Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [M] The Swan and the Rat

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Heaven & Hell, Mythology, Supernatural
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He listened for a moment, taking time to register what it was he was listening to. "Hm... Whitechapel, it seems. 'I, Dimentia.' One of my favorites." He laughed to himself. "It's not exactly what you'd call relaxing, though." He puffed on his cigarette, nearing the end. He blew the smoke away from Ragnar. "Sorry, I'll blow it away from him, then." He thought back to seeing her mold her metal earlier. "So, what were you doing out here? I didn't expect any others to be out here with me."

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Kona nodded as he told her what he was listening to, but had never heard of either artist nor song before. She smiled gratefully as he began to blow the smoke away from them. "Thank you." She said softly, then looked back up at the sky. She heard his question, and was grateful for a topic of conversation to come up between them.
    "I was practicing my ability. I can manipulate metal." She said pulling a small piece from her pocket. She began to shape it, watching it as she spoke. "I was working on part of my talent that I'm not very good at. I can change the shape of a metal, and I recently found that I can change its temperature as well. It's easier to work on making it hotter, since lowering the temperature won't so much here. What about you? Did you just come out here to relax?" She asked as she worked

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Manipulating metal, huh? He thought back to when he and Ragnar had been talking. The wolf said that she used fire with her ability. He wondered what he meant by that. If she manipulated metal, even with changing the temperature, it didn't sound like she was using fire. "Interesting ability. Ragnar here said you used fire with your fire manipulation. How do you do that?" He took one last long drag, bringing it down to the butt. He sat, letting the smoke and nicotine sit in his lungs, before slowly letting it out, again away from the two next to him.

"As for why I'm out here..." He focused on the remaining ember, causing it to burn the cigarette butt to ash, wiping it off onto the ground. "I came out here to smoke. It's rude and almost certainly against the rules to smoke in the dorms, so this is one of the few places I can go to do it." He looked up at the sky one again. "And the night sky is so beautiful."

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Kona sighed, face palming. "I guess I didn't explain it very well to him." She said softly then looked at Cabel. "I worked in a forge. I would use my abilities over metal to help me. I tried explaining to Ragnar what I did, and it seems that all he understood was that I used fire and metal." She explained, shaking her head. Then she addressed the next part of what he had said.
    "It is." She agreed softly. "The sky's pretty clear here. Not a lot of cities can see this many stars because of their lights blocking out the sky. I didnt expect this many to be visible from here." She said, looking up at the stars and smiling almost mournfully.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cabel chuckled. "Ah, I see. That makes sense." He looked over at her. "I haven't seen too many blacksmiths, though. It must be interesting." Looking back up at the sky, he looked around, searching among the stars.After a bit of looking, he found what he was looking for. "Look," He said, pointing. "It's the scales of Libra. One of my favorite constellations." Many times when he was younger, he would sit outside, looking up at the stars. He managed to learn the constellations and where to find them in the sky. It was like a hobby of sorts.

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Kona looked up, smiling as she found the constellation he was pointing at. "One of my favorites is Orion." She said softly. "And, you are right. It was very interesting working there. Learned a lot about my ability there too. May I ask why Libra is your favorite?" She asked, turning to look at him. She shifted slightly, moving her arm to pet Ragnar in a different spot. Her shirt shifted along her arm slightly, revealing the edge of a tattoo. She seemed oblivious to this, and looked back at the starry sky, a smile on her face as she looked for constellations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Well," He started, "Libra is represented by scales. Scales represent complete fairness and neutrality. For scales, there is no good or evil. There is no right or wrong. There is simply one side, the other side, and which one weighs more." He looked over. "Scales don't tip in favor of one side over the other they tip because one side weighs more. That's it." He looked back up into the sky and sighed. "There's just complete fairness. And I think there's something virtuous in that." He looked back over at her. "What's your favorite?" He noticed the edge of a tattoo on her arm, peeking out from underneath her shirt. "And what's that tattoo you've got on your arm, if you don't mind me asking?"

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Kona listened, somewhat surprised by his explanation. She smiled, looking up at Libra once more. Her eyes shifted slightly, searching the vast range of stars until she found what she was looking for. "I have a few that I like, Libra and Orion being two of them. The third is pegasus." She said, pointing to the pattern in the stars. "To be honest, I'm not sure which is my favorite, those three all come pretty close to be honest." Then, she heard his question about her tattoo and flushed slightly. "Oh, you saw it?" she asked, hand going to cover it slightly. She shook her head slightly. "It's a set of scales." She said a little self consciously, then lifted her sleeve to reveal the unique design.

The support was in the shape of a hammer, intricate swirls making a pattern along it. The scales were balanced, perfectly even. There was a split down the middle, dividing the scales into different colours. One half was black with white details, the other was white with black details. Finally, there was an intricate circle around the entire shape, interlocking lines running on the inside of it. She bit her lip, then looked at Cabel a bit self consciously.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12