Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] Star Trek: A New Galaxy (IC)

Your daily overdose of cute
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Sify, Romance, adventure, slice of life on occasion.
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Regan was quite for a moment as she recalled what she saw. "Well." She started. "Much like the ship, the prob's Praetervolium is gone, though it seems to have been picked up and information from the prob itself is missing otherwise it doesn't seem to have been tampered with." she said She was more over going to voice her concern of what she had only glanced at before being called back when the captain's outburst interrupted her, also causing her to jump.

She quietly took a step away and listened to the captain as he questioned Safira. To be fair though the prob and the Ship were of much different size, though she didn't know if that really hard a part to play. The prob being smaller might have had some left over but with out doing some deeper looking into it she wasn't sure if it just ran out or if what was left over had just been taken out.
    P.K.'s character locker ~ P.K.'s word works ~ P.K.'s Idea store

1x1 = 1/5 Multi = 0/5 PW = 0/2
    Spoiler: Other things. 

2Spooky4U
    Mostly Fantasy and Parody, and some Sci Fi
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)

T'Raan carefully listened to all that was being said, then addressed the captain's concerns. "I am not familiar with this element, but it is illogical to assume that there would even be any more in this galaxy. We may, however, be faced with many new substances that would perhaps serve as an alternative to the power source." The Vulcan picked up anxious heartbeats from around the room-- obviously the crew was worked up over this new discovery.

"Sir, if I may. This is an entirely different galaxy, and it is logical to assume that there are thousands of undiscovered races. And, like our own galaxy, some of these will not be welcoming to outsiders. I suggest we take preliminary precautions, especially with what we have learned about the probe."

and dreadfully distinct/against the dark a tall white fountain played

Art Thread
    |Ask me stuff|My Characters

Spoiler: Quotes, sets, gamertags, things to click on 

July Member of the Month
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Safira cocked her head to the side at the captain’s outburst, an amused smile gracing her features. She waited as the other spoke, reaching her hand out to gain the new ensigns PADD.

“I hoped you understood that Science isn’t precise, and that even with the thousands of trial runs anything can happen in the final run.” She muttered glancing up from the work. “Send Starfleet a message saying that our arrival went well, but we needed triple the element than calculated. Our mirror image should still be over there.” The ensign left with a nervous smile. “Captain, your outburst is very inappropriate for a man who volunteered for this job.” She sighed, “That’s why I wanted the Vulcan instead…. Captain, I planned ahead to have triple the amount needed, which saved our skins. Now, if you feel like you could have done better with the information I had, I’d like to hear your suggestion. T’Raan since the captain has most likely set a ship wide panic, one of you needs to make an announcement reassuring the crew.”

Safira glanced back to the PADD in her hands, before tapping her com-badge. There were few things she could do to remedy the situation, but she could keep the crew from panicking. The PADD showed the readings of both the ship and space around them. A female voice cheerfully replied to Safira.

“Computer, please assess the vibration shielding, and set Docking bay two at Quarantine level three once the probe is accented. Also call navigation for me.”

“Yes ma’ma?”

“Tractor beam the probe into docking bay two, send officers to the door since I have a quarantined on the bay.” Safira ordered, stretching her muscles. “Ragen, you will be coming with me to analyze the probe, before we send it back to Starfleet. We have enough to send the probe back.” Safira locked eyes with Ragen, before sitting on the control panel. “So the information I provided as our introduction has been received, that’s great. Ragen is there anything else your scans revealed?”

August Member of the Month
    Fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

“Science, in its most pure form, is about gaining a better understanding of the universe around you. You may not know the exact measurement, but at the least your process should give you the math enough to guess. However, I understand it was probably hard to get such estimates from a probe in another galaxy. For that I cannot fault you, I suppose, and since that knowledge was not easily accessed for Starfleet, I see why your calculation were off. I thank you for having enough foresight to provide enough in case of emergency, which is the predicament we find ourselves in now.”

He waits for her to be done speaking, nodding to T’Rann as she spoke. “Do as she says, T’Rann, settle the nerves of everyone else on board. I am going to go with Lieutenant Par and Ensign Regan to investigate the probe, and to discuss with her further the nature and possible whereabouts of the praetorvolium element. We cannot go home without it and I am not keen on spending a great number of years trapped in a distant galaxy.” He turns and looks at Regan as Lieutenant Par questions her.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Regan blinked as Lieutenant Par spoke to the captain, about how his outburst had been inappropriate, and wondered how should could be so calm about it. She listened to the captains response and was relived that he didn't seem to be seething, things where tens enough as it was but he was a captain keeping his cool under pressure and different odds was all part of the position. She didn't envy them, none of them actually.

"Uh, yes Ma'am." She replied when the Trill said she'd be coming along to look over the prob again. And then the question came, one she'd planned on answering early but got interrupted. "Uh... Well I only got a glance before I was called back but it looks like there's Borg technology..." She fidgeted for a moment at the thought could she venture a guess that maybe they had used some salved parts from the terrifying collectives to use in the prob? Technological marvels in some cases the thought still terrified her. "Did we use Borg components or is there another possibility?" She'd only glanced at it so she didn't know if there was any information on how it got there. If there were Borg in this space then maybe she didn't want to be here after all.

July Member of the Month
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

“You are a very observant girl ensign Regan, I did use Borg tech to enhance both the ship and the probe.” Safira’s eyes twinkled in the light, as she smiled. “The Borg Queen was happy to help with this endeavor. Captain, I don’t think it would be wise to have you with us during our examination of the probe….” Safira let her sentence drift off.

“Lieutenant Par, the probe is waiting in docking bay two.”

“Thank you, and I’d much rather be called Safira. Whatever you do, do not move the ship.” Safira glanced at T’Raan. “You should probably get back to the bridge since the captain is going with me. Keep things calm.”

Safira glanced at the three people in her “office,” before turning off the station. It was time for them to head over to the probe. She walked out of Engineering, and to the docking bay.

Spoiler: Docking Bay 

Spoiler: Bridge 
    Last edited by AngelFire; 02-04-2016 at 03:46 AM.

Fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

The Captain stared into Safira’s eyes. Calm. Cool. Collected. “I do hope that is a joke. I would rather not have Borg lending us any type of technology. That’s like asking to be assimilated. Borg tech is fine, but not from an actual Borg, especially not the Borg queen.” He followed her into the Docking Bay, regardless of her desires. Standing to the side he watched as they checked the probe.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Regan found herself a little nervous, agreeing with the captain, she sure hopped it was a joke and they had used components they had scavenged... or something. She followed the Captain and the Trill, ducking past the guards, one of them she knew from starfleet and he no doubt recognized her but she didn't want to catch up, ever.

Once inside the docking bay she looked at the probe through the containment shield before watching Safira pass through it. She moved over to a station to patch back in and take a deeper look into the prob herself. There was that patch of data missing, maybe she could try and recover some of it and see exactly what was taken.

July Member of the Month
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Spoiler: Docking Bay 

Spoiler: Bridge 

Fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Captain Anlon stepped out of the Docking Bay, taking a tricorder with him, and settled himself off to the side of the door. Clicked his combadge he says, ”Bridge, scan the surrounding space for any life signs. Be very in depth about it, but do not move the ship. We do not want to convey any hostile intentions. Nor do we want to scare anyone else away. Update me as soon as you find anything.” He took a moment to pause. ”Computer, run a quick diagnostic on Docking Bay two. Scan for life signs. Make sure the scan includes all possible forms of life, not just carbon based ones. Send the information to my current tricorder.” He entered a few commands to his tricorder so the ship knew exactly where to send the information, stepping back into the room and looking once ore to view the odd shadow phenomenon. ”Ensign Regan, how is the probe doing? Find anything useful?”

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast