Page 1 of 41 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Running out of Magic (OOC/Interest Check)

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Magical fantasy, x-Men/Mutant/Supernatural.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Running out of Magic (OOC/Interest Check)

IC thread here: https://role-player.net/forum/showthr...=1#post2653005

(I am looking for players, Interest and any suggestions! Post your character sheet or post/PM any questions and I will get back to you as soon as I can.)

Magic has been declining. For the last few decades, new Magi, those with the ability to manipulate the mystical energies of the world, have not been born with the regularity of days of old. Only 50 years ago, most cities, towns and villages had at least one Magi in their midst, someone who could heal, read bones or tea leaves, or at least light a candle using only magic. But times have changed.

The annual search and recruitment fairs have turned up fewer boys and girls with any talent, and the abilities that are discovered are mostly pale reflections of what came before.

On top of this, someone or something has been killing the existing Magi. Village Wisdoms, City Wizards, Witches and Sorcerers, even the wild Druids have been found murdered; some by blade, some by what appears to be wild animals and others by what can only be magic. The level and skill of the Magi does not seem to matter and a single witch has executed among a gathering of her sisters and brothers while a cabal of sorcerers was found murdered in their beds to the last man.

The Magi look to each other not in common cause but in suspicion. Where the Druids would make regular treks from their wooded areas to nearby towns to offer nature’s healing and remedies, they now barricade themselves in their wooded cities with trees and thorny vines. Court Magi, once trusted advisers to royalty and nobility, have gone into hiding. Hospitals have lost most of their healers and entire towers of mystical scholars have either locked their doors or disappeared, occasionally taking the tower with them.

The world has begun to panic and those who would attempt to capitalize on the growing chaos have appeared, selling tonics and charms with all the power of sugar water and bundles of twigs.

This situation can no longer be ignored as a natural fluctuation of magical energies and the deaths of the Magi cannot go un-avenged. Magi and the non-magical alike have begun to choose champions to venture forth and work in concert to solve both mysteries. They can only hope and pray to their respective deities it is not too late.

Spoiler: Magi Classes 

Spoiler: Characters 

Spoiler: Details Regarding Players 

Spoiler: RULES 

Spoiler: Character Sheet 
    Last edited by Crainium; 02-28-2016 at 09:59 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Interested, will get CS up soon.

Can I maybe have the villain part?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

But of course, WolvesOfWriting! Before you go through all of the effort, do you mind PM'ing a summary of the villain you have in mind?
    Last edited by Crainium; 11-10-2015 at 05:34 AM.

anything that is fantasy related
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

*jumps out of stalker bush*

Hello there! I couldn't help but notice all the work you have put into your RP! Sounds pretty awesome and every awesome roleplay needs awesome people to fill out! However sometimes getting people to notice your awesome roleplay can be hard task on it's own so why not have some help!

For example did you know that you can submit your Roleplay for Roleplay of the Week! Roleplay of the week is a great way to get your RP tons of views as well as opening it up more for people to see!

Not only that but we also have a roleplay games directory where GM's such as yourself can make a post saying how they're looking for players! That way when people who want to do an RP but, don't want too look, they can simply look in there and see your RP!

However if you really don't like those two options, you can also send a PM to any staff member requesting that we add your RP into our signatures in order to help advertise them! I look forward to seeing your RP take off and I hope to see some submissions soon

*jumps back into stalker bush*
    Made by the goddess Kicksy!
    I got an even newish newer egg! Check it out!
    Spoiler: Secret Things! 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thank you, Nnightstalker. I hope you are aware the bushes into which you have leapt are the nasty Rashvine...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A great idea, I'll be making my CS soon-ish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am rather interested in joining if you'll be gracious enough to allow me! A magical murder whodunnit plot sounds fantastic. I'll work right away on getting up a character sheet upon your approval.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Hm...I'd be interested in being a villain stabbity stabbing the wizards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Welcome, welcome! Yes, Aine, Honey&Milk and Kaptain Johnson; please post Character Sheets as soon as possible!

Kaptain, I would like to know what you have in mind for a villain, so please PM me your general Idea prior to making a full Character Sheet, if you would. I'd like to make sure it works before you go through all of the trouble of creating a character that may not work.
    Last edited by Crainium; 11-11-2015 at 05:19 AM.

Fantasy, Horror
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Hi! Would just like to pop in to say that I'm interested in joining.

I was wondering, is it possible to make a character that's somewhat connected to the villain? Like a friend that chooses to help the villain in his/her plan every once in awhile when requested, but generally chooses to stay out of the situation?

"Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly."
    Check out my art thread here! | My Tumblr

Page 1 of 41 123 ... LastLast