Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Mutant Boarding School (IC)

Second to the right and straight on 'til morning.
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci-fi, fantasy and mystical wonderful stuffs!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Nikki smiled when she saw Freya. She placed her stuff at the foot of her bed before looking around, "Yeah! Hey roomie!" She smiled softly before picking up Lily and taking her out of the container before placing her on the window ledge. "You don't mind of Lily sleeps here do you? He won't bother you, not unless I have nightmares.... But that's a different story." She walked over to her bed and sat down opposite her friend. "Hey, don't let what that guy said get you down, he's just a jerk. We should stay young for as long as we can." She smiled before glancing at the little paper bag. "Are these from you?" She asked, peering inside. "You're so sweet, thank you!"

She took a bit of a macaroon and grinned, "Delicious." She stood up, heading over to her stuff to start unpacking. She unrolled some posters and stuck them up by her bed. A large superhero one by the head, a piece of link and purple art work and a poster of books at her side. She then placed her sweet bag on the bedside table and lay back on the bed. "You have an awesome power by the way!"

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Freya smiled, but it wasn't as bright or happy as it had been before Jaden had spoken to her. "I don't mind if your plant lives there. It's nice to have a touch of green. Maybe they'll let us start a little garden on campus or something." Freya said, taking another bite as she watched her room mate decorate her side of the room. She smiled slightly as Nikki tried, and enjoyed the sweets."Yeah, I made too many before leaving home. So I left a bunch with my siblings, and took some for me. I realized it wouldn't be very nice to just bring some for me, so I made some little bags for anyone I made friends with, or wanted to cheer up. I hoped my room mate would like some, so I left you a bag." She found her smile getting brighter, happier as she began to put the other boys words behind her.

"I'm glad you think my power is cool. I think it's pretty, but it's not very useful. Sure, i can make little scenes and animals with them, but so far, not much else. What can you do?" She asked, tilting her head curiously. She was wondering what Nikki meant by 'he won't attack, not unless I have nightmares'. She looked up, her usual cheerful energy subdued.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

"Yes! I love gardens!" Replied Nikki at Freya's suggestion. She then moved into the sweets and Nikki looked into the bag, a grin forming on her face. "That is such a sweet idea! Well, when I unpack my stuff and find my candy I'll share it with you!"
    "I'm sure your powerul is really useful, like in a blackout maybe. Or optical illusions..." Freya asked about her power and she grinned. "I can control plants. That whole nightmares thing... I get them rarely... But my mind is kind of linked with something in the plants, and when I have nightmares I get frightened and adrenalised - if that's the word - and my connection with the plants goes weird an they can go way out of control. I thought I should just warn you, seeing as we're roommates. It's incredibly unlikely to happen though..." She stopped and looked over at Lily. "Sorry, I went off on a tangent. Right, my power..." She reached out her hand towards the plants and twisted her wrist, her fingers dancing lightly around like they were on a liano. Lily rose up, her whole body growing and the flower blossoming. The plants began to dance around in a sense, twisting, stretching, like an elegant ballet dancer. She flicked her hand down and the plant retracted back to its normal state. "I can make them do different things, but that's the prettiest thing..." She giggled.

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Freyas eyes gleamed happily, and she clapped when the little show ended. "That's so cool! I wish I could do that, it seems a lot more useful, or at least has more useful capabilities." She said, smiling happily at Nikki once again. "I heard there was this plant that uses birds to pollinate it, not humming birds, but the regular kind. They produce this clear gummy thing, which are apparently a bit sweet and 'like jelly babies'. The birds eat them, and then go to another plant of the same kind, spreading pollen that gathered on it when it was foraging on the previous plant."

She looked around, then into her bag. "I mostly have sweets, and if I run out, I can always bake some more. Hopefully. I'd be glad to trade some of my sweets for yours if you'd like." She offered, hoping that they could share more than just a couple times. Her thoughts were out of the little sad rut they had gone into, and now were focused on more happy things like sweets, gardens, and animals.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

"Your power is super useful, for sneak attacks and, and deception, and, it's just really cool!" She paused, eating another macaroon. "That plant you mentioned sounds so cool, they're actually really clever beings, once you get to know them of course. Perhaps that's why I love gummy sweets, maybe I'm a plant in real life..." She laughed, sticking her arms out like an impression of a plant. "Well, I think your sweet idea is lovely! Of course, I can't get any Australian sweets here, but I have a lot to share... And my parents can always send more! But perhaps you could teach me how to bake your sweets some time?" She asked, grinning with excitement. She seemed to realise something and stood up, heading to her luggage and to her main bag. She unzipped a bunch of things before pulling out an almost ruck sack sized bag of sweets. "Ah! Here they are, these are the sweets and snacks I bought, here," she passed he bag to Freya, "You can take something you like!" She smiled, hoping her roommate would enjoy the offering.

Fantasy, Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Viram sat outside, looking at the sun, feeling the urge to look at it on the subatomic level, but he remembered that last time he did that it hurt. At that point he pulled out a plant in his pouch and used his power. At first it changed slowly from red to orange to yellow to green. It started to change to blue, but before long it withered away to nothing. He then frowned and tried doing something to it. It was went back to green before catching fire, making him drop it. "Well sh**. There goes another one," he said, pulling out the perti dish and compared
    Last edited by Technitius; 10-15-2015 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Possible teleporting issues. JK actually didn't read throughly enough. Apologies.

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Freya frowned slightly. She didn't like the idea of he power being used to trick people, or to sneak around. "That sounds kinda mean. I think I'd need a lot of training to do that anyways. Right now, almost everything I make glows and is brightly colored." She said finally, taking another bite from her candy stash. Then she saw Nikkis plant impression, and laughed. "Maybe you are a plant! I remember this one story a friend of mine was reading, about a pirl who is a highly advanced plant that looks like a person, only completely symmetrical, so they look really pretty. She starts freaking out because this beautiful wing like flower grows on her back, and then she finds out she is that plant, a faerie I think it was called in the story. It had some bad parts though, violent ones, but I liked the plant part." She said, her spirit dampening for a moment before lifting again. She looked at Nikki's sweet stash, and tilted her head, looking at the labels as she tried to figure out what to try first. Then, she seemed to realize that Nikki had asked her to teach her how to bake some sweets.

"I'd love to show you how to bake! It's really fun, though sometimes I get a stomach ache from eating too many of the sweets while I'm making them. I'll teach you how to make snickerdoodles, and brownies, and cupcakes, and tarts, and pastries, and I can even try to make a mousse. Last time it turned out too bitter though. Oh! I was watching a show, and I saw them making baked alaska, that could be fun! Maybe we could try that. Do you think they have ice cream here? Or we can make these apple piecaken things. They're really called something else, but the word is German and I cant even remember it. Maybe a baumchuken? I've just called it piecaken because it's more fun that way. It's this round thingy, with a hole in the middle, and the round part looks like it has tree rings." She chattered, her spirits soaring as she gestured enthusiastically.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

"You'd show me how to bake this stuff? Awesome! Ma mum wouldn't let me near the kitchen, but she made some amazing pastries. She's French, so she knows how to cook all the French foods. If I can contact her I'll ask her for some recipes... We can try to cook some of them!" She laughed, picturing the food they could make. The thought of her mum made her miss home, it had only been one day... But still she started to regret leaving. Then again, she hadn't even survived a two day camping trip with her old school, but she'd get through. "Oh, I love baked alaska! And I kinda know how to make strudel... We could try that!" It's true, the last time she tried to make strudel it didn't go so well, but it would be fun to try, and at least there would be no mum to scold her. She searched through the bag of sweets Freya gave her and took out a gummy worm and popped it in her mouth.

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Freya nodded energetically. "Of course I would! It'll be more fun that way." She said cheerfully, already imagining the sweets they would make. "Hopefully, your mom can give us recipes. I'd love to try some new things! If not, I know plenty, and maybe we can find some cook books. And strudel will be great! Baked alaska was fun, though it can be pretty frustrating. It can take a few tries, and we might make a mess. But that part isn't something we can ignore. We can make tarts too. Really, it can be anything! And if we don't get it right, we know what not to do next time." Her eyes were sparkling, her face bright with happiness. She bounced off her bed, going to her bag and looking through it. "I brought my note book, which has some of my favorite recipes, ones I've tweaked a bit to make them taste better. And I think I have a cook book one of my brothers gave me a a present, though I think he was trying to make a joke as well." She found the book, and showed it to her friend. 'Faerie cook book' Was written in sparkly letters above a pink cupcake. "Maybe theses something fun in this too." She said, beginning to flip through it

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

"Siblings try to make jokes... They norm'ly fail..." Replied Nikki with a laugh, as Freya pulled out the cookbook. She glanced over at it and giggled, the glitter on the letters sparkling under the light. "That is very cute!" She took out another sweet, this one was strawberry shaped, she chewed it for a bit, seemingly contemplating something. After swallowing it she sat up straight and asked, "I wonder what fairies eat? Like, would they eat cupcakes and stuff?" It seemed a ridiculous notion, but at the time she was just having fun, she had no need for seriousness. "Maybe in a while we can go find the cafeteria. We can see what food they have so we can, uh, borrow it to make our delicious treats." She laughed.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast