Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Beacon of Hope: A RWBY themed RP.

Willshaper
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Semi realistic, and fantasy, with a pinch of Sci Fi
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Default Beacon of Hope: A RWBY themed RP.

banner produced by .Κάρμα.

The world of Remnant a dark and dangerous place for man. Beset by beasts of pure fear and dread on a nearly daily basis. Man had had to adapt, to change, to seek power greater than himself, all in the name of survival. That power came in the form of Dust, a strange little crystal that reacts to the power of one's soul. With this new power, and the intelligence to harness it, man fought back against the beasts, and for the first time. Won.

Now, as the world settles from the memory of a dark past, huntsmen and huntresses keep watch over it. Working both in the open and in secret, keeping the world safe from that which they do not wish to see.

Every year hopeful students arrive at academies such as Beacon to pursue their dreams of becoming full fledged Huntsmen and Huntresses, the vast majority of them having trained at combat schools for years just to pass the rigorous exams each academy requires just to enter. What will become of these students is unknown at first. But if they pull together, stick by their team, and listen to their professors. They'll turn out all right.

Welcome to the world of Remnant, from here on you will step into the role of Huntsmen and Huntresses in training. You will face many challenges and might even come close to dying several times before you graduate, but if you hold true to yourself, and your team then you'll do just fine.

However, this is not a role to be taken lightly, as you grow and train to fight the darkness that seeks to destroy humanity you will have to yourself come to terms with the darkness within yourself. If you cannot do that, than you cannot possibly hope to face the dangers that threaten us all.

That is all, now go and prepare yourself, You have an imitation to finish before classes can even start.

In this RP all of us will take on the roles of four new students attending Beacon. One of the four Academies that train the next generation of Huntsmen and Huntresses, the elite warriors of the world who serve and protect humanity from the darkness that seeks to destroy it. Of course I'm not going to just throw you into the world without telling you anything. Following this paragraph I will add several useful tidbits of information about the world and how things work.

Spoiler: The World 

Spoiler: History at least some of it 

Spoiler: Culture 

Spoiler: Dust 

Spoiler: Academies 

Spoiler: teams 

Spoiler: Aura 

Spoiler: Grimm 

Character Creation.

As I stated in the initial check. I will not be playing this as a first come first serve.
    Including myself there will be only FOUR slots, meaning that only THREE other players can become students, unless of course you can drag enough people to form more than one team.
    but until then there will be only three spots open to the public.

In order to get a spot you must submit your character sheet along with a detailed RP sample that is done in the spirit of the trailers for the show, think of it as a chance to brag about your skill as a writer and to display how awesome your character is.

Weapons
    In the true spirit of RWBY I would like weapons to be a little over the top, but also totally original. Most of the time a huntsman or huntress will forge their weapon long before they enter an academy, and it is that personal connection to their weapon that makes them so dangerous with it.
    So go nuts, if you want a pair of numchucks that shoot dust powered lasers, go for it.
    a giant cartoon boxing glove that explodes? good luck but yes even that works.

Semblance
    Keep these unique, I don't want to see something copied from the show, though since some may not have seen it I am willing to work with candidates for this one.

Character Sheet

Spoiler: so you can just copy it easier 

Accepted characters:
    Due to recent changes I am willing to accept NO MORE sheet. Though you will have to act quick because of pressing need these sheets will be first come first serve with my scrutiny going into it.

Spoiler: Team _._._._ 

Spoiler: Outside Character 

On a final note I will be the one to determine who the team leader is just as Ozpin would, as well as the team name

Spoiler: sample characters 

Spoiler: Useful Links 
    Last edited by Derpnaster; 03-06-2016 at 06:39 AM. Reason: Minor fixes (Autocorrect is fun)

"Life before death,
    Strength before weakness,
    Journey before destination."
    -The First Ideal

RPA's Foul Mouthed Pixie
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Eeeeee I know a lot of people would be interested in this! And I think you should totally advertise it!

Spoiler: Resources 

​Beautiful Nightmare

Sci-Fi, fan-fic, really just whatever catches my eye
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Well, I got an idea for a character. Hm, Derp, what are you planning on using for your character's weapon(s)?
    War...war never changes.
    A Wanderer always walks the lonesome road at some point. always
    You want to see my army? Come take a look....
    Hey look, I got a card!!
    Can you face the Gathering Storm?
    Spoiler: The Undead Pledge 

Spoiler: The way of the Warrior 

Willshaper
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

A rifle, straighline type with detachable magazine, no transformations but the grip and part of the buttstock and upper are a pistol and shrotsword respectively.

The primary color is green.

"Life before death,
    -The First Ideal

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Ok, so none of the weapons I have in mind are similar to yours. That fills the Range/Melee role. Hm, Tank/ranged or full Melee?
    War...war never changes.
    Hey look, I got a card!!

Willshaper
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

I'd like to leave that a surprise, Fill out a sheet and we'll see.
    Last edited by Derpnaster; 02-08-2016 at 05:14 AM.

"Life before death,
    -The First Ideal

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Name:Purphoros Theron

Race: Human

Spoiler: Physical Description 

Aura Color: Dark orange

Emblem: A pair of daggers, crossed pointing down over a buckler shield

Semblance: Purphoros's semblance is what he calls 'Overclock', which allows him to multitask to a large degree, letting him control his sword-fighting, gatling gun, and think of strategies to counter current combatants. Anything pass three simultaneous thought process running however, will start to drain Purphoros's Aura reserves at an alarming rate. As such, during combat he will only ever Overclock to 3 lines of thought. Outside or in a very desperate situation however, Purphoros will ramp up the Overclock. Has a faint orange outline whenever he activates his semblance, and his head becomes much warmer.

Weapon name: Jack the Ripper and Gatling

Weapon Description: The Motorized Chainsaw Sword (MCS) is as the name says, a chainsaw sword. Because why not. The sword is in the shape of a regular one handed short sword, and has been treated to make it extremely damage resistant. The teeth on the chainsaw portion are made of a blend of normal steel, Dust to increase cutting power, and titanium on grade for ship battle plate. Purphoros named the MCS 'Jack the Ripper', or just 'Ripper' or 'Jack'. Like the BMAT, the MCS is prone to overheating, and must be revved only when a strike is about to land or seem like it.

On Purphoros's back is his second weapon's housing. Its a metal backpack with two things. One is enough 5mm ammo for a small army, and the other thing is the turret that uses said ammo. The Back Mounted Auto Turret(BMAT) is what it says. The housing of the turret is located on the back, allowing for full coverage for Purphoros. The turret fires at an extreme pace, able to put out a hundred rounds every second. The downfall to the BMAT is it is prone to the barrels overheating, causing the turret to fold back into its housing. Purphoros has named the BMAT 'Gatling', as all of his creativity for his weapon naming went into his blade.

Trailer:

Another day, another round of testing. Well, lets see what the lab tech cooked up this time, he though as his helmet lowered on onto his chest plate, seals locking the helmet in place. Once the last part of his armor was on, the cyborg moved towards the only other interesting part of the room besides the armor rack, the weapons rack. There were two items on the rack, a seemingly normal looking sword, and a backpack. Grabbing the blade and putting to his waist, and attaching the pack to the slot on his back armor, Purphoros moved to the door, ready to take on whatever test the lab techs would throw his way. Well, anything but Ironwood. Man is pure BS having the augments he does and still able to move so fast the younger cyborg thought as he saw the testing chamber.

A 50x50 foot square room, with cover in a rough circle on an elevated position. Ok, so hold the hill. How many knights are going to be sent my way?. As he walked to the hill, Heliod received a message on his HUD. The General, Beacon's Light, and the Heiress are watching. No Overclock. Do not disappoint us Purphoros it read.

"No pressure at all," he muttered as he stood on the hill, weapons out and at the ready. At the sound of a horn, four doors, one on each wall, opened up, and an army of AK-130s poured out and came to stand at attention. It was close to 300 of the robotic defenders that were ready to fight.Well, 300 Ak-130s and no Overclocking. This is gonna be fun. A three second countdown could be heard, and the 130s all switched to melee weapons. Purphoros responded in kind, having Ripper deploy it's teeth, and Gatling slowly started to spin, getting ready to unleash hell.

When the timer hit zero, Heliod unleashed the lead, spraying with Gatling in short burst to try and clear out the 130s moving into his front and back, but there were too many, and Purphoros had to make it clearer ground, or make clearer ground. As the AKs closed in, Heliod started to swing with Ripper, cutting through two or three AKs per swing, but one man against 300 machines was never going to be a flawless win.

The AK-130s closed in, landing hits as Purphoros tried to smack them away or cut them down, Gatling having entered a cool-down state leaving the cyborg with only his blade and armor. Slash, block, stab, roll back, kick, repeat. On and on he went, the kill count slowly climbing, the damage to his armor climbing just that little bit faster. Gatling would pop out on occasion to help, but the weapon overheated to fast to help ease the tide.

Eventually, Purphoros finished the last Knight, just before his armor systems suffered a total failure. That was cutting way to damn close. I need to make a better cooling system for Gatling.
    Still, with the fight done, Purphoros gave a salute to where he thought the observation room might be, before walking towards the doors he came in to head to the workshop. He would need a fully tune up on his armor before he went to Beacon, both on his civilian and combat sets.
    Last edited by Thelonewanderer; 02-10-2016 at 01:52 AM.
    War...war never changes.
    Hey look, I got a card!!

Willshaper
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

So being honest I don't see how his Semblance works well with his weapons or what appears to be his personality, it feels more like you were just trying to fit something there. I'd also like to know how his name relates to a color because I don't think of orange when I read it.

I do like the character, and I feel he could fit in the RWBY world, but right now he just feels like an angry half robot.
    Last edited by Derpnaster; 02-09-2016 at 04:11 PM.

"Life before death,
    -The First Ideal

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

On color, yeah, its more of a relation to white than orange, as the name was the Sun God of Theros, one of the more recent sets in MtG, and was Mono-White, so no orange, but I have an idea for a name that's closer to orange. I mean, red is close, right?

On the semblance, yeah it doesn't fit, but it was an old concept for when i first made the character close to when RWBY first came out. Though I think I 've got something better.

Edits are under way. Also, where did you get the angry part from?

EDIT: And the edits are done. Switched the name and Semblance.
    Last edited by Thelonewanderer; 02-10-2016 at 01:54 AM.
    War...war never changes.
    Hey look, I got a card!!

Willshaper
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Now it makes more sense. I'll hold off until more join to decide who gets in.

"Life before death,
    -The First Ideal

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast