Page 1 of 44 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] The War Blossoms (OOC)

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default [M] The War Blossoms (OOC)

This RP is rated M for mature. This RP may feature violence, sexual content, nudity, drug use, swearing, and dark themes.

Two hundred years. It had been almost two hundred years since the island continent of Taiyogen. Taiyogen had been rocked by a series of devastating wars and plagues that nearly brought the land to its knees. With provinces at each others throats the only ones who suffered were their own people. Amidst the ruins of the former governments rose the Mitsugawa Shogunate. Founded by Takeki Mitsugawa, the Shogunate spread its reach across the continent enforcing peace and restoring life to the land. While long ago Takeki died his descendants still to this day fulfill their roles as ruler of Taiyogen, with Yoshitaro Mitsugawa ruling as the current Shogun. Though many question the current state of affairs. Every generation has seen the Mitsugawa Clan's power wane. Once their armies marched in the hundreds of thousands through the countryside. Now, however, it is the local lords who have seen to wield the greatest power. Border skirmishes have broken out as territory disputes grow in number ever year, during which the Mitsugawa Shogunate has been powerless to intervene. Peace has thrived for so long yet any who have studied history know what future is in store for Taiyogen. A war is coming, a war that will rock the very foundation of Taiyogen and see it transformed in ways none within had imagined.

In the midst of the shifting winds sits the fields of Shimakawa. Many Daimyo and Clans claim long heritage lines of warriors, of poets, of travelers and heroes. The Shimakawa on the other hand are recognized not for their deeds in battle but vast rice fields. Some rule through gold, others through spear and horse, the Shimakawa's power comes from their agriculture. No matter who someone is, how great a figure they are, all must eat. Soldiers require provisions, and the people of Taiyogen are not always able to survive solely off their own land. Even the capital, Mitsugawa Palace, has been known to make requests of the Shimakawa during famines. It is on crops they live, and the Shimakawa understand this power so greatly that even their clan mon depicts grains of rice. Recently a tragedy had befallen the Shimakawa as their lord, their Daimyo, had passed on. During a ride to Gifosu land his horse tripped upon a stone and fell atop him killing him instantly. Hayato Shimakawa inherited the clan from his father without much incident from his siblings.

Hayato himself however despite his own wishes would not become the grand figure he wished to be. For Hayato was a part of the old world. A samurai through and through living by the word of the Shogun without proper ambition. No it would be the new generation of Shimakawa that would truly grow to alter the land. they themselves would have to come to terms with a difficult reality. It had been tw hundred years since the last great war, but certainties were found within it. It was possible to live as a Seijin during times of peace but people turned to Oni during with strife. Already some have given into their own wicked desires. To the East the Imadaira have been amassing a grand army, forcing any weaker than they into vassalage. By using the children of their vassals as hostages the Imadaira have ensured loyalty from their samurai and lords. Whispers abound that some day they may march on the capital, and will have to go through the Shimakawa to do so.

Beneath the many looming shadows children are growing. This stry will follow the lives of the young of the Shimakawa as they blossom into leaders, samurai, diplomats, warriors, ministers, Seijin, Oni, or even greater roles. the RP will start two hundred years after the founding f the Mistugawa Shogunate. It is then in which we will see the early lives of the blossoms of war and the events that will shape them into the figures they will some day become. When mortals will become mythical beings in the annals of history, their lives greater in spirit than any could hope. One's personal achievements are important, yet none should forget most of all the survival of their clan, their family, their people.

This RP will has been heavily inspired by the events of the Azuchi-Momoyama period of Japan. While strongly influenced by history this RP takes place within a fictional world with fictional characters. Events in the RP may be similar to those seen in history but will not exactly replicate said events nor will things necessarily play out like they did in history. My maps have been made using the Inkarnate map maker tool which is currently in beta. This is a low fantasy RP. You may have noticed this is actually very little information about the world, that is intentional. Rather than have all of the information up front like being children and teenagers growing up in this world you will be learning about it as you experience it.
    On Hiatus from RP'ing
    My pronouns are She/Her, and They/Them. If it's hard to constantly switch just stick with She/Her.

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Spoiler: Character Sheet 

Spoiler: Example Characters 

Spoiler: Accepted Characters 
    Last edited by Tolvo; 03-03-2016 at 12:33 AM.
    On Hiatus from RP'ing
    My pronouns are She/Her, and They/Them. If it's hard to constantly switch just stick with She/Her.

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

World Information

Spoiler: Clans 

Spoiler: Families 
    Last edited by Tolvo; 03-01-2016 at 05:27 AM.
    On Hiatus from RP'ing

RPA's Foul Mouthed Pixie
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Eeee I've been waiting forever for you to bring this around! Now I want to see it advertised and featured and with lots of players! GAH YES. GOOD JOB, TOLVIE. THIS IS AMAZING. YOU'RE SO BRILLIANT, BEAUTIFUL. THIS IS AN AWESOME RP. SO HERE ARE SOME LINKS.

Looks like you got a mighty fine RP going on here! May I suggest some resources down below to help spread the word about your piece of beauty?

The RP of the week as I am sure you are aware, is a resource for players to see what kind of RPs are spotlighted for the week! These RPs are featured on the homepage of RPA! Just send in a request to your friendly staff member, including a banner which you can get help with over at the banner shop.

RPG Directory is another great way to draw in more players! Head on over if you're looking to interest more players!

Last but not least, you can ask any of the staff to feature your game in their signature!

​Beautiful Nightmare

RPAs White Knight
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

I told you when you mentioned this to me a few weeks back I would be in it. So I shall get my CS up soon! I may make a second character if I am allowed to have a female character. Who doesn't like warrior priestesses?

Thank you to Alice for making my sig and avi <3

Spoiler:  

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

I'm sorry Clyde but I have you blocked. Please do not post in this thread anymore, thank you.

Thank you very much Kicks. I just wish I didn't post it when I was so tired and had maybe waited for when I wasn't passing out constantly haha.

Fox I am planning on players only having one character each so things don't get too hectic. But warrior priestesses are fine. Remember it can be a good idea to talk about character plans and work with me and others on things like family ties, relationships, etc.
    On Hiatus from RP'ing

RPAs White Knight
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Player Name: Fox Xalian
    Character Name: Ten-no Akira
    Appearance: Akira is a onna-bugeisha, for her family, as well as the resident miko, or priestess, at the local temple. As such when she is at the temple she wears the traditional Shinto priestess outfit and has a traditional fan with very thin blades along the edge, but when she is training or fighting she wears standard samurai armour, a cloth hat and wields a bow and naginata. When you look at her you would see black hair, although there is what looks like purple dye streaks through it, and brown eyes. She is a bit on the short side for her age, as well as a bit bigger around the waist and belly, giving her a flat-chested look, not that she was that big to begin with.
    Spoiler: The picture on the right 

Family: The Ten-no, or Celestial, family has ties back to the first Imperial family, or so the stories say. A very honourable family with a strong presence both in the samurai and monk classes of society. Their family alliances include the Satsuki and Tachitomo clans, as well as being part of the Shimakawa family. The Ten-no family takes their history and reputation seriously.
    Birth year: 187
    Ambitions: To help bring her family back from obscurity and back to what the stories say they were. To find the truth behind the rumours of oni stalking the battlefields and help to cleanse them.
    History:
    Last edited by Fox Xalian; 11-22-2015 at 06:14 AM.

Spoiler:  

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Character approved Fox.
    On Hiatus from RP'ing

RPAs White Knight
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Thanks Tolvo! I can't wait to see what comes of this.

Spoiler:  

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

A part of me wonders if anyone will actually have their character be born in the year 200 so at the start ofthe RP, "Okay, describe what you are doing as a baby while being held by a parent. Hmm, I dunno if that's believable for a baby, you should probably be causing more of a scene." Or just be like "Suddenly you notice, a ringing in your ear, and people around you are being loud. It's pretty frightening."
    On Hiatus from RP'ing

Page 1 of 44 123 ... LastLast