Page 1 of 21 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Black Horde OOC [M]

September Member of the Month
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default The Black Horde OOC [M]

Rated M for possible mature content including violence, language, drug use, and graphic situations.

The Black Horde

RP is open to all!

IC

For centuries, an ancient evil had laid dormant beneath a calm mountain. It is as old as the world itself. It is old enough to see rivers turned to dust; civilizations fall to nothingness, and mountains to have formed from rocks. Its name has turned to myth and legend. A frightening tale to tell children. It lashes and cries at its imprisonment at the hands of powerful magicians whose bones now inhabit the earth. With each violent roar and burst of vicious magic, the sorceries that bind it is slowly whittled away. Bit by bit, it tears each incantation apart. Eventually, after years of pain and anger, the spells have all been broken. This evil is finally free from its cruel prison. Vengeance and fury blinds it as it calls upon its powers to take revenge upon those who wronged it so long ago. The Lich Lord has now risen and beckons its army to fight once again?

The Lich Lord’s dead legion rose once again to answer the call of their master, as they have done in life, they will do the same in death. Thousands upon thousands escape from their state of death and into a state of in-between. Of neither life nor death. They erupted from their tombs and crypts like rats from a sinking ship, anxious for the feeling of life. More of the dead, even those not originally aligned with the Lich Lord, followed him. Old soldiers from long ago wars, a buried farmer and his wife, an entombed wealthy merchant, no matter the background, they answered the Lich Lord’s call to arms. His numbers swelled into the hundreds of thousands as he led his crusade against the living.

The Black Horde swarmed the nearby countryside with the strength of raging hurricane. Fire and flames followed their trail of anarchy. They butchered all with their wicked blade and foul claws, regardless of affiliation. Man, women, good, evil, elf, human, it didn’t matter to the Black Horde. The only thing that was signified was life. If there was life, it should be perished. No town, village, or fortress was safe from their cruel wrath. They cut a path of ruin and destruction as they made their conquest to eradicate life. For each living soul that fell to the undead’s invasion, another was added to their fell ranks. Their numbers bloated well into the millions as their forces marched forward.

At first, it was viewed as a minor problem to deal with by various nations as they simply ignored the issue to continue squabbling. It is no longer viewed as so. Imaginary borders matter little as the Black Horde launched their vengeance upon the living. There is no longer the The Arcane Brotherhood versus Empire of Goldhorn Dwarves. It is now the living versus the dead. Many tried to hold out in their boasted impenetrable citadels. They believed they would withstand the incoming siege of the Black Horde. None of them survived as the undead simply assaulted the fortresses with their seemingly never ending numbers. Refugees now clog the roads as they desperately escape the reaches of the Black Horde. Farmers, miners, barons, and great warriors all forsake their previous homes for a chance at survival.

No matter how much they run, the enemy looms overhead. There is one hope is the faraway corners of the world. A fortress-city built by the dwarves called Ironhold constructed deeply into a mountain. Made to withstand a siege by thousands it is the last defense against the armies of the dead whose numbers go far beyond. It must now accommodate numerous displaced refugees who have nowhere else to go. Homes and shelters are overflowing of refugees. The refugees are coming faster than the shelters are building. Many pitch tents within the crowded streets while others are forced to make shacks outside the city walls with no space to go. Ironhold was built to survive long spans of time without reinforcements, but the sheer amount of refugees simply made the supply disappear within a few months. Crates of stockpiled food slowly dwindles into the triple digits and into double digits. Bread is slowly becoming more valued than gold.

The wounded bring disease and death to the city. Sanitary conditions in the once fairly pristine city dissipated to nothingness with the overpopulation and hoarding of the barest supplies. Small splintered bands of the undead unleash devastating assaults on the nearby towns and farms causing further problems. Slowly, their attacks are getting bolder as the launch themselves at Ironhold’s walls.

You will play as a survivor escaping from the Black Horde’s reaches. You have traveled across the lands in your quest to find sanctuary in the distant Ironhold. You’ve evaded mobs of undead and passed ruin villages, utterly ravaged by the enemy. Will you make it to Ironhold and fight against the dark menace that threatens all life? Or will you fall to the Black Horde and serve as a mindless soldier of the Lich.

Races

Spoiler: Dwarves 

Spoiler: Ratfolk 

Spoiler: Tieflings 

Spoiler: Elves 

Spoiler: Orcs 

Spoiler: Humans 

Spoiler: Satyrs 

Extra Lore

Spoiler: Hellion Lore by LiveVoltage 

Rule 1: No Godmodding.
    Rule 2: I am GM, my word is law.
    Rule 3: Be kind to each other, and party on.
    Rule 4: If you are going to argue with each other, do it kindly and respectfully.
    Rule 5: If you have an interesting idea you want to run by me, just tell it to me in pm.
    Rule 6: 2 characters per player.
    Rule 7: Stay active. If you are going to stay inactive for a while, tell me. I’ll deal with your character, and when you come back, I’ll give them back to you. Uninformed absences for 2 weeks will get your character removed.
    Rule 7: Try to have some semblance of proper grammar and spelling. I will understand the occasional mistake, but if you write like an idiot, I will kick you out. Ex:” bob pik u theee bux, lol, yolo.” If you have a huge problem with grammar and spelling, I suggest you try using a spell check program, or you could try using google docs.
    Rule 8: Your characters can die. I won't roll a dice for your death or anything. Your death will be influenced by your decisions and your decisions only. If you decide to do something extremely stupid, you might die.

Character Sheet
    Spoiler: Character Sheet 

Last edited by Low-Budget Man; 07-15-2015 at 04:39 PM.

Spoiler: Low-Budget Man 

RPA's Foul Mouthed Pixie
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Looking good!

Here are a few resources to help you draw in more players!

The RP of the week, as I am sure you are aware, is a resource for players to see what kind of RPs are spotlighted for the week! These RPs are featured on the homepage of RPA! Just send in a request to your friendly staff member, including a banner which you can get help with over at the banner shop.

RPG Directory is another great way to draw in more players! Head on over if you're looking to interest more players!

You can also have your game featured in the Tribune! This is RPA's awesome newsletter!

Last but not least, you can ask any of the staff to feature your game in their signature!

​Beautiful Nightmare

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Action, Drama, and hent- you get it.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper interested!

Thanks Haya-kun!

PREACH FORGIVE ME PLEASE I BEG OF YOU!
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

So the actual plot would be little more tha survival social dynamics and running way/traveling? I don't see what else the characters would do given the circumstances.
    Thank you MayhemsCurse <3

Spoiler: Memorable Quotes 

Month the of Member November
    Fantasy
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

Hi, a few questions.

How often can we post?

What is the minimum speed?

Would I be right in guessing that the orcs are hated and mistrusted by other races?
    Born to be a king & fighting to survive in a world with the darkest powers.

The Fresh Prince of Britain • RPAs personal wolf fetish • RPA's Wolf Mascot • Crazy the Wolfheart

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

@Jhuliet Glad to have your interest!

@Min For the first portion of the RP, it'll be about escaping and surviving the Black Horde. After that, there's going to be more to the plot. I'm just keeping it a secret :3

@Crazy Post as often as you want, as long as you aren't double posting.

What do you mean by minimum speed, I'm a bit confused by that question.

Yep, Orcs aren't the most liked by the other races.

Enchantress of Men
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Name: Kallista Incubore

Race: Tiefling

Personality: Like all Tieflings, Kallista is slow to trust. She's also proud of her heritage and tends to distrust those who can't see past her demonic features. However, if someone can get past her demonic past and trusted her for who she was, she can form a solid bond of trust between someone else. Those that she feels close to, she is loyal to above all else.

Spoiler: Appearance 

Weapon of Choice:
    *Dual Knives

Powers and Abilities:
    *Dual Wield - Is effective wielding two long bladed daggers.
    *Fire generation - Can generate small amounts of fire in her hands that can be used in various ways.

Background:
    Somewhere in her biological mother's past, one of her ancestors had slept with a Fire Demon. When Kallista was born, her mother was afraid of the monster that she'd given birth to and left the child out in the woods to die. Whereas most young Tiefling children in this situation died, Kallista was luck enough to be discovered by a wandering Tiefling who took the baby in. As a wandering mercenary he knew of a lot of secrets in the land, including one of the hidden Tiefling villages.

It was here that she was raised by the village. The Tiefling woman who she called mother was a baker in the village, who taught her how to use the minor fire spells that she used to light the fires of the ovens. As she grew older, the man that she called her father taught her how to fight. At the age of 18, Kallista started to go with her Father on his jobs, gaining experience herself. They made a great team.

Then the Lich King broke free and his undead armies ravaged the country. Kallista and her Father had been on a mission when the army destroyed their home. They'd come back to find the village burned to the ground, but no bodies. It wasn't until a few weeks later that they found the survivors on the road who told them what had happened and the tale of Ironhold, the last safe place in the world. Kallista and her father joined up with the survivors, helping to protect them as best as they could.

Others:
    NPCs
    Mother - Reita Balorfist, Tiefling, Baker, deceased
    Father - Ekemon Incubore, Tiefling, Mercenary

((Let me know what you think/if things need to be fixed.
    Last edited by Megilwen; 06-14-2015 at 07:53 PM.

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Low-Budget Man View Post
    What do you mean by minimum speed, I'm a bit confused by that question.
    I just meant how often you expect people to post (barring vacation and stuff like that).

The Fresh Prince of Britain • RPAs personal wolf fetish • RPA's Wolf Mascot • Crazy the Wolfheart

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't expect you to post everyday. Just a one or two times a week would be cool. If you're gonna be gone a while, just say so and I'll handle your character for a bit.

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

Ok thanks. I'm not quite certain yet if I'll join due to other factors, but thanks for the replies.

Page 1 of 21 123 ... LastLast