Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] Eartia: A New World (OOC)

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    sci-fi; fantasy; cyber- steam- diesel- atomic-punk
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Based on the information given I could think of two possibilities. I would think that any cloning would be in order to combine desirable traits for the new planet in a single body in order to pass on superior traits to future generations born naturally. I would also assume that cloning would be looked down upon because it limits genetic diversity among the very small initial crew which would lead to genetic defects further down the generational lines. (Unless of course there are gene therapies to treat such ailments, we are approaching star-trek tech after all.)

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Clones are not uncommon, but not really common either. Cloning now is very advanced. You can take the genes from a white person and change them to be Asian or black or something. There are shots you can take for cancer, pills for AIDS, etc. Though AIDS doesn't exist anymore, there's a pill for it. lol. But yeah, clones are viewed no differently than anyone else. With advances in biology and genetic resequencing, they are actually made to add more diversity to the gene pool and eliminate the need for inbreeding. But yeah, tech and science is very advanced, which is why we will be able to survive on the planet. Like with War of the Worlds, how the aliens died because of viruses and stuff humans had immunities to? Well we're more advanced than those clowns and have ways to minimize those risks. Like nanotechnology that can target and destroy harmful organisms that do not belong on our bodies. And they come in easy to swallow gelcap form!
    Last edited by Edynol; 05-25-2016 at 01:57 PM.

I'mma Spam-head!
    Wheel of Time in Persistent Worlds
    Spoiler: Join our Wheel of Time World! 
    Spoiler: My Theme Song! 
    Ethanria now has its own Persistent World section! Check us out here!

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Player: AngelDellaNotte

Name: Portia Salvadori

Spoiler: Description: 
    Personality: Portia mostly keeps to herself, she doesn’t have any family or a lot of friends. When she was still in the nursery and youth center she fell into the background with the other children not really doing anything to stand out. She is soft spoken, though when she finds something she is passionate about another side comes out of her and she can talk for hours sometimes becoming very heated about the subject.

Bio: Portia, is a clone her parents or rather the parents of her source DNA lived over 50,000 years ago on Earth, along with her double. The DNA sample was kept in storage to be added to the general population as the voyage continued to keep diversity in the bloodlines. The original Portia Salvadori was a famous actress known across the globe. At least that is what she has read in the data file kept in the ships archives. She has seen many of the movies her genetic double stared in and watched footage of her but thinks they are nothing alike aside from sharing the same source DNA, something she is quick to point out whenever someone brings it up. Portia from Earth applied for a seat on the ship but was not selected having nothing really to offer the endeavor, she was however allowed to contribute DNA to the project, having gone through screening to rule out any hereditary conditions or diseases.

Being part of the cloning program Portia was born via a surrogate. From there she was placed in the nursery raised with other clones and orphans. During her childhood she was a very quiet girl never seeming that outgoing or popular among the other kids. When her teachers and guardians were asked about her all they would ever say is she is nice and polite girl not really having anything else to say about her. During classes she paid attention and always got good marks. Outside of class she usually would find somewhere she could be left alone to read her books. Her usual spot happened to be down in the engine rooms, it was there she was found by one of the senior mechanics. At first he thought she was just another kid he had to chase out, but she found what he was doing interesting and began asking him question after question. A few weeks later the mechanic had come to enjoy whenever he found her there, by the time she was sixteen she had been enrolled in a mechanic apprenticeship. When her regular studies were over she continued with her mechanic studies and is currently a journeyman mechanic.
    Last edited by AngelDellaNotte; 05-25-2016 at 06:03 AM.

Another round of bullets hits my skin. Well, fire away
    Cause today, I won't let the shame sink in. We are bursting through
    the barricades and reaching for the sun.

We Are Warriors

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This looks cool. hopefully I'll have a cs up tomorrow.
    Squid...

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Nanite-augmented immune system, nice. Beats an installed bio-filter.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

The Froggiest
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)

Congratulations!

Your thread has been featured as:

For the week of 05/26/2016

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Awesome! Thanks!

Okay I'm adding all characters to the 2nd post.
    Last edited by Edynol; 05-26-2016 at 10:04 PM.

I'mma Spam-head!

sci-fi; fantasy; cyber- steam- diesel- atomic-punk
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Player: ThunderChief
    Name: Matteo Gatto

Photo of Matteo Gatto

Occupation: socio-cultural anthropologist and psycho-history professor
    Description: 5'10 average build slight paunch, deep stress wrinkles. Green eyes, salt and pepper hair, clean shaven. Wears Dark green pinstripe suit, white long sleeve shirt, light grey patterned tie.
    Personality: He is level headed and even handed in his interaction with others. Although he has tendency to speak professorially which some people consider condescending. His passion about his field of expertise lead some people to see him as a know it all.

Bio: Matteo was born on Hope and underwent training socio-cultural anthropologist in order to preserve the cultures of earth and learn from them in order to pass on the lessons of the past to the future generations of Eartia-E701C. His studies caused him to read wide variety of texts from various cultures on Earth. By far his favorite texts were of the science fiction genre which described contact with new and strange cultures. Since then he has dreamed of making contact with an alien race and that he might become the ambassador of mankind to a new race.

He later began studying Psycho-history, a field that calculates the socio-cultural trends of civilizations and predicts the general outcome of those trends. He wishes to use his knowledge and skills to help the new society on Eartia-E701C to avoid the mistakes made by the previous societies on Earth.

While his passion for knowledge and assigned career (as a professor) on Hope has made it difficult for him to enter politics, he believes that his students will carry his lessons into leadership positions.

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cool. Added.

I'mma Spam-head!

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Would like at least one more person before we start, but if not I'll make the IC today. Already got most of it done.

I'mma Spam-head!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast