Thread: The Oblivion Sector [OOC]

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    All of the above
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default The Oblivion Sector [OOC]

To: <angeline.river@harrowsUC.edu>
    Subject: Trip to the Oblivion Sector!

My dear colleague and friend, I am pleased to inform you that our trip to the Oblivion Sector has been approved by the Astral Research Administration Department! We will be departing two months from today. Other than you and I, we will be accompanied by Professor Chase Hardings, a pilot, an officer with extensive knowledge on the Sector, an engineer, and several of our top students. Oh, how we have been waiting for such a chance to see this thing up close!

I met with the officer a few moments before, receiving a briefing about the procedure of this mission to ensure all of our safety. I'll relay this information to all of you. While quite fascinating, the Oblivion Sector is as known to us as the oceans of Earth were known to humanity hundreds of years ago. We won't have a clear idea of what we're going to find. We're only permitted to travel near the edge of the Sector, and we must keep the ship at a safe distance. Were we to get too close, the Sector would absorb us and we would be lost for who knows how long.

I needn't remind you of what happens inside the Oblivion Sector. No light penetrates the border. If we're inside, we will no longer be able to see the stars; we'll only be guided by our own light. That's why I hired the best pilot, because otherwise we'd have no chance of making it back out again.

Sorry for bringing down the mood, but it's better to be prepared for the worst! I'll talk to you some more on the matter on campus. This'll be a once-in-a-lifetime experience!!!
    :Professor Ivan Rorik's Personal Recorder:
    Testing, testing. Alright, it's working! *Clears throat* This is professor Rorik of Harrows UC, and I'm currently in space! We've been traveling for a little while, but in a few short moments, we'll be in range of the mysterious Oblivion Sector! Not too much is known about this dark area of space, and our mission is to learn as much as we can in our short time here.
    (Muffled speaking in background)
    *chuckles* Why, yes! I am an ambitious man, Professor River, and I intend to go down in history! Oh, we seem to be approaching it now! Simply a wall of blackness. It's a bit scary, yet at the same time, strangely... beautiful.
    Damn, we are? We'd better alert the pilot. *Footsteps* What...? T-The door's sealed! *Banging on metal* Hey! Pilot, open up!
    (Muffled shouting)
    I know, I know! Where's the engineer, maybe he can unseal the door! God damn it, get over here and get that thing open!
    (Loud rumbling)
    We're inside??? FUCK! And we're going even faster?!
    What? No, no that's impossible! We can't be headed directly for a planet! We're going too fast! Shit, shit, SHIT! Everyone, get to an escape pod! NOW!!!

:End Recording:
    Who are you?
    You can play as any of the characters mentioned above except for Professor Rorik, the pilot, and Professor Hardings! If you want to be a student, name them and go right on ahead!
    When are you?
    The future! Duh!
    Where are you?
    No idea.

Spoiler: Character Sheet 

Spoiler: Character Roster 

DA RULES:
    -Keep it PG-13!
    -Don't be a jerk
    -Have fun. Or else. I know where you sleep.
    Last edited by Arelynn; 08-10-2015 at 08:33 PM.

RPA's Foul Mouthed Pixie
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

That looks way cool! And welcome to the forum!

Looking good!

Here are a few resources to help you draw in more players!

The RP of the week, as I am sure you are aware, is a resource for players to see what kind of RPs are spotlighted for the week! These RPs are featured on the homepage of RPA! Just send in a request to your friendly staff member, including a banner which you can get help with over at the banner shop.

RPG Directory is another great way to draw in more players! Head on over if you're looking to interest more players!

You can also have your game featured in the Tribune! This is RPA's awesome newsletter!

Last but not least, you can ask any of the staff to feature your game in their signature!

​Beautiful Nightmare

space war action adventure
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

this looks cool may I join

All of the above
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Of course! Just make a character using the character sheet. Once I see it, you're in!

space war action adventure
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

name: Jacob
    appearance: 6ft2, green tshirt, black tracksuit pants, scar under right eye, browny blonde hair, brown eyes.
    strengths: smart, good with numbers.
    flaws: minor ocd, adhd, antisocial.
    Last edited by Thor12; 07-28-2015 at 03:32 AM.

Second to the right and straight on 'til morning.
    Sci-fi, fantasy and mystical wonderful stuffs!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Please please save me the Officer? I will get a CS up tonight or tomorrow! Thank you
    Ooh! By the way, this looks super cool

All of the above
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sure thing! Happy to have you along ^~^

New Forum Person
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hey brother! Truly, a great RP and a superb story to be a part of!

I'd like to be a student in the ship, so please reserve that for me, CS will be up soon..

And one question I'd like to ask, being the student, what will be my main job?.. Like I'll just be observing and noting abt the Oblivion Sector, or I'll also take part in the adventure, or help other people with me?..

Second to the right and straight on 'til morning.
    Sci-fi, fantasy and mystical wonderful stuffs!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Name: Maria Jones
    Appearance:

Strengths: A good leader, fast thinker and very strong willed. When she sets her mind to something she makes sure it happens. She values others opinions and what they can add to the team, and when the time comes she always has a plan and stays calm in tense situations. She can be very pleasant and is fairly clever (was 2nd in her astrophysics class at university and later became an officer after she was called 'an outstanding member of her field').
    Flaws: She can be a little bossy and snappy at times and can get fixated on doing one thing so it is right. She does not get stressed often, but when she does she becomes snappy and will get annoyed at people who get in her way. She can also be arrogant, trying to prove that she knows what to do and she knows best (this is mainly because she feels the need to prove herself after being put down for being a female scientist and then officer).
    Personality: Maria has three sides, a leader, a nerd (enthusiastic scientist) and a cheerful friend. She takes charge easily and in tense situations will try and take over as boss. She is very brave and strong willed, leading others along the path of life. Although she can be a bit bossy, she is also very pleasant and cheerful, talkative and tries to make people smile in the worse situations. If you need supporting or cheering up she will try and be there - unfortunately sometimes she's a bit busy. She can be a little self-centered sometimes, but tries hard not to be. She is also very enthusiastic and science and space, she loves knowledge and sometimes will shy away to learn and refine her knowledge - or just to read books from the past or watch old sci-fi programmes from the 20th/21st century.
    History: Maria was born in Canada with an author mother and a biologist father. She grew up watching sci-fi TV and reading comics, and decided she wanted to go into space when she was older. At university she was the only female taking part in her astrophysics course and so was picked on and told she wouldn't get far. Overall, she came out 2nd in her class and went on to work with one of the national space projects. She was one of the top workers and was promoted to work in an army space project. A few years later she became an officer (but still loves science more than any army paper work she has to do - but that happens rarely). She then volunteered for the Oblivion Sector mission, excited for any new findings.

I think that's it! If you want something changing let me know
    Last edited by SherbetTurtle; 08-03-2015 at 10:21 AM.

All of the above
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Awesome_Kunal View Post
    Hey brother! Truly, a great RP and a superb story to be a part of!

I'd like to be a student in the ship, so please reserve that for me, CS will be up soon..

And one question I'd like to ask, being the student, what will be my main job?.. Like I'll just be observing and noting abt the Oblivion Sector, or I'll also take part in the adventure, or help other people with me?..
    All of the above! Whatever you want your character to do, it's all up to you. And thanks for joining!
    Avatar and signature by the amazing Kicks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast