treasure hunters and bidding them farewell, Ardeth returned to his people with the keyblade, but not before hearing a voice briefly warning him that "the darkness" still had to be stopped. Unsure what this could mean, especially after Imhotep had already been defeated, Ardeth can only keep watch and prepare himself until this "darkness" makes itself known.
    Last edited by Lady Celeste; 05-31-2015 at 04:27 AM.

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Accepted.

Star of the Dawn
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Excellent!

I just finished my profile now, with the points I discussed summarized in the profile as promised.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast