Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sanctum (IC)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Sanctum (IC)

The docks were busier than most day this morning. Three ships had docked in the last 4 hours.

There was shouting and arguing as Merchants peddled their goods. One of the ships was a Rhetkin Merchant ship, no doubt with shipments for the Rhetkin shops and businesses that plagued the Sanctum’s former commercial district. They seemed to be the only ones that had cubits these days. Another ship was a ship filled with refugees from Goritien. There’d been several Gorian ships filled with them over the last month. Apparently the Batalha Empire had invaded them a year and a half ago. From what was said they barely put up a fight. Thousands fled all over, many were now ending up here.

The Batalha Empire was about the only thing that survived the Civil war, if anything the Civil war strengthened it. Batalha never liked being under the Imperium, and once the war broke out, they took it as an opportunity to rebuild its once great empire. From what little news got to Sanctum, it sounded like they were succeeding.

The third ship was a supply ship. They came in every few months from planets that still held some allegiance to the imperium. Along with them, came missionaries, who came from planets mostly unaffected by the civil war. They had no idea what the people in Sanctum had suffered, and they had no idea how to survive. In a week or two, they’d be chewed up and spit back. They’d decided they’d had enough and flee back home. They go home and spread the story of what good people they are, and the poor souls out there in Sanctum but in their heads they’d be thinking a hellwhole like that isn’t worth saving, better to let it burn.

Doctor Sargon was at the docks today, He usually avoided the place as much as possible. He’d finally been able to get an order for some more medical supplies. He should have known better than to trade with Rhetkin traders, they’d taken half the payment and then told him they’d gotten a better offer. It wasn’t even the first time this had happened to him. It was more like the fourth or fifth but unfortunately there wasn’t any other option.

“YOU JUST DOCKED! HOW THE HELL DID ANYONE BEAT ME TO IT?!” He’d gotten over trying to discuss morals with the Rhetkin. At this point he was just in awe at how well they could con him. They’d of course tell him who had his supplies and then expect him to find them and pay an even higher price than he was originally paying. He didn’t know rather this was a con the original merchant was involved in or if someone else just had something against him but their plan always worked.

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Supernatural
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

(Guess I'll make my entrance)

-Gex slowly scanned the "new" inventory as, yet again, a fresh influx of garbage came off the ships. Garbage was even a nice overstatement in most cases. The only things he ever looked for were news and parts and that was pushing the limits for most of these crooked merchants. He fingered the old kinetic weapon at his chest, wondering yet again why he didn't just take one of these ships and return to Kirator himself. Probably all the hired mercs, like himself, guarding them.-

"This radio is useless to me, I said LONG range."

-He picked up and tossed the joke of a radio, long antennae being the "range", over his head. It hit the ground, bouncing once, and landing near Doctor Sargon and his negotiations. A seemingly violent argument ensued quite suddenly, between Gex and the peddler, and only ending when Gex landed a solid blow to the poor beasts head. The peddler dropped like a stone and surprisingly no one else moved to involve themselves. Although the hired goons did step up and make mean faces at him. At least that's what he thought they were doing.-

"Teach the crooked fool to swindle me again."

-With that, Gex turned, half waiting for a bullet to the back, and walked toward where the part had landed. After all, he HAD paid for it. Least he could do was try to resell it. Target practice sounded like a good option too.-

Hey look, I shopped a signature thing.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Ten lingered by the open doorway. It was something of a notable event, as she was known to be someone who did not linger, remain or otherwise dillydally in one location too long. Those who did often found themselves dead, their lives ceased, shuffled off into a dark ally where they could easily be ignored. But the smell always lingered. After a good 12 years of her life of putting up the stench in the city, she was rather an expert at what it took to be not dead (her arm excluded).

But, today she lingered. Hopefully it would not be a fruitless endeavor (she never had fruit before, however, and had no idea why people thought anything good had to have fruit in it as she getting along perfectly fine without it). For she had a rare moment of free time, and there was someone she wanted to see.

The clinic across the street was buzzing with activity as usual, the sick and injured filing their way in like a procession of sleepwalkers. They were of all sorts of races and types, but each of them had them same sort of dead look in their eyes. Or so she thought. All the people who lined up at this time were there to get some sort of fix or another, more like corpses than real people.

There was no more postponing it. Ten heaved a mighty sigh before darting away from where she stood into the shambling line of people. There were a few protesting shouts from some, but she made her way quickly enough through them before they could act on them. Once inside, she took a brief look around before feeling a flutter of disappointment in her chest. A voice from within the clinic only confirmed what she suspected.

"The Doctor's at the docks today. You want to let 'em know you stopped by?" A tired sounding voice asked from behind one of the desks. Ten looked up briefly, taking in a worn looking woman-- but with very much alive eyes. She hesitated a moment, before shaking her head and vanishing once again. After all, she was not one to linger.

There was still plenty of time (well, plenty off minutes) left on her break. And she was not one to waste time. To the docks it was.

Thanks Nara and Karma for the wonderful Avatar and Signature set!

When all else is gone, the bones always remain...

Spoiler: VAIDIA'S CHARACTER THEME SONG WORKSHOP 

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

It was early in the morning, a young Rhetkin woman walked along the docks with four men, two of them were Rhetkin like the woman and the other two were human. The two Rhetkin men had dark black skin a contrast to their fair hair, the human men looked to be related both having bright red hair. They walked up to a large warehouse stopping at the door one of the human men reach out to open the door for the woman but found it locked. He looked to the woman who nodded causing the human to step aside and one of the Rhetkin men step forward kicking the door open. Two of the men entered the warehouse first followed by the others. As they entered the woman looked around noticing a fair amount of mossy looking plants in beds through the warehouse. She glanced around not seeing anyone inside. “Quentin your payment is past due.” She shouted into the warehouse her voice thick with a harsh sound to it.

The only reply was a loud echoing bang that rang through the warehouse. She and the men with her ducked to the side dodging behind several large crates as several more bangs sounded off and sparks bounced off the metal floor where they had been standing. Each of them drew a gun and began returning fire in the direction the bangs had come from. The group exchanged fire for several minutes before whoever attacked them stopped shooting. “Harrison, Jarun flank left.” The woman said looking to one of the Rhetkin men and one of the humans. “Nestor, Loran go right see if we got that bastard.”

“Yes Kavi Sigrid.” The men said nodding then following her instructions.

A moment later Harrison shouted out, “We got him Kavi. He's still alive.”

Sigrid placed her pistol back in it's holster then walked across the room to where her men stood standing over a human male with sunken deep brown eyes and messy blonde hair. He was laying on the ground wounded in the shoulder with a rifle several feet from him, Jarun with his foot on it holding the rifle out of his reach. “Quentin three weeks past due and you shoot at us? Has the Yorune finally rotted your brian?” She said referring to a drug made of Yorune moss, the same moss that was grown in this warehouse.

“A momentarily lapse in judgment Kavi please forgive me.” Quentin stammered looking between the woman and the men with her, both Loran and Nestor still holding their pistols aimed at him.

The woman knelt down next to Quentin forcing him to look at her. “A very poor decision. Now what to do with you?”

“Kavi,” Loran said gesturing to her right arm noticing there was a trail of a bright blue substance flowing from the sleeve of her coat and a tear at the bicep. “I think the idiot hit you.”

Sigrid looked down at her arm then stood letting go of Quentin as she stepped back taking her coat off wearing a black tank top under it and revealing a gash on her arm where it looked like a bullet had grazed her. “Very stupid indeed.” She said taking her scarf off and handing it to Harrison who wrapped it around the wound slowing the bleeding. She would need treatment but this would work for now. “Normally it isn't very efficient to kill debtors but every so often an example must be made.” Before Quentin could respond no doubt to plead for his life Sigrid drew her gun and fired a shot hitting him in the head. “Hang the body outside and have a team come later to collect the plants.” She said then walked to the door, Harrison and Nestor grabbing the body as Loran and Jarun flanked the woman. Outside Sigrid kept walking toward the docks as the two humans began stringing the body up. Across the road two law keepers briefly looked at them then turned down an alley walking away from the scene. Sigrid had a number of what was called the law on her payroll. She looked up at a ship landing in the docks noticing it was of Rhetkin make and started walking to it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A short while later another Rhetkin woman looking very similar to the one in the warehouse stood in the hanger of the Rhetkin ship a clipboard in her hand as she went through the goods. A Rhetkin man with the same sharp features as the woman stood leaning against the wall as two catlike Gabi moved goods from the warehouse to a truck that was parked on the docks guarded by a couple Rhetkin men. One of the Gabi, a female reached to pick up a box of medical supplies but the woman stopped her, “Kirshon, I didn't order this.” The woman said tapping the box with her pen her accent thick like the other woman but more melodic then harsh.

“Hmm?” He said walking over and looking at the lot number not seeing it on his list either. “Not on my list either Kavi Sinmora.” A younger Rhetkin looking to be about fourteen walked in from the truck meaning to pick up another box and take it outside but was stopped by Kirshon, “Drashon what is this? Kavi Sinmora didn't order it.”

“Oh yeah some human doctor did.” Drashon said picking up a crate and throwing it on his shoulder. “Figured you could make a few extra cubits off it his deposit was worth more then the kit.”

Sinmora frowned looking down at the box then over to the boy, “Drashon ask me first next time.” She said then looked to the Gabi woman, “Put it in the cab of the truck.” The Gabi woman nodded then walked off.

“Sure thing Sinmora, whatever you want.” Drashon said meaning to continue loading supplies but Kirshon smack him across the back of the head.

“Kavi Sinmora.” Kirshon corrected glaring at the boy, “We may share her blood but she is still a Kavi.”

“Forgive me Kavi.” Drashon said bowing his head and walking off.

After the truck was loaded Sinmora walked over to it noticing Doctor Sargon shouting at one of the Rhetkin merchants. She frowned again and picked the box of medical supplies up walking over to him. “Doctor Sargon. I don't recall ordering any medical supplies.” She said holding the box out. A short distance from them she heard a woman scream and looked over to see an off world missionary jump back as Sigrid walked by growling at her and barring her fangs before laughing at the missionary's fright. Sinmora shook her head at her sister then turned back to Doctor Sargon ignoring Sigrid even when she stopped next to them, “I believe this was loaded with my goods by mistake.”

Sigrid grabbed Sinmora's arm as she started to hand the box over and glared at her for a moment, Sinmora staring right back at her. A few seconds later Sigrid shrugged then let go. “Sargon will you be at your practice later?” Sigrid asked gesturing to her arm, “Might need you to patch this up.”

“What happened this time?” Sinmora asked.

“Had to terminate dealings with a client.” Sigrid said shrugging again as Sinmora only shook her head.

Another round of bullets hits my skin. Well, fire away
    Cause today, I won't let the shame sink in. We are bursting through
    the barricades and reaching for the sun.

We Are Warriors

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sargon just barely got out of the way as the brawl between Gex and the Rhekin started. He knew Gex, he'd patched him up a few times over the last several years. He knew it was best to stay out of his way. The brawl, if it could be called that settled down quickly. Sargon was going to call his feud with the merchant quits when Sinmora addressed him. He raised an eye brow at the merchant with a small smirk.
    "Really? Is that so?"
    "There must have been some mistake. Sorry Doctor." The merchant, now red in the face apologized quickly. With that said the merchant went off to deal with other matters. Sargon was about to thank Sinmora, when Sigrid joined them. He didn't say anything as the sister's exchanged glances. They seemed to disagree over the kind gesture.

"Thanks." Sargon thanked her after Sinmora apparently won the argument. He smiled kindly to her. A smile that quickly faded when Sigrid addressed him, a slight expression of distain on his face. He glanced at her wound.
    "Sooner better than later." He almost ordered. "I'm guess I shouldn't be expecting your former client in my clinic later?" Sargon put up with what the Rhekin called business but he didn't approve of it, and he made no attempt to hide it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

-After having retrieved the battered piece of tech, Gex looked up and noticed the Doc and what passed for authority, the gang owning sisters, carrying on a conversation. From what he could catch of it, seems a small mix up of invoicing had happened. His recently adopted habit of grinning displayed itself as he walked up to the trio.-
    "... former client in my clinic later."
    -Seems another failed protection payment has been taken care of. Not something he usually agreed with, unless the payment went to him to slip the offender out from under the gun. Business wasn't too great lately. He chimed into the conversation, invitation assumed.-
    "Not if the usual practice holds. What was it this time? Box him to his neighbor? Hanged by the feet with throat cut? It's always flashy. Ah, well I guess whoever it was got even worse for that little parting gift."
    -His youth was speaking for him at this point, enjoying trying to provoke the two prominent Rhetkin by pointing out the obvious wound. He eyed the two and the box of supplies.-

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

The Docks were bustling as always. People shouting, slobbering and otherwise strutting about-- some more than others on all counts. As was expected, there were guards near the entrances to the expanse known as the docks. They were designed to keep those who did not have business there out (like herself), and to intervene if the haggling and 'trading' got too intense (like most the people already there).

For her to enter was a quick exchange between the two burly humans serving as guards, they first asking for her traders license, which was quickly translated into a request for bribes. After a series of nods and head shaking (on her part) and some thickly accented common (on the humans' part), she managed to work them down to a 'gold' plated trinket (manufactured junk she carried around for just this reason) and a strand of her hair (something less of junk).

The noise of the port only grew as she began to weave herself within it. The sounds became less of a murmur and more of a roar, the once quagmire of voices becoming a melange of conversations and languages. But soon enough, she heard the one voice she was looking for, speaking in indignant tones. She quickly scurried away from the forest of people, climbing up onto a stack of cargo crates and looking out into the crowd. A moment later, she spotted who she was looking for.

Ten was gone a moment later from the crates (again, not lingering), vanishing before the owner of them could even form a protest on their lips. She made short work of the crowd, before coming up behind where the one she was to meet was. The doctor.

Only, he was not alone.

There were three others standing with the man. Each of them she recognized, whether through personal infamy or personal encounter. She held back from entering there sights, waiting a moment. Thinking if it was best to make a scene. Lingering.

"Oi! What do you think you are up to!" A voice. Smooth but cruel. Rhetkin. Followed by a hand that attempted to grab her. Ten darted away, swinging her (right) arm up to break contact with whoever was grabbing her, at the same time staggering back. The move was a success, in that she was free (the one trying to catch her was cursing in pain). A failure in that she had stumbled right into to the middle of the ones the Doctor was meeting with (this was going to be bad for her pay).

The girl paused a moment, before turning to look up to the human man. Indistinguishable in identity in her rags and googles, but knowable by the quality they had. "Doctor," Ten said quietly, looking up at him, before making her way (slowly) behind him.

Thanks Nara and Karma for the wonderful Avatar and Signature set!

When all else is gone, the bones always remain...

Spoiler: VAIDIA'S CHARACTER THEME SONG WORKSHOP 

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Sinmora and Sigrid watched as the Kiran mercenary inserted himself in to their conversation uninvited the later scowling at him. When he mentioned Sigrid's practice of displaying those that were made example of Sinmora frowned, it was a conversation the sisters had often. Sinmora didn't like the image it gave the Syndicate making them out to be little more then thugs. Which wasn't entirely off mark but she was trying to change their image. While Sigrid maintained that it struck fear in others and reminded people what happened if they crossed them. Sinmora glanced over to her sister seeing the other woman glaring at the Kiran as her hand moved to her pistol.

Sinmora handed Sargon the box then reached out discretely taking Sigrid's hand in hers. “Sorry about the mix up.” Sinmora said to the doctor ignoring the Kiran's comment. She knew who he was and he was a skilled fighter. She was sure Sigrid could hold her own but no doubt Sigrid's guards would join in the fight. One of the agreements she had with the Arcadian Syndicate was the docks remained free of conflict when Rhetkin ships docked. Having her sister start a brawl in the port of a Rhetkin ship would not fair well with their superiors. When their mother was killed it had taken quite a bit of persuasion to convince the higher ups to allow them to run the Sanctum Division instead of another family being sent in something that still could happen if they weren't careful. Sinmora had intended to guide Sigrid away from the mercenary but they were interrupted by a small figure falling between them nearly knocking into them.

The figure shuffled behind the doctor hiding behind him. Sigrid looked curiously at the girl then pulled her hand away from her sister pointing at the girl. “Sargon, you shouldn't let children run around this part of the city unchaperoned there are all kinds of low lives and thugs here.” She said directing the end of her comment at the Kiran causing Sinmora to tense again until Sigrid smirked then threw her good arm around her sister's shoulder relaxing some. “I'll stop by your clinic after we get these supplies home.”

Another round of bullets hits my skin. Well, fire away
    Cause today, I won't let the shame sink in. We are bursting through
    the barricades and reaching for the sun.

We Are Warriors

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sargon glared at Sigrid as she commented on Ten's presence. "can't wait." He spoke threw his teeth at her as she said she'd be at his clinic later. He hadn't said a word or even looked at Ten through the whole encounter, rather more playing the unmoving protective wall. Once the Rhekin sisters were out of ear shot he turned to her.
    "They are right though." He spoke to her. Sargon tended to walk a very tight line with the Rhekin and other's like them but only cause he knew he could. Ten didn't have that luxury of getting on power people's bad side. He was actually surprised Sigrid decided not to make one of her special examples of Ten, perhaps because he was standing between them. "You should be more careful." Sargon in a way had kind of adopted Ten as his. He cared for her more than anyone else, though he cared for most people more than other people did. He had the tendency to father her, he wasn't always sure she appreciated it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

-Gex scoffed and mumbled something just low enough to hear, should anyone pay attention.-

"Lowest life around trying to talk down on me."

-He trembled slightly, his scales making a light noise. Almost as if he were shaking a bag of metal bits. This was the Kiran way of laughter. He hadn't picked up many alien practices and he didn't find the strange loud laughing Humans did a worthwhile endeavor to learn. It only seemed to scare things when he tried it. He stopped, watching as Ten whirled into the group and quickly moved behind the Doc, followed by an irate, cursing Rhetkin.-

"Hold on there friend."

-He turned toward the Rhetkin, ignoring the group, and momentarily, and unknowingly, showing his exposed side to the sisters. His hand moved to the two feet of stunmetal at his side and he eyed the Rhetkin threateningly.-

"Get lost or I make an example out of you, you know who these to are?"

-A simple thumb toss behind him towards the sisters was all he made.-

"Well they are my clients and they said no interruptions while business was happening."

-He turned back to the group, not caring for the reply. He seemed to notice Ten again and held out the useless radio to the Doc. Maybe he could get Ten to fix it up for him and make use of it. He surely didn't need it. He grinned at the sisters as he finished all this.-

"Thug I may be, but I at least know the children. I'm barely into adulthood myself, but you would know that if your little gang wasn't so scared of finding out about me."

-He couldn't help but attempt to taunt the leaders, his blood still hot from his dispute and now from intimidating the pursuer. His youth was in full force, only matched by his confidence.-

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast