Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 24252627 LastLast

Thread: [M] Royally Mistaken [Ashen & Midoripickle]

Member of the Month!
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Historical, Romance, Horror, Adventure
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Jessamine enjoyed their conversation on the last leg of their journey and it almost made her forget about all the trials they'd faced, like it were the same carefree conversations of earlier in their journey. But she felt that things were different now and she would never forget the things that had happened. Nor did she want to. She wanted to remember every moment she'd shared with the Prince, even the most frightening ones. She felt stronger for them and as her home loomed in the distance, she felt her heart sinking, not wanting their journey together to ever end.

As she dismounted, she looked to him with a heavy heart. She didn't want to say goodbye. Even though she knew it wasn't truly. She would see him again… one way or another. "I have… truly." She replied softly, looking down at her hand in his. With a smile she looked up into his eyes, though her own were glassy with the threat of tears. She wouldn't let them fall though, letting out a soft chuckle instead. "Once again, you've take the words from my very lips, Giuseppe…" She said softly. Closing her eyes, she relished his parting kiss. "I will hold you to that…" She told him then, catching a tear at the corner of her eye quickly. By now the house had been alerted of their arrival and her parents were rushing out to fawn over her. But her gaze still lingered on Giuseppe as he made his way home.

She could only imagine what were parents would do when she told them everything that had happened. So she decided it might be best to tell them as little detail as she possibly could. She would save that tonight, for when it was just her and Mary. And just as she thought her name, Mary appeared to take her inside and get her a bath and a change of clothes.

"If you could only see the beast you've made of me
    I held it in but now it seems you've set it running free
    Screaming in the dark, I howl when we're apart
    Drag my teeth across your chest to taste your beating heart

My fingers claw your skin, try to tear my way in
    You are the moon that breaks the night for which I have to howl"

The Ashen One
    medieval fantasy, adventure, psychological
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Once Jessamine was taken into her manor, Giuseppe began the ride back to his own home. He was greeted with trumpets heard throughout Ibeacia, the boy-prince's return from his first real adventure. King Frederick was back from his own political matters, and he personally greeted his son. Giuseppe didn't know what to make of this action, so unused to special treatment from his father. Soon he was ushered into the castle and babied like the boy he no longer was.

Over supper he told his family of his journey. He went into detail about the towns he visited, the people he saw, the adventures he had. Violet was interested in the stories of the flora, and was disappointed to hear that her gift had been destroyed. Giuseppe's mother and father both were concerned about the bandits, and Frederick immediately sent guards off, interrupting supper. Things returned to normal then, and Giuseppe could not stop smiling about Jessamine. He even spoke off about her to the apothecary after supper, who wrapped his broken arm to heal. That night, Giuseppe fell asleep in his soft bed to thoughts of Jessamine and their growth during their journey.

The next morning Giuseppe was ready to storm over to Jessamine's manor and ask what he wanted immediately. He knew such a thing was not yet possible, though. There was much planning to do, and of course he needed to secure a ring... So, when he woke up, he headed into town, made arrangements for a beautiful ring adorned with opals. In a week, he picked it up, and studied the ring. Would it be good enough? How would he do it? Was this really what he wanted? The last answer was obvious: of course.

Giuseppe walked to Jessamine's manor alone, nervous. He was dressed in his best, except that his hair was a messy mop on his head, and his arm was in a sling tied around his neck. The ring was tucked safely in his pocket. He hoped it looked absolutely perfect on Jessamine's finger. Duke Nothlonde knew of his plans, but he still worried about him answering. What would he say? Would the duke know why Giuseppe was here? The prince shook his head, trying to clear it. He knocked the knuckles of his good hand against the door of the manor, and held his breath until it was opened.
    Last edited by Ashen; 05-13-2017 at 06:57 AM.
    Thanks to Craze for the beautiful Bravely set!

~Recruitment Thread~
    Spoiler: Ashen's Personal Hall of Fame 

Member of the Month!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

It was a long, maddening week for Jessamine and she was starting to worry she might not see the prince ever again. After all the time they'd spent together, a week was far to long without even a word from him. She couldn't help but think that maybe he'd forgotten about her, despite everything he'd said when they parted that day. However, Mary told her on more than one occasion that she was being foolish. "He has a lot to catch up on after returning home. But once he's able, he'll come for you." Mary had told her.

With a deep sigh, for probably the tenth time that morning, she told herself that Mary was right. She was being impatient, and she knew it. On the other hand though, she also noticed that he parents were behaving oddly and every day her mother demanded that she wear her finest dresses and had her hair done up. Yet they never went out and no one ever came over. The whole thing seemed very odd… until that particular morning there was a knock at the door.

Her father was the first to greet the Prince at the door, and though he knew of the Prince's plans, he had no way of knowing when he intended to carry them out. Both her parents were highly enthusiastic to greet him and asked for him to wait in the foyer until Jessamine was ready. Suddenly Mary came knocking at her door, announcing that the Prince had finally come. Jessamine bolted upright, a bright smile spreading across her face while Mary helped her to gussy up. But Jessamine couldn't be patient enough and soon slipped out of the door. Mary rushed after her, calling from the top of the stairs. "Lady Jessamine! Wait-" It was nearly impossible, but Jessamine managed to pause, only to receive a hug from Mary. "Good luck~" The smaller girl said, though she didn't quite know what that was supposed to mean. But a few moments later, Jessamine could appear in the foyer, hardly able to contain herself when she laid eyes on the Prince.

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Duke Northlonde answered to his call. Giuseppe, like always, was respectful with Jessamine's father, and he waited for the man to fetch Jessamine. Could the older man tell what Giuseppe's intentions were now? Could he see the beads of sweat dripping from his brow as he thought of how Jessamine would receive this? He was trying to clear his mind, but how could he? Was this not the most nerve-wracking experience a man could face? As the duke set off, Giuseppe occupied himself with slowing his breathing, until she came to him.

Giuseppe was struck dumb for a few moments. Jessamine looked absolutely stunning, and for a moment he wondered if she had known today would be the day. Why else would she be adorned in her best? He loved seeing her, and he was overcome with the urge to hug her. Soon he couldn't resist that, and he pulled her tightly into his arms. "I have missed you," he whispered against her. "You are so beautiful, Jessamine."

When he pulled away, there was an excitement and nervousness in his eyes. The ring weighed heavy on his shoulders now, and he tried to come up with a perfect way to phrase his question. Not here, he had decided. Not like this. So, the prince cleared his throat. "Are you permitted to leave the manor presently?" he asked. "I have some errands to see to in town, and I was wondering if you would like to be my company for the trip."

~Recruitment Thread~

Member of the Month!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

"Your Highne-" She started to say until his embrace caught her off guard. Even the Duke and Duchess were taken by surprise, gasping softly. Jessamine would have been embarrassed to be seen holding the prince in front of the entire house, but she was so happy to be in his arms again, she couldn't care what anyone else thought anymore. In that moment all her fears had been put to rest. "I've missed you too…" She muttered, her hands resting on his firm back. Jessamine then blushed at the compliment and looked into his eyes, his excitement mirrored in her own.

The Duke seemed to snap out of his thoughts once he realized the Prince was asking for permission. "B-but of course, Your Highness… I bid you have a wonderful day out. Please, enjoy yourselves." He urged. He might not know if this was to be the day, but he wanted to make sure the Prince had every opportunity. Jessamine was rather confused herself. Giuseppe wanted her to accompany him while he ran errands? But then, she wasn't about to put down any time she had to spend with the Prince. "Well, since we have Father's permission, shall we be on our way?" She asked, eager to be alone with Prince Giuseppe.

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Giuseppe bowed his thanks at the duke, not even slightly embarrassed that he and the rest of the house had seen him take his lady into his arms. He offered his arm for Jessamine to take. "We shall be on our way," he replied, and he wondered if Jessamine could hear the slight quiver in his voice.

They began walking into town. Giuseppe knew just the place he would take her. He wondered if she would recognize it, if she would find it as special a place as he. He was grateful the weather was perfect, the sun was out and the clouds were moving gently. There was some kind of pastry merchant in town today, and the wonderful smell of baked goods wafted through the air. Giuseppe didn't stop. He kept walking, wondering what he could say to Jessamine. He was awfully quiet, too concentrated on the immediate future. How would she receive him? What if she said no? The prince shook his head. There was no reason to get so worked up like this.

Finally the prince stopped walking. They were standing in the middle of town. A few vendors were about them. Giuseppe looked to one, a young man selling different scrolls. Where he stood, ages ago, was the place of a different vendor, one specialized in accessories. He looked to Jessamine. "Do you remember this place?" he asked her. He didn't know which answer he was expecting. It had been ages ago, she'd only been in town for a short while, he'd been running an errand for his father on horseback... Surely she wouldn't remember something so minute. But the prince hoped she did. He hoped she'd remember the spot where they'd first met.
    Last edited by Ashen; 06-02-2017 at 05:35 AM.

~Recruitment Thread~

Member of the Month!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

They were going for a walk? She wondered, surprised that they were not taking horses. So he'd meant shopping around in town… How odd. It was a perfect day though and she couldn't complain since she would be happy with any activity if it meant spending time with Giuseppe. It felt like it had been so long since she'd last saw him, even if it was only a week. Catching the delicious smell in the air, she smiled. "Oh, that smells lovely…" She said aloud, though when she looked to Giuseppe, it seemed as if he hadn't even heard her. Why was he being so quiet… it wasn't like it at all.

Jessamine started to feel anxious, wondering why the prince seemed so distracted. Jessamine went quiet as well, becoming lost in her own thoughts. Had she done something wrong? But he seemed happy to see her just moments ago. It had to be something else then… But what. Jessamine was so distracted that she nearly bumped into him when he stopped. "… Giuseppe? What is it?" She asked, looking around curiously. There didn't seem to be any specific reason to stop here. At his question, Jessamine gave one more curious look around. It took a moment before her eyes widened. "This is…" She muttered before giving a soft gasp. "This is the place where we met… When you tried to rescue me." She said, recalling the memory with a soft chuckle. "I must have looked like a wild woman…"

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

So, she did remember. That brought a smile to Giuseppe's lips. "You looked like the most beautiful woman I had ever seen," he assured her. He could remember it now. Jessamine had looked nothing like a noble, nothing like the daughter of the duke. She had been simply a damsel in distress then, one whom Giuseppe fooled himself into thinking he could save. As it turned out, he hadn't been the one doing the saving.

"I met a woman here, many days ago," Giuseppe started. He sounded nervous. "That woman was chasing a thief, one who should have known better. She looked like any woman, just someone who needed saving. And so I, your most noble prince, stepped in. I was a child then, as Mother and Violet loved to remind me. I was a child with dreams of becoming a hero, and so I stepped in and helped you wrangle that thief. But she needed little help from me, and I came to love that about her. She was a woman, but she was a strong one. She introduced herself as Mary."

The prince smirked at the memory, the reason they had met. Just a commoner, a servant; that's what he had believed her to be. "And that Mary was the finest servant I had ever seen," he continued. "The more I found out about her, the more I came to enjoy her. That is, until I realized she wasn't Mary at all, but Lady Jessamine of House Northlonde. A noble--the type of person I hated most--and yet I could not deny that I liked--loved--her. How strangely things work out.

"So I continued to get to know her, and I realized how unlike other nobles she was. I really grew to love her, but how could I be sure? After some talk with my family, I decided on a test. I would take her with me on political business, in a far-off land. We would have to travel through rough terrain, foreign roads, encounter different people... Surely, if someone were strong enough to handle all that, they might be fit to help run a kingdom. And so we set off, and we accomplished our goal. What is more, we made so many memories along the way. And she made things so much more bearable. She made things fun. And she even saved my life--imagine, a woman saving the crown prince. But she did, and I bet she'd do it again. I'd want nothing less of the future queen of Ibeacia."

There, he'd said it. He looked to her then to catch her reaction, then quickly went on. "Jessamine, I have loved every moment in your company. I have never met a woman like you, and I am sure I never will. You are so bold, so beautiful, and I love you. I love you, Jessamine. I want to spend the rest of my days watching your back, as I know you will watch mine. I want to spend my forever with you, ruling over the magnificent kingdom in which we met."

Giuseppe pulled out the ring, the golden band with opal studs. They were identical to those on that necklace that had started it all. He got down on one knee, attracting the attention of most of the plaza by now. "Jessamine Northlonde," he said, hoping she didn't notice the way his voice broke on the last syllable. "Will you be my wife?"

~Recruitment Thread~

Member of the Month!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Jessamine looked to him and blushed softly. It seemed so long ago, or perhaps it was just that they had been through so much since then. She smiled sheepishly, as he recalled meeting 'Mary' in detail and she covered her mouth, wanting to laugh. It was funny looking back at it now, despite the worry she felt at the time, when she wondered how she would tell the prince. And then the heartbreak she felt when he'd discovered the truth in the worst way. But look how far they'd come, she thought in wonder.

However, as the prince continued, the smile on her lips slowly faded, replaced with a look of awe and curiosity. Why was he saying all this? She wasn't sure, but something about the nervousness in his voice and the beauty of his words made butterflies flutter wildly in her stomach. She began to feel somewhat nervous herself and soon her heart was beating quickly in her chest when he spoke that four letter word. Jessamine smiled then, giving a little laugh to hide the tears that were prickling at the corner of her eyes. "Of course I would…" She whispered quickly, before going quiet again to let him continue.

She was left speechless again, listening carefully to every word, and soon those tears over flowed and ran down her fair cheeks. She covered her mouth, trying to hide her face with her hands as she cried. And then he pulled out the ring and she gasped, her heart skipping a beat. She stood frozen, watching him in complete awe. By now the entire crowd was watching, but in this moment, she could only see Giuseppe who was kneeling before her. It took her a moment to realize that he was waiting for an answer, as if it weren't already obvious, but finally she nodded. "Yes! Oh Giuseppe!" Jessamine gasped before dropping down to her knees to wrap her arms around his shoulders boldly. "Nothing could make me happier…" She said in his ear, holding him tightly as her suddenly weight would nearly knock him over. All around them the crowd applauded and cheered, happy to witness such an important moment.

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

She'd said yes! All of the prince's anxieties dissipated at Jessamine's answer. He could finally breathe easy. Everything had gone smoothly, he hadn't stuttered or dropped the ring--yet. And he had his Jessamine. Nothing could remove the smile from his face then. Giuseppe tightly held onto Jessamine. He stood and lifted her, swinging her around, forgetting about his broken arm. The pain was nothing compared to the joy he now felt. The people all around them, with smiles and laughter and clapping, and the beautiful day and the wonderful smells and the familiarity of town, plus the wonderful Jessamine--his fiancee! Giuseppe could hardly believe how perfect the moment was.

After they had pulled away, it took Giuseppe a moment to realize he still had not placed the ring on her finger. He awkwardly motioned towards the band, a blush rising to his face. He slid the ring onto Jessamine's finger, and to his relief it fit just right. It was a dazzling piece of jewelry, one he hoped would match perfectly with her necklace that had allowed them to meet. "You look beautiful," Giuseppe told her, motioning towards her ring. He looked into her eyes. His own were a shimmering green, with a happiness he hadn't known. "Thank you," he breathed. "I love you so much."

It was then that someone in the crowd called out, "Is that Prince Giuseppe?" Giuseppe looked in time to see a girl swooning over him. The crowd started to pipe up, all excitable after having witnessed not just a proposal, but the proposal of their prince. "And she said yes!" another woman yelled out. They started moving towards him, which meant it was time to move away. Giuseppe took Jessamine by the hand and let her away swiftly. They soon lost the crowd, and wound up a little ways away, on a hill where they had once picnicked. "I am sorry about that," Giuseppe mumbled, brushing off his trousers and wincing when he hit his hand. "Now where were we? Ah, yes." Giuseppe reached out for Jessamine's chin, then gently lowered his lips onto hers.

~Recruitment Thread~

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 24252627 LastLast