Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Deus Ex: Descent of Icarus [OOC]

2Spooky4U
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Mostly Fantasy and Parody, and some Sci Fi
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)

Default Deus Ex: Descent of Icarus [OOC]

The year is 2027. It is a time of great innovation and technological advancements. Cybernetic implants are commonplace in this dark future, and can range from a prosthetic arm or leg to a cloaking system, or even a personality enhancer. However, it is also a time of chaos and conspiracy. The tension between normal humans and augmented people, or "augs", is at an all time high. Rioters protest in the streets and in front of the industries leading corporations, demanding for restrictions against unethical augmentations. On the other hand, augmented citizens are being prejudiced and treated as outcasts by the rest of society. Terrorism is growing increasingly more prevalent in the world, with both sides attacking the other. And while the tensions rise, a secretive group is controlling from the shadows, influencing and shaping the course of the future.

You will play as either an augmented or non-augmented citizen living in the big city of Manhattan. The "normal"- not augmented- citizens are getting scared, frightened by the danger posed by augmented citizens. The augs, however, are feeling prejudiced and hate being treated like this by their own kind. You will traverse the expansive streets of New York City, fighting obstacles in your way as you attempt to expose a conspiracy so deep it would change the course of the future.

If you are unfamiliar with the game Deus Ex, then you should know that it is similar to a role-playing game in the fact that it can be approached in many different ways. It is entirely possible to go through the whole game without killing anyone, and you are rewarded for doing so. Your character does not have to be a generic "shoot first, ask questions later" protagonist. In fact, they do not have to be fighters at all, they could just be a civilian who was swept into the heating tension. Just a thought :p

If you still need an idea about the setting, take a look at the awesome trailer. Or just imagine Detroit but with a lot more robots and viewed entirely through yellow-tinted glasses. That's basically it.
    Spoiler: Game Trailer 

Spoiler: Rules  

Spoiler: Character Sheet 

Spoiler: My Character Sheet (Example) 

And that's about it Please tell me if there's any problems or questions you have. Thanks

Also, I would be glad for a co-GM, if anyone is interested. Thanks.
    Last edited by Splat; 06-29-2015 at 01:05 AM.

and dreadfully distinct/against the dark a tall white fountain played

Art Thread
    |Ask me stuff|My Characters

Spoiler: Quotes, sets, gamertags, things to click on 

3Spooky5U
    Science Fiction/Slice of Life/Fandom
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Ehuehuehuehuehue. I'm in Gummy Bear.

If I were you I would make a limit of augmented characters. So there can be diversity.

Also can I be co-gm? I'm going to play as an information broker.
    Last edited by Griff; 06-29-2015 at 01:30 AM.

Griffin / Gumbo / Gambit / Griff

2Spooky4U
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    Ehuehuehuehuehue. I'm in Gummy Bear.

If I were you I would make a limit of augmented characters. So there can be diversity.

Also can I be co-gm? I'm going to play as an information broker.
    1. I am not a Gummy Bear. I am a Gummy Moose.

2. Good idea. I'll make that later.

3. What do you mean by information broker? And considering that you haven't even played through DXHR yet...

Art Thread

3Spooky5U
    Science Fiction/Slice of Life/Fandom
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

xd Gummy Bear, I mean I shall augment my ears and stuff and sell what I hear in creative ways.

Griffin / Gumbo / Gambit / Griff

Banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Name: Austin Newport
    Profession: Task Force 29 Agent
    Augmented: Ywes
    Augmentations: 2x Sarif Industries Cybernetic Arm Prosthesis, 2x Sarif Industries Cybernetic Leg Prosthesis, Sarif Industries Quicksilver Reflex Booster, Sarif Industries Glass Shield Cloaking System, Sarif Industries Series 9 Energy Converter, Sarif Industries Icarus Landing System, Sarif Industries Retinal Prosthesis.
    Appearance : Black hair, white arm and leg prosthesis, Aqua eyes, Hexagonal intend on forehead containing the Sarif Industries logo.
    Equipment: Steiner-Bisley Zenith w/ suppressor and AP mod, hip holster with 2 spare magazines, 1x EMP grenade, 1x Concussion grenade, carbon BMW K 1300 S.
    Bio: Austin lived a fairly normal life until a little more than two years ago. While he was working as a VersaLife Neuropzyne deliver security officer, a theft of the truck he was riding on was attacked. As a result, most of his human body was destroyed, and was given state of the art Sarif implants. After joining Task Force 29, he was transferred to Manhattan, to handle anti-augmentation terrorists.
    Personality: Austin keeps to himself, avoiding other people as much as he can and believes everyone is driven by self interested. Instead of feeling more than human like many augmented people do, he feels less than human.
    Last edited by Paradokz; 07-04-2015 at 11:33 AM.

Ketchup Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Hey Splat

Looks awesome so far. Great use of spoilers (I'm a stickler for that). The asked for character sheets look solid - great work! Happy recruiting!

In the meantime, might I offer some friendly suggestions to help you on your way?

Take a look at the Roleplay of the Week thread! If you need a banner for a submission for RP of the Week, then check out the Banner Shop!

You can also look at the Roleplaying Games Directory to advertise your RP. Staff would be happy to help you advertise your Roleplay both here and in the RPA Tribune.

Any questions, feel free to PM!

Banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

HI KIKI!!! =^.^=

2Spooky4U
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Paradokz View Post
    Name: Austin Newport
    Profession: Task Force 29 Agent
    Augmented: Ywes
    Augmentations: 2x Sarif Industries Cybernetic Arm Prosthesis, 2x Sarif Industries Cybernetic Leg Prosthesis, Sarif Industries Head Mounted Sunglasses/HUD, Sarif Industries Quicksilver Reflex Booster, Sarif Industries Glass Shield Cloaking System, Sarif Industries Series 9 Energy Converter, Sarif Industries Icarus Landing System, Sarif Industries Retinal Prosthesis, Sarif Industries CASIE, nano-ceramic arm blades.
    Appearance : Black hair, white arm and leg prosthesis, Aqua eyes, Hexagonal intend on forehead containing the Sarif Industries logo.
    Equipment: Steiner-Bisley Zenith w/ suppressor and AP mod, hip holster with 2 spare magazines, 1x EMP grenade, 1x Concussion grenade.
    Bio: Austin lived a fairly normal life until a little more than two years ago. While he was working as a VersaLife Neuropzyne deliver security officer, a theft of the truck he was riding on was attacked. As a result, most of his human body was destroyed, and was given state of the art Sarif implants. After joining Task Force 29, he was transferred to Manhattan, to handle anti-augmentation terrorists.
    Personality: To be revealed through roleplaying.
    It is okay, but I have a few problems.

1. As far as it looks, you made your character exactly like Adam Jensen :/ Do you think you could maybe change some of the features or augmentations or other things to change that? (specifically the sunglasses :p)

2. I would like you to put the personality on your character sheet, please. Makes thinfs a little easier.

3. Do you think you could tone down the augmentations a bit? I understand that you are a TF29 member, but I don't want too much over-poweredness.

4. Speaking of TF29 -- don't you think that may be a tiny bit OP?

Art Thread

Banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1. I'll see what I can do.
    2. What about realism?
    3. See 1.
    4. No.

Sci-Fi, Westerns, Crime, Thrillers
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

*Heavy Breathing*

Finally.

Totally gonna join this. HOPEFULLY I"ll have a character sheet up today. But no promises.

Made by Hayabusa

Once known as ZanNight

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast