Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] Black Creek Manor [OOC]

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Horror, fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default [M] Black Creek Manor [OOC]

Still recruiting; we have room for 2 more characters!

Synopsis
    March 1949 - Scotland

Just off the north coast of Scotland lies the small isle of Brłn. Covered by a dense forest and split in half by a creek, the isle's only village - Brłnswick - populates a whopping 15 people. Three miles further, past the creek and in the heart of the forest, lies an old, nearly abandoned manor: Black Creek Manor. After centuries of noblemen, only the eccentric old groundkeeper remains in the estate. Nobody ever really pays attention to the old decaying manor.

Until a mysterious ad shows up in a couple of local newspapers on the mainland of Scotland:

30.000 POUND REWARD FOR BRAVE SOULS
    Sir William McChonnigh offers a prize pool of £30.000 (thirty-thousand pounds)
    to be distributed among contestants who manage to inhabit
    Black Creek Manor situated on Brłn Isle for 7 days without leaving the premises.
    Please contact your local post office to receive a registration form.

A group of curious Scots flock to the isle, hungry for a portion of the hefty reward - how hard could it be, anyway? But upon arriving at the manor, they may receive more of a challenge than they bargained for...

The Contestants
    Alan Byrne by Cassiopeia
    Kateryna Kalashnik by Namine_600
    Robert Phillip Croft by Sy23
    Justin Hunter by Squeaky91
    Amelia Renee Gilbert by The Texan Queen
    Bonnie Ceallach by Dearshul
    Hope Evans by Cassiopeia
    Willa Roxbury by rabbit

Floorplan
    Spoiler: Floorplan 

Room descriptions
    Spoiler: Room descriptions 

Rules
    • To join, please fill in the registration form found below
    • All RPA Rules apply
    • This RP is rated M - it will contain blood, gore, general spooky stuff, violence and strong language.
    • Your character is prone to dying. When they do, you are free to create another character here in the OOC and jump back in with a new contestant.
    • Depending on the circumstances, the RP is not set to finish after exactly 7 (in-game) days, but may last longer. There will, however, ultimately be a conclusion to it.

Registration Form

This form is to certify that [Character first name] [Character surname] will inhabit Black Creek Manor, Brłn, for 7 days. The contestant will share the prize of £30.000 (thirty-thousand pounds) among any and all contestants who remain on the premises for 7 days.

Sex: M/F (please circle the relevant option)

Personality: (please provide a short description of your character traits)
    Bio: (please provide a short description of your history)
    Appearance: (please provide a short description of your appearance and/or a photo. Your local post office may provide a photographer or photocopier)

Comments: (please provide any and all OOC information you would like to inform the GM and not Sir McChonnigh of in this section)

The contestant is expected to arrive at Brłnswick Port where they will be provided with transportation to Black Creek Manor.

By signing this form, the contestant agrees that Black Creek Manor and the family of McChonnigh is not liable in the incident of injuries or fatalities.

Signed,
    [Character name]
    Note: the registration form is IC except for the comment-section: here you may share secrets McChonnigh may not yet know but the GM needs to know. You are allowed to remove the text between brackets for your application.

Extra info
    • Brłn and Brłnswick are fictional, but based off of existing isles and places in Scotland.
    • We follow the general history of the real world; no alternate universe
    • There will however be supernatural forces involved
    Last edited by Cassiopeia; 03-23-2016 at 03:20 PM.

Queen of Awesome
    Horror, Fantasy, Love
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)

Love good Horror RP's and this one already looks awesome!

Such a unique RP should have no problems finding roleplayers, however if you want more advertising or feel like having it be advertised well there are plenty of ways you can do that!

One of the best ways to have more people see your roleplay it to submit your roleplay for Roleplay of the Week! If chosen your RP will be put on our home page for everyone to see and read about as well as having a custom banner with it! If you need a custom banner made, well no worries because RPA has it's very own Roleplay of the Week, banner shop, where you can request a banner to be made for your submission. From there one of the many beautiful artists we have in the banner shop will then make you something epic and beautiful!

I know you've already requested the staff to put it in our signature, which we will do shortly! Thank you for posting about it and letting us know that you did. Signatures do help find more players.

We also have one more way to help gather more interest. Please make a post in the Roleplay Games Directory, that has a brief summary about your RP. All kinds of people go through there and see things that they never thought they would be interested in! It's a great way to get a more diverse group of role-players, especially new people.

As well If you ever have any questions, don't be afraid to ask me or another staff member as we will be happy to answer them. Good luck on your horror adventure!
    Spoiler: Looking for a Roleplay? Just click it! 

Help us Help you! Vote for RPA -Daily!

Horror, fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Merry Gentry View Post
    Love good Horror RP's and this one already looks awesome!

Such a unique RP should have no problems finding roleplayers, however if you want more advertising or feel like having it be advertised well there are plenty of ways you can do that!

One of the best ways to have more people see your roleplay it to submit your roleplay for Roleplay of the Week! If chosen your RP will be put on our home page for everyone to see and read about as well as having a custom banner with it! If you need a custom banner made, well no worries because RPA has it's very own Roleplay of the Week, banner shop, where you can request a banner to be made for your submission. From there one of the many beautiful artists we have in the banner shop will then make you something epic and beautiful!

I know you've already requested the staff to put it in our signature, which we will do shortly! Thank you for posting about it and letting us know that you did. Signatures do help find more players.

We also have one more way to help gather more interest. Please make a post in the Roleplay Games Directory, that has a brief summary about your RP. All kinds of people go through there and see things that they never thought they would be interested in! It's a great way to get a more diverse group of role-players, especially new people.

As well If you ever have any questions, don't be afraid to ask me or another staff member as we will be happy to answer them. Good luck on your horror adventure!
    Thank you so much for the elaborate info! I hope it will be as popular as you predict haha. I'll definitely not shy away from advertising and I'll see to submitting it to the RP of the week and the directory shortly!

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

I had a few questions. Do our characters have to be Scottish? How often do you plan for people to post, and how long of posts would be expected. Do characters have to fall in a male/female binary? I'm going to assume everything is following the real history of our world or is there any alternate history or information about the world we'd need to know?
    On Hiatus from RP'ing
    My pronouns are She/Her, and They/Them. If it's hard to constantly switch just stick with She/Her.

Horror, fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tolvo View Post
    I had a few questions. Do our characters have to be Scottish? How often do you plan for people to post, and how long of posts would be expected. Do characters have to fall in a male/female binary? I'm going to assume everything is following the real history of our world or is there any alternate history or information about the world we'd need to know?
    They have to be in the area at the time the ad appears in local newspapers, but they don't have to be Scottish; they can be immigrants or just passing through. Just make sure they have a good reason to be in Scotland at that time

I'm not yet very familiar with the frequency with which people generally post here, so I'm not completely sure of the answer. I don't expect to set a maximum frequency though unless it gets really crazy and people post every 5 minutes (lol as if). Sorry, I really don't know the answer :P

As for post-length, I'd like to encourage posts of about 2 or 3 paragraphs. I'm fine with longer (happy even), not really down for shorter (unless the situation in the plot calls for a quick and short response).

No, characters aren't required per se to fall in the gender binary, but we do follow a semi-realistic history (semi-realistic because there will be supernatural forces involved). According to my quick Google search the first awarenessgroups for transgenders started emerging in the 1950s, so at the point of the RP (1949) they are still fairly unknown/unaccepted but at the point of being accepted. Sir McChonnigh wouldn't mind though - I can imagine the character will have to have hidden his/her genderfluidity from society and might feel more comfortable in the manor, but might raise a few eyebrows of the other residents.

Further info is that Brłn and Brłnswick are fictional, but similar to every other real existing isle in Scotland. So no extraordinarily different landscapes or climate on the Isle of Brłn. The exact history of the island, village and manor will be explained more in detail in the RP itself, but for all the contestants know Brłn is just another isle like the others.

Hope this answers some of your questions

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

If i made a trans character I was expecting they wouldn't really be accepted or have the modern terminology, as well on a form they'd not mention they are trans but I guess in general I should have just asked if the sheet has to contain information a character would like to keep secret or if they could keep such details off the sheet. Or is the sheet just out of character and not something that would essentially be "Turned in" ?

Yep it answers my questions. I might start to work on a character soon.
    On Hiatus from RP'ing
    My pronouns are She/Her, and They/Them. If it's hard to constantly switch just stick with She/Her.

Horror, fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tolvo View Post
    If i made a trans character I was expecting they wouldn't really be accepted or have the modern terminology, as well on a form they'd not mention they are trans but I guess in general I should have just asked if the sheet has to contain information a character would like to keep secret or if they could keep such details off the sheet. Or is the sheet just out of character and not something that would essentially be "Turned in" ?

Yep it answers my questions. I might start to work on a character soon.
    It's OOC; I just made it IC to try and be edgy and original lol ;P Thanks though for the questions, I wouldn't have thought about it that way haha. I'll edit some clarification into the OP! Very excited to see your character!

EDIT: let me just quickly correct myself, I think it'd be best to keep the form IC but put OOC comments (like secrets) in the comment section, because there will most likely be some feedback on the registration form IC. Sorry for my lack of thinking that through hahaha. Once again, good questions raised! ;P
    Last edited by Cassiopeia; 03-06-2016 at 10:45 PM.

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Alright, and thanks for the clarification. Also it's ok I can't even count how many clarifications I've had to put in my RP's or things I missed in how they come off. I think that happens with basically every RP that gets posted.
    On Hiatus from RP'ing

Fantasy, Romance
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

This form is to certify that Kateryna Kalashnik will inhabit Black Creek Manor, Brłn, for 7 days. The contestant will share the prize of £30.000 (thirty-thousand pounds) among any and all contestants who remain on the premises for 7 days.

Sex:
    Female
    N/A (No specific Occupation.)

Personality: (please provide a short description of your character traits)
    Is a born fighter and survivor, smart, wise, brave and strong.
    Bio: (please provide a short description of your history)
    Born and raised in and orphanage in Ukraine, which is just outside the border of Russia. She was abandoned as a child, and to this day has no clue as to who her biological parents are. On her 16th birthday she left the orphanage in hope to travel, and perhaps some point down the line discover her parents.
    Appearance: (please provide a short description of your appearance and/or a photo. Your local post office may provide a photographer or photocopier)
    Redhead+girl+red+lips+blue+eyes++1080p+HD+Wallpaper.jpg

Comments: (please provide any and all OOC information you would like to inform the GM and not Sir McChonnigh of in this section)
    Kateryna is bisexual, and feels attraction to both women and men, only with more of a preference for women. She also comes across as cold hearted and at times harsh due to her inability to trust many people.

She arrived in Scotland during her travels, and heard from the locals about the Black Creek Manor. She became interested

The contestant is expected to arrive at Brłnswick Port where they will be provided with transportation to Black Creek Manor.

By signing this form, the contestant agrees that Black Creek Manor and the family of McChonnigh is not liable in the incident of injuries or fatalities.

Signed,
    Kateryna Kalashnik
    Last edited by N a m i n e_600; 03-28-2016 at 10:58 PM.

Horror, fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

@Namine thank yoouu Love the character so far, her coldness should yield some interesting interactions.

My own character:

This form is to certify that Alan Byrne will inhabit Black Creek Manor, Brłn, for 7 days. The contestant will share the prize of £30.000 (thirty-thousand pounds) among any and all contestants who remain on the premises for 7 days.

Sex: M

Personality: a hard-working young chap with a sharp mind and eager to prove his worth to the world. Socially not very skilled, but intelligent enough to compensate for it.
    Bio: Served in the Military Training Act in 1945 for 6 months as part of the military conscription. Never sent to the battlefront, for the war had ended by the time training had ended. Unwed. Loyal worker at a medical equipment company for 3 years now.
    Appearance: 5'11 height. Caucasian, dark blonde hair. Blue eyes. Wears round glasses and mostly suits, apart from worker's uniform.

Spoiler: Big picture 

Comments: During his time at the medical company, Alan has picked up on a fascination for the afterlife. In his sparetime he works on his own inventions and machinery to either prove or disprove the existence of ghosts. Alan is an enthusiastic sceptic: his head says there is no life after death, but his heart wishes it so. The ad interested him because not only would he have a chance of winning money to fund his own company, he also heard Black Creek Manor is heavily haunted - and he intends to put his instruments to the test.

Signed,
    Alan Byrne

I'd also like to add that I'm not opposed to people having multiple characters

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast