Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rest of Us Left Behind [M]- OOC

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Default Rest of Us Left Behind [M]- OOC

Rated M: Violence, adult themes, drug, language, all that shameless stuff, shameless, tsk tsk tsk

Doesn't it seem funny? If you take a step back and think about it. Doesn't it seem funny that they feared us? Hunted us? But when the world changed. When the flood happened, some of them blamed us. Built their own tribes against us. While others revered us, they wanted us to keep them safe. They wanted us to keep them from danger, because of our gifts. Doesn't anyone find it funny? Not even in the least bit. It's not really very funny.

Rest of Us Left Behind

Welcome to the future. Welcome to Sandy Brook, 2025. The town of Sandy Brook has a secret, six individuals were born on the same day, with unique powers. The only humans to have any kind of unnatural gift as such. They kept them hidden. They were ashamed of these six individuals, but Sandy Brook was small enough that the big city never interfered with what was clearly a threat. A threat to humanity. Three years ago, the world flooded. Every city we knew, every city that existed, either down below several feet of water, or floated in small little islands. That's Sandy Brook. An island now. Floating on the surface of several feet of water. Protected by a group called Alive, Sandy Brook doesn't seem to have to worry.

Except for the Raiders and other groups threatening their Island. How will Alive handle these problems, alongside, interpersonal problems with each other.

The Plot

The year is 2025, a flood took out mostly all of America. Except for a few pockets here and there, of non flooded areas and cities. In Sandy Brook, six, what use to be seven, individuals were born with extraordinary powers. They formed a group called Alive, and they protect a small, shanty town from the resources they gathered, to keep survivors of this water land protected. The story takes place, as the group either unites together as one for a greater threat, or divides. Personal struggle after the decease of one of their group members, unable to figure out how they died, has created a rift amongst the individuals. Each struggling to become a leader or a voice, to round up each other. While Raiders threaten the way the citizens and Alive live in Sandy Brook, what could possibly happen to Alive and the town they run?

The Rules

Follow all of RPA rules, you all should really know them

Death is, but also highly not, possible

Communication is Key, Please Communicate, so we can keep this running smooth

Be creative

And Have Fun

No God modding

GM Word is Law

Alive

There use to be seven individuals, but Thomas died about a week ago. Thomas was the leader, he had a good head on his shoulders. He knew how to round in, all the in fighting amongst the group. He kept them together, and didn't allow us to fight one another. He kept Sandy Brook safe, but now he's dead. And we don't know why. A message from a Raider, a more scarier enemy. Everyone is panicking and freaking out. We're not sure what to do and everyone is kind of trying to take charge as a leader right now. But we're all still like siblings, even if we aren't blood related.

Slot 1- Clyde

Slot 2 - Open

Slot 3- Open

Slot 4- Open

Slot 5- Open

Slot 6- Open

Character Sheet

Name: [name of your character]

Age: 24 [all our characters were born on the same day, and share the same birthday. They do not share parents though. But they all have the unique abilities of gifts]

Gender ID- [male, female, bi-gender, etc.]

Sexual ID- [male, female, bi-gender, etc]

Appearance: [Text or picture. I would highly like to ask, if you could try to find a 3D picture. Not anime. But 3D photo of some sort.]

Personality: [Remember a personality is not set in stone. This isn't saying this HAS to be your character 100%. Add enough dynamic, evolving and interest in your character to make them a fully fleshed out, 3D character. Someone who has conflicts, interpersonal fears, struggles. Someone who is a person. I have added enough in respects of story for you to add into your character. Thomas' death how did that impact them. The flood 3 years ago. What do they think of the other Alive members, etc]

Powers: [All right, so I had an X-men RP. And I said creative powers. No one jumped at the opportunity to have fun. Or experiment with unique and different abilities. The abilities in this RP should be practical and help out in a setting of surviving a world, but creative and have fun.

So, I have decided, before you put a power down in your sheet. You will have to have a power approved. Go to the Superpower Wikia, click random page, and find something to have fun with: https://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Superpower_Wiki

I mean there is so much there. For example Cloth Manipulation. It's different, it's unique, but you can make clothes for survivors as well. The only given powers you are given and this is shared amongst all the individuals are:

Telekinesis- They can lift 60 pounds individually with their minds. 100 or more pounds together the more individuals of Alive combine their powers together

Telepathy- Infinite range, the Alive members have the ability to talk with one another through their minds.

Mild Blocking- With enough concentration, they can for brief periods of time, block out the other Alive members. It's simply a rule amongst the group not to do so, because if you go outside, or get attacked, they wouldn't be able to find you. Mild Blocking last for 30 minutes each session.]

Weaknesses: [All Alive members have general weaknesses. They share:

Breaking Concentration: If one of their concentration is broken, it could break the concentration of the whole group if they are combining their powers together.

Aware of Harm: Well this is a strength weakness. Essentially they are aware of each other's physical and mental conditions. Nothing really is a private thought amongst them. If one of them is hurt, they all can feel the others pain inside their thoughts and minds. But they can also experience and share other thoughts amongst each other. If one of them is having sex, or if one of them is drunk. They can all feel it. Not necessarily all of them will behave drunk, but if they do not block the others out, it can be a crazy collection of thoughts.

Then you need to add 2 more that pertain to your powers themselves.]

Theme Song: [Kind of optional, I love theme songs. It doesn't mean you won't get accepted because you don't have a theme song, but I highly recommend one. Music is a great way to understand your character]

Role: [what is your role in Sandy Brook? Are you the medic? Etc. These really are just Roles you chose for yourself. The Alive members never had direct roles, but if your character had to choose what they were really good at, that would be their role they declared. And have fun with it, someone could be a detective if they want, well fancy themselves one]

Relationship: [relationship does not mean romantic. It can also mean a friendship. This is optional, it is not going to not get you accepted. But I recommend when all slots are filled, go back read some profiles of other members. And either create a romantic relationship between the Alive member, a friendship, a frenemies, I don't know. But interact with your fellow members and see what you can come up with. This may remain blank]
    Last edited by Mr.Cynic; 07-28-2015 at 05:23 PM.

Anything really, mostly anime though!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Looks super interesting! Great writing skills for sure! Reserve, I'll make my sheet now xDD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Name: Jessica

Gender ID- female

Sexual ID- (She's attracted to guys yes LOL)

Appearance: 649999-bigthumbnail.jpg

Personality: Stern, Serious, Has to have a good focus or she gets frustrated, Kind to some

Powers: Lust Manipulation (Plus the others given)

Weaknesses:
    Breaking Concentration And Aware of Harm. Also, Love and Kissing

Theme Song: (Okay, this will probably make me look REALLY bad or young, but IM NOT, this was something that just popped in my head right away lol) 7 Things By: Miley Cyrus

Role: She helps others relate and interact with each other to gain trust.

Relationship: I'm not sure yet, because I don't see many others yet, so Jessica is open haha!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Is this a work in progress Monopoly?

-----

WIP, need appearance and personality

Name: Curtis Aron Hewlett

Gender ID- Male

Sexual ID- Heterosexual

Appearance:
    Curly dark brown hair matted in a few places, with young features, all though a little bruised now a days. He's thin, and a little scrawny, standing at 5'8", you wouldn't think he's small,but he looks pretty small. He's leanly built, with few muscles here and there, with olive colored eyes, and pinkish skin.

Spoiler: Warning a Bit Naked 

Spoiler: Just in Thought 

Clothing wise, Curtis wears a black coat, with several patches on it, something he made during a phase in Sandy Brook before the flood. With thin pants, but they still give him enough room. A baggy, tattered, black t-shirt, and some sneakers.

Spoiler: Clothing claim 

Personality:

Powers:

Telepathy; infinite range, has the ability to talk with Alive members through mental connection.

Telekensis; alone can carry up to 60 pounds. With additional Alive members add 100 pounds for each extra individual

Mind Blocking; 30 minute sessions to block out other Alive members. The practice is frowned upon, due to Thomas’ death because he was blocking right before he died.

Belief-Dependent Warping; Can warp the fabric of reality according to his beliefs. For example if he believed he was super strong and/or super fast, then he would become so. Another example, is if he firmly believed in fairy tales, or mythical creatures they could become alive or real. He in an essence can become anything he believes he can become. Within limitations. *See weaknesses

I Think Therefore I Am; Is able to alter his existence or physical form in nearly any manner he sees fit, according to his beliefs about himself. For example; the user can prevent themselves from being destroyed or being truly gone by the belief that they cannot disappear, as well as heal themselves by believing they are unharmed from damage.

Knowledge Duplication; He can replicate any kind of knowledge, be it knowledge over a subject, a foreign language, or mastery of a fighting style. He can duplicate information from creatures or inanimate mediums of data, such as books, computers, etc.

*Currently; most of his power has allowed him to be the survivors medical role. He is the doctor for Alive and for the citizens of Sandy Brook. Because he can believe he is a doctor, and has all the knowledge of being able to do so.

Weaknesses:

Break in Concentration; all of his powers and all of the Alive powers are based on their focus and concentration. If one’s concentration is broken, while they are grouped together, the rest of their concentration is broken. If any of his other weaknesses are triggered, then they break his personal concentration.

Aware of Harm; Without any private thoughts, the Alive members are constantly bombarding each other with mental information. If someone is drunk, they can feel that person being drunk in their head. If another person is having sex, they are aware of that as well. But it comes in handy when someone is hurt because they can feel that person’s pain and can locate them quickly enough to get help.

*Belief Weaknesses;

Curtis is highly aware of the beliefs and thoughts of the other members. So his belief powers are somewhat linked and shared with them. If one Alive member doesn’t not corporate with his belief powers, then he cannot produce a belief to become something. He’s also a little self conscious about what the other Alive members think about him. They share thoughts, so if Alive members are thinking low of him, Curtis in turn thinks low of himself.

The only concrete belief the Alive members share about Curtis is that he is a doctor. This allows Curtis to keep everyone safe and allows them to survive for as long as they have.

I Think Therefore I am; Curtis is extremely hindered by his meek personality. He can be shy and he finds thinking a things about himself awkward. He cares too much about what the other Alive members think of him.

Not only that, but Curtis must intentionally think he exist or else his I think Therefore I am will not work.

Stress Migraines; due to the fact that all the Alive members share thoughts together and Curtis powers are based on believing and he has to constantly think to believe, he is prone to stress migraines, which do in fact hinder his concentration.

*Knowledge Duplication; can only be duplicated if he reads on that skill. Otherwise he cannot replicate that knowledge.

Theme Song:

Role: Medical Doctor; but he really isn’t a real doctor. He has no training in it, he just replicates it.

Relationship:
    They all grew up in a small town. They all know each other and they hung out with each other. As children it was easier, but as they grew up and gained personalities. They begun to be different from one another. It was something that couldn't be avoided. Thomas, Thomas on the other hand. He kept them together. Kept them safe. Kept them grounded and united.

Thomas; maybe Curtis is the one most impacted by his death. He was like a brother to Curtis, well all the Alive kids are like siblings. But Thomas was someone who he really admired as a role model. Considering Curtis was the bullied one. So were some of the others, but sometimes it felt like he was the only one. Thomas kept him grounded. Kept the Alive grounded. Now that he's dead, Curtis cannot find a way to bring him back.

*Misc info I did not add into the powers; Curtis' power doesn't work with the other Alive members. As much as he would try to believe he is Thomas he cannot be Thomas. He will never be able to imitate or bring back any Alive member.
    Last edited by Mr.Cynic; 07-28-2015 at 07:15 PM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Unnecessary double posting is unnecessary RPA.
    Last edited by Mr.Cynic; 07-28-2015 at 06:19 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Did you need more explanation for something?If you do, let me know. I don't mind, just didn't know how much information you needed seeing as I was first to post, my mistake.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Take a look at my sheet so far Monopoly. Yeah. And remember your power has to be approved by me before you post it on the sheet.

So I will need to know how her power works. How it is used in the group to benefit the citizens they are protecting, etc.

I also need a more functional personality than a sentence. Did you even read what I had said in the character sheet requirements?

Also remember this is their 3rd year in a flooded world. Do you honestly think she's going to be some knocked out bombshell who is super hot, wearing a bra and shorts?

There has to be some sensibility to the character.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh, I didn't think she was that hot, I picked her because she had the head phones and was rocking out to music. My thing lol. I read everything It just didn't state how long it should've been. I'll make it longer right now. My power just suits her picture. Did you want me to PM this to you first? I don't mind

BTW she's wearing a tube top, jeans, and her hair is in a pony tail lol.
    Last edited by Monopoly145; 07-28-2015 at 06:40 PM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

PM please.

Errrr.........no one would accept a sentence to begin with. A paragraph at most for personalities. And even then.

The powers need to be defined, so if you get into a battle, I actually have a general sense of your weaknesses and strengths.

An that way we don't have situations like this

"She can dodge that because of blah"

"Really how so"

"Its part of her power"

"It doesn't say so on her sheet"

"yeah, but that's her power"

Not saying you're going to do that. I just have run into those problems before.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

PM please.

Errrr.........no one would accept a sentence to begin with. A paragraph at most for personalities. And even then.

The powers need to be defined, so if you get into a battle, I actually have a general sense of your weaknesses and strengths.

An that way we don't have situations like this

"She can dodge that because of blah"

"Really how so"

"Its part of her power"

"It doesn't say so on her sheet"

"yeah, but that's her power"

Not saying you're going to do that. I just have run into those problems before.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast