Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Good old Fantasy, with new twists.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Default Drifted (OOC)

|IC|Rated PG-13 for violence, animal deaths, and disease|Interest Check|

Spoiler: Summary 

Intro

Somewhere in the ocean there lays a single island. To those who live there it is know only as home; a place where there are few worries.

For years the creatures of the island have gone about their lives. Very rarely have they interacted across the species; preferring their own kinds. There's very little violence other than what's necessary for others to survive. Now and then, an egg will go missing or the shallow water will tint red with blood. This is the natural ebb and flow of life, and it's... a peaceful violence. Peaceful in comparison.

The night of a volatile storm would soon change everything.

Spoiler: Home - A Vague Layout 

The storm did a lot to their peaceful world. Fallen trees and lost young were the least of the animals' concerns. The ocean was churned up and reefs were torn apart. Mud, branches, and leaves filled the previously immaculate freshwater spring. Their most disturbing discovery was fragments of foreign, acrid smelling wood on the beaches. In the night, creatures had come from the ocean in boxes and they now roamed the world covered in new smells and new dangers.

Shortly after the arrival of these strange creatures came the sicknesses. Animals began to fall ill without cause- dying within three days if they didn't recover. The unspoken customs of peace were broken by predators without the islanders' moral. Territorial wars between island predators and the aliens broke out.

Some tried to coexist. Some killed each other.

Warnings of future storms thundered on the hilltops, and the ground shook with tremors. It became clear that they would have to learn to live in harmony. Otherwise sickness, distrust, and disaster would kill them all.

Our story starts the day before the storm.

So, this roleplay is going to be unique in a couple of ways. I talked about it before, in my interest check (linked at the top of this thread) to see what people thought of the idea. It has a few quirks, but it seemed like y'all thought it was worth a shot.

Now, here are some of the really quirky things about this story.

• This story will be realistic to a large degree.
    • There will be no dialogue.
    • There will be deaths. Lots of deaths.
    • There will be disease.
    • Not all animals will interact. Not all interactions will be positive.
    • There will be a plotline. But we're not here to save the world and fall in love.
    • Some animals may or may not get visited in the story very often.

Okay, so let's go over some things.

FYI
    Okay, so guys. This is not gonna be an easy roleplay. It'll be a challenge in many ways. This story will require A LOT of player interaction. In other words, you will need to participate as far as plot building goes. I'm the type of GM who likes to include her players in creating the story... So if you're going to sit back and say 'whatever you want is cool' then you're going to miss out on A LOT of opportunity to be a bigger part of the roleplay. If you're in, I want you to be all in.

Deaths
    They're going to happen, so let's talk about them. First off, I'm never going to kill of one of your characters without asking you first. If you're engaged in the plotline, then you'll know if I'm considering having a few animals catch the disease, or if we're gonna break out a fight between two groups of animals. We'll talk through whether or not we want to sacrifice an animal to the story. Please be prepared for this... If you don't want your character to die, then we can work that out. But there's a lot of enrichment to give to the story through some tragedy, so don't say no right away. Plus, a death doesn't mean you're out of the RP. There will be endless opportunity to bring in new characters.

If you vanish without telling me, and it's been more than three weeks, your character will die in one way or another. If you return to us later, you'll be welcome to create a new one.

Characters
    Each player will be allowed a maximum starting number of three animals/characters. Throughout the RP, whenever you see fit, you can bring in a new character. This will allow us to bring in characters that we might not have had the opportunity to interact with previously for whatever reason, and give us some variety to certain sections of the story. Note that some animals might go on the backburners for a while if we don't get the opportunity to interact with them much. They'll still be there, but there might be a month or two when they don't get a post, and that's okay.

There will be a maximum number of six animals a player can have at any time. There is always the option to drop one or more, and let them become NPCs, which would allow you to take on new characters. There is no guarantee you'll get an NPC back later. PM me any questions about this.

Animals
    In this story there will be two main groups of animals. The native animals, and the zoo animals. Each group will have some benefits, and some drawbacks.

Spoiler: pros and cons 

I'll allow just about anything that's reasonable as a character. Zoo animals have endless possibilities, but with the island animals you're going to have to come up with something realistic for the climate. Take note of the fact that zoo animals from drastically different climates will have a harder time surviving.

Notice that this RP isn't in a specific place. I've done this for the sake of creativity, and to remove some boundaries. Some of my animal lovers will notice I've included Dingoes... That may or may not mean we're near Australia. Just think tropical, and don't be afraid to go outside the lines a little.

Below are a few ideas for animal species. Dingoes, monkeys, birds, and ocean mammals such as dolphins will get the most interaction. This is just a suggestion.

ISLAND PREDATORS Dingoes Snakes Sharks Birds of Prey
    ISLAND PREY Monkeys Wild Sheep Birds Ocean Mammals
    ZOO PREDATORS Lions Birds of Prey Wolves Hyenas
    ZOO PREY Elephants Zebras Birds Monkeys

Spoiler: CS 

Rules

• All RPA rules apply
    • GM's word is law
    • Communicate!
      It's okay if you have to leave, or if you're going to be busy for a while. Just let me know so I don't have to kill your character off.
    • Participate
      Like I said before. This is a high-participation RP. Be ready to contribute.
    • No rudeness in the OOC
      Just don't. Please.
    • IC drama isn't personal. Keep it friendly outside of IC.
      We might all be killing each other at some point. Let's keep it lighthearted and remember we're all friends, k?
    • Drama from outside of this roleplay stays outside.
      Don't bring it here. Period.
    • Quality Posts
      There's no minimum or maximum post size. I only ask that you post with class and quality.
    • Have fun <3

Spoiler: Cast of Characters 
    Last edited by Naraness; 12-02-2015 at 08:36 PM.
    Spoiler: Clicky clicky -------> 

Little ball of fire
    Fantasy, Mature, Private....Unless you dare to get me curious...
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

RESERVED FOR BREGGO'S CHARACTERS!!!

Name: Roscoe
    Species: Dingo (native)
    Relation: Outcast
    Appearance:
    Personality: Wild and unpredictable, Roscoe is no one's friend. If the words "lone wolf" could hit home any closer, he would be one.
    Other: Kicked out for attacking pack member

Name: Tango
    Species: Spinner dolphin (native)
    Relation: daughter of the leader
    Appearance:
    Personality: Friendly and curious, Tango is all bout having fun and fooling around. She often gets into trouble with her friends and is quite a troublemaker. She is too young to truly understand all the dangers but she is very vocal and loves her pod.
    Other: Nope

Spoiler: For future play....cuz Breggo doesn't read fine print XD 
    Last edited by Breggo13; 12-01-2015 at 10:42 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

RESERVED FOR WOLFY'S CHARACTERS: Currently WIP

Name: Autumn
    Species: Wolf-Grey Wolf (Zoo)
    Relation: Brother of Snow
    Spoiler: Image of Autumn 

Personality: Autumn, is a protective brother. Will go to dangerous means to protect his sister. He is considered ambitious but can be rash in his decisions, which leads to problems.
    Other: Has a sister Snow

Name: Snow
    Species: Grey Wolf (zoo)
    Relation: Sister of Autumn
    Spoiler: Picture of Snow 

Personality: She is to curious for her own good. Has absolutely no self preservation skills and loves to go poking her nose into other people's business. When asked to keep a secret she tells it to someone in minutes, very talkative.
    Other: Has a ragged ear that was gotten from tousling with a male wolf at the zoo when she was a pup.

Name: Artic
    Species: Spinner Dolphin (Native)
    Relation: Outcast/ Alone
    Spoiler: Image Of Artic 

Personality: Artic has serious social issues. He won't communicate to other ocean mammals in any way. Shy and secretive he also can lose control of his anger for no reason, reason why he was pushed out of the pod.
    Other:

Name: Align
    Species: Black Mamba-Poisonous Snake. (Native)
    Relation: Alone and has no children
    Spoiler: Image 

Personality: Aggressive and protective of territory. Tries to bite everyone and hates foreign animals.
    Other:

Last edited by Sear; 12-02-2015 at 06:19 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I will edit this post as soon as I'm back from work with my character(s). I literally squeed when I saw I got this invite ^^

Set by the lovely Naraness

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

It's most definitely public!

Breggo- Beautiful! I love them, absolutely love them.

WoW and Adora- So glad to have you both!

Name: Elle
    Species: Dingo (Native)
    Relation: Hunter, mother; one of the more dominant females
    Appearance:
    Spoiler: Image 

Personality: Elle is strong and determined. Calculated and precise, she has very little affection for her fellow pack mates. She hunts with stealth and skill; usually taking the lead unless accompanied by an alpha female. On the occasions when young are endangered she is fiercely protective. She has very deeply engrained maternal instincts.

Other: Two winters ago, Elle lost her pup to a poisonous snake. She is now extremely distrustful of reptiles, and will even go to lengths to kill them. Now, she has a month-old pup.

Name: Kili
    Species: Dingo (native)
    Relation: Elle's pup
    Appearance:
    Spoiler:  

Personality: Playful and curious, Kili is always getting in trouble. Against his mother's urgings, he loves to explore and play with other pups.
    Other:

Name: Silvie
    Species: Gray Langur (Zoo)
    Relation: Alone
    Appearance:
    Spoiler:  

Personality: Shy, and intelligent. Sylvie will spend hours watching and following other creatures, and she's endlessly curious. She's a terrible tease, as well. Once her shyness wears off, she can become quite the trickster. Sil is a hair puller, a rock thrower, and a food stealer. She's very affectionate, however, and loves to groom other animals, even those outside of her own species.

Other: Came with another Langur from India. (Anyone can pick up this character if they wish. Otherwise, it will remain an NPC.)

Last edited by Naraness; 12-02-2015 at 06:58 AM.

Your daily overdose of cute
    Fantasy, Sify, Romance, adventure, slice of life on occasion.
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Name: Wilda
    Species: Lioness (Zoo)
    Relation: Lost and alone.
    Appearance:
    Personality: Skittish in knew places she's not overly hostile and more affectionate towards others she's not used to being along and on her own.
    Other: wilda wasn't in a zoo at first she was in a sanctuary where her best friend was a crippled hyena named Kopa. The sanctuary was becoming to full and it was Decided Wilda would be taken to a zoo where they were in need of a new female since she had no ailments and the such.

I think I'll stick with one Character until I've integrated into this new system.
    Last edited by P.K.; 12-01-2015 at 03:21 PM.
    P.K.'s character locker ~ P.K.'s word works ~ P.K.'s Idea store

1x1 = 1/5 Multi = 0/5 PW = 0/2
    Spoiler: Other things. 

RPA's Foul Mouthed Pixie
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

*coughs*

Looks like you got a mighty fine RP going on here! May I suggest some resources down below to help spread the word about your piece of beauty?

The RP of the week as I am sure you are aware, is a resource for players to see what kind of RPs are spotlighted for the week! These RPs are featured on the homepage of RPA! Just send in a request to your friendly staff member, including a banner which you can get help with over at the banner shop.

RPG Directory is another great way to draw in more players! Head on over if you're looking to interest more players!

Last but not least, you can ask any of the staff to feature your game in their signature!

​Beautiful Nightmare

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

P.K. - I love her! So glad to have you along.

Kicksy - Thank you hun!

I'll put a character list at the bottom of the OP soon to help keep things organized. All the submissions so far are accepted.

Your daily overdose of cute
    Fantasy, Sify, Romance, adventure, slice of life on occasion.
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

yay! thanks <3
    P.K.'s character locker ~ P.K.'s word works ~ P.K.'s Idea store

1x1 = 1/5 Multi = 0/5 PW = 0/2
    Spoiler: Other things. 

|Heroic|Science Fiction|Anime|Fantasy|Mature|
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

(DC wants to control a legion of monkeys...)
    *looks at Aunty Nara*

Spoiler: Theme Song 

Page 1 of 20 123 ... LastLast