Page 1 of 25 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [M]The Day The River Stopped Flowing

1Cor 13:1-8

Mentioned
    125 Post(s)

Default [M]The Day The River Stopped Flowing

Rated M for possibilities of coarse language, violence, alcohol, gore, sexuality and anything else that may be deemed mature.

Special thanks to Karma for the banner

Life goes on unchanging.

For one thousand years our community has existed, untouched by war or disease.

But it wasn't always so.

Much was lost from the before time. Remnants of technology from what is now a long dead society still exist, though no one remembers them ever functioning. There are writings that tell of energy which would power these devices, but we know something happened that changed the world and left us alone. We know those first years were hard, and this is the reason why so much of history was lost.

But we persevered. And now we thrive. We work hard, living off the land and livestock, this community of four thousand people. We fish. We farm. We live..

Gone are the days in which we wondered if anything lay beyond the dead zone. For we are a community. We are family. We are together. We are happy.

Life goes on unchanging,

That is, until today.

Where we live; the community is a circular area that is roughly one hundred and fifty square miles in area. Around the outer edge runs the dead zone, a patch of gray dirt that stretches beyond the horizon. A river flows out of the north and works its way into a lake in the east and continues out of the area in the south. There are small wooded areas scattered about the area and in the center stands the council chamber, a large metal dome.

The main township stretches out to the west from the lake. The houses are wooden and have one or two stories. There are shops and blacksmiths, as well as a couple of taverns. The school is on the north section of town. All in all, from what we have learned from some of the writings, the buildings resemble what would have been the norm for the late twentieth century in what used to be known as middle class America.

About the council; the council consists of 5 members who are all voted for by the people of the community. The role of the council is to enact the laws of the community. They meet in the large assembly hall under the dome where they make sure goods are distributed to the community members. They dispense justice when need be; though disputes are usually limited to rare cases of fighting and the occasional theft. The council currently consists of Shelly Martin(baker), John Davis(blacksmith), Jeannie Fitzpatrick(farmer), David Wilkins(fisherman) and Martina Chavez(schoolteacher).

A few more things; the area surrounding the community has wildlife. There is nothing predatory with the animals being what you'd classify as either game or forest critters. Hunting is done with bow and arrow or snares depending on the animal. Apart from the bows, the only other things that could classify as weapons are hunting knives, pitchforks and scythes. And other than their practical uses, there has never been a need to use any of them as weapons.

Who are you
    ?

Name:
    Description: Pics or text are fine. If you use a picture, please nothing cartoonish.
    Personality:
    Biography: Due to the nature of the community, most will have similar biographies. IE if your family were farmers you are most likely a farmer. You do not need to go into great detail here. I want to hear about events that have impacted your life in some way be it positive or negative.

A note from the GM;

In this RP I will not be posting a character sheet as I will be controlling primarily the five members of the council. The RP itself is going to be largely character driven, though I will be giving direction. But how this ultimately plays out will be up to you.

I will not be utilizing a posting order, though I do ask that if you want to have long dialogues with a character that you do a co-operative post so as not to flood the RP. If you do choose to do a co-op post, please don't make us wait forever for it.

I also will not put a post size minimum for the RP. While I like meaty posts, I do understand that there are times when it may not be called for. But please keep away from one liners.

If you need to drop out or are going to be away for an extended period of time, please let me know.

The rules
    ;

Don't godmod, metagame, Mary Sue, Gary Stu, kill other characters(npc or otherwise) or argue with your fellow players.

Do have a good time.

Last edited by John; 04-05-2016 at 04:04 AM.

The Froggiest
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)

I will say sir...

I usually don't join Sci-Fi based roleplays. They aren't my cup of tea.

But this...

Is.

Look for a character today

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Expect something from me too!

"Thank you, Master."
    "You're welcome, My Padawan."

Mentioned
    125 Post(s)

I look forward to it. If either of you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    anything that is fantasy related
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hey.... Hey.... Naz... HI THERE <3 ACCEPT MY ADVERTISMENT LOVE <3 Also I totally just thought of this but your name sounds like a name of a dragon xD

Now for these lovely advertisements, just in case you decide you want more players

One of the larger ways to get people to know about your roleplay is to submit an application for Roleplay of the Week! If chosen your roleplay will be featured in the roleplay of the week section as well as being on the home page! Need a banner to go with your roleplay of the week? No problem! We have a roleplay of the week banner shop where tons of artists will come together to make you a beautiful banner!

Another great way is to have your roleplay featured in the staff signatures! After all us staff go all over the forum and what a great way it is to spread the word of your roleplay to some of the rarer corners of the forums!

Now my personal favorite is another great way of advertising. The roleplay games directory! In there all you have to do is post a short summary about your RP as well as providing and OOC link. Then as people go through it, reading RP after RP, they'll see yours and if it's something they like they will click the link and come on over here!
    Made by the goddess Kicksy!
    I got an even newish newer egg! Check it out!
    Spoiler: Secret Things! 

Moon Child
    Feeding Nazgul with a spoon in his white padded room.
    I will try just about anything. Especially Twilight fanfiction. TEAM JACOB!
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

I think I'm in. Let me think of a character

Spoiler: Looking for RP in all the wrong places? Click here! 

Spoiler: Friend Quotes 

Mentioned
    125 Post(s)

Looking forward to it. Must. Have. Characters.

I hope this gets a good turnout. Haven't done a RP in a long long time. High time I returned.

Moon Child
    Feeding Nazgul with a spoon in his white padded room.
    I will try just about anything. Especially Twilight fanfiction. TEAM JACOB!
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

If you need a banner >.> I know someone...

Spoiler: Looking for RP in all the wrong places? Click here! 

Spoiler: Friend Quotes 

The Froggiest
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)

My apologies Snazzy- look for a character from me tomorrow night... got caught up last night

Mentioned
    125 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by .Karma. View Post
    If you need a banner >.> I know someone...
    I likely won't submit this for RPOTW. But thank you for the offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    My apologies Snazzy- look for a character from me tomorrow night... got caught up last night
    A likely story I'm sure. . When you can hun. No rush.

Page 1 of 25 123 ... LastLast