Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Cottage book store

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default The Cottage book store

In the English village of Diss everything is not as it seems. A small historical city in Norfolk, on the surface is a quaint, quiet town. However underneath it's slow quiet streets is a dark shadowy culture of the occult. Witches and werewolves, spirits and goblins run wild in every dark corner. Not everyone is who the appear to be, frail old ladies maybe goblins, beautiful young girls may be evil spirits luring the unwary to their deaths.

Introducing, Tobias Peak, an old man who owns an old book store on market street, call The Cottage book store. Located in a tutor era small shop with a flat up top, the cottage book store has all the is required for the casual shopper. Tobias Peak isn't your usual shop keeper, nor is all his customers looking for literatures best classics.
    Tobias is often described is a rather eccentric man but kind. However he tends to speak with a knowing tone, that leaves a person feeling rather jumpy. To the arrange citizen he's just an odd old man who tends to keep to his own business. However to others he is an expert in the occult, having dedicated his life to it.

Join Tobias as he battles the dark forces taking place in your village. From dark covens, to werewolves and water spirits.

Who are you?
    You are resident in the village, rather you are a local or new in town is up to you. I'd like a verity of ages. Starting at about 16 to about mid forties. I'd like to start most of the group having already been involved with Tobias and his little gang against darkness. Please include how you meet Tobias in your bio. Also try to build relationships with the people who have already post their characters before you, before we've started the rp, it will help get things moving if that's already sorted out. If you'd like to be new please message me and we can work something out. I'd rather skip over the long introduction period in the rp. It'll make everything flow better in the long run.

Character sheet:
    Name:
    Bio:( how you meet Tobias plus any other relevant information from Characters past)
    Appearance: (no anime please. Picture or description is fine.)
    Last edited by AvisCrown; 06-18-2015 at 06:05 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Name: Tobias Peak

Personality: Tobias is a solitary individual. He mostly keeps to himself and has for most of his life. However he is not mean or cruel, and generally has a very nice persona, greeting those that come into his shop with a smile. That isn't to say he doesn't have a temper, though not easily flared, his temper can be quite vicious. Tobias had a dark aura about him that tends to give people shivers has they pass him. He gives the sense that he knows something he isn't telling and chances are he does.

Bio:Tobias has lived in Diss sense he was born. His family has a long history in the village. Tobias grew up the middle of three. He had an older brother and a younger sister. Tobias is not the first to be involved in the occult in his family. His mother was a witch and part of a coven in the village. A coven itself was not in means evil or intended harm on anyone but there were a few who began delving into the dark arts. His mother was caught up in the affair and perished. Her death ruled an accident. Tobias and his older brother both got involved with the occult after that by way of their grandparents. Eventually however the two went their different ways. Their relationship becoming strained. Tobias never married and took over the bookshop owned by his father after he passed. Tobias has owned the bookshop for near thirty five years.

Appearance:
    Tobias is a small slender man in his mid sixties, he's usually well dressed and dresses rather old fashioned. His hair is mostly gray, though there is still traces of his once brown hair. He's the kind of old man that looks as though he had always been old and mature and it's hard to imagine him as anything but that.
    Last edited by AvisCrown; 07-02-2015 at 01:44 AM.

Ketchup Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Avis

Looks great! Solid introduction. I think it's great how you put the "who are you?" section so players understand their context for this RP. Good looking CS too. Good luck recruiting!

In the meantime, might I offer some friendly suggestions to help you on your way?

Take a look at the Roleplay of the Week thread! If you need a banner for a submission for RP of the Week, then check out the Banner Shop!

You can also look at the Roleplaying Games Directory to advertise your RP. Staff would be happy to help you advertise your Roleplay both here and in the RPA Tribune.

Any questions, feel free to PM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This sounds interesting! I'll throw my interest in the hat for now and go work on a character.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Great can't wait

The bumbliest of bumbling bees
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    All sorts, I'm open like that.
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Ohoh! Save me a spot

The last mosquito that bit me had to check into the Betty Ford clinic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Awesome will do.

Parody, General, Fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Me too!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Great can't wait to see what you all got

The bumbliest of bumbling bees
    All sorts, I'm open like that.
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Name: Amadi, For I am singular

Personality: Amadi's a mysterious soul. Her whole being is shrouded in a constant shroud that draws you in, and locks you in its trance. From the way she behaves, it's hard to determine what her true characteristics are and what is simply an act. She appears to be a confident charismatic girl, bordering on teasing (but only slightly, I assure you). Her with and charm gets her along through life with relative ease.

Bio: Most of Amadi's past is (Like the girl herself) little more than a mystery. A few things can be gathered however from hints she has let slip. For example, her family originate from Africa, and moved to England when she was a child for reasons unknown. Secondly, she was schooled privately, in a academy no-ones really ever heard of, and whatever it is she learnt there, she learnt it very, very well.
    (I was a prefect and everything I'll have you know)

And if you really most know, I know dear old Tobias as he was in possession of some particular academic tomes and literature I simply couldn't be without. Since then we've become rather good chums. He's a true darling.

Appearance: Amadi's rather petite in a sweet way, with a slim figure to her, but I assure you, that's not to say she's without her ... 'assets' (Why thank you, nice to know someone notices them). A particular characteristic you'll notice straight off Is of course the eyes. A golden hue in colour, when most look upon them they don't stay for long. Her gaze more than often puts people off. They hold an oddity to them, that most people can't quite place.

As for her features they're fair and pretty in their own unusual way. They hold a innocent doe-like quality to them, yet at the same time contain something sinister and knowing. All in all she's quite confusing to look at.
    Why thank... you?
    As for clothing, her wardrobe is rather... mixed. It mostly consists of dresses varying from seemingly every known colour to man. Mainly she dresses depending on mood.
    Mainly.

Spoiler: Amadi 

The last mosquito that bit me had to check into the Betty Ford clinic

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast