Page 1 of 19 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] Transformers: War of Creation (OOC)

A Pacific Island U.S. territory called Saipan.
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci-fi action
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default [M] Transformers: War of Creation (OOC)

Overview

After the Battle of Hong Kong, the testimony of the Yeagers and the Chinese government, along with the exposure of the illegal actions and subsequent disbanding of the CIA task force Cemetery Wind, has resulted in the Autobots once again being welcomed into an alliance with the US military. The Yeagers as promised were given a new house by Joshua Joyce, for whom all criminal charges were dropped in light of his more recent actions. Cade, with resources and money provided by Joshua, has finally been able to take his inventing career somewhere. Tessa has gone to college, and Shane with her. For the most part, the world is at peace.

But it's not over. Optimus Prime has flown off into space to take the Seed "where it can never be found" and go after the Creators, whatever he may mean by that. Galvatron yet lives, and could be anywhere on Earth so long as he doesn't get within close physical proximity of an Energon detector. And the Knightship, piloted by the late Lockdown's crewmen, has retreated to parts unknown, but is still very much functional. Any Autobots surviving among the stars may come to Earth, or even join Optimus Prime on his way to face the Creators. Any surviving Decepticons would likewise be eager to reinforce their reborn master. The Creators, no doubt, are still planning to "sweep their chessboard clean" even with their top agent's death setting them back. Whatever happens next, only one thing is certain: this peace cannot last.

---

All right, so all of you who have seen the movies, after reading that, you basically know where to go from here. Those who don't, this RP is set in the Transformers movie universe, after the events of all four movies. If you don't know the story of the movies, you can watch them or read their plot summaries on Wikipedia. It would be pointless for me to re-summarize it here since I can't really make it any more concise than that.

The story from here on out is unwritten. This isn't an "inter-quel." It doesn't lead up to whatever may happen in TF5, or to any pre-TF5 supplementary material such as comics, books, web serials, or anything of the like. It's certainly going to contradict whatever actually turns out to happen in TF5, but that's the fun of it. This is its own story. It can go anywhere.

So, now you know what's going on. The only thing left to do is make a character (or characters) and start playing!

Character Creation

Making a character in this game follows the typical process. You fill out a profile sheet and submit it in the topic. The staff (me, Punished Snake, and Thelonewanderer) will then approve it, or if your profile has a major issue, tell you to revise it. Your character can be a Transformer, be they Autobot, Decepticon, some made-up faction (though if you're doing that, no army of NPCs, it has to be an all-player faction), or neutral. They cannot be Creator-aligned, because the Creators have ceased production of sentient robots ever since every single one they've made rebelled against them, save for Lockdown and his crew. You can also play as a human.

If you're a Transformer, you simply land on Earth (or enter flight next to Optimus as he travels through space, intent on backing him up or ambushing him midway) in your interstellar mode (pretty much transforming into a metallic self-propelled meteor). This can be done "offscreen" if you like, or you can show the process in your first post. After that, they'd naturally take on their alternate mode, either from their data banks of Cybertronian vehicles or from stuff on Earth, since no one in their right mind would ever remain in their skeletal space travel form. If you're a human, well, that's even simpler. You've always been on Earth. No explanation for how you got there necessary.

You can have up to five original characters, plus an optional one canon character. You can claim ONE canon character if you so choose and play as that character, though you have to be in character if you do it. For example, you can't claim Bumblebee, then start shooting your teammates in the face and hailing Galvatron. Unclaimed canon characters will be operated by me as NPCs. For plot reasons, you can't claim Optimus Prime, Galvatron, or anyone Creator-affiliated in any way. Anyone else is fair game, including the Dinobots.

Now, about those sheets I mentioned...

Transformer Profile:

Name: (No stupid names. This may be an M-rated game, but that's so that cursing and the full extent of violence are allowed. It's not so you can name yourself something like Jackoff or Longdick.)
    Faction: (Autobot, Decepticon, custom faction, or none. If your character has ever switched sides, mention that here.)
    Appearance: (Picture or description. You can be big if you want, but don't take it too far. Approach Dinobot size, and you're gonna have to tone it back. You can also be tiny, but don't be any smaller than a housefly. You have to be able to interact with others. Both humanoid and animalistic forms are allowed.)
    Alternate mode: (Picture or description. You can have multiple alt-modes, but having more than two must come at a price, like being really small. (Think Laserbeak from TF3, a tiny bird who could change into almost any appliance) Your alternate mode can be from Earth or Cybertron. They can be vehicles, mechanical animals, or even stationary machinery. You can disguise yourself to look like an organic creature as well (for example, "Alice" from Transformers 2) but that obviously means your robot form is similarly sized to that creature.)
    Weapons: (Include weapons for both robot and alternate mode. Your weapons can be ranged, melee, even grenades and stuff of the like. Your ammo will replenish naturally (Transformers grow ammo like we grow fingernails only much faster), though you can run out of ammo in the middle of a fight because your ammo consumption has exceeded your ammo replenishment. Assume a full 24 hours are needed to go from 0 shots to full. Your weapons can be part of your body (Bumblebee's cannon from TF1-TF3), or held and mounted externally (Hound's everything), but the same ammo replenishment principle applies. Keep your weapons reasonable. No nukes, mininukes, or assault rifles that fire rockets full auto.)
    Special Abilities: (Many Transformers have special abilities not possessed by the entirety of their race. Can your character fly in robot mode by use of thrusters? (Starscream, TF4 Optimus) Can your character survive as just a head? (Frenzy, Megatron) Can your character combine with others? (If you do this, the other members of the combination must have profiles of their own. They can be played by you, or other members. The combination must have a profile as well, though that won't count as taking up one of your original character slots. Furthermore, combiners can only be made by robots specifically outfitted to combine with specific others. Two people can't just naturally have the combiner ability, meet up, and decide they want to see what the result of combining is. And no more than six components to a combiner.) Do they have grappling hooks in their wrists? (TF4 Bumblebee) Can they accelerate to interstellar speeds without regressing to interstellar transition form? (Megatron, Starscream, TF4 Optimus) This is the place to put things like that.)

You may notice there's no section for skills and personality, or background info. You can add those if you want, but that sort of thing is best displayed by what you do in game. It's not needed for a profile. Now, here are the profiles for the other two types of character.

Human Profile:

Name: (It has to be a plausible human name. So you can't be named like a Transformer, or something like "Haboojigaboojigoogoo." Nicknames go here too, and of course there's no limit to what nickname you could have. Actually, a name like "Jackoff" would work for that...though I don't think anyone would want that nickname.)
    Job: (Are you a NEST soldier? Do you work for KSI? Or do you have another job and just happened to be sucked into the action because you ran into it or know one of those who are involved, like Cade Yeager?)
    Weapons: (If applicable.)
    Appearance: (Picture or description.)

Combiner Profile:

Name: (Same rules for any robot)
    Gender: (It'll be the gender of the majority of its components. If there's an equal number of both genders comprising it, pick one.)
    Faction: (Same as its components, obviously.)
    Appearance: (Picture or description. Combiners will always have their components each form a body part or group of parts, so keep that in mind. The size is dependent on the components. You also don't get an alternate mode as a combiner, for obvious reasons.)
    Weapons: (Combiners tend to have weapons other than those of their components. The more components, the more power these new weapons will have. A six-component combiner, for example, can have a vacuum cleaner vortex grinder that sucks in everything it's pointed at, shreds it to bits, and expels it afterward. Nothing more over the top than that. Less components means less over the top super weapons. You can also have the weapons of your components, though this isn't always the case.)
    Special Abilities: (Same as with a regular robot. You can combine with another combiner, but the total components still can't exceed six.)
    Method of play: (Is the combiner played by only one player? Do the players take turns playing the combiner? Just specify that here, so there's no confusion.)

So, now you should know how to make a character in this game. If you want an example profile, here's one of Optimus Prime. And if you claim a canon character, I'll write the profile for you so you don't need to do any research.

Name: Optimus Prime
    Faction: Autobot
    Appearance: This.
    Alternate mode: This.
    Weapons: Knight Sword - A longsword sharp enough to cut through spaceship-grade metal with a good two handed swing.
    Gunshield - A large shield mounted on the forearm with a gun over the wrist and hand area, parallel to the forearm. The gun fires explosive rounds at a semiautomatic rate of fire which can be charged (with no delay regardless of charge time) to multiple power settings. On its highest setting, it can destroy the underside of the Knightship in 3 shots, an area comparable to the top of your average skyscraper, filled entirely with (obviously) spaceship-grade metal. On its lowest setting, it can blow a hole through a human sized target without inflicting any damage on anything surrounding said target.
    Special Abilities: Can perform extended jumps and even fly using retractable leg thrusters. These thrusters come equipped with interstellar drives as well, allowing him to move at the speed of an interstellar transition form without shedding his armor and alternate mode. He also carries the Matrix of Leadership within him, allowing him to resurrect any dead Transformer IF their body is in one piece and nothing's outright missing. Damaged parts like a stab through the spark are fine. Those will be healed. If the body is outright destroyed by being torn to tiny pieces or melted down, tough luck. No resurrection for that guy.

Approved Profiles

Approved profiles will be listed here, under the name of the player who submitted them.

Spoiler: Punished Snake's characters 

Spoiler: Thelonewanderer's characters 

Spoiler: Blazing_Falcons' characters 

Spoiler: TheExiledChampion's characters 

General Rules

1. No god-modding. Goes without saying, but here it is anyway. In other words, impeccable aim, dodging everything, and surviving things you really shouldn't are all banned.
    2. Adhere to logic. Don't do anything nonsensical.
    3. Upgrades to your character must be staff-approved.
    4. Rules apply to everyone, including staff.
    5. No complaining if someone claims a canon character before you do.
    6. You can die, so be careful. If you're stuck in a situation where there is no possible escape, your character will die. And resurrections are only possible with the Matrix, so if you happen to get torn apart (which is extremely likely, since pretty much everyone in-universe knows about the Matrix at this point) you're gone forever.

Discipline

There's got to be a countermeasure in the event of rule-breaking, so if staff sees you breaking a rule, either a warning or a strike will be issued. Both of which require that you stop the rule-breaking immediately, or get a strike.

First Strike: Offending character will be severely injured by some chance occurrence, like an explosion going off near them or something falling on them.
    Second Strike: Offending character will be killed by such a chance occurrence.
    Third Strike: All your characters will be killed by such chance occurrences.
    Fourth Strike: You are no longer allowed to play the game.

I know, seems strict, but I've seen this system in practice on another site. It works well and is rarely if ever abused, so it should work.

Have fun! IC thread here.

Oh, and credit to Punished Snake. This whole thing was his idea.
    Last edited by Axilus Prime; 12-03-2015 at 08:02 AM.

Action, Sci-Fi, Fanfic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nice! We we can really start rolling!

Human Profile:

Name: Relius 'Ray' Clover
    Job: Retired NEST soldier. Knows Cade Yeager since he lives in Paris, Texas.
    Weapons: AMT Automag V (Personal), Desert Tech MDR (7.62 x 39), x2 L.A.R Grizzly Win Mag
    Appearance:

I also want to apply for the co-GM position as well. (Transformer profile coming soon)

Thanks to Crap for the Sig.

Ketchup Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Hoooly heck. So much detailing! This is great, Axilus. Really great set up. Happy recruiting!

In the meantime, might I offer some friendly suggestions to help you on your way?

Take a look at the Roleplay of the Week thread! If you need a banner for a submission for RP of the Week, then check out the Banner Shop!

You can also look at the Roleplaying Games Directory to advertise your RP. Staff would be happy to help you advertise your Roleplay both here and in the RPA Tribune.

Any questions, feel free to PM!

Whatever captures and holds my attention.
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

This may be what I need to get my writing... something... back. I don't know, I've just had trouble writing anything lately. ... >.>

Set by Karma

Sci-Fi, fan-fic, really just whatever catches my eye
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Well, Im here. Gonna think up a transformer profile over night. Might just use at least one of ones I had back in BoC, leaning towards a neutral Chillwind. With that ability spot, does that mean I can go for Cloaking?

EDIT: Ah screw it, profile time. Also, gonna go for that Co-GM slot you offered.

Name: Chillwind

Faction: neutral, though worked with the Cons in the past, and willing to work with the Bots now

Appearance: This for robot mode, just black instead of blue, with purple optics. For vechile form, this but with a dark purple instead of orange

Weapons: two hidden blades, mounted under the wrist, a la Assassin's Creed, and two high powered pistols that rest at the hips. In Jet form has a 20mm Vulcan minigun and nothing else.

Special Abilities: Shadow Mode: At the cost of armor, Chillwind is perfectly cloaked, unheard and unseen, dealing heavy damage as long as she has the element of surprise on her side. However, being hit or attack drops the cloak, rending her visible to sight and thus open to attack.

So, yeah. thats the sheet. May or may not bring Psyker into this later on.
    Last edited by Thelonewanderer; 08-04-2015 at 02:40 AM.
    War...war never changes.
    A Wanderer always walks the lonesome road at some point. always
    You want to see my army? Come take a look....
    Hey look, I got a card!!
    Can you face the Gathering Storm?
    Spoiler: The Undead Pledge 

Spoiler: The way of the Warrior 

Sci-fi action
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Punished Snake View Post
    Nice! We we can really start rolling!

Human Profile:

Name: Relius 'Ray' Clover
    Job: Retired NEST soldier. Knows Cade Yeager since he lives in Paris, Texas.
    Weapons: AMT Automag V (Personal), Desert Tech MDR (7.62 x 39), x2 L.A.R Grizzly Win Mag
    Appearance:

I also want to apply for the co-GM position as well. (Transformer profile coming soon)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelonewanderer View Post
    Well, Im here. Gonna think up a transformer profile over night. Might just use at least one of ones I had back in BoC, leaning towards a neutral Chillwind. With that ability spot, does that mean I can go for Cloaking?

EDIT: Ah screw it, profile time. Also, gonna go for that Co-GM slot you offered.

Name: Chillwind

Faction: neutral, though worked with the Cons in the past, and willing to work with the Bots now

Appearance: This for robot mode, just black instead of blue, with purple optics. For vechile form, this but with a dark purple instead of orange

Weapons: two hidden blades, mounted under the wrist, a la Assassin's Creed, and two high powered pistols that rest at the hips. In Jet form has a 20mm Vulcan minigun and nothing else.

Special Abilities: Shadow Mode: At the cost of armor, Chillwind is perfectly cloaked, unheard and unseen, dealing heavy damage as long as she has the element of surprise on her side. However, being hit or attack drops the cloak, rending her visible to sight and thus open to attack.

So, yeah. thats the sheet. May or may not bring Psyker into this later on.
    You guys got both your profiles approved. And there you go, you're both co-GMs now. You guys can approve profiles (to speed things up, one approval from any of us is good enough for a character to be accepted, unless 2 out of 3 of us take issue with it) and make sure people aren't screwing the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by x Kiki x View Post
    Hoooly heck. So much detailing! This is great, Axilus. Really great set up. Happy recruiting!

In the meantime, might I offer some friendly suggestions to help you on your way?

Take a look at the Roleplay of the Week thread! If you need a banner for a submission for RP of the Week, then check out the Banner Shop!

You can also look at the Roleplaying Games Directory to advertise your RP. Staff would be happy to help you advertise your Roleplay both here and in the RPA Tribune.

Any questions, feel free to PM!
    Thanks. I might go for some of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazing_Falcons View Post
    This may be what I need to get my writing... something... back. I don't know, I've just had trouble writing anything lately. ... >.>
    Well, maybe it'll help you get your writing drive back. I certainly hope it does. You gotta make a profile though.

Action, Sci-Fi, Fanfic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

*fist bump to the topic for reasons*

Thanks to Crap for the Sig.

Sci-fi action
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When we have a few more characters made, the game will start.

Whatever captures and holds my attention.
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Name: Quicksilver
    Faction: Neutral, former Autobot.
    Appearance: Robot/Vehicle
    Weapons: Robot mode: Bec-de-corbin
    "Hidden" SMGs that are mounted beneath the wrists, and swing forward into hands when needed.
    Vehicle mode: smokescreen, kneecappers, forward facing HMGs.
    Special Abilities: Deploys Copperhead from his back

Name: Copperhead
    Faction: Neutral, former Autobot
    Appearance: https://img00.deviantart.net/c1db/i/2...ct-d36pwn2.jpg
    Alternate mode: Quicksilver's rear fenders/spoiler
    Weapons: single LMG, talons, beak
    Special Abilities: Deploys from Quicksilver's back
    Last edited by Blazing Falcons; 08-08-2015 at 06:45 PM.

Set by Karma

Sci-fi action
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, you said over PM that you wanted him to have a deployable partner similar to Scorponok, so you have to write a profile for the partner. Then in Special Abilities for Quicksilver, put "Can deploy (insert partner's name here) from (insert body part here, I'd assume the back)" and in Special Abilities for the partner, put "Can be deployed from Quicksilver's (insert body part here)."

Once that's done, you should be all good.

Page 1 of 19 123 ... LastLast