Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 23242526 LastLast

Thread: New Peaks Academy: Fight School (OOC/Signup)

Antivan Crow
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    No Romance or Furry.
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

They say the dreams of a noble knight are the most delicious thing in the world when crushed under foot like the spine of a weasel.

#GoLars #TeamEveryman #hashtagsuckit
    Last edited by Salroka; 08-12-2016 at 09:33 PM.
    Spoiler: Neat Stuff Within 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

High Octain Action
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Appearance:
    image_zpsmhunzrp7.jpg

Name: Albert Bosko

Occupation: Woodshop Teacher, Certified Basic Armed Combat Instructor

Nationality: Polish

Sex/Gender: Male

Fighting Style: Aikido (3rd Dan), Weapon Master (Polearms, Longswords, Knives, Tonfa, Batons, Sectioned Staves)

Powers: None

Personality: Albert rolls with every punch he takes, never taking anything too seriously and never letting himself get too involved with things he deems "too much of a downer". He is overly confident, overly excitable, and very much so overly happy. Everything is nice, wonderful, and can never go wrong. He's not interested in being the big guy, nor is he interested in being a hero. He is happy being the middle man to anything on the up and up with the law. He absolutely hates lawbreakers and delinquents, not afraid to deal with then either through the security team or himself. He does what he can to help who he can, though tends to downplay his actions in favor of boasting about his skill.

Background: Albert has never once been without something in his hand to hit people with. When he was a baby, it was spoons. In school, it was an assortment of pipes and baseball bats. By the time he reached High School age, his parents followed the advice of one of New Peaks recruiters and decided that, if he wanted to hit people, he could do it far away from them. As it turns out, this was exactly what Albert needed to shape up, a little.

During the course of his training he mastered all sorts of ways to hit people and all sorts of new things to hit people with, eventually favoring the polearm as his weapon of choice. After being one of the few students to reach the rank of S2, he left New Peaks for a few years in his pursuit of the true right to call himself Weapon Master. His training took him to Japan, Tibet, America, England, Africa, and most of the rest of the world before finally returning to his homeland of Poland to test his skills against one of the local weapon masters.

After completing his training he received an offer from New Peaks. They were short on teachers that specialized in armed combat and needed someone to fill the position. While hesitant at first, he thought back to all the trouble he gave the staff while he was there. All the unsanctioned fights, injuries, and trash talking that made him one of the least desirable fighters in the whole school. He decided that there would be no better man to reform delinquents than a reformed delinquent like him and took up the job. He now lives on campus, awaiting the next year so that he can start up his career as an educator at New Peaks.
    Last edited by Dawscombine; 08-16-2016 at 03:51 AM.

Antivan Crow
    No Romance or Furry.
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

As I don't have a computer, I can't easily add that NPC/Teacher to the roster. However, he is approved.

Also, I posted in the IC and moved the tournament forward.

Immortal Goddess
    Fantasy, Yaoi, Romance, Adventure
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Absolutely going to keep this from being recycled....
    Special thanks to Poison Ivy for the awesome sig and avy set.
    Spoiler: The Return of a Story You May Want to Join!! 
    Follow me on Twitter JP_Yolance *Follow me on TikTok Divine Divia JP
    *Follow me on WattpadJeimseu P

High Octain Action
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Name: Marco Yowman

I.D. Number: 43297682

Year: 3rd

Nationality: Native American, Canadian

Sex/Gender: Male

Appearance:
    Kasiah-Sha.jpg

Fighting Style: Okitchitaw

Powers: Ghostly Form - Is Marco channels his Ki to the outer layers of his skin, and then releases it, it comes off of him in what looks like a second layer of skin turning into mist. This makes it look like he's doing something for a fraction of a second longer than he actually is, letting him fake foes out much easier than normal. Some might say it's entirely useless in combat, but anyone who's fallen for one of his faints because of this ability will tell you that it can be devastating.

Personality: Nobody can ever accuse Marco of being a boring guy. He's loud, proud, and absolutely loves a good honest fight. He prides himself in having never cheated in a fight, and absolutely despises "dirty' fighting. If anyone uses even a single "dirty" technique on him, they are instantly on his shit list. He treats friends more like family than he does his family and has a fascination with birds, interestingly enough.

Background: Marco wasn't rich, but he was never exactly poor, either. He lived on a reservation in Canada that was underfunded, but stable. His parents had decently paying jobs and knew almost instantly that their little boy would grow up to be a warrior. Since the only real things to do were either work, fight, or steal, Marco decided to follow his parents expectations to the letter. He joined the Cree School of Okichitaw when he was just five years old, and trained there whenever he wasn't working a part-time job, eating, sleeping, or using his teachings to fend off the more rowdy of his kin.

His parents saved money for nine years so that, when their little warrior reached high school, they could send him out to New Peaks. Despite all the emergencies that came up, the cars crashed, the house fires caused, and all the hospital bills, that money was never once touched except to add more. Eventually, they were able to pay his entire High School career off up front and sent Marco to Fight School with a smile on his face and tape on his fists.

He fit in almost instantly. He placed third in his Freshman summer tournament and second in the Sophomore holiday tournament, earning him the respect of his peers. He was probably the favorite to win the Freshmen Summers, but the victory was taken from him by Amaltheia Stravos, another practitioner of an obscure martial art and soon after his greatest rival. He considers beating her to be his measure of success. Most people think it's kind of weird how into her he gets, sometimes, and many think they might be secretly dating on the side. It's not true, but Marco has never once denied it.
    Last edited by Dawscombine; 09-23-2016 at 11:59 PM.

Antivan Crow
    No Romance or Furry.
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Message to ALL currently-approved players. The RP is wrapping up soon and anyone who has not made a post in the last four weeks will be considered to have dropped out of the RP when it is moved to the Hall of Fame.

If you want your Master Gamer medals, I suggest you make a post in the IC thread.

Your character may have been eliminated from the tournament, but there is an entire campus worth of stuff to do. There is no excuse to not remain active.

Immortal Goddess
    Fantasy, Yaoi, Romance, Adventure
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

This is true. This is very true. Just like I used Kyle to sit on the beach and reminisce on things.
    Special thanks to Poison Ivy for the awesome sig and avy set.
    Spoiler: The Return of a Story You May Want to Join!! 
    Follow me on Twitter JP_Yolance *Follow me on TikTok Divine Divia JP
    *Follow me on WattpadJeimseu P

Antivan Crow
    No Romance or Furry.
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

I am now cleaning up the roster and removing inactive people.

Also I didn't think we'd be waiting three whole weeks for one single co-post. RisingPhoenix. RedKayne. Come on, you two. Please?

A Dandy Guy in Space
    Bark
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Greased and I are making good progress on our copost!

Thanks to Karma for the dandiest set
    Spoiler: RPs I'm in 

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 23242526 LastLast