Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: F [M] Strings Unraveled -OOC-

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Original, Magic,
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default F [M] Strings Unraveled -OOC-

"Being human is given, but keeping our humanity is a choice"

What is the measure of humanity? How far can one go before it is forsaken? This question has been asked by scholars for centuries as magic ebbs and flows with the world's population. Every human born has a small amount of magic inside them, a mere fiber in the Sphere of Magic as a whole.

IC Thread: https://role-player.net/forum/showthr...=1#post2669610

Spoiler: PLOT 

Spoiler: MAGIC 

Spoiler: Character Sheet 

Character List

String of Death

Spoiler: Isis Feanel by Silverink 

String of Life
    Spoiler: Twyl-Clyde 

String of Earth
    Spoiler: Petram by DarkStarlet 

String of Air-
    Spoiler: Amyris-Minkasha 

String of Water
    Spoiler: Ophelia by Imperial 

String of Fire
    Spoiler: Justinian Delarosa by JayBird 

Rules

1. Expect gore, swearing, threats and other unfortunate events as the characters themselves can find their new situation less than ideal. I welcome putting Strings through the conga trauma line for character development

2. NO one-liners, I expect at least three paragraphs per post ideally more. I understand writer's block does happen, but give fellow RPer's a feast for the eyes.

3. Try to post at least once a week. Life happens I understand, if you are going to be away for a while please send me a PM granting me permission to move your character out of the way if needed etc.

4. Have fun!

5. The Setting is fantasy, do not starting around mechs etc...unless you can convince me why your magic is capable of that.

5. Have any questions or plot ideas etc, leave a comment below!
    Last edited by Silverink; 12-02-2015 at 01:30 AM.

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

Looking to get this bumped and advertised??

Take a look at the Roleplay of the Week thread! If you need a banner for a submission for RP of the Week, then check out the Banner Shop!

You can also look at the Roleplaying Games Directory to advertise your RP. Staff would be happy to help you advertise your Roleplay both here and in the RPA Tribune.

variety of them.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I might join later. It looks to have the potential to be something I would enjoy being a part of. I would probably be the fire one though and I'll see if I can get my character sheet up tomorrow. I hope you get more players as well.

The Dragon Lady
    I will try to play anything as long as I'm familiar with the premise.
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Might join later
    Stormy's 1X1 recruitment thread!
    Spoiler: Don't lie to yourself, you know you want to look. 

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

I'd like to take Life, if you'd allow me to do so.

variety of them.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Name: Justinian Delarosa

Theme Song: I see fire by Ed Sheeran ((heehee))

String: Fire. His string has caused him thus far to balk at the company of others and become a recluse. He gets angry easily and it takes a while for him to calm down. Justinian does not forgive easily if ever and when he gets upset, he has a tendency to set things on fire.

Magic: He dislikes petty tricks such as making sparks appear in his hand or touching fire without getting burned. Both can be useful of course but he would never do them for the entertainment of others he feels are inferior. He much prefers strong magic such as causing an inferno to appear around him as he walks or perhaps making a tree burst into flames at a single tough. It is a much better show of his power and will show anyone just how much greater he is than they.

Relationship with Opposing String: WIP

Appearance: Justinian is a man with long dark hair, having never cared to cut it and dark brown eyes that seem to look black in a certain light. His skin has tanned over the years of being on his own, far different from the pale man he'd once been and sometimes he tends to think of it as the fire that he'd been gifted with though it seems like a curse. His wardrobe tends to lean towards darker colors and never are they simple clothes he sees fit for peasantrs. Most are gaudy and elegant just as he likes to think of himself. Justinian stands at about 5'10 with a good physique and a posture that always suggests his dislike of crowds whenever he's around others.

Personality: Justinian as you might've guessed already, has grown haughty and arrogant in his separation from the others. He does not enjoy the company of others and when he is around people, he tends to feel the need to distance them by some large display. He used to be a warm man with great compassion towards others who was always willing to help out in any way he could. Now, that part is lost, buried under a long time of loneliness and the growing power that threatens to destroy his being. Justin now sees others as unworthy of his time and presence unless they can offer him something and he hardly thinks of anyone in such a way. He has lost the ability to truly love someone but he can not find it in his heart to care. Being alone suits him much better than the companionship of any man or woman.

Everything changed: WIP

IC Sample:

((I'll fill in that last bit soon enough.))
    Last edited by Neutrally Chaotic; 11-19-2015 at 12:58 AM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Name: Twyl

Appearance:
    A golden beauty, laced in Grecian beauty, he is like an angel, with porcelain like skin, that is pale, and snow like. His eyes are golden heaps of sun's beauty, like jewels they glisten and glimmer. He wears silken clothing, in the translucent threads are golden shimmers. He does not wear a lot of jewelry, merely a ring and a circlet. It's not as if godhood has possessed him, but not like he seeks godhood either. Godhood a compulsion the further the taint of his magic goes. He has a lithe build, hidden under layers of clothes. And stands at 5'7"

Spoiler: Twyl Face Up 

Spoiler: Swallowed by Fabrics and Obsession 

String: Life; once something that was his choice, it has now become an obsession, a compulsion. He hears and sees the ferrymen of the dead, in his dreams, in his waking life, almost simultaneously both these forces come together. He must heal and save the lives of others on an impulsive, almost obsessive whim and can no longer fight the urge or the arrogance to save everyone.

Magic:
    Conjuration, specifically the conjuration of a single weapon, named the Amiglayde.
    Pronounced: Ah-me-glay-d

Amiglayde; Mythology dictates that there was only ever one scythe, bequeathed to one individual and one individual only. Death himself, the Grim Reaper. But what if there was always two scythes? What if there were two halves of the same coin. What if there was a scythe of life as well? Bestowed, or maybe created by a maddening obsession, the Amiglayde was born. Though probably not a blade anyone wants to be healed by, the Amiglayde cannot cut through mortal beings. Instead it can only cut through the minions of Death and Hell. The ones that leech life off of wounded and fallen foes.

Up to three times per day the Amiglayde may bring another individual back to life. However, the Amiglayde consequence is that somewhere, out there, unbeknown to the user who uses it, someone else dies in their stead.

The Amiglayde is not a blade that kills, but instead a blade that heals wounded enemies. Strike an enemy down with the Amiglayde and surely watch them stunned as their wounds heal.

Though this may be the gift of the Amiglayde. To recharge its power to bring forth the wrought of death, the Amiglayde must heal an individual. And the more individuals it heals, the more it heals.

10 Minor Wounds, levels the Amiglayde up to heal major wounds, 15 major wounds levels the Amiglayde to cure all wounds even illnesses.

The Amiglayde can only kill one individual, and harm them. That would be death or the grim reaper or whomever possesses an attribute of death.

The Amiglayde is also the possession that drives its user mad. Because its the one who drives the user, not with an insatiable appetite for blood, but compels them to heal all wounded. If not listened to, it may wound or refuse to be used by the user till its need to heal is done.

Spoiler: The Blade With an Obsession With Life 

For every spell he uses to harm his enemy, the Amiglayde disapproves and does half the same amount of damage back to him.

Light Rust; This spell throws a ball of radiating light that dazzles the enemies as it dances into the battlefield. But this radiating ball of light is not to be trifled with. Once detonated into the battlefield, enemies and allies only have a few seconds to get out of the way, as the light spans a range of 30ft, and grows brighter and hotter. Melting anything in the radius field near the light. Well anything organic. It melts living material, people become a puddle of liquid blood, bones and all. Plants wilt into ash, and rocks swelter, but do not bend. This orb last for 2 mintues, as quickly as it was launched, it fades. Leaving the field hot.

Light's Judged Vengeance; Once per day for three minutes, Twyl may heal himself, by throwing all the damage he sustained back at his enemies. Which in turn heals himself from all damage. The amount of damage he does to his enemies stacks with the Amiglayde's damage towards him, but the Amiglayde still will punish him for this spell after harming his enemies.

Personality:
    To say he is not all that there would be a great understatement. It seems when he claimed a contract with the Amiglayde, it took something away from him. So much more than his own magic. It was the first voice he had ever heard that whispered to him, it was the first voice that compelled him. It spoke seductive things into his subconscious. They had never been desires no choices of his own. They had always been a subconscious desire, but the Amiglayde had different views.

Sometimes it's hard to assume who is the Amiglayde and who is himself. Unlike the others, he never wanted to break the bonds. He reached out for them, sought out their companionship. He tried to run from the madness, slowly warping his sense of reality. Warping his sense of morality. Something slowly inside of him changing. It was gradual enough for him to realize, he was losing a sense of himself.

He could barely recognize the individual, who had a love for adventure, who was curious and knowledgeable. The person who enjoyed others company. When the Bonds broke, he grew mad. Isolated and alone, with no one there, he began to watch as his own world began to grow darker and darker.

He woke in another world. Like being awake and asleep at the same time. He could see the death the way the Amiglayde spoke of it. At first they were night terrors, that broke him. Then they were day dreams, day terrors. The madness is what drove him alone. And what drove him mad was the loneliness. He sought help. Yet, there was no one there to hold onto him. He sought to rid himself of the madness, but there was no help.

Now all that is left is a sense of corruption. A world blurred between fiction and reality. Schizophrenic ideology and a desire of Godhood that might not even be his own. The reuniting of the bonds has mind licking neural chops, as it see the others as way of ascension.

Or is it really him? Does he desire Godhood?

What could he do with Godhood, but save others. But no that's what the Amiglayde wants.

Relationship with Opposing String: WIP

Everything changed: WIP

IC Sample:

How was he suppose to interpret these individuals? Was the first question that seemed to float in the back of his mind, it had been his first time outside of a personal cage, to spread wings that he had once clipped on his own ignorance. Zacarias took a moment, taking in the question Arno had asked.

"The witch," Zacarias began was a memory came back to him, "Said the Life Stones guide us to the others. I suspect then, with magic, the Life Stone will be our navigator. We simply have to follow the single. Pik, may I see the stone?"

Was he taking too much in charge? Zacarias extended out his hand, and Pik dropped the stone in his hand. What would the others say as he carried the Life Stone? Would they try to attack him? How willing were they to be working within this team?

The touch of the Life Stone was warm and vibrant to the touch. It began to glow at his touch, it wasn't so much a map, as more like a radio that blinked the closer and further it got from the other Life Stones. Zacarias pointed to rocky crags, towards a canyon.

"It's in there somewhere," Zacarias said and began to walk forward.

There was no time wasting standing around. The group could individually speak as they walked. As meadows crossed from green, flowery imprints, to becoming dryer, rockier, and unstable. Into a canyon spread an earthen shrine made from nature itself.

Years of erosion and years of migration through this path had carved it out as such. Archways of earth over ahead of them. Goats with unusually horns watched from rocky crevices, but only sunk back into the shadows.

There was an eerie silence about this place. And those with highly perceptive eyes could see in the corners, were warnings of trespassers who had tried to climb unstable rock. Skulls and bones decorated rocky shadows. Unbeknown to anyone that they had died here. Buried and forgotten by an ancient spirit of mother nature.

A much crueler queen than say any other.

The Life Stone pulsated and vibrated. It got brighter. And brighter. As they seemed to get closer and closer to the other individual stone. Long awaiting the return of its brethren.

"I believe it is in there," Zacarias said pointing to the mouth of a cave. Certainly the air and atmosphere of the caverns opening radiating magic. Almost as if the other Life Stone was calling towards the other. Zacarias wondered if the others could also feel that very feeling.

What none of them had noticed was peeping eyes through the boulders and earthen cracks. Eyes that pierced and peered like primal jewels of life. Sweeping from the mountains with a fifteen foot wing span was a bird that snatched the Life Stone into its talons. Flying directly into the mouth of the cavern.

Zacarias looked puzzled. But then looked at the rest of them. It was now that they would have to make a decision.
    Theme Song:

I asked that you did not leave. I felt it's metal hands wrapping around my mind. I asked you to not allow me to be taken, but I watched you walk away. Now who am I? Amiglayde. No that wasn't it.

Last edited by Mr.Cynic; 11-19-2015 at 03:44 AM.

Fantasy, Original, Magic,
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Glad people are taking interest!!! Very excited to start off my new RP on this site. I need to get a move on with my sheet too then.

Jay and Clyde your sheets looks great so far will add you to the potentials roster.
    Last edited by Silverink; 11-18-2015 at 11:36 PM.

SciFi, Fantasy, Parody, RL Inspired ETC.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Name: Petram

Theme Song: https://m.youtube.com/?reload=7&rdm=...?v=gpGv9Mm8Xds

String: EARTH - Petram is stubborn and prone to either swift mood changes or long bouts of silence. This leads her to being quite unpredictable and generally hard to read. She is in a constant unseen flux of change, like the world, but finds change difficult to grasp at times which can lead to sudden and swift action, normally in some form of violence. Petram tries to keep her relationships with others steady, but is often rather dense and sometimes needs the point of a situation made clear to her, which she doesn't particularly enjoy.
    Petram's string leads her to incredible destruction at times, often resulting in loss of life, which she deeply regrets. This can send her into a deep depressive state in which she becomes pretty unresponsive and cold.

Magic: Petram likes to make the ground shake and crack, to become unstable and can direct it to create large fissures and minor earthquakes. She likes big magic, and can be described as being 'loud'. Petram does have some sense of subtle magic, and can use underhanded tactics to get what she wants. In a fight, she fights dirty.

Relationship with Opposing String: EARTH/AIR - In the beginning, Petram and Amyris were friends, they spent time together, comfortable in each others presence. Since Petram has on occasion lost control when angry or upset, and caused the deaths of innocents, their relationship has broken down. Petram feels somewhat betrayed by Amyris now, yet still longs for the closeness they once shared. Though she can sense it will likely never happen.
    The distance that has now sprung up has made Petram wary of Amyris's motives, and still pains her, though she wishes for those feelings to fade.
    Petram knows that Amyris has hurt many people, and wants to forgive him, but just can't let herself get deeper into the mess that he created.

Appearance: Petram looks to be a gentle young woman on the surface, but is far stronger than she looks. She stands at 5'2 and is very slim with lightly tanned skin. She has a sweet and innocent face, and looks more like a young teen than a grown woman. She has hazel eyes and dark brown hair down to her waist. She generally wears comfortable loose clothing and sturdy boots for walking long distances and climbing mountains. She is hardly ever without her backpack, filled heavily to the brim with all sorts of items that might come in handy. Many people might say she looks like an explorer, but others have commented that she has a nymph-like other half if they see her in more feminine clothing. Her primary clothing colours, browns, greens and yellows, help her blend into her surroundings where she can and she prefers to be in the wild.

Personality: Petram is often cold and standoffish, generally frowning at everyone, but through hard work she can be won over. Once she has warmed up to you and you have earned her loyalty, she can become loyal to a fault, which can be dangerous if you should cross her. Her temper is fearsome and often irrational, somewhat akin to a tantrum at times, but her rage is unstoppable once she gets going. Once she has calmed down however, she is surprisingly gentle and childlike.
    Her calm moments are few and far between however, so it is best not to rely on getting a break from her.

Everything changed: As rifts started to form between the other Strings, Petram grew angry, not just with them, but with herself. She believed things had been just fine the way they were, why we're they all acting like they were? In an act of confused and misplaced rage, she stormed off to try and figure things out, sending ripples of her power through the area she was in, reducing much of it to dust. She was powerful, that much was clear, but not powerful enough to keep everyone together. Petram grew angry with herself, she needed to become stronger! Setting off she vowed to herself that she would become stronger than ever before, and then maybe she could force them to see that everything was fine before, that they should go back to that. In order to get that power she'd have to form a rivalry with the Gods themselves, maybe then she'd finally be strong enough. Ignoring the rest of the world she trained, forming a strange landscape far out in the ocean, a massive island where she built mountains with a breath, and tore them down again without a care.

IC Sample:

Breathe in.
    Breathe out.

The sound of the wind in the grass made old whispers rise like a stormy tide. It was not something that she wanted to think about. Memories... such horrible things. They ate away at her, and she cursed it.
    How long had it been now? She'd lost track of time. What day was it? When had she last eaten, last slept? Reality was a dream... no, a nightmare. She'd never wake up now, no matter how hard she tried.
    Sitting up slowly she gazed out over the island, feeling all the particles as they should be.
    The waves battering the cliffs, erosion like a parasite, nibbling away. The mountains, encased in ice and snow, hidden dangers to everyone who did not know where to step.
    She knew.
    A goat, a silly little goat, slipped and fell into the slumbering fissure, hooves clattering and sending echoes and vibrations into the earth.
    Too wounded to survive, it lay there, bleating helplessly, doomed to die a slow and painful death, to either bleed out, or starve.
    'SNAP'
    She shut the crack and crushed the goat.
    Sometimes the sweetest mercy is a quick death. It was kind of her.
    A cruel person will make you suffer, and this grants you more time. A kind person will end things so you don't have to suffer.
    Petram was very kind.

Breathe in.
    Breathe out.
    Last edited by DarkStarlet; 11-23-2015 at 03:39 AM.

PREACH FORGIVE ME PLEASE I BEG OF YOU!
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Name: Amyris

String: Air – Unable to satisfy solidity the curse of air has throne Amyris into cruel bouts of violent transformation. Often through the gradual extremes of his persona reaching climax, violent transitions that have consequences to the people who look up to him for guidance and to people he had wanted to call friend: the other strings.

Magic:

Aerial Rebirth - Amyris’ use of air has evolved from form to form. In his first form, he showed a lack of creativity, moving gusts. His second form, birthed from a cocoon of furious wind, sought to syphon the oxygen from all living things, hardening them into stone and mush, his actions cruel and sickening to the eye.

The third, his current form, did not explode into a new form of aerial arcane and instead ascended into a whole new entity entirely. It was gradual, whatever the second evolution was in his stages of life, was uncertain but it was a hint to the magical fortuity of the third. Thus far, each of his deaths has brought a new entity for him to become.

The Third Form;

Physiology - Transcended from human biology, Amyris’ shape has become an eternally winged youth whose very winds carry shards of hardened magic.

Transcended, his body is incorporeal, if one watches his skin long enough; one will see the scenery through him as patches of body waver in and out. It must take the strength of fire and magic. Through all things he can phase and mortal weapons shall never threaten him again, coming through him without disturbance.

Arcane Shatterstorm - Like glass, these sparkling, irregular and often jagged shaped fragments glitter and decorate his presence. Those who pass through these fields of glitter come before him wounded and bloodied, skin peeled away in serrated kisses his freckled face promises with a smile.

Waving his hand, hardened pieces of power will rush to the indicated direction, chipping away at rock and wood, eating away at hide and flesh: a sparkling tornado of erosion.

The Voice of the Wind – Amyris’ young voice is ever changeable, the air carrying soft melodies that can lull the mundane of the world into slumber or suggestion. To those of the magical quality, the other five, a roll system will be determined by the GM and will be edited here once agreed. The rolled numbers will be posted in the IC through screen pic links or other mediums to prove the roll.

Or with great harshness, syllables turn into gravitas sounds that shatter the inner workings of the ears, causing delirium, confusion and horrendous blood loss.

Air Elemental Familiar – Having lost direct control of gusts and breezes beyond the Shatterstorm, the young form has found himself paired with a familiar that is his actor of these spells. Able to throw air at the force to send horses and a dozen men flying into the air for over thirty feet. This familiar whirls over six feet tall, phases through substances, and is bound to his master by the golden cuffs he wears. These cannot phase, and can be struck with things of the mundane. Shattered, the familiar will vanish.

It is also able to take other shapes, humanoid or animal, but the golden bracelets will always be present at one or more of the shape’s limbs. Its physical strength would match that of its gale force, making the familiar’s shape shifts tremendously strong. (Four to five thousand pounds of strength)

The familiar may also be burned or made victim by other magic. It has the ability to follow complex tasks Amyris gives.

Real appearance.

Commonly used human form. Stands at 5'10'' with four white wings on back.

Commonly used animal form - Griffin.

Current Appearance: Human form.

Relationship with Opposing String: Amyris and Petram have become very distant. In the beginning, when the six became to know one another, Petram was a supportive and friendly face for Amyris. And while he appreciated her kindness, it only eased so much of his inward struggles. And her actions, the accidental uses of her powers that began to harm the general populace, put Amyris in darker spells. As much as she helped him, her actions also pushed him away, at times there had to be days where he removed himself from her so he could regain emotional stability enough to be a functional person.

Petram's effect on Amyris was questionable, retrospectively it is difficult to say if she was more of a help or a burden for the trouble Amyris: but either way he never said anything to her about it. He wanted her company.

Ultimately he committed suicide.

And when he returned, Amyris' violent and brutal actions pushed away everything and everyone.

And by his third form, he has become so detatched from Petram that it seems impossible to have their former relationship. He is not the same individual, down to a biological level, and his memory has eroded. What Petram feels for Amyris is irrelevant simply because the young man she knew will no longer return.

Appearance:

Spoiler: First Form 

The first form of Amyris was the face all six knew best. He was once a young man of 5’10’’ with a healthy male physic for a male of his stature. Though pale, his features soft, hair platinum blonde, he never carried any expression of happiness with him. Lumbering with depression.

Spoiler: Second Form 

His second self began to drift from the human, a bloodlust in his eyes and dull white wings on his back. He was once lanky, standing at six feet, a sort of mangy and wild looking phenome who drifted through the air, gliding among the populaces and peered down at the general populace in hopes of the kill. His arms were warped and stained black.

Spoiler: Third Form 

His current form is a new face is a shapely youth whose face is exotic and alluring. Eyes pierce so cruelly and wondrously with inhumane hues of light blue tinted with silver. His wings are pure white, even sprouting from golden locks atop his head.

His skin is marked with magical symbolism and golden cuffs of an indescribable metal that seemingly wavers in and out. His young stature is five foot two.

Personality:

Amyris current self is floats in the air, abrasive that he finds more kinship in his relationship with the emotions of being adrift rather than being forced to engage with the land dwelling. He is bright, and a conversationalist – only if someone can spark his interest. His friendships with others extend, mostly, as far as his curiosity.

Amyris will look for things to satisfy his mind after a time in the sky, randomly jutting himself into situations he shouldn’t, or does not belong. But his power, and his prestige allow him to get away with this frequently.

Unaware of his past self, emotional connections are the only lingering traces of his duo pasts. Thus, those who hold the crumbs of these emotional links will draw him in the easiest.

Hatred with dealt with sharp accusations and biting words. Amyris is certain of his judgments and perceptions and will harass people who fail to equally challenge them. Those who are able to overcome his intelligence, he finds a friend, until they get boring.

The greatest emotional quality about Amyris is his need to be free and unbound.

Everything changed:

When Amyris came into the spotlight, as his first self, there was always something wrong. He had the attractiveness, the power, but he could never achieve happiness. It was not because of the responsibility, the struggle of fame hood, but “Something I always had inside”. This internal sense of weighty wrongness could never be mended by the other five he had come to meet and grow to understand. Gradually he had distanced himself until finally he had committed suicide, leaving only Twyl a note of condolence.

Unware his bloodied body would find a new breath of life within its lungs, rebirth was not the absolution his soul sought. Here was where the friendships between the six began to tear apart. The second Amyris was selfish, angry and broken. As he dwindled life, sucking away its molecular air, his string of reincarnated vengeance spanned out to the loved ones of his former companions. Helbent on making their lives miserable, he fought them, slew their family members until Justinian Delarosa killed him.

Since then, reborn for a third time, Amyris has been away from the others, ignorant of his entire past with them and distracted by his juvenile whimsy.

Last edited by Minkasha; 12-02-2015 at 05:31 PM.
    Thank you MayhemsCurse <3

Spoiler: Memorable Quotes 

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast