Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: [M]Quiet Relief { Jaybird/Youngblood Roleplay }

☠ Youngblood ☠

"Anything with color in it really. And comedy. I like to laugh- although my sense of humor is a bit morbid." Archer replied, watching as the apartment complex came into view. To his surprise he recognized it; other students had spoken of renting out places at the English Gardens and from what he'd heard it was a wonderful place to live. "And I like cats." He added as he unbuckled and stepped out of the car, tripping a little as he did so while trying to reach back and get his backpack. He'd never been the most graceful creature.

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    variety of them.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Tyler pulled the strap of the satchel over his head, letting it settle over his shoulder. "Then I'm sure you're going to love my place. I know I do." He closed his door with a satisfying thunk, moving over to the opposite side and grabbing Archer's book bag from the seat. "Here you are. Now let's get inside, hm?" He gave Archer a smile, closing the door and locking up the car for the night. Tyler motioned for Archer to follow him as he made his way to the building, opening the door into a nicely lit lobby. He glanced back a few times just to make sure Archer wasn't falling behind and before long, he'd crossed the room to stand beside the elevator. Tyler pressed a button, waiting for the elevator to reach ground level. "So how about for today, we decide on a schedule for tutoring sessions and then just relax? It'd be nice to catch up a bit. The last time we really spoke, you were nine. Time flies by far too quickly."

☠ Youngblood ☠

The elevator wasn't terribly cramped, but Archer still felt the urge to back up against the corner so he could face the entirety of the ascending chamber. He didn't like having a lot of empty space behind him, which is why he often sat in the rear corners of his classes- except Tyler's. That way, he could see everyone in the room, and he was just more comfortable. But this wasn't the time to freak out about a ride that would most likely last less than a minute. Archer held his backpack against his chest, wrapping both arms around it like a child would a teddy bear.

Tyler Loch had never really been considered a brother. Not in Archer's mind. He could remember the first time he'd seen him very vividly. He'd been riding the car with his mother when she had picked him up off the side of the street like a stray puppy. From the backseat, Archer had watched with wide eyes as he took in the stranger's rugged appearance; his unshaven face, bloodshot eyes and the heavy aroma of alcohol and sweat hanging over him like a cloud. It was the same smell that had lingered on his father's every breath since the day that Archer's mother had died.

variety of them.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Tyler leaned up against the wall of the elevator, his eyes on the electronic panel as it counted up with every floor they passed. He lived on the seventh, for good luck as Clary put it when she brought him here. It'd been about three months since they came into his life and Tyler was the one who insisted upon getting an apartment. They'd done so much for him and he hadn't wanted to trouble them anymore than he had already. Clary tried to insist that he should stay but he wasn't easily swayed on the subject. Eventually she gave in and even paid for the first months rent. Tyler decided then that he'd do whatever it took to repay her for her kindness. Her and her entire family.

The elevator gave a merry ding as they arrived at his floor, startling him from his thoughts. "Ah. Here we are. Come on then." He stepped out when the elevator doors slid open, making sure once more that Archer was following before making his way down the hallway. Tyler stopped at a door with the number 310 in shiny bronze looking numbers. He moved the car keys around, sticking a second key into the lock and turning it. "Here we are. I officially welcome you to my home Archer." Tyler pushed the door open to let Archer in.

☠ Youngblood ☠

Archer stepped inside ahead of Tyler, turning his head to take in the living room to his left. Although he hadn't studied architecture or interior design extensively, he could appreciate the way the room was designed to be cozy and spacious all at the same time. Hopefully it would alleviate his constant claustrophobia.

Something brushed against Archer's leg and he looked down. His hair fell into his eyes as he tilted his head - he really could have used a trim - and met the bright green eyes of the cat gazing up at him from the floor. "Where did you find her?" He asked Tyler as he bent down to rub Roxy's ears. "She's pretty."

variety of them.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Tyler went into the apartment after Archer, heading into the kitchen to set his bag down. When he came back, Roxy was purring as Archer pet her. "She actually came around here a few weeks ago. She was really skinny, the poor thing. I've taken care of her since then though. Now she's the prettiest little kitty you'll find around here." He smiled, walking over and picking up the kitten. She was still extremely light as kittens tended to be and was just big enough to hop onto the couch and every other low surface.

Tyler handed Roxy to Archer before heading back to the dining table. "So let's get this work done, okay? Then we can just sit around for a while." He pulled out a chair, sitting down and resting his elbows on the wooden surface. "Immediately off the top of your head, what days will you be free for tutoring?"

☠ Youngblood ☠

Roxy seemed to be content to curl up in Archer's arms while he followed Tyler into the kitchen. He sank down into a chair across from Tyler and set Roxy down in his lap to shrug off his backpack and rest his hands on the tabletop. He thought about Tyler's question for a moment, before offering a tentative "Fridays..."

variety of them.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Tyler reached into his bag, pulling out a pen and a day-planner he kept around simply because he had trouble keeping track sometimes. "Fridays sound good. There might be times where I can't be around on Fridays though or I might be running behind. Maybe I should give you the spare key just in case." He opened the book, writing down a quick note on the Fridays. He had to think that if they did the tutoring thing on Fridays it would be fine to let him stay over to the night. Most of the time, he didn't have anything going on over the weekends anyway and just used those days to relax or grade papers. "Is Friday the only day?"

☠ Youngblood ☠

"Well." Archer considered for a moment more. He never really bothered to do homework at home; if he didn't finish it before he left school, then it just wouldn't be finished. He only worked four days out of the week, and on the weekends he really did nothing more than take care of the house and his father. Since Adam was drunk almost 90% of the time now, maybe the leash he was on wasn't as short as Archer thought. "I can be here Saturday and Sunday mornings. I don't mind the extra work."

variety of them.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Tyler tapped gently on the pages with his pen, thinking quietly for a moment. "Alright. Do you think your dad would be alright if you just stayed over on the weekends? I wouldn't mind the company." He was a bit anxious about a reply, wondering if perhaps he was getting a little ahead of himself. He didn't want to scare Archer away just because he suggested something the blonde wasn't comfortable with. "If you don't think it's a good idea though, you don't have to. It was just a thought really." Tyler jotted down a note in the back of the planner before glancing up.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast