Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] A Conflux of the Unknown (IC)

August Member of the Month
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Default [M] A Conflux of the Unknown (IC)

RATED R FOR DRUG AND ALCHOL ABUSE, LANGUAGE, GRAPHIC VILOENCE, GORE, SEXUAL THEMES, AND OTHER ADULT THEMES

The forest is alive with the buzz of insects and the many sounds of creatures you don’t recognize, all going about their lives despite your presence there in the forest floor. Insects and bird fly through the air, mammals dart here and there, and strange noises of other creatures can be heard from deeper in the forest. The bright light of a sun shines through the branches of the trees, illuminating small patches of the forest floor, where lazy reptiles sunbathe for warmth.
    The sounds of civilization and intelligent community cannot be heard, but a low humming draws your attention to your arm. A glowing crystal of some sort has been embedded into your arm, so deep you may bleed out if you try to remove it. Even when you fiddle with it, it seems it isn’t going anywhere no matter how hard you try to remove it, as if it were embedded all the way to the bone and somehow integrated into your very body as though it were a part of you from the very beginning.
    As your senses take hold and return to normal, you realize that you are hungry and dehydrated, as though getting here had drained you of energy. One thing is for certain, you need to get moving.

Spoiler: Accepted Characters 
    Last edited by Mfable; 08-31-2015 at 07:34 PM.

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

"Uhhh...Ooog." Melleran says, getting up while holding her head with one hand and bracing herself on a tree with another. A sudden caw draws her attention to branches of the tree and she looks up to find a jet-black raven perched among them. "Oh, it's you, Nevermore..."
    "'Bout time ya got up, bitch! Ya been conked out fo' fo' hours now. I though ya was gonna sit on yo ass all day." Nevermore squawked as he fluttered to a lower branch.
    "Oh, fuck you, you flying pot pie." Melleran says, finally getting her bearings.

Nevermore flutters down to her shoulder and nuzzles against her. "Oh, ya know I was only playin', girl." Nevermore coos as Melleran laughs and strokes him. "Ooh, girl!" He says, fluttering back up to a higher branch. "You know where we is, girl? Loh, I think we lost as shiiit, fo' sho'" He looks around, then eats a bug.

"No, I don't know, Nevermore. Last I remember, I was shopping for a new dress. I saw a really good one, too, made of astral cloth and had real crystals of elemental fire sewn on. But that's not important now, what's important now is where I am, what I'm going to do, and this!" She holds up her am with the gem. She traces her manicured fingers over and around it. The cem is fused to her skin, and she could feel it was deep. She didn't know what it was, but she did know she had to try and find where she was.

She suddenly heard her stomach grumble, and she put her hand to it. "Hungry. Thirsty, too. Why? It's only been four hours and I ate, like...half a chicken. A question for later." She reaches into her bago of holding and pulls out a pint water bottle and a piece of journeybread. She cracks the wax seal of the bottle and takes a few gulps while she walks, and then takes a bite of the bland, but filling and nourishing stuff.
    "Yo girl, wait up!" Nevermore caws as he lands on her shoulder.

Spoiler: Things I like 

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

On the forest floor a person laid rigidly with their arms at their sides. Resting upon their left thigh, gripped with their left hand, was a sword within a scabbard. Sitting upon a finger on that same hand was a strange looking ring. It was silver looking, with a skull and ridges that swept back towards the hand. On the ground they were silent. This calm was broken by the ring, Ishi, trying to awake his partner.

"Naomi! Get up, something happened!" - Ishi, in Japanese

A spark ignited within the Makai Knight as her eyes opened and she curled up slightly before springing to her feet in one smooth action. Her eyes darted around scanning the area as she held up the ring near to her.

"Ishi, did a horror teleport us somewhere? Is this all an illusion?" - Naomi, in Japanese

"I am not sensing this was the work of a horror, though what would I know I'm an old bauble." - Ishi, in Japanese

"Not now." - Naomi, in Japanese

There came a sort of metal grunt from the ring as Naomi lowered her hand. However, quickly after she raised her arm again and pulled back her sleeve to inspect the strange gem embedded within her wrist. She could easily rip it from her wrist, and almost did. Instead she stopped just before. It could unleash something when I attempt to remove it, I'll need to inspect this further. Naomi suddenly gripped her stomach as her eyes widened in bewilderment.

"You're hungry, which is irregular for a Makai Knight." - Ishi, in Japanese

I'm hungry? I haven't felt like this since I was a child. Disgusting. For a moment she tightened her hand as the sound of leather stretching hit her ears. She looked about seeing just a simple enough forest. As a Makai Knight she knew that if there was any anger, magic, or evil nearby her or Ishi would sense it. Should she detect anything nearby she would then run towards it then stop if she became close enough to see what she was moving towards.
    On Hiatus from RP'ing
    My pronouns are She/Her, and They/Them. If it's hard to constantly switch just stick with She/Her.

Fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

As Mellaran and Naomi traverse the unknown terrain, a terrible, piercing, inhuman screech sounds out from ahead, quickly dying out as soon as it began. That’s when Naomi and Ishi sense it, the familiar presence of both magic and evil. Several different signatures, in fact. Upon closer inspection, Naomi finds a lone man dressed in dark blue robes resembling those of a priest. Dark blue with black trim, theses robes have a large mon of a crab on the back. Laying at his feet is a rapidly dying creature that radiates evil. The creature has mismatched eyes, several rows of uneven and oddly sized teeth, and brown, thick hide. Its elongated arms are bound behind its back with stone manacles –obviously magic- that are slowly starting to crumble as the life of the creature fades.

The lone man flicks a black ichor off his katana, a weapon of obviously superior craftsmanship. He slips it back into its saya and sighs deeply before adopting a meditative stance. Within moments he turns and looks directly at Naomi, his piercing green eyes scanning her appearance. Another mon is situated over her heart; crossed crab claws.

”We are not alone, stranger. Another approaches from opposite you.”

His words are obviously not Japanese, though they are close. They sounds like an odd mix of Japanese and Chinese, with a small bit of several other Asian languages. Surprisingly, even though she does not understand the words as they are spoken, the meanings become clear and concise in her head as though they were translated perfectly.

”The gem translates languages for us. No matter what language anyone speaks, we will understand it as though they were speaking our native tongues.”

As he speaks, Mellaran comes within sight of the small clearing. To Naomi and Ishi, some of her gear radiate magic. An odd raven with her seems to be magically enhanced, as well.

The man in the center of the clearing slowly shifts to the side so that he is not caught directly in between the two newcomers. ”I am Kuni Wasure.” Strangely, Naomi and Ishi sense an evil within the man. Not quite the man himself, but as if something evil has just barely began to take hold of his soul.

JuliusFreft
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

"ID Escape!" Jaymes shouted out, a familiar phrase he'd used since he'd joined the Abyss to exit illusion barriers. A bright flash of light, familiar to him, was followed by something...Not quite so familiar. He felt as though he was falling. "Eh?" The world started coming into focus. As he looked around, he took note of the very wide expanse of foliage. Wasn't I just in Fort Worth? Shrugging at the sudden change in scenery, The Gamer chalked it up as another anomaly of The Abyss and decided to trudge on.

Strangely, he felt both hungry and thirsty, and his Stamina was low for whatever reason. This isn't any good. If I find an encounter like this... Well, it wouldn't do any good to complain. Guess I should've spent more time farming skills, huh. As if reminded by the last thought, Jaymes pulls up his Skill Window, double-checking to see that his skills are all intact, before closing it and instead pulling up his Character Window, to check on if he's picked up any strange Statuses.

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

Melleran walked along the forest for a while. All things considered, it was a very verdant and beautiful place, and she had managed to pick quite a few potion reagents from the forest floor. That was when she heard it. Quickly taking out her crossbow, she readied a bolt, then cast mage armor on herself. She then advanced, gulping.

She was surprised to find it was already dead, and she saw two figures, dressed very oddly. They were human, at least they appeared so. Then one spoke. He was obviously not speaking common, but she understood him all the same. "Uh....Hi. I'm Melleran." She raises her hand in a wave, but then puts it back on her crossbow, her finger near the trigger. She is holding it at the ready, but not in a threatening manner.

Spoiler: Things I like 

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Naomi stood her ground away from the strangers while her eyes jumped to the woman for a moment. With her eyes still upon Melleran she unsheathed her weapon. The white metal vibrated for a short time after being brought out.

"State your business strange, why you are armed, and cloaked in a strange aura." - Naomi

With her sword she pointed towards Kuni.

"Kuni Wasare, I can sense darkness gripping you. Do not give in to it, when you hear the Horror call resist it. Otherwise I will be forced to cut away your Inga." - Naomi

The wind kicked through her trench coat as she spun suddenly blade in hand turning her back to Kuni.

"I don't know what you two are. If there truly are Horrors, stand behind me. I will purify them. Both of you appear to be from the Makai Order. I am a Makai Knight, I am Kamo." - Naomi

In a long flourish the Makai Knight held out her left arm and spun her blade. When the spin ended it connected with the Ishi Ring, which she dragged the back of her tachi against.

"Also put down that crossbow human, it's worthless here and only weighs you down." - Naomi

Her stance was wide as she gripped the sword with both hands. Braced for battle, Naomi was awaiting whatever was coming.
    On Hiatus from RP'ing
    My pronouns are She/Her, and They/Them. If it's hard to constantly switch just stick with She/Her.

Willshaper
    Semi realistic, and fantasy, with a pinch of Sci Fi
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

There one moment gone the next, that is what was best explained the situation Hisana Kotetsu had undergone. She had just been standing in front of the gates to her barracks. Where she would have reported on for her first day. Instead she found herself face down in the dirt and a crystal embedded in her arm, just above her wrist.

She felt around herself and breathed a sigh of relief when she felt the familiar black cord wrapped tsuba and smooth black scabbard of her sword.
    At least I'm not alone the rookie Soul Reaper thought to herself as she felt the shooting pains of hunger.

Thinking it best to find food Hisana set out. As she did she felt the distant presence of someone who like her had great spiritual power. Perhaps they knew what was going on.

"Life before death,
    Strength before weakness,
    Journey before destination."
    -The First Ideal

Fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Kuni Wasare gives Naomi a questioning -and even somewhat hostile- glance as she speaks. With a sigh he leans against the tree behind him and looks up into the forest canopy, ignoring the fact that both newcomers were brandishing weapons.

”You are quite astute, Kamo-san. Darkness does indeed grip me. Where I come from, there is a place called the Shadowlands, a land tainted by a hole in the very earth. This hole leads directly into Jigoku, the Realm of Evil. It is a very jealous realm, and it corrupts everything it touches. It desires to control all, to turn everything it touches into a barren wasteland filled with horrific and terribly evil creatures.”

He points to the dead creature on the ground. ”This creature is a minor Oni, a beast that crawled its way out from that very hole. My Clan, the Crab Clan, exists to prevent creature from the Shadowlands from entering into our empire, Rokugan. It borders the Shadowlands and claims as much of us through the Taint as it can. The Taint being the Jigoku’s grip on our soul. Many of us are sent into the Shadowlands to perish when we suffer this fate, but I was allowed to train with the Brotherhood of Shinsei. There I learned to center my soul with the universe, and to resist the dark calls of that dreaded realm.”

As he speaks, the Oni begins to rise into the air. Once it reaches about three feet off the ground it disintegrates, leaving a gem floating in its wake. The gem winks with mass amount of magical power before shooting off into the sky and disappearing. ”It was stuck here like the rest of us. There are no more of these creatures nearby.

Kuni Wasare suddenly stands at attention, his hand on his sword, and peers into the forest. ”There are more creatures approaching. I can feel them.”

JuliusFreft
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

One hand in his pocket as his other goes scrolling through his various tabs, making sure nothing was amiss, Jaymes likely wouldn't have noticed the trio had Kuni not spoken up and warned them about him. He looked up, noting that he appeared to be the source of this statement. "Oh. Hey, there. This is a really elaborate Illusion Barrier. You guys the ones who set it up?" Jaymes looked around, "Generally, I get a notification about Illusion Barriers, but strangely this one has given no such instruction. This doesn't even seem to be a special region."

Holding up his arm, he shows the gem, "And this thing is new, but it hasn't given me a new status. This some kind of new magic I don't know about? Damn, but the Abyss sure does come up with all sorts of crazy stuff these days." He looks over the three, and it occurs to him that they may be here to harvest his latent magical abilities. "Shit."

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast