Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 181920

Thread: The Ballad of Tailte - {IC)

Enchantress of Men
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Kyrie smiled at her mother as they walked through the decorated gardens. "Oh you know them. Albin is as surly as ever and a slave driver to his riders. So normal really. Calder..." Kyrie paused for a moment, " something has lit a fire under Calder's ass. He's become nearly responsible. It's strange seeing him behave as such. Though he won't tell me the reason for this change. He just ruffles my hair with a smile and tells me it's nothing I should worry about." The princess's smile dropped a moment, hating how distant she felt from her twin now.

"How was Aran? I didn't think she could get wilder, though it seems like she has."

Brennan raised an eyebrow at Aran's drunken response to her brother and his assistance in helping her stand as Albin continued to grill his sister's other companion. He'd never seen the woman before, so he didn't exactly blame him. Though Brennan's attention was quickly caught as Devi's voice cause him to turn his head.

"Evening milady." He said with a roguish grin, in his thick accent. "I was hoping to run into ye this evening and was planning on asking for a dance, but it seems yer charge here has gotten in a bit over her head."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Albin groaned. "She has that effect on people." Albin rather discreetly hated how Aran, despite her severe lack of manners, was actually quite popular with people. Albin started to walk Aran out of the tavern and back out into the streets with Brennan's aid while the others followed out. "So Durin. I know that name. A merchant from Atoni but you're not her."

Devi walked along on Brennan's other side and while Albin interrogated his sister's new friend she continued her conversation with Brennan. "I'd have rather stayed at the palace, personally but Aran and her new friend ran off and I had to follow. " She thought a moment. "She's pretty much out for the night. Once we get her off to bed, we could go back out. I doubt Calder will get into any trouble without you." Devi can't sat the night took the worst turn it could have. She loved being with Aran but Aran tended to take over her life. Which was why Devi would have rather stayed at the palace. First, the food was better, no matter what Aran thought. The drink was free, Devi personally didn't mind the drink either. She didn't find the fun in getting drunk and ruining the party for everyone else, plus she didn't need the drink to have fun in the first place. And finally she'd have been free to enjoy it as she wanted as long as Aran wasn't to far off. She'd spend months planning her costume for the event, only for Aran to ruin it all in one far swop, something Devi would certainly give Aran an ear full about later.

"Only cause their shipped in." Calder mocked. "You'd have had access to the real thing. Wild breed griffins direct from the source, being close to the mountains." He smiled a little. "Maybe I would try. As long as you make sure I don't fall."

Caleb conversation with Riza continued but his eyes did linger onto Calder and his new companion. The two did seem to be getting along, though by this stage he'd learned not get his hopes up. As he watched he had started to tune Riza out. However he did spot from the corners of his eye several lords, who were clearly make a direct line for him. Seems he wasn't the only one who'd spotted the two. Caleb couldn't help but smiled. He leaned into Riza and whispered in his ear. "I'm being flanked." He joked, before patting her on the shoulder kindly and making his way into the crowd. Caleb had a feeling there was a game going on behind his make of lords competing for his son to marry their daughters. In fact Caleb knew that was what was happening because it had been happening to him for years. Only recently did the lords seem to finally catch on that Caleb simply had no plans to marry. It had started to become a problem with they were putting forward the same daughters for both Caleb and his son.
    Generally the game of pay offs and bribery was a way to simple limit the competition so instead of two dozen suitors there were around three with the backing of the others. It was actually kind of funny to watch, now that it wasn't him they were competing for.

Domina Noctis
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

As she followed the nobles out into the street Amane quietly studied Aran's brother. She knew from the reports she had read about him that Albin was far more versed in Atoni then Aran, she would have to tread carefully with him. One wrong misstep here and he could ensure that she lost access to Aran and the Duchess. “Aye, I am a Durin though not the Durin in the Durin Trading and Shipping Company. But I do work for my Aunt Faris or rather I will once I finish my apprenticeship. For now I am stuck working the deck of a ship. Suppose isn't so bad I am getting to see the world and learn the meaning of hard work rather then have it handed to me simply because who I am related to.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After Lord Bodi left the feast Bjorn half listened to his supervisor drone on about really nothing while his thoughts drifted to the things he would have to do tomorrow. He needed to check up on those two boys to make sure they followed through on helping the widow Bridget, preparing his forces for a campaign and of the young priestess that had just caused a stir in the hall. He could still hear people around him talking about it as they wondered what Lord Bodi would do with her. He knew he wasn't a forgiving man and it could end badly for the girl Though he was sure that the priests at the temple would plead on her behalf. It was late in the evening when his supervisor decided that he had enough and left the feast. Bjorn followed after him walking the streets of the ward until he reach the room he was renting bidding the lady of the house goodnight before retiring to his room.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Each foot step that she heard her heart felt like it stopped fear running through her wondering who it was and what her fate would be. When the figure was finally in sight her heart eased a little seeing it was just a guard. He was carrying a tray of food and set it on the ground by the edge of her cell then walked away not saying a word to her. Liesel looked at the bowl of what could best be described as a soup though what kind she had no idea and a cup with water. She wasn't hungry and ignored the soup but she did pick the cup up drinking it as she sat back down on the cot.

Another round of bullets hits my skin. Well, fire away
    Cause today, I won't let the shame sink in. We are bursting through
    the barricades and reaching for the sun.

We Are Warriors

Month the of Member November
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

Nadiyya blushed slightly. When she had suggested that Calder try it again the pair of them actually riding together had not really occurred to her. She had assumed he would go up with one of the more experienced riders. On the other hand the chance them to meet again and spend more time together was certainly not unappealing.

"If you wish to ride with me my lord I would be honoured" she replied. "Though it will depend of course when your brother gives me some free time."

Lord Bodi had left the main hall but stopped on his way to his private quarters. He called to one of his personal guard who was standing nearby in the passage. "Go to your captain and tell him I want that bitch taken care of" he said. "And when it's done to make sure she never sets foot in here again."

The man grimaced slightly then nodded. He understood what the instructions meant. "Yes lord" he replied.
    Born to be a king & fighting to survive in a world with the darkest powers.

The Fresh Prince of Britain • RPAs personal wolf fetish • RPA's Wolf Mascot • Crazy the Wolfheart

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 181920