Thread: Tʜᴇ Exᴘᴇᴅɪᴛɪᴏɴs ᴏғ Tʜᴇ Lᴀᴢᴀʀᴜs ☠ ⚓ ☾ᴏᴏᴄ☽ ☾M☽

heaven can't help me now
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Horror, Fantasy, Scifi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Tʜᴇ Exᴘᴇᴅɪᴛɪᴏɴs ᴏғ Tʜᴇ Lᴀᴢᴀʀᴜs ☠ ⚓ ☾ᴏᴏᴄ☽ ☾M☽

Tʜᴇ Exᴘᴇᴅɪᴛɪᴏɴs ᴏғ Tʜᴇ Lᴀᴢᴀʀᴜs

rated M for mature; anything under the umbrella of this rating is permissible

For centuries, pirates and corsairs have captured the imagination of people all around the world; many of them follow the vivid stories of pirates adventures through the crisp of pages of a dime novel, but once it was a livelihood, an attitude, a code, a way of life. This is the life, though for some it's more about necessity than desire.

The crew of The Lazarus is intrepid and, some would say, slightly dysfunctional; as a whole they are loyal and hard working, but without a common goal it is hard to see why any of them would band together in the first place. For over ten years they have been sailing the high seas between the lands of Marina and Ethello and the many clusters of islands in between. Wizards and witches may rule the land, but the oceans, its currents and depth more than enough to disrupt strong mortal-conjured magic, are free for any and all with enough skill and courage to take them. Gathered from every walk of life - humans from the walled Magician's City, elves from the wide lush forests, even mer from the depths of sea itself - a myriad of races have danced across the decks of The Lazarus, but her captains have always been sure to keep the things too big, powerful or dangerous from joining the crew. Otherwise, the Lazarus might find the Seeker Ships of the world's superpowers in their wake or a granite golem sinking the vessel after it's had a bad day.

Of course, life on the open sea isn't all fun and treasure hunting! Occasionally, when the winds aren't favorable, the trade routes too heavily guarded, or that map you found turns out to be a dead end, you need to be open to being bought. Commissioned voyages can vary from playing fetch for the newest piece of some wealthy Lord's art collection to sailing out into uncharted waters for a treasure you can't keep or even the protection of a high-value guest upon the ship. The prices of these business ventures are sure to please each crew member's coffers, should you make it back to port to collect in full. It pays off more often than not, but sometimes - just sometimes - things go wrong.

Our Ship

Spoiler: The Lazarus 

Some Positions On Board

Spoiler: Details 

Our World

Spoiler: Ethello 

Spoiler: Arthinain 

Spoiler: Marina 

Spoiler: Dartmor 

Established Races & Lore

Spoiler: Details 

Rules & Information

Spoiler: Rules 

Spoiler: Information 

Character Sheet

Spoiler: Example 

HTML Code:
    [b][size=5]Character Name Title & Nicknames[/size][/b][hr][/hr] 
    [indent][SIZE=2][b]Age[/b]: 18+
    [b]Gender and sexuality[/b]: 
    [b]Race[/b]: 
    [b]Appearance[/b]: [hide=][center][img][/img]
    Description and/or photo, no anime/cartoons
    Include clothes and armor descriptions[/center][/hide]
    [b]Powers and/or talents[/b]: 
    [INDENT]Racial (limit 2 race-based powers)
    [indent][U]One Skill[/U]: 
    [U]Two Skill[/U]:[/indent]
    Mundane (include mundane skills)
    [indent][U]Three Skill[/U]: List as needed[/indent][/INDENT]

[b]Weapons[/b]: Limit 4 to carry on person
    [b]Personality[/b]: Minimum of one paragraph. Consider using MBTI spectrum. Can also include likes, dislikes, pet peeves and character tics.

[b]History[/b]: Minimum two paragraphs. Explain your character; how they came to be who they are, where they come from, what led them to piracy and why they stay with this crew, or made them join. You can leave us in the dark about some stuff, but in general, think it out.

[b]Other:[/b] [/SIZE][/INDENT]

[hr][/hr]

Characters

Accepted characters.

Last edited by rabbit; 05-25-2016 at 03:38 AM.

ideas? . Hogwarts . WTRT: Side Roads
    my life is still a mess pm me if you want to check in
    vote for RPA

heaven can't help me now
    Horror, Fantasy, Scifi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Brigit Hilgard, Quartermaster

Gender and sexuality: Female, hetero-demisexual
    Race: Mer
    Appearance:
    Spoiler: Human 

Spoiler: Mer 

Powers and/or talents:
    Racial
    Aquatic Conversations: All mer can converse with aquatic mammals. A very rare few can converse with fish, but those who can have been known to say it isn’t worth it. The ability can be used in and out of the water.
    Tough Fish: Mer are tough - waters of all temperatures, crushing depths, strong currents are all things that mer are built to withstand, to a point, and that carries over even when she’s out of the water.
    Mundane:
    Sea Legs: She was raised on ships and in the water; labor, hard work, and being a member of the crew is as much nature to her as swimming or breathing.
    Fight Me: It’s necessary. As a woman, in this lifestyle, fighting is just something you need to be able to do. Cutlass, pistol, axe or at the command of a cannon, Brigett’s considerably skilled, and rather deadly.
    Feminine Wiles: Every woman has them, but not every woman knows how to use them. Crew members tend to tease that it’s because she’s mer, but it has nothing to do with that.
    Sing Me to Sleep: Brigett is actually has a very fair singing voice - and no, it won’t unintentionally lure men to their deaths. Usually.

Weapons:
    Spoiler: Sword 

Spoiler: Axe 

Spoiler: Pistols 

Personality: Brigit is frank, decisive, confident and charismatic; her sarcasm and wit are often searing. She, as first mate, can assume a leadership position readily and is rational and quick-minded. Being intolerant of laziness and incompetence, she can at times forget herself and be forceful with opinions, beliefs and ideas. It is known that she can be rather vain and particular about her appearance and belongings, but Brigit values close relationships and is the type to show a sensitive side to few.

History: Captain Cutler Hilgard loved the sea. He loved it so much that his daughter is said to be the spawn of that love, one with a woman as wild, untamable and as beautiful as the sea – a mermaid. Her rearing was rather unconventional – she was her parent’s daughter, spirited even while young and for her younger years Brigit was bounced between the two every turn of the moon, one spent with her father, the next her mother, and so forth. She was an eager hand on board The Lazarus, a favorite among her father’s crewmen, even playing with Avan and his ferret Liz when they joined the crew, and in the sea she was as graceful and skilled as her mother, learning all there was about what it meant to be mer. Unexpectedly, her mother never came back to take her daughter under the waves. Cutler Hilgard was brokenhearted, but the Captain was not the type to show it and took his prized daughter on as a full member of the crew, even at her young age of ten.
    First a cabin girl, she was drilled in every bit of the ship – she ran messages and errands for her father the captain, aided the cook in preparing meals and delivered food to officers and members of the crew, even cleaned and performed common chores. When Roz came on board, though she was a year younger than he, Brigit often oversaw him and made sure he was on-task, if not working alongside him; she frequently considered him a rival, though this strengthened her as a person and often amused her father. She learned the rigging and briefly served as the sail master’s apprentice before studying the pilot’s skills and setting her eyes on becoming captain, eventually.
    Only seventeen when Sebastian Grimm joined the crew, it was an interesting four years watching her father – her captain – grow so close with someone. For so long, she had two relationships with her father – one as Cutler’s daughter, the other as Captain Hilgard’s crew member. It appeared to her that Grimm had developed an overlapping relationship with Cutler Hilgard that was respected crew member, friend and dangerously into something close to thinking of Grimm as a son. Though Cutler’s love for his daughter never diminished, this made Brigit work harder. During his later years, her father’s health waned and it wasn’t long until he was on his deathbed at 72, hearing his crew appoint Grimm as captain much to his own approval.
    Brigit was livid. Only twenty one, but well groomed for the position, the mer challenged Sebastian Grimm for the role of captain. The crew was alarmed – many had watched the girl grow up and knew how skilled she was, but it had not occurred to them to elect her as captain; with it now staring them in the face, many didn’t see why she shouldn’t be. It came down to a duel between Brigit and Sebastian. It was a sight, the two blade-to-blade, on deck and in the rigging, the pair grappling on the deck of the ship, but ending eventually Brigit flat on her back under Sebastian’s blade, the muzzle of his pistol pressed under her ribs. She’d served him what would be several new scars, but by some trick and twist, he’d pinned her awkwardly and disarmed her, forcing her to forfeit. Consequently, the crew pushed for her to be appointed quartermaster and first mate, to which the new Captain Grimm agreed.

Other: More of a friend and companion than a pet, a sea lion she has dubbed “Pig” occasionally accompanies her on deck, or on rare occasions, in the sea.
    Spoiler: Pig 

Last edited by rabbit; 04-20-2016 at 02:27 AM.

vote for RPA

Enchantress of Men
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Throwing in interest....#piratesforlife!

Red Ninja
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Captain Sebastian Grimm
    Gender and sexuality: Male and straight
    Race: Semi-immortal human

Appearance:
    Spoiler:  

Powers and/or talents

Racial powers

Tough Bastard: Captain Grimm is one of the toughest bastards on the crew. He's lived through more horrors than even some of the more fantastical crewmembers can brag about.

Quick mind, quick hands: Living by the skin of your teeth and the strength of your arm gives you a certain level of wit and agility. Sebastian has taken this aspect as high as he physically can.

Mundane talents

Leader: From running an urchin gang in Balefire, to fighting in a war for some puffed Wizard who didn't like how another puffed up Wizard looked, to taking over the Lazarus from the old Captain and leading the wild crew. Grimm knows how to lead and knows how to listen.

Sailor: As good at steering as he is swimming or running through the ropes. Sebastian knows his ship and sometimes takes over for some of the tired crewmates.

Fighter: Having learned you need to fight to survive Captain Grimm is a good fighter having long training in guns, melee and fist fighting.

Charm: A charming man known for his love of women as much as he is known for being such a good pirate.

Weapons: Sebastian carries a pair of flintlock pistols, a blunderbuss, and the cutlass in the pic a gift from ol Captain Hilgard.

Personality: Captain Grimm is a man of well-placed confidence and the passion brought on by cheating death and never really knowing when his number was about to be called. He tries to live his life to the fullest he can each day. But one cannot play all day when lives are on the line. Reality has taught him this lesson at some grave cost. Though reluctant and with a push from his aquatic First Mate he takes his job seriously and knows the crew sometimes needs a leader more than it needs a friend.

Spoiler: History 

Spoiler: Other 

My personal RPA emote!
    Last edited by SikstaSlathalin; 04-13-2016 at 04:58 PM.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

Moon Child
    Feeding Nazgul with a spoon in his white padded room.
    I will try just about anything. Especially Twilight fanfiction. TEAM JACOB!
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

Let me check into my workload, and I may submit a character I love pirates!

Spoiler: Looking for RP in all the wrong places? Click here! 

Spoiler: Friend Quotes 

heaven can't help me now
    Horror, Fantasy, Scifi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yay! It'll be fun, I promise! We have lots in store if everything goes well! /tucks away her list of adventure ideas;

vote for RPA

Scintillating Sinner
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

OFT. PFT. NFT.

Possibly interested. I'll need to read tomorrow night when I'm off.
    Spoiler: stuffz 

Enchantress of Men
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

---
    Last edited by Megilwen; 05-02-2016 at 01:37 AM.

The bumbliest of bumbling bees
    All sorts, I'm open like that.
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Rozzir 'Roz' Samhain, Lookout & Rigger

Gender and sexuality: Male, and Roz is up for anything if he's being completely honest.

Race: Just a plain old human, nowt too special.

Appearance:
    Spoiler: The man himself. 

Powers and/or talents:
    Racial powers

In plain sight - Roz is a human, and it just so happens that humans populate the majority of the world. When in a town or city, or just about anywhere really, Rozzir is rathrer capable at blending in, he can dissapear into a crowd in seconds. And more worryingly/impressively, he's equally good at dissapering when there isn't one. Stealth seems to be a speciality of his.

Street Rat - Roz's upbringing has landed him with a rather comendable set of climbling skills. He makes particularly good use of them with the rigging and sails and whatnot upon the ship. But again, when placed in a city or heavily civilized place, he becomes particularly useful.

Mundane

Quick Hands - Roz is trained with knives and Daggers as far as combat goes. He's got a keen aim for throwing and knows more fancy knife tricks than he probably should. When it comes to fighting he's a speedy devil, and can have a man bleeding out in mere seconds. Combined with his more nimble evasion skills, he's become quite the crafty little bugger.

Heartbreaker - I mean he's gotta use that pretty face for something, and hoo boy does he. Roz is an extreme flirt, and often teases and toys with anything and anyone. So much so it's become a fine skill of his. He has lovers all over the world and will recount tales of them frequently.

Contacts - With so many lover- friends, all over the place, Roz has started to know people in all the right places apparently. He's a frequent of the black market, and whenever the ship comes across some risque cargo, Roz knows just the man to sell it to.

Weapons: Two pretty looking daggers with fancy tassells that he takes evident good care of. They're definetely his most prized possession.
    Spoiler: Roz's little babies. 

He also keeps on him a dozen or so throwing knives at all times, but they're nothing too special. Just something sharp that gets the job done.

Personality: At this point, you can probably paint a picture for yourself of the type of guy Roz is. Suave, flirtacious, arrogant, cool as a cucumber and a little bit of a romantic, you either end up loving him or hating him. Most people go for toleration. He's humorous most of the time, quick to drop a witty line or clever quip (Usually in all the wrong situations though). And then there's the more arrogant side to him, he's incredibly obsessed with himself (And only himself) and to a degree, personal gain. For Roz, there are only to vital things in life, pleasure and death, and lucky for him, he's pretty darn good at causing both. He often opts for the easy way out of things, despite being capable of handling himself, and often has to be ordered to get a job done. He can't half be a lazy sod, and has been found many a time snoozing the afternoon away in the crows nest. But despite all that, there's still something about him that's kinda likeable... Kinda.... Sometimes...

History: Rozzir was born within the exotics of the warm Southern Shores. His mother had many children with many different men. She seemed to scatter them like seeds to the wind, leaving every new child in a different town before moving on and selling her 'assets' somewhere new. Rozzir was but five years old when he was left in Cubaneo, a bustling dirty port town. For a while he got by in the way almost all orphans do, stealing food here, foraging there, each night sleeping under a different bit of shelter.

Until it came to one night in particular. Roz had found a relatively quiet alley, sheltered by a canvas. He'd settled himself for the night in a doorway but was awoken by a noise he had never heard before. When he opened his eyes three women stodd above him, cooeing and clucking at him and his 'sweetness'. Never before the center of such attention, Roz reveled in their attentiveness. The mysterious three women in fact found him so sweet and endearing, that they decided to take him to their home, and adopt him as a mascot of sorts.

It just so happened they lived within a Brothel, and from then on Roz did as well. As so he grew into a life of pleasure and revelry, enjoying the sweet things in life. It's here of course where the famous flirt we know today learnt all his dirty tricks and tips. However upon adolescents arrival, so too did a yearning within Roz. It was a yearning to learn more of the world he was growing to love so, to uncover its secrets and become its master.

And so, Roz gained passage on a ship as a mere cabin boy, at the supple age of 15.

He's never looked back.

Other:
    Spoiler: Roz and the Queen 

AHH I HOPE THIS IS OK! THIS RP LOOKS SUPER FUN

Is this cute enough? ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
    (I think so )
    Last edited by BumblingBee; 04-08-2016 at 05:37 PM.

The last mosquito that bit me had to check into the Betty Ford clinic

heaven can't help me now
    Horror, Fantasy, Scifi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Looking good, C! (I will mess up spelling your name, so from here on out, you're known to me by "C") Don't forget the "other" section in your profile! Double-check the "information" part of the first post if you need more help!

Looks like Siks and Meg just need to finish up theirs! I look forward to them being completed, too!

Tell your friends, guys! Wouldn't want anyone to miss out on an awesome pirate adventure!

vote for RPA

Page 1 of 34 123 ... LastLast