Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: [M] Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D:Reincarnation (OOC)

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Anime, Sci-fy, Dark Fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thank you for pointing out one small mistake on one post.

And yes, commas do change the meaning of a sentence, but again, when the post is read clearly on a casual RP I don't see the need to point it out when there is no need for clarification. It does feel like we're being graded on our work rather than having fun in an RP I do genuinely want to be in.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Well like I said, not gonna mention it, post however you want.

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

On that note I think I will be withdrawing from the rp. I wish you the best of luck with it but I don't believe it is the best fit for me. For me the fun of a rp is in creating a interesting story and I don't believe I can have that if I feel like I am being 'graded' on each post. I'm not here for an English lesson. Perhaps you should put a disclaimer that you prefer advanced writers. You say you won't mention it but your desires are known now and I don't think I can have fun writing in a story where in the back of my mind I am wondering if my posts are being graded. Just takes the fun out. Sorry to leave you hanging but I think it is for the best.

Another round of bullets hits my skin. Well, fire away
    Cause today, I won't let the shame sink in. We are bursting through
    the barricades and reaching for the sun.

We Are Warriors

Fantasy, Anime, Sci-fy, Dark Fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think I will also follow suit. Good luck with the RP.

Second to the right and straight on 'til morning.
    Sci-fi, fantasy and mystical wonderful stuffs!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

To be honest, I'm afraid that my written english is not as good as you may hope for it to be. I mean, you said there were grammar mistakes in my bio I didn't even know about so I think I shall leave as well, but if it changes I will be happy to return.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

For the third time....YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE PERFECT DAMMIT!!!!!

You just have to try and not overreact when I point out a simple error. All I said was that "you forgot your commas" 4 words. You guys took that and just ran with it and than totally ignored the reason why I said in the first place!

Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    Think about when you're doing action scenes and you say that you "Shot the man walking away casually." when you meant to say you "Shot the man, walking away casually."

You see how your target's position changed in those two examples. One had "you walking away after shooting someone" while the first had you "shooting someone who was walking away"

I'm trying to stop things before they go bad, that's my job, to manage, to make sure things don't go wrong and to pick up on things that might go wrong before they do. In a high action sequence, we're all going to have to know what you mean when you say something, other wise you're gonna be shooting some random guy and we're gonna be running after the dude who was sitting down in the park and wondering why you chose to just stand there.

I promise that while I am a stickler for good grammar(I make my mistakes though), I would NOT bother the shit out of you if I didn't think it would come up later as a bigger issue. I'm not even asking you to go back and change your post, I'm just telling you, for future reference, "you forgot your commas".
    It's not about you, or me. I'm just doing my job, trying to catch on to things that will be problematic later. It's ridiculous to wait for a problem that could be solved sooner, that's being irresponsible as a manager. It's like seeing a wet spot on the floor and not mopping it up because "No one's tripped on it yet" that's just being a bad manager! And super half-assed/lazy as shit.

SherbetTurtle, your post was fine, it wasn't perfect but NOTHING is perfect and I cannot, I repeat, CANNOT keep repeating how I DON'T EXPECT YOU TO BE. I MAKE MISTAKES TOO, IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU BEING PERFECT!!!

In fact, the reason I never answered your question about WHAT your problem was was because your problem was so incredibly small that it totally slipped my mind. (You had no way of knowing that, just letting you know now)

Me wanting you to be aware of your grammatical mistakes for the future benefit of everyone involved is not an English lesson nor is it a request for advanced English.

You guys blew a four word reminder way out of proportion.

But none of that matters now because we have no active players left and honestly.....I don't feel like doing...this with you guys any more.

So, end of RP everyone.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910