Page 1 of 15 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Reality Bites; Revamp [Rated M - OOC]

My Son; My Sun.
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)

Default Reality Bites; Revamp [Rated M - OOC]

Rated M for adult themes including but not limited to violence, blood, gore, naughty words, general mayhem and maybe even a little romance; if anybody survives long enough.

The original out of character thread for this can be found here, if anyone would like to grab their old character.

IC

Reality Bites
    A true-to-life zombie apocalypse rp.

We've all thought about it, in different degrees of seriousness, at least once. Personally, I've probably spent more time than is sensible devising different game plans - just in case.
    The tale of the Zombie Apocalypse is a well-known and often told one, and who can honestly say they've never considered how they might fare were they to actually find themselves in the midst of an all-out apocalypse.

It'll never happen... probably. But it doesn't hurt to be prepared, right?

So what would happen? Not to the soldiers, the scientists, the surgeons. The poker-faced, bad-ass and beautiful ex-con who also just so happens to be a black belt in an obscure form of Martial Arts and not too shabby with a crossbow. This story will follow the bankers, single mums and that thirty-five year old next door who still lives with his parents, playing Call of Duty all day.

Our story begins on an average day in their average lives, right before the beginning of the end. Will they fortify themselves in a camp locally? Forage for supplies before setting off for a major city? Hack a radio to get in contact with the government?

Probably not - they're a little busy trying not to die.

The Plot

In case it wasn't clear above, this roleplay will follow the terrifying 'adventures' of a bunch of every day people as they try to survive the onslaught of the living dead. If you love to play a gun-slinging human weapon, this is not the roleplay for you!

One thing should be made clear, before we begin. Not everyone will survive this rp. There will be injuries, and deaths, and whether or not your character survives is entirely up to their choices IC.

If your character is killed, you will be allowed the opportunity to make another. As I feel it is essential to completing a roleplay from start to finish, there will be a structured sequence of events. However, as I also feel it is important for players to help drive an rp, there are several different ways this story could play out.

The Setting

Surfers Paradise.

A popular tourist destination on the East Coast of Australia, the growing city is a mixture of skyscrapers, resorts and shopping centres in it's heart, and suburban-bliss style permanent residences and corner stores as you travel toward it's sprawling outskirts. The coastal highway that runs through the city, as well as the appeal of it's picturesque beaches and active nightlife, give it a bustling, crowded atmosphere at most any time of day.

Notable Places
    to be added upon discovery.

The Nitty-Gritty

Spoiler: Rules 

Spoiler: Character Sheet 

The Survivors

Jordan Reynolds
    by Sonic
    Items/Equipment:none.
    Injuries: none.

Daniel Grey Fretheim by Dire Hoef
    Items/Equipment: None.
    Injuries: None.

Julie Smith by RoughDragon
    Items/Equipment: Her purse, containing a water bottle and her hotel key.

Isobel Warren by G
    Items/Equipment: Backpack containing one lead and several coloured pencils, two ballpoint pens, a notebook, some textbooks, a water bottle and a lunchbox containing a packet of chips, a muesli bar and a chicken salad sandwich.

Angelica Hammer by G

River Moonbeam by G
    Items/Equipment: One satchel containing several notebooks, Two pens, (one black, one red) Mobile Phone, Headphones, Wallet.

Jenny White by Naraness
    Items/Equipment:
    Cell phone, keys, Chapstick, wallet.
    Injuries:
    None.

Hiroyuki Elm by Naraness
    Items/Equipment:
    His backpack containing five band-aids, some Neosporin, a compass, a whistle, a small Swiss army knife, and a Fruit Roll-up.His bike.
    Injuries:
    None.

Anthony Hollins by SoulReaper
    Location: The laneway behind Starbucks; en route to Jen's car.
    Items/Equipment:
    None.
    Injuries:
    A cut on his hand, made by shattered glass.

Cap'n Dave Atwood by Goodpie2

Christopher McAdams by Cassiopeia
    Items/Equipment: Canvas bag containing keys, phone, wallet. Three energy drinks, one open.

Kathryn Swanson by rabbit
    Items/Equipment: Her bag and backpack (contents in CS)
    Injuries:
    None.

Juno Edelstein
    by Echo

On indefinite hiatus. I remain purple only for technical support, please direct queries to Scottie or another staffer. Thank you RPA for being my second home for so many years, and every member who makes this the wonderful place it is.

Click here daily to vote for RPA!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I'm down!!! Time to bring Jordan back

Giga Onion
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Give me an Idea and I'll see what I can do
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Time to bring back me old characta.

Moon Child
    Feeding Nazgul with a spoon in his white padded room.
    I will try just about anything. Especially Twilight fanfiction. TEAM JACOB!
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

I'm so down

Spoiler: Looking for RP in all the wrong places? Click here! 

Spoiler: Friend Quotes 

The Invisible One
    Superhero; Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

I love me some zombies...

Hell Knight of RPA
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Ah! I gotta find my old character again.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Name: Jordan Reynolds

Appearance:

Jordan is a short man befitting his shortcomings both in the bed and the working world. His hair is dark, like a computer screen that has been turned off. His eyes are a blue that are used to seeing pixels and nothing else and his entire demeanor invokes a sense of sloth and procrastination. As a result of staying indoors for so long, his skin has digressed to a pallor that doctors would immediately associate with a terminal illness (although, in terms of health, there is nothing wrong with Mr. Reynolds). Jordan is chubby, but not yet of that girth size that would have him being called ‘obese’. He is usually seen—if he is seen at all—wearing a gamer shirt; either Link, Mario, or some other iconic gaming character.

Attachment 6228

Personality:

Don’t give a task to Jordan because if it doesn’t involve gaming, then it doesn’t involve him. He is a lazy man whose favorite saying is one of his own creations: “Things will work themselves out.” He is a NEET who blames others—his mother in particular—for all his misfortune and also believes that people owe him something. He doesn’t have much care for the world and if it were to end right this moment, he would not bat an eyelash.

He doesn't consider himself to be a misogynist, although he does believe that woman are only good for three things: fucking, cleaning, and cooking--not necessarily in that order--so perhaps there is a paradox there. These thoughts, however, he keeps to himself because the only woman he has had an actual conversation with is his mother and even she tries to keep that to a minimum.

Before gaming, Jordan will read a verse from the bible--any verse will do, as long as God knows that someone is talking to him--and before gaming tournaments, he will pray. To be sure, although Jordan is a Christian--an Anabaptist--he isn't overtly religious and if one were to ever see him, they would never consider him as such. And, he isn't. To be sure, he only met God through gaming. If it wasn't for that, then he would be a 'lost one' as the Catholics like to say

Items/Equipment:

A PS3 controller/ a PSP that is fully-charged/ a plastic Link sword/ five water bottles he has kept in his room—one of which is filled with his urine./ the Bibe: King James Version

My Son; My Sun.
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)

Yay! Looking forward to seeing/being reintroduced with your characters! There's a link to the original ooc in the first post if you'd like to grab your old sheet.

Sonic, Jordan is accepted back into the fold.

On indefinite hiatus. I remain purple only for technical support, please direct queries to Scottie or another staffer. Thank you RPA for being my second home for so many years, and every member who makes this the wonderful place it is.

Moon Child
    Feeding Nazgul with a spoon in his white padded room.
    I will try just about anything. Especially Twilight fanfiction. TEAM JACOB!
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

Should have a CS up by evening <3

Spoiler: Looking for RP in all the wrong places? Click here! 

Spoiler: Friend Quotes 

My Son; My Sun.
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)

Great! Here's mine, by the way; disclaimer: River is just a funny take on a stereotype, and in no way a suggestion that I agree with it.

Spoiler: Isobel Warren 

Spoiler: Angelica Hammer 

Spoiler: River Moonbeam. 

Page 1 of 15 123 ... LastLast