Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: [M] A Conflux of the Unknown (IC)

August Member of the Month
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Reven jumps up and stretches. "Well then! Who all wants to come help me drive off the bears and claim a nice little cave for us to make base in?" He smiles and looks around at everyone. "And then from there, we can figure out how to get off this rock and back to our homes. I would kill for some hot chocolate and a bit of snuggles time with my girl." He winks at Kalindi with an awkward grin.

The old man waves off her apology. "It is fine dear, it is not often I meet someone who is not one of those infernal bandits." He pulls two squirrels out of his pack and begins to skin them and prepare them for cooking. His huge bear comes walking up to Hisana and sniffs her face, then sneezes. He makes his way back to the entrance and then lays down with his back toward Hisana and the old man. The old man speaks again, "I am Jack. What is your name child?"

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

"Okay, sir, I'll be frank. You're giving me the creeps. Bears are not a threat, however Druids are." Melleran says, crossing her arms. "Bears do not stockpile food, people do. If there is a cave full of food, and bears, it's a Druid. They aren't evil. You, however, I dunno. True, you have not openly attacked us, but you might be setting us up." Melleran cracks her knuckles and tries to be as intimidating as possible. "Now, why? Why are you so set on this one cave?"

Spoiler: Things I like 

Willshaper
    Semi realistic, and fantasy, with a pinch of Sci Fi
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

To say Hisana was not confused by what just happened would be to speak a lie, for the soul reaper was not at all used to or expecting such nonchalant reactions from the old man , she looked up only to have the bear sniff and sneeze on her. Thankfully a quick burst of spiritual pressure got anything unpleasant off.
    "Oh, ok."
    Hisana said keeping up a soft voice to go along with her harmless looking appearance.
    When the man asked her name decided it best to at least be honest about her name, if only because it would get confusing to try to remember later on.
    "Hisana, my name is Hisana..."
    Her voice trailed off for a moment as she suddenly felt a new spiritual pressure appear nearby.
    "Excuse me for a moment."
    Hisana said reverting to her normal voice as she ran out the cave.

"Hisana, one's coming..."
    The voice of the Woman echoed through Hisana's head.
    "I know,"
    There was a brief still before Hisana exited her Gigai.
    "This one feels strong, "
    "Don't worry, I got you covered, it's time anyway, "
    The woman said giggling again.
    "Time for what?"
    Hisana asked.
    "My name, Hisana. My name is..."

Hisana drew her sword as she came upon the source of the spiritual pressure. Her eyes once more alight.
    "Guide the heavens, Kazehime."
    As the soul reaper spoke her sword changed, it's blade shortened slightly and turned deep blue, around the blade itself seemed to have white clouds drifting around it. The guard charged little save for it turned light blue. And trailing off the hilt was a white chain with a deep blue fan with gold threading in wind patterns across it.

"Lets go. Kazehime,"
    Hisana disappeared for a moment and with a gust of wind the creature that had drawn her there was cut clean through, it's body covered in small cuts before just fading away.
    Hisana reappeared and sheathed her blade, now back to normal.
    "Such power...."
    Hisana said as she walked back, making sure to get back into her gigai before returning to the cave.
    Last edited by Derpnaster; 10-04-2015 at 10:33 PM.

"Life before death,
    Strength before weakness,
    Journey before destination."
    -The First Ideal

Fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

”We are on a strange planet with no knowledge of its lands or seas, and besides, there are two suns, making it impossible to tell time the old school way.” He sighs. ”With so much unknown, and the potential for extreme danger, because, I mean, how many people are here besides us? And what might their intentions be? You’d figure a nice and defensible position like a cave, and a grove of fruit, and a plentiful source of water, would be a place you would want to stay in such a situation. Would you not agree?” He looks to all the people in the group, not just the wizard.

The old man follows her tot eh entrance of the cage, watching for her as she returns. ”Well that was interesting, young lady. Not the first such power I have seen, though. There are others like you, not far from here. They are not like your type though, I think.” He wanders back into the cave and begins to shove a bunch of ingredients into a large cauldron, lighting a fire and heating it all up in a sort of stew. ”Tell me girl, do you eat? I have noted that there are some who simply do not need to eat, as odd as it is.”

The bear follows Hisana, sniffing at her sword as if curious about it. There is an odd intelligence in his eyes, a sense of understanding. The thing was probably smarter than the average bear. The old man seemed to ignore this sort of behavior from his beast.

Willshaper
    Semi realistic, and fantasy, with a pinch of Sci Fi
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

[/LIST]
    others like me?
    Hisana looked surprised at that but nodded.
    "Yes, spirits like me, spirits with power, all need to eat. Though not all spirits have power, they get along just fine with only water."
    Hisana said as she watched the old man, the bear she thought was strange. If only because her sword was not there, she was in her Gigai so the sword was not of use or even reachable at the moment,
    "Old man, do you know where we are? I only just woke up here today, and I'm rather lost."

"Life before death,
    Strength before weakness,
    Journey before destination."
    -The First Ideal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Kalindi offered an awkward smile, though her grip on her small pack tightened minutely.

"You seem to know more than we do about this place," she said slowly, watching Melleran and Reven carefully. "I think...I think she does have a point. You're making it a little difficult to trust you. I mean, I don't mind going to take a look at the cave; maybe you're right, and there's a lot of food and water and a sturdy shelter, with the only obstacle being a couple bears. Or maybe, you mean to lead us into a trap. You've been here longer than we have; it's a possibility we can't look over."

Inwardly, Kalindi cursed herself; she'd gotten carried away with the idea of fresh fruit and a spacious shelter. Trusting someone was just so easy though, and he seemed as lost as everyone else. Until he started talking. He had to have been here long enough to stumble across a cave and observe its surroundings. In contrast, everyone here had just barely gotten themselves together and finished introductions. Her eyes squeezed shut and she rubbed her forehead in frustration. It was so hard, being so clueless about everything. And being so young too; everyone here seemed older than her. What a disadvantage.

Fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

The bear seemed keenly aware, even though it was not present. He groaned lightly and walked to the other side of the cave. ”True seeing spell dear. Many creatures here try to hide their true forms one way or another. The both of us can see through yours, just as we could see through his. The two of you even wear the same clothes. You seem infinitely better than that blasted bandit though.”

He sighs. ”I am afraid we are not on the same planets we are from, not even in the same universe, though there are parts of each here. I am sure you can find bits and pieces from your old realms here on this planet. The controllers have a tight control over everything that goes on here. Nothing gets past their gaze, nothing goes home. I have been here for over thirty years now, and have since given up hope of making it to my own home. This is my home now, and I wish to protect everyone that makes it here.”

Reven sighed, and the group would realize that he had begun to back up significantly and slowly. He coughed when they noticed. ”Maybe I should just go then. I have always been better on my own. I mean, I never really had much at home. I was all alone and that was the way I wanted it.” He backed up even faster now.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910