Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Of Once and Future Kings (OOC)

The Art Vandal

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Decent grammar. Limited cringe. That’s all.
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Um, hi.

So I posted. Yerrr. It's quite a long post - so, um, basically lemme splain

- this first post was three weeks prior to where your characters are
    - i'm going to post 2 (maybe 3?) more posts to get my character to where yours are
    - (probably one post a day so she'll catch up quickly)
    - basically the first couple posts will be to show a bit about my character ... um hope that's okay?!
    - probably should also post my profile. derp.

have a good day all <3

The Art Vandal

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Name:

Jayati Tariq

Job:

Jayati has been living at 'the home' from before she could remember. Currently, she is an apprentice baker in the kitchen of 'the home.'

Skillset:

Small and agile, Jayati has developed the skill of being incredibly - well - sneaky. She is quick and has pretty good reflexes. She has taught herself to be extremely attentive, using all of her senses to evaluate her surroundings (which has so far been used for sneaking off and sneaking back in without anyone ever knowing she was gone). She also loves to climb and, from the time she could walk, would climb anything she could get her small little hands on. Other than that, Jayati is young and inexperienced - so she is essentially a blank page that has potential to develop in the future.

Training Motivation:

She is energetic and passionate when what she is learning is something that interests her - but when she has no interest in it, she becomes bored and moody. She tends to be a fast learner when she chooses to be.

Birthplace:

She doesn't know. She assumes somewhere near 'the home'?

Social class:

Jayati lives a hand-to-mouth existence and, having no recollection of her family, is looked after by caretakers in a run down part of the city.

What's your characters story:

What Jayati calls 'the home' is in fact an orphanage of sorts - a cramped, mildewy place where children without families go when no one knows what else to do with them. There the orphans were fed, given beds, and as they grew, taught honest trades that were deemed fit for their gender and social standing.

It is at this home where Jayati has been working for some time, as well. Beginning at five years old, she was placed on a street corner to sell plums that she picked after learning how to climb the plum trees in the home's garden. It was the coins received from those plums, she was told, that enabled her to stay at the home and 'did she want to sleep on the street'!?

When she turned eight she was taught to weave and, again, was told it was the ladies who purchased her handwoven scarves that kept her belly full. It wasn't until she turned twelve, however, that she was no longer allowed to weave or to sell in the marketplace. With each passing year, Jayati's reputation amongst the orphanage caretakers had begun to dwindle - as she constantly was running off without permission from the marketplace and, often, in the middle of the night. By the time she was twelve, she was considered a quite a crass, deceptive, and foul mouthed child. Whenever she was caught sneaking out at night she would be disciplined and spew out all the obscenities the boys at the home had taught her.

As a result, her caretakers began to keep her under strict supervision. So, instead of selling goods in the market, she was brought into the kitchens to become the baker's apprentice. It was hoped that being in 'the home' during the day would keep her out of trouble and, hopefully, in the future, help her develop a suitable skill so that she could support herself once she came of age.

However, Jayati's insight into the outside world only really extends as far as she could sneak out at night (without getting caught). Her limited views, however, are not the result of her having no desire to learn, to branch out, to discover life. In fact, it's quite the opposite. Jayati lives a stifled existence and it is her intense curiosity which more often than not gets her into trouble. She has been a girl on a road that leads to a dead end - with no family, no resources, and little formal education. She is constantly reminded that the orphanage was past maximum capacity, that they were housing more mouths than they could afford to feed, and that she was lucky to have a bed there at her age.

It was a lonely existence. Her caretakers were old women - widows and old maids - who were stretched so thin they were able to provide little feeling towards the dozens of children who were taken in by 'the home'. The only friends she had ever known were other orphans - vulnerable raggamuffins who spent much of their days getting into trouble. But, she should feel lucky, she was constantly reminded - because 'what other options does an orphan girl such as you have?'

Character Description:

Jayati is slender and small of stature, with a muss of curly black hair that falls to her waist. She has never in her life felt as if she was a beautiful girl and, if anyone ever thought her beautiful, they sure as hell never let her know about it. Her skin is a deep brown and her eyes seemed to be jet black - eyes that were often curious, and other times, hostile and uncontent.
    Last edited by Leanna; 06-29-2016 at 07:14 PM.

The bumbliest of bumbling bees
    All sorts, I'm open like that.
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Leanna wait! Before you post anything else!

Do you understand the posting rules? Usually its customary to wait for at least one single post following yours before you yourself can post again. Otherwise the threads can get rather jammed with posts by the same person

Just thought I'd check you knew this, unless you have permission to post multiple times

The last mosquito that bit me had to check into the Betty Ford clinic

The Art Vandal

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Ruh roh. Noooo. Dangit. Sorry. I do know you post one after the other, in response to others, and I'm planning on doing that -

Sohould I delete my posts? Basically I was going to do 4 posts as an intro, then start in from there. HELP?!?! < - this little squiggly man sums up my emotions perfectly
    Last edited by Leanna; 06-29-2016 at 10:00 PM.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

It's ok, I think I saved you just in time

But I don't think any of us mind if you just wanna pop all you've thought of into one big post

You can edit any posts you've done, there's a little button in the bottom right corner of the post boxes. If I were you, I'd just carry on and post all you wanna write in your latest post

The Art Vandal

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Well I need to write the next bit that basically gets her to where I want her in real-time, if you get me. And yes, you're spot on ... I did split up my "one" introduction post into four smaller posts with the intention of keeping it from being one gigantic post.

Either way, I'll change it tomorrow if that's okay as I'm actually pretty much falling asleep atm! I'msosorrypleaseforgiiiiiiivemeeeeewaaah. Also, for the record, I usually don't write such long posts, except for introductions

Plus *was hoping posts increase the messages my fecking inbox can hold*
    Last edited by Leanna; 06-29-2016 at 10:12 PM.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

No probs, happy to help

And I'm lookin forward to the rest of your intro

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910