Thread: Tʜᴇ Exᴘᴇᴅɪᴛɪᴏɴs ᴏғ Tʜᴇ Lᴀᴢᴀʀᴜs ☠ ⚓ ☾ɪᴄ☽ ☾M☽

heaven can't help me now
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Horror, Fantasy, Scifi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Tʜᴇ Exᴘᴇᴅɪᴛɪᴏɴs ᴏғ Tʜᴇ Lᴀᴢᴀʀᴜs ☠ ⚓ ☾ɪᴄ☽ ☾M☽

Tʜᴇ Exᴘᴇᴅɪᴛɪᴏɴs ᴏғ Tʜᴇ Lᴀᴢᴀʀᴜs

rated M for mature; anything under the umbrella of this rating is permissible

Four months at sea. It doesn't sound very long, but four months in uncharted water with no heading and too few supplies to even keep even the swabbies fed, let alone the two overgrown lizardmen on board, can be dangerous. They had been fine for the first eight weeks or so, but as of late, the merchant ships had been too heavily guarded for even the Lazarus to take and the winds unfair. Their last prize had come with few supplies and even less in treasure – the Nisse would be a good pay day when they made ashore, but for now, she was only another mouth to keep fed. Brigit knew exactly the bind they were in and hand spent a better part of the night pouring over the star charts with the pilot and helmsman. Sitting in his cabin, Captain Sebastian Grimm was hunched over his log staring at the same entry he's made for a week solid.

Supplies low, need to restock before mutiny.

Nothing but flat waves and a small current keeping us going aimlessly forward, need a heading before mutiny.

The men are getting twitchy and the women are getting paranoid whenever a man looks their way, need to smooth out those tensions before mutiny.

"At least there is still rum..." He lifts the quill and reaches for the glass of rum on his left, but as he picks it up it feels way too light. Looking into the cup he sees that it is empty, hmming gently he placed the quill in the inkwell and goes to his rum shelf leafing through the many bottle shaking them to see if anything is left. Much to his dismay, each bottle was empty, with increased urgency he recheck the shelf then began tearing around his cabin looking for some forgotten blessings from heaven hidden away like buried liquid treasure full of rich burning amber.

But it seems Sebastian was doomed to despair, because there was no rum in his room. Closing his log book he grabbed his coat, sword, and pistols before exiting his room and moving down in the galley. He was hunting for the rum, the most precious thing onboard in some cases. Being used to the sometime eccentric and undying Captain, Jabberwocky the Cook, a former circus performer from the backroads of Ethello simply stepped aside letting Sebastian look through everything.

Tasting the broth, the human cook studied Grimm as he opened every box and cabinet. "Problems Captain Grimm?" He asked a slight country twang to his words.

The Captain grumbled as he continued to look through things, "Rum, who took the rum?"

Jabberwocky quirked his eyebrow and answered, "None down here sir, try Annry, our beloved Boatswain. She was doing some inventory in the hold last I saw her."

Nodding the man made a beeline from the galley and into the hold. It was dimly lit, but the light pouring in from above helped that, but all it really did was dishearten the scarred man further. Many crates were empty and what few things they had were stacked near the center of the hold and being looked over by a bored looking rabbit-woman dressed in a flowing black dress, tall leather boots, and a form fitting bodice with daggers running along a shiny black belt hugging her slender hips.

Walking right up the Captain looked over the beastwoman's shoulder frantically studying her shot list. "Where has the rum gone?"

Annry was so engaged in her task she didn't even notice Sebastian until he spoke, reacting frantically she spun around, gasping, her long ears with a large brass earring whipping against the Captain's face and stagger him a little. The girl grasped her clipboard over her mouth in shock and horror as she spied the red mark blooming across his face.

"By the Plains! I'm so sorry Captain Grimm sir! Are-are you ok?" The rabbit stammered.

Rubbing his cheek Sebastian nodded looking at the woman. "It's fine, where has the rum gone?"

"Uh...we have none here."

Shock was plastered across the Captain's face as he ran from the hold and to the First Mate's cabin. He nearly busted the door down and shouted into the mermaid's room. "THE RUM IS GONE! WHY IS THE RUM GONE!?"

Brigit screwed up her face in a snarl as she finished pulling her linen blouse over her head and tugging it down to tuck it into the loose waistband of her loose harem-style pants. She pulled her vibrant red hair from the collar of the shirt and she crossed the floor of her cabin to her captain in just a few quick strides to shove him, with both hands against his chest, back against the wall beside her now open door.

“First!” She bellowed in response to his shouting. “Because it is a vile drink that turns even the most respectable men into complete scoundrels! Second, because you have not been able to find us a single ship for us to take and your pride has kept us from finding port!”

The merling took her hands from her captain and moved away, snatching a length of belt off her bed and wrapping it around her hips, slipping the leather scabbard onto it before fastening. She added her length of crystals and gems around her neck, dropping it down her shirt to feel them against her skin. Brigit could feel Sebastian watching her, but her back was to him as she fastened her hair up off her shoulders so it looked much shorter than it was.

“Now, it was clear last night and Ikkan and I were able to determine our bearing. The current has pulled us toward the Arthinain and Ethello border. It is up to you to decide where to go from here,” she told him as she groomed; she’d woken not too long ago, mostly to the sounds of her captain acting like a lunatic in his search for rum.

“We have two weeks of rations - rum is the only thing we’re completely out of because of you and your crew’s drinking problems,” her eyes fluttered in a little roll then glanced back toward the captain.

The good Captain momentarily forgot his rum woes upon seeing and subsequently admiring the entire front of his fair First Mate’s torso. Mermaids have always been rumored to be well-formed and fishysticks was no different. But he knew how much being obvious about ogling her annoyed the young woman so he simply pushed himself off the wall and straightened his clothing, locking eyes with her.

“Runepeak is a grand enough time to make port in and the girls are cleaner and far less likely to steal your kidneys. And that drinking problem as you so eloquently put it has been keeping some of our more surly crew from guzzling down all the water, and it’s lack of presence is the quick way to slow mutiny! And maybe we’d have better luck if you asked your dolphin friends for some information or maybe asked some whales to capsize some boats for us we could lift morale a little.”

“No one wants for your kidneys,” she remarked and slipped her cutlass into its scabbard. She was going to leave well enough alone but for his last remark. “Oh, yes, let me just call over a couple of sea turtles, you can rope them together and you lot can swim off and take a few ships on your own. That’d make for great stories to pick up morale!”

Brigit heaved a sigh and ran her fingers through the loose hair near her face, pushing it back, and stood in thought for a moment, her hands on her hips. “Right,” she said, “For Runepeak? It might be harder to play the merchant there, with the fabrics we picked up from that third ship, but Rivers might be able to make contact with whomever she needs about the Nisse.”

“Aye. Sea turtles,” Sebastian nodded reverently at the mention of sea turtles. “Never joke about sea turtles lass. They hear all, but dolphins are far more chatty they could be more helpful. Runepeak is a great place to play merchant. I have some mates that can help us with them. Besides, don’t we have some contract waiting for us there?”

If Brigit rolled her eyes any more, they would ache. She moved past the captain as he spoke of a contract in Runepeak, and she tried to recall as she came out into the small space between her own cabin and the pilot’s.

“Doesn’t he summer in Goldspire?” Making a little face, the merling moved onto the main deck. She hadn’t gotten much sleep; she could tell by the ache behind her eyes and that the air was still cool. “I’ve never liked that man. Do we have to?”

Sebastian followed the girl out and nodded, patting her shoulder gently as he said, “No one likes that man and he doesn’t like anybody else; not even sure if he likes himself for that matter. What a paradox he must be in all the time, but we need money and he pays, so aye, we’ll have to.”

Her footfalls striking hard on the deck was something of signal to her waking crew to pay attention before her voice raised, carrying across the deck and over the noise of the ocean around them, “Strike the sails! Captain has our heading.”

Sebastian would head to the helm, ascending the steps behind her to get them on their way. Her eyes scanned the faces of the crewmen scattered around the main deck and then spotted Roz in the rigging, looking blustery yet coiffed - how he managed that, she would never know.

“Roz! Go check on our new pet and payday, please,” she asked him as she passed under him. Her green eyes looked up to meet his as she said, “And don’t play any mean games.”

A familiar voice reached her ears and she saw Graveward standing on the upper bow deck instructing one of the cabin boys in the finer points of grappling; she ascended the starboard steps and came beside him, her hand moving to cup his elbow, fingers pressing into his forearm to express the urgency that her tone did not portray.

“‘Ziah,” she said, canting her head. “We’ll need to get the crew through a few more weeks without any more rum; unless, by some miracle we find a few kegs in the hold, but...” She gave her head a slow, grave little shake. From where they stood, Brigit could see all around them, feel the wind as the Lazarus cut through the sea below them and hear the snap of the canvas as the sails filled. A storm was headed their way, but in fall near Arthinain, that wasn’t too unusual; the purple lightning, however, was a bit off.
    Last edited by rabbit; 05-02-2016 at 02:20 AM.

ideas? . Hogwarts . WTRT: Side Roads
    my life is still a mess pm me if you want to check in
    vote for RPA

The bumbliest of bumbling bees
    All sorts, I'm open like that.
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

With ships like the Lazarus, they were always more than just a boat. Be it because of the people they withheld or of the adventures they had survived, these sorts of things always held something more special. Ordinary more mundane people would never notice it of course, the more unique souls of the world would perhaps hear its whisper, but Roz, he knew for certain what the special thing was. He knew, that ships like this could talk, and he (Master sailor that he was of course) could even make them sing.

The ever present creak of the wooden boards, the gentle swooshing swishing of the sails, and the soft rise and fall of the waves around them. It was on days like this that the Lazarus sang his favourite song, the melody of a lazy sunshine afternoon, perfect for snoozing. And snooze he did, but, of course, Roz dozed in no normal way. Anyone else would choose somewhere like, say a bed for example, maybe even a comfy looking bench. But Roz? Oh no. His arms and legs were threaded through the coarse ropes of the ratlines, his face hanging down through another gap in the rope, perfectly quiffed hair flowing gently in the sea breeze. For such a good looking man, Roz was very good at looking absolutely disgusting sometimes... now, for example.

However his sunshine snooze was to be ultimately short lived, as a faraway sounding commotion stirred his slumber. He frowned in his sleep and grumbled to no-one in particular, and in response a intruding voice awoke him. To his sleep riddled mind it sounded rather like the rude screeching of a siren, however upon opening his eyes he found it only to be the mermaid instead. Roz whined childishly and attempted to rub the sleep of of his eyes before sending a rather grumpy looking glare Brigit's way.

"Why do you saddle her with me all the time then?! How can I not tease someone as..."

He waved his hands vaguely in the Nisse's direction to prove what he meant.

"Well... that!"

But the Mer had moved on, and Roz was left with his orders. He supposed he ought to follow them. The Nisse in question was lingering nearby as it happened. He'd found her to orbit near him whenever she found herself unaware as to what to do with herself. He frowned at her from his spot in the ratline, at least he was safe up in the rigging, as he'd noticed heights was not a fondness of hers.

Currently she was sat upon a crate with her legs crossed and her hands held atop them, she had her eyes closed too. She didn't half look funny, almost as if she was in a trance. Roz didn't particularly like that idea. With disgusting ease, he untangled himself from the rope and extended himself outwards to look at her better.

"Oi runt"

Her eyes opened with such an intense focus, it took Rozzir back for a moment. Then without even a moment's hesitation, she was back to that nauseating polite demeanor of hers. She glanced at him for a second before averting her eyes away and flustering awkwardly.

"Oh, Sorry I was just... oh. Well... just... sitting here... staring"

Sometimes Roz genuinely couldn't believe this girl has lasted this long.

"You know, I'd say you were up to something if you weren't acting so casual"

The Nisse gazed at him in terror, eyes wide in fear. Roz simply stared casually back, he'd learnt to give her a second or so at this point. It took the poor dear a while to get these things. Suddenly she blinked, then smiled sweetly.

"Oh! You were just joking again!"

Roz merely shrugged.

"That's what I do"

He sighed once more, and leaned heavily back into the ropes of the ratline.

"Or at least try to.."

He decided the Nisse was harmless enough as it was, and as of yet she hadn't caused any trouble. Therefore, he deemed his order fulfilled and another attempt at a sunshine snooze beckoned him onwards. Without even giving the Nisse another glance, he began to climb upwards to the crows nest. Hopefuly he'd be able to catch some shut eye there.

Hopefully.

And so Teasel was left to her own devices once more. Wonderful. For a ship full of murderous vicious pirates they didn't half mope about a lot. Surely they should be singing shanties, or maybe even discovering some buried treasure by now?! But no, just another day of sailing, exactly like the day before, and the day before that, and that day before that. What fun.

Though she supposed she shouldn't be too doleful, for the constancy at sea was the only thing prolonging her newfound freedom. Though she couldn't even call it freedom really when she really thought about it. She was more like a prisoner aboard an overly large cell. Could be worse she supposed, at least a prisoner got fed.

Deciding to entertain herself for a little while at least, she diddled over to the bannister and standing on her toes, gazed over the waves and tried to recount an old poem she'd heard once about the sea.

The last mosquito that bit me had to check into the Betty Ford clinic

What is best in life?
    Were ever there is a evil priesthood to be looted and a princess to be saved
    All of them are great if well written and with good pepole
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Copost by TheBarbarian and Gumbo

The surgeon's cabin was a small cramped affair. In one corner a hammock hung with a seaman's chest sitting under it. Currently it was open showing a thousand different herbs and tinctures. Most of the room however was taken up with a table onto which a person could be placed. It was rough thing with grooves along the sides allowing for the blood to fall off it more easily.

Sitting on it currently was a man at arms looking sheepish as Avan sewed up his broken brow. Blood streamed down from the cut though it looked worse than it was. Head wounds always bled in large quantities. Avan hummed to himself tunelessly as he worked working at the man's brow with a careful hand.

Finishing up he wiped the blood off the young man's brow and bandaged up his head. That done he turned to the man. "Now I don't want any more fighting Kar. I don't care what she said about your mother, hitting another man at arms is a serious thing." He would be disciplined later anyway but that didn't mean that Avan couldn't get a little lecture in. The man muttered something apologetic and got up. They were getting more antsy with every passing day. This was a well run ship it was sad seeing it devolve like this.

About a minute after he had left the door opened again. Liz who was sleeping in his hammock lifted her head up in lazy interest. This time showing the blond hair and blue eyes of the Itican lieutenant. Avan smiled. "Aaah Leeka. Thank you for coming. I wanted to discuss something about one of the men under your command. Sit." He gestured at the small stool next to the table.

Leeka was on the top deck when she'd heard of a fight between the other men. Rations were thin, the alcohol was practically gone, fights were expected. Sadly though, as the diplomat, it was generally her job to sort them out. She knew that the injured were likely to be in the surgeon's cabin, so she headed there first, glad that Avan was expecting her.

Leeka nodded her head in greetings towards Avan, pleased by the man's politeness. It was a refreshing change compared to the men's usual bluntness and profanity. She sat down on the stool and looked up at Avan, trying to keep her expressions neutral as she fought off the urge to smirk and asked, "What happened?" as she brushed back her blonde hair.

"Oh that was nothing just the men at arms getting antsy after all this quiet and waiting." Avan sat on the table and Liz jumped up to join him running up to his shoulder her small black eyes looking at Leeka with interest. "That's not what I wanted to talk about actually. I was about to have some tea, if you would care to join me." The tea was still warm as he had made it only an hour ago. Avan liked to keep an eye on the crew's psyche as well as their bodily health. The best thing for that was some tea and a good talk.

Leeka paused for a moment, a bit unprepared for his offer, "Oh, yes that would be wonderful," she replied, staying in her seat. "Thanks for offering." She smiled while brushing her hair back again.

"Ofcourse." Avan grabbed two chipped porcelain mugs that they had taken in one of their many raids on merchants. He poured the tea and gave Leeka one and took one for himself. There was a moment of silence as he savored the first sip of the tea. He was no artist but he could make dam good tea when he wanted to. Finally he spoke up, thinking that it was better to start with something small. "I've always wanted to ask. I have traveled to quite a lot of places in my time but never quite made it to Itica. What's the island like? I have heard it is one of the most beautiful places this side of Arthinain."

She smiled sadly, "It's the most beautiful island on this side of the world. Tropical islands and plants everywhere, a beautiful turquoise sea, sunsets everyday," Leeka paused, chuckling, "Sadly, most of the crew wouldn't be allowed there."

She sipped her tea, looking out on the water fondly, before saying again, "It's not exactly a welcoming place. The entire island is a constant war zone, but that's normal for people who grow up on the island. You can get used to the tribal violence." The sea rocked the ship a bit as she admired the porcelain mugs. "It's a bit overwhelming for newcomers."

"It sounds like you miss though despite that." Avan said looking over his mug at her. "For a long time I hated the place I was born. Only when I was older did I learn to appreciate how special it was." At this Liz made an amused sound in her small wesel throat and Avan scratched behind her ears. "Do you think you will ever go back?"

"Maybe one day," She spoke thoughtfully, "but for now my place is here. When I settle down I'll probably go back, but who knows? I might not even be allowed back, Iticans are very...antisocial. I've probably been gone too long." Leeka shrugged, taking a long sip of her tea.

"How have you been recently? Are the men being more...aggressive than usual?"

"Oh I've been fine child. One does not attack the surgeon no matter how angry you are. As sooner or later you are under their knife. At least that's what they think." He took one final sip emptying his mug. "But I do fear that if we don't soon make port I will have to do more than sew up a few more brows." He looked at the sea for a moment through the small window in his cabin. "I think I have held you up for long enough. You should get back to your duties before they miss you. Thank you for taking tea with me. When times are less tense we should do it again."

"The pleasure's all mine," Leeka grinned, standing up and shaking Avan's hand, "I'd love to do this again." Leeka waved goodbye, exiting the cabin.

She walked out onto the main deck just in time to hear Brigit yell to the men to strike the sails. Turning her head, she saw the storm, her eyes widening almost comically. The storm with purple lightning. "Holy shit," she muttered under her breath. Ducking her head back into the surgeon's cabin, she called out to Avan, "You might want to come see this."

Avan frowned but followed the lieutenant to the deck. At the sight of the storm he whistled through his teeth. Liz jumped off his shoulder and ran between the bustling sailors to the mas quickly climbing it for a better look. He used her eyes and was rewarded with a better view of the coming storm. "I haven't seen a storm like that in a long time. I need to go see the captain I actually might be able to do something about it." He ran his fingers through his beard thinking. He had not sung a weather song in a long time. He wasn't even that sure he could do it successfully anymore. He turned to Leeka a playful grin on his face. "If nothing else this should at least keep everyone busy."
    Last edited by TheBarbarian; 05-04-2016 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Edited out some stuff that didn't make sense

Spoiler: The Barbarians RP's and answers to questions 

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Bartholomew shook his head.

It had been little over three days since the crews ration of rum had run out, and many had finally begun to sober up, much to Bartholomew’s dismay. He could only watch with apprehension as the lethargic, rum starved crew. It truly was a sorry sight to witness for the old sailor, even more so because he knew first hand what rum withdrawal felt like, he knew that to sailors, it was more addictive than Dwarven tobacco.

“Alright boys, you heard the First Mate, strike the sails, and do be careful. I’ll not have you rum starved lot screwing up my well maintained sails. Now get to it.” Bartholomew commanded, and was answered by mumbled curses and sore, angry glares. Bartholomew made sure to gently rest the palm of his left hand on the pummel of his cutlass, he had a feeling that if he pushed too hard, that he’d be needing it.
    “Now I know you boys are sore, and don’t much care for taking too many orders, so I’ll go easy on you and lend you a hand as best I can.” Bartholomew added, trying to belay any sore feelings that might come his way.

Bartholomew joined two of his fellow crew that had grabbed a hold of one of the ropes and helped the give it a might heave, to pull apart one of the two main knots that kept the mainsail furled, while opposite to them, three more crew members were working on the other simultaneously.Above them nimble footed riggers worked quickly to untie the lesser knots.

With a great SWOOSH the mainsail unfurled guided gently by Bartholomew and the crew. In great succession all the ships other sails unfurled in similar fashion and filled with air, driving the ship forward.

All of them
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default Guest starring Bunny

Barenziah looked up just as the deckhand sprinted at him. Without taking his eyes off of the first mate he swept a foot out and tripped up the cabin boy, sending him sprawling to the floor in front of Brigit. “Remember your stance boy,” Barenziah instructed the cabin boy in his gravelly voice.

“Off you go, instruct the other cabin boys to practice what I have just shown you,” Barenziah stepped past Brigit and sent the cabin boy packing with a smart clap on the shoulder. He felt Brigit grasp his forearm and speak in his ear with a practiced calmness.

“Ziah, we’ll need to get the crew through a few more weeks without any more rum; unless, by some miracle we find a few kegs in the hold, but…”

As she shook her head Barenziah frowned, his friendly demeanor seeming to shift a little with the tilt of his face. His red within red eyes glowed dully and he addressed her in a soft voice, “We’ll manage for a few weeks without rum. The crew is not so disloyal that they would abandon either you or captain Grimm.”

Barenziah gently shook off her hand and looked towards the approaching storm. “Even if they start to get mutinous, they will hesitate when they realize that the Master-at-Arms will stand by the Captain to the death, if only because no three of them can take me in combat, unarmed or otherwise and the only person who seems to be capable of sneaking up on me is you.” He nodded back towards Brigit.

“Aw, was that a compliment?” She let a soft smile flicker over her mouth, amusement in her tone. It was a short lived little expression, however, and her hands came to rest at the small of her back. Brigit followed his gaze and she saw that he’d noticed the storm off in the distance, too. “No, I know. The the rum may be gone, but we do have the kegs of wine we got off the merchant with the Nisse; they ought to hold us over, but all the same, you stack too many crates and eventually they’ll topple. Just takes the wrong wave.”

“Not so much a compliment as an acknowledgement of skill,” Barenziah responded, turning back just in time to see the first crackle of purple lightning. “Good thing’s are not usually heralded by sinister storms.” he remarked casually. “Wine will have to do. Drunk is drunk, after all. And just make sure you tie those crates down and you won't have to worry about it.”

Brigit puffed up her cheeks like a blowfish when she heard Barenziah’s words. He was a difficult man to argue with and his advice was something she didn’t take lightly. The storm was an hour or two off at least, so it wasn’t too much of a concern at the moment, even if they were sailing into it - they had no choice if they were to get to Runepeak on the supplies they had. The Lazarus had weathered worse, she was sure of it.

“Sinister storms? It’s a rain cloud,” Brigit mocked.

She dropped her arms to her sides, resting her fingers on the leather belt around her hips. Turning and putting her back to her Master at Arms, the redhead cast her eyes out over the deck of the crew, watching. Brigit felt like she was forgetting something.

Barenziah decided to overlook the slight on his judgement about sinister clouds and turned to Brigit, dropping a heavy hand on her shoulder. He paused for the briefest of seconds before stepping past her and mounting the companionway stairs. “Marines, step to and meet me amidships,” his baritone boomed out over the hub-bub of the crew.

A troupe of similarly clad men burst out of the hatch. Amongst them was the cabin boy who had been learning from Barenziah earlier. When the cabin boys were not serving the officers of the ship they fell under Barenziah’s tutelage. “We’re sailing into a bitch of a storm” he growled looking each of them in the eye. “I want you Kent and Mckellen to assist in me in making fast the powder storage. Armitage, Bustler, and Folkstein I want you to report to the boatswain and assist with whatever tasks he has for you. Tolstove, take the cabin boys Marti and Pharas, make sure each cannon is properly secured. I don’t want to see a single thing being thrown about in the heaving of the storm,” At this Barenziah glared balefully at them all, his dim red eyes seeming brighter than usual.

“The last storm we went through like this ended with us having to careen the ship for repairs. Don’t disappoint me gentlemen. If a single thing goes wrong you’ll all be taking the holystone duties for a month. Oh and someone fetch that idiot Rook from the surgeon's cabin, inform him he is to meet me in the powder room.” and with that Barenziah beckoned to Kent and Mckellen, his two senior-most marines and made for the powder storage.

“Kent, mind what you say,” Barenziah growled at the female marine named Kent, a stocky human with bushy brown hair and fists like bricks. “You’re tough and you’re a fighter but your mouth is far sharper than your wits. If you coax another man-at-arms into fighting by provoking them with that mouth,” Barenziah turned on his heel and slammed his hand against the wall of the deck, bringing her up short. “I’ll loosen your teeth for you.”

Kent quailed fearfully under the suffocating presence of her commanding officer being so close and so angry. “I am aware we are low on rations, - and booze but if you persist this violent nature you will only make things harder for everyone. Be mindful of your comrades.” Left unsaid was the omnipresent threat of those who were not mindful of their comrades when Barenziah was around. In charge or not, people who did not play for the team had an odd way of disappearing around Barenziah.

Unlocking the powder room door with his heavy key, Barenziah swung the door open and motioned for Kent and Mckellen to enter first. He left the door open so that Rook could enter when he caught up to them. “Kent, Grab that spare ratline and add it to the weaponry racks. If something should damage the casing holding them they’ll get tangled up in the ratlines instead of bumping about all over the powder sacks. Mckellen, move those three barrels port and aft, next to that pillar and tie them off with two ropes, one higher and one lower,” Before they had finished the tasks Barenziah had set them to, Rook entered through the left open door and stood sheepishly to the side. Barenziah turned to him for the briefest of instances, noting the neat stitching. “Ill talk to you later, boy” Barenziah said scathingly. “Assist Kent, and both of you watch your mouths.”

After they had finished securing the powder room - not that much was needed - Barenziah lead his three senior marines into the cargo hold, and there they helped the crew responsible to fasten down their cargo. Afterwards Barenziah sent the remaining deckhands up to the cook to help secure down their rations. If they lost even a single barrel of wine in this storm, it would be catastrophic to the morale of the crew.

“Right, head back up to Bartholomew and assist his crew of riggers with the sails until you are called away to a different task. Make sure once the cabin boys and your fellow men-at-arms finish that you instruct them to do the same. Fetch the Gunners and have them assist you as well.” Kent, Rook, and Mckellen saluted and bustled off to see his orders filled out.

Barenziah himself stalked up to the main decks and looked out at the storm.
    Blackus Jackus the Eighteenth, Lord of the Apocalypse, Lord of Despair, King of Large and
    Unmentionable Monsters, Unholy Space Pope of Jackism, Chief Administrator of the Feeding Pits of Malgor the World Eater, Margrave Presumptive of the Holy Roman Empire, Chief Justricar of the Free Companies, Grand Maester of the Cowboy Space Pirate Robot Ninjas, Heir to the Duchy of Cheese and Quackers, Countess of the Space Truckers of America, Janitor of the International Space Station, Duke of Disneyland, Baron of Boredom, Court Jester to the Courts of Wrath, Princess of Procrastination, Exchequer Extraordinaire, Chancellor of Chamber Pots, High Steward of Shai Hulud, Marshal of Muffins, Constable of Confections, Admiral of Admiration, Knighted Hobo of Estonia, Slayer of Hutts, Esquire, Lord of the Dance. Prime Menistor

Dark Lord of the Gif
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Default A Sik/dna production

[QUOTE=SikstaSlathalin][QUOTEnafein]The lizardman's eyes popped open, studying the wall over his tail, as the door to the cabin next to his burst open. Ikkan listened to the argument as he stretched, uncurling from the ball he slept in. Slipping back into his pants the large crewman stepped out his door and slunk past the couple. He couldn't help but overhear a few comments.

Reaching the ships wheel the pilot eyed the previous nights watchman before checking heading. Waving the fool off Ikkan planted a massive scaled hand on the ships wheel and waited. As the captain approached the lizard man attempted to pull one of the human's called jokes on the man.

"Kidney pie." The lizardman said turning slowly to eye the captain. His voice calm. "Bloody and fresh; Sounds delicious, yes?"

Captain Grimm hmmed softly as the big lizard took the helm. This was ok by Sebastian, steering the boat was so very dull, and it took away from the joy of rum! Which is a sin in itself. Pulling out his pipe the undying man stuffed it full of tobacco and lit the little bowl standing by the rail watching the crew bustle about.

As Scales spoke Grimm nodded.
    "Ay, but I prefer my steaks to be that rather than a pie, a pie should never be bloody! It's supposed to be full of fruit and sugar...and rum! We're heading for Runepeak my lizardly faced friend steer us true!" He says heroically totally oblivious to Scales's attempt as a joke.

The lizardman wasn't sure if he did the joke telling right but it didn't matter. Solidly gripping the wheel he spun the ship to its new heading. "I always steer true." The large male stated matter of factly.

His eyes dashed across the deck studying the movements of the crew, the meat dashing around doing mundane tasks that keep hands busy and minds occupied. "Will I need to fetch my blade before we reach our destination?"

Sebastian shrugged gripping the handle of his sword.
    "We will have to hope and see Scales. See if you can keep us on the edge of that rather big bit of purple badness over that way." He says pointing to the purple lighting flashing in the distance.

Ikkan's eyes drifted to the encroaching storm. A flash of lightning reflected briefly in his eyes. "I can not promise that." He started already rotating the wheel, attempting to widen the gap between ship and storm. "It looks hungry, and a smart ship runs from a predator like that."

Grimm nodded reaching up and patting the large lizard's shoulder.
    "You are very right, but sadly even smart pirates can't avoid trouble when their supplies are so low. Runepeak is our best bet now. Do what you can Ikkan, you've never failed us before." He gave the Helmsmen a firm pat on the back then moved from the forecastle to check on the rest of the crew.

The lizardman watched the captain walk away before turning his attention back to the oncoming storm. "I never said WE were smart." He muttered to himself. After a moment of watching the storm the large helmsman shook himself. "Crazy? Yes! Smart? I am not sure..." With a shrug to clear his thoughts Ikkan thumped his tail on the deck and focused on his duties.
    Spoiler: Cuteness 

Wanna laugh at a drunken fool? Click Here!
    Watch me Stream or catch old streams here

The bumbliest of bumbling bees
    All sorts, I'm open like that.
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

If you asked him soon after, Roz would tell you it was instinct that awoke him the second time, a gut feeling foreshadowing the oncoming challenge of the purple storm. However, it was in fact a small white blur of a rodent scuttling across his perfect face that disturbed his peaceful slumber. He spluttered and coughed at the action, arms and legs flailing slightly at the upset he'd suffered. But thankfully he managed to compose himself relatively quickly, well, compose himself to a certain degree anyway.

Practically growling, Roz leaned over the side of the crows nest
    "AVAN IF YOU CAN'T CONTROL THAT RAT OF YOURS THIS SHIP WILL QUICKLY BE A RODENT LIGHTER!"
    It was only after this outburst Roz noticed the approaching storm. For a few seconds he simply stood there, hair flowing peacefully in the soon to be short-lived sunshine breeze. Then, in a sporadic animal-like manner, he launched himself from the side of the crows nest and into the ropes of the rigging and ratlines.

With the deft grace of an acrobat, he weaved his way amongst the (In his opinion) lesser sailors busying themselves with the sails and Bartie's orders. It was as if he were a ghost passing between the white canopies of the sails, you felt his presence but turn around and you've probably missed him.

With what any sane person would call a death defying leap, he skidded to a halt down the ropes (Someone managing to avoid a friction burn) and stopped hanging lazily upside down a few paces in front of the Captain. He grinned the devilish grin of his, daring to flash his teeth at the man,
    "So Grimmy boy, I couldn't help but notice there's a little ol' storm brewing over yonder horizon. Thought I should make you aware considering the ridiculous amount of rum you've undoubtedly already consumed"
    Before Grimm could even speak, Roz raised a hand imperiously
    "No need to thank me"

Teasel (The poor dear) had become so engulfed within her own wandering day dreams, she'd somehow managed to miss the fact there was a ominous looking storm brewing on the horizon, despite staring right at the bloody thing. It was as if someone had turned the lights on when her pointless wonderings finally drew to a close. She quickly stood up straight at the sight of those gloomy grey clouds, eyes widening slightly as she did so. She tapped her fingers against the side of the boat anxiously and looked to the crew milling about around her.

They were all just carrying on! As if there wasn't a possibility of apocalyptic doom approaching from a distance! What sort of Pirates were this bunch?! Mouth open in vague shock and horror, Teasel could barely believe what she was doing. Maybe they just hadn't even noticed it? Surely that could be the only reason they'd be ignoring such a ghastly looking phenomenon, surely?

Through either fear, or that pesky heart of kindness she was unable to get rid of, Teasel felt a duty of sorts to inform at least someone, but who? Rozzir had vanished amongst the ropes, the magical fish woman looked busy enough with the strange elf dude, so who? Eventually she settled for asking the person nearest to her.

The clinking of the shackles around her hands announced her approach before the Nisse had even opened her mouth, she went to raise her hands to acknowledge the person but almost lost her balance in the process. How foolish these Pirates must think she was. Blushing, she cleared her throat and attempted contact,
    "Er.., exscuse me. Mr. ... Lizard? Man, person?"
    This idea had sounded a lot better in her head.

Teasel had decided to ask the Lizard creature simply because he was nearest to her at the time, and she figured that he'd be the best to tell too considering he was steering the ship and all.
    "I'm er... not sure if you've noticed exactly, or if... anyone's noticed for that matter... But, there's this ugh- Storm, just over there, just j-just there"
    She tried to point in it's vague direction
    "And I erm. Well. I'm just not quite sure if you've seen it or... not, seen it.."

The last mosquito that bit me had to check into the Betty Ford clinic

Red Ninja
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Captain Grimm watched Roz the Rigger came flipping and slipping down from the top of the mast. So much like a small monkey, minus the tail and cuteness though. As the young man dropped down like a large four-limned spider and decided to state the obvious Sebastian simply blew a cloud of pipe smoke into his face.
    "Hang upside down too much, and the rest of your sense may fall out of your head boyo. We have no choice here." Walking past he patted the Rigger on his face before walking back to main deck assisting some of his crew make ready for the effects of the storm.

Everyone, but the Cook were on deck. Jabberwocky never liked watching a storm move across the sea. Gave him nightmare from his childhood, besides the crew would need food and a warm galley to hold up in should the storm get too bad to stay on deck. With his pipe still clenched between his teeth the Captain had joined a pulling team securing things down. He was working between a couple of Elves a brother and sister by his reckoning. Eilm and Raina, a couple of young ruffians hailing from Foulport. The crew of the Lazarus had saved them from being sold into slavery, so Grimm didn't question their loyalties, even more so since they never drink rum so they'd have no reason to mutiny over it! There wasn't much chatter with the urgency of the storm nearly at their rails, but he silent communication between laborers was easily understood. You grunt in time as your arms work, and whenever someone slacks you either give them a kick or an audible growl bringing them back to the work at hand. Luckily there was none of that this time so the good Captain was content to just carry his weight for a little bit before he had to go back to being the Captain.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

Dark Lord of the Gif
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Ikkan had fought a losing battle; he skirted the storm as best he could, but even the least weathered eye could tell it was futile. The lizard man's tail swished in frustration, and his head turned as a voice spoke behind him.

"Er.., exscuse me. Mr. ... Lizard? Man, person? I'm er... not sure if you've noticed exactly, or if... anyone's noticed for that matter... But, there's this ugh- Storm, just over there, just j-just there. And I erm. Well. I'm just not quite sure if you've seen it or... not, seen it.."

The pilot fought the urge to turn and snarl at the small creature; She was the captain's newest prize and the first mate was protective. Instead he turned the wheel again, trying to increase the distance between the ship and storm. He spoke as he worked. "Yes meat, we know."

The pilot turned an eye on the captain, then back to the snack. "If you are unable to swim, I would suggest you join the cook below." He said to her.
    Spoiler: Cuteness 

Wanna laugh at a drunken fool? Click Here!
    Watch me Stream or catch old streams here

Red Ninja
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

*GM mover*

The intrepid crew of the Lazarus did their very best to stay on the edge of the ominous storm. But there were forces at work that were more powerful than any of them. They managed to hold off the bulk of the night, but around the witching hour when the storm reached it peak everyone was just holding onto the Lazarus for dear life some eve lashing themselves to the rails and mast. It would all be for naught though. The storm had them in it's grip and one could swear as the wind and water battered the planks of the pirate ship they almost hear chuckling in the screaming wind.

"BRACE YOURSELVES!" Was the only order Captain Grimm could give before a massive tidal wave collided with the battered ship and washed it all away. The world was nothing but darkness, stinging water, and splintered wood, barraging the crew and sending some of them to their graves. Time was lost and irrelevant against simply fighting for your next breath. Some tried to cling to each other or to debris and stay afloat, but they were corks in a giant glass of water bobbing about completely at the mercy of the watery force of nature.

Hours seemed like days in the swirling vortexes of the storm. But nothing bad lasts forever and eventually the storm died off. The crew would find themselves scattered across a tropical island, birds chirped merrily, warm white sands offered a perfect bed for the battered pirates, and the waves lapped at their weary bodies caressing them like gentle lovers. But as the sense returned to their minds, bone deep weariness and some pain littered their bodies. They would need to recover quickly and regroup to survive. And they would need a leader, luckily for all of them even this storm couldn't kill Sebastian Grimm.

And the undying drunkard was vocal enough for those near him to hear.
    "Well there goes my chance for more rum!" He pulled himself to a sitting up position staring longing out at sea.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast