Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ( IC ) Firefly, post Serenity RP [PG-13]

Near the Halo Ring by the Omega 4 Relay with the other Power Rangers
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    D&D, Sci-fi, realistic ones, and ones with a video game twist.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default ( IC ) Firefly, post Serenity RP [PG-13]

Floating in the emptiness of space, Kris simply sat back and looked out the window above the table in the dinning hall. Of course he wasn't alone, he had his bottle of home made liquor he made from the engine. It was a bit tricky to figure out, not to mention the few nights of massive hangovers and the pain from his innards. After the mixture was figured out, he kept a few bottles in stock just in case he couldn't afford the real stuff. Sanguine, a model 4 Firefly class ship. Her name came from the faded paint that caused the ship to look red and rustic, like metallic blood. The biggest difference between the model 3 Firefly and the model 4 were the two engines on the sides. Each slightly stronger than the model 3 allowing for better boost and acceleration once turned on, not to mention the fact they use less fuel, but are heavier.

His crew was decent enough, granted they were a rag tag group, he had to trust them to a certain extent. His pilot, Mike, young, inexperienced, rash, foolish, not to mention his little tricks while flying. It is a pain, but Kris knows he's just playing around during a less serious situation. They haven't had serious moments that called for precision flying but sooner or later all that clowning around should come in handy. The only wish he had is that the kid would know the difference between the two situations and that he doesn't cause any of the crew to get hurt during said flying.

Junk, not that was a odd ball. A shy mechanic that likes her privacy, not to mention her work. Catching a few thrown tools aimed at his face from her while she isn't looking at him while he's either looked at her work or entered a room without he knowing, startling her. Her aim scares him a bit, but it's amazing to say the least. The one thing he can't figure out is that she loves playing cards, which is never a bad thing, makes getting a little extra cash easier. The only thing he hates is her shyness. Wishing should would speak up more rather than write down what the ship needs and what she's done to bypass worn out parts. She's a good mechanic, could be a great one if she stuck to one ship, but a jack of all trades and master of none is always better than a master of one. The only upside is if she learned the whole ship and could "listen" to her so things could get fixed quicker without simply spotting it just before whatever breaks down.

Another one that he couldn't help but bring on is Cori. A drunk that has to take pain meds to even move around. Granted she is a great shot and decent in a fight, Kris just wished he didn't have to worry about her. Worrying about the pain she is putting herself through. It isn't lost to Kris that Cori served during the U-War, as well as what side she was on, it's probably that fact alone he even considered to bring her aboard. Her antics towards the crew do leave something to be desired, but it comes with the territory after someone comes back from war. He only hopes she doesn't go too far with the crew and force Kris's hand.

Letting out a sigh, Kris took another swig of his homemade brew as he gleamed at the stars outside the ship. "....Just gotta move this cargo and get paid....that's all tis needed." He said to himself slightly out loud. The cargo itself was about 15 simi-large containers, which contents are unknown to Kris and the crew. He didn't care what was in them due to the fact knowing could change what happens on the job. However, the ship is still having to move around whatever could be a threat regardless of whatever is in her hold. Kris just hopped Mike picked a decent path to the designated drop off point.

They picked up the cargo from a freighter just outside the planet Anvil within the Red Sun system that circles the sun Himinbjorg. The drop off point is located near Lazarus that circles Heinlein in a sister system within the Red Sun system. It's a short trip compared to most, but the person that is picking up the cargo couldn't go to Anvil to pick it up. That's why Sanguine was selected to pick up the cargo and move it.

Getting up from he's seat, Kris began to move to the cockpit to check on Mike's flight path and see if he's learned anything in his short time being on the ship and how secretive Kris likes to move about.

The Shadow's Embrace
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

"Shhh shhh... D-don't worry little one..." Junk was gently stroking the engine, her head laying upon the machine like a native of old listening to the earth. She was the definite odd ball of the crew, but the results she brought usually outweighed that fact. Several times she's done emergency repairs, hearing the ship in pain, and kept things from going tits up. She continued to stroke the engine, listening to it before finally nodding. "I-I think I un-understand... Yes..." She moved away from the engine to her little work station, picking out a few parts from a pile and her tools. She fashions together a few temporary fuses, carrying them over to the engine before opening up a panel.

Just like the engine had told her, there were some fuses the were close to blowing out and two that were completely out. One by one she deftly switched fuses out, the only noticeable effect through the ship being a brief flicker in power in the hallways and the kitchen area. With the work done she smiles, petting the engine again. "There w-we go little one. A-a-all patched up." She stepped back over to her work station, grabbing her paper pad and scribbling down that she will need fuses soon. She almost writes down asking about having a poker game later, but she stops herself. She didn't want to bother the captain with that matter. Besides, she suspected him of cheating sometimes. Of course she never brought this up though.

With the paper torn off and a roll of tape in her pocket she exited the engine room and silently made her way the captain's room. She didn't want to run into anyone else, preferring to keep to herself instead of the company of others. Without incident (expect for a tripping over her own feet that will never be mentioned again) she reached his door and without even knocking to see if he was there she tapped the note to the door. He'd see it eventually and at some point he'd get her the parts she needed. With that she started on her way back to the engine room, taking a detour to swing by the kitchen to smell if anyone had cooked anything.
    I am the blade of shadows embrace. Just because I am a user of an unholy power doesn't make me evil. For without light, a shadow cannot exist.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Heson Shadowbane is on discord! For those friends of mine that want to keep in touch with me just send me a message and I'll give ya my deets.

Dark Lord of the Gif
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

The remains of his meal sat on the console next to him as Michelangelo reclined in his chair. His guitar in hand the youth plucked the strings. His feet rested on another section of the console, his toe tapping the air to keep the beat. His eyes were focused on the display that revealed his carefully planned route. A path that skipped the more traveled transit routes as well avoiding the typical alliance patrol routes.

Closing his eyes to focus on the music he was playing, he was oblivious to the lights in the hallway flickering. The soft chords drifted through the air, and out of the cockpit. The youth couldn't help himself he began to sing the classic.

"I'm sailing away, set an open course for the virgin sea," He crooned, "I've got to be free, free to face the life that's ahead of me." His voice dropped as he hummed.
    Spoiler: Cuteness 

Wanna laugh at a drunken fool? Click Here!
    Watch me Stream or catch old streams here

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

She woke up laying sideways across her bed still in her clothes, most nights she slept in them and wondered which hurt more her leg or her head. The latter from the hangover she was experiencing while the former was actually caused by an injury to her back. Strange thing the human body was, it was her back that was messed up but that rarely hurt in comparison to her leg. Cori sat up using a shelf on the wall to help pull herself into a sitting position then swung her legs over the edge of the bed feeling a wave of vertigo come over her not sure if it was from the pain shooting through her leg or her headache. “Wǒ tā mā de!” She cursed as she remained still a moment until it passed then reached over to a small pill bottle sitting on the shelf and picked it up. She shook it hearing a faint rattle inside then looked at the label reading it before opening the bottle, “Take one every four hours as needed for pain, not to exceed six doses in twenty-four hours. Do not take with alcohol.” Cori really didn't know why she bothered reading the label she knew what it said and never really paid much attention to it as she dumped the contains in her hand. Three pills came out and shrugging she popped them into her mouth chewing them up. When she first started taking the pills she would swallow them whole then found if you chewed them it worked faster, at first the taste was horrible but now it barely registered.

After taking the pills she reached for a nearly empty bottle of whiskey on the shelf drinking the rest of it down and dropping the empty bottle in a waste bin. She would need to stop by the infirmary to check with the doctor to get some more pills, and while she was down there she might as well stop by the cargo bay to see if she had any more bottles of whiskey stored away. If not she would have to see about bumming some of that rock gut the captain made. On the floor next to her bunk was her brace and she leaned down guiding her foot into the boot then buckling the straps up to her thigh. She tested it a few times, it working but seeming to need a bit more fluid, add stopping by the engine rooms to her list of things to do.

Cori pulled her boot on and laced it up thinking to herself it would be nice if she could buy only one boot at a time but the damn things always came in pairs and she always ended up throwing one away. She stood up and grabbed her hat from the table before stepping into the hallway just in time to see Junk scurry away without saying a word. Briefly she thought about calling out to her just to startle her and see if she would do something stupid like trip but decided against it not sure if she would be able to catch or dodge whatever tool was sure to come flying at her. She looked at the door across from hers seeing a note taped there and pulled it off looking at the list shaking her head as she knocked on the door. When she didn't get an answer she shoved the note into her pocket and started walking back towards the dining area noticing the captain sitting at a table a bottle of his rock gut before him. Cori walked over to the man retrieving the note and handing it over to him, “Seems the ship's little mouse left you a grocery list.” Cori said, using the nickname she had for the mechanic.

(translation- Wǒ tā mā de: F*** me)
    Last edited by AngelDellaNotte; 05-31-2016 at 11:04 AM.

Another round of bullets hits my skin. Well, fire away
    Cause today, I won't let the shame sink in. We are bursting through
    the barricades and reaching for the sun.

We Are Warriors

3Spooky5U
    Science Fiction/Slice of Life/Fandom
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Fatima was sitting by herself in the cold familiarity of the infirmary, mindlessly cataloging supplies while tapping a basic tune on her workspace. She could hear the steps of the crew echoing throughout the ship, along with one resonating swear from the crew's own resident narcotics abuser. It was a shame, Fatima thought, she could be more useful if she wasn't chained to alcohol and medication. Fatima herself never got into them, they weren't popular in her village, and it was nearly impossible to get drugs of any kind. Sutton would probably argue that they help, which she could make a decent case for. Fatima just thought of alcohol as baggage. Maybe if she had spare time she could find a better alternative than Sutton's current meds.

Jun Kae's light footsteps could be heard, but only because the metal echoes quite loudly from the cargo bay when people walk above it on the ship. She was a nice young woman, and a mechanical prodigy, or so her work on the ship suggests. Dreadfully shy though, something that would need to be fixed if she ever wanted to work outside of a ship.

The pilot was odd. Cardones was young. Very. Fatima was almost 3 times his age. He had proven himself to be an excellent pilot, however, and a lively edition to the crew. It's good to have a smiling face on the ship. His hair was what fascinated Fatima the most. It was practically orange and stuck out at odd angles. It was so different, Fatima could say that it's what she noticed most about him, much to her own shame.

McMichaels was a fine man, and appeared dedicated to his subordinates, a quality Fatima found refreshing. His had the air of a soldier, despite how little he revealed about himself. It was just something Fatima could sense. His authority was practiced well, and he was an honorable man. She was proud to serve under the man, despite his seemingly gruff and uncaring exterior. He was the ideal Browncoat.

Stretching and awakening herself out of her musing, she felt her stomach growl. Walking out of the infirmary, she went into the cargo bay and up the catwalk, entering the dining hall. She nodded to Sutton, looking around the small space and not noticing any food lying around. "Good morning Sutton," she added while looking around the room and noticing the captain leaving, "Captain McMichaels," She nodded her head in greeting before he left.

"Sutton, do we have any food?" she finally asked after a minute of looking for food, with no success.
    Last edited by Griff; 05-31-2016 at 07:55 PM.

Griffin / Gumbo / Gambit / Griff

Near the Halo Ring by the Omega 4 Relay with the other Power Rangers
    D&D, Sci-fi, realistic ones, and ones with a video game twist.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just before he was able to make it out of the dinning room, Cori blocked his path.

“Seems the ship's little mouse left you a grocery list.” Cori said.

Reaching up to take the note from her hand, Fatima, the ships doctor entered from the other side of the room.

"Good morning Sexton," she added while looking around the room and noticing the captain leaving, "Captain McMichaels," She nodded her head in greeting before he left. "Sexton, do we have any food?"

Before Kris could reply to Cori, he answered Fatima first. "Check da store room..." The small little store room for the dinning room/kitchen was located on the side that lead to the engine room, by a small little circle of chairs and a table that was lifted within the room by a single step up. The door was easy to access despite the furniture around them but still unnoticeable if you didn't know what you were looking for. Finally he was able to reply to Cori. "I noticed that...thanks for not freakin her out this time." He said in a slightly serious tone as he read the note.

"Y'all play nice...owh, and share da food. Don't need the doc knockin you out with meds we haven't got yet." He added as he walked passed Cori and onto the cockpit to check on the route Mike chose to take.

After a few steps and short stair climb, Kris was within the Cockpit. Mike was playing his guitar and singing some tone the Captain had no care for. Deciding to jack around with Mike, trying to be as quite as he could, Kris reached out to the neck of the guitar and turned one of the nubs that would either tighten or loosen a guitar string. He turned it just enough to throw the pitch of the string off but not enough to damage the string.

After his little prank was done, Kris made his way to the Captain's seat, the other one within the cockpit and began looking at the screens, thumbing around until he found the route Mike chose. Seeing how it was as straight of a shot one could make with all the frequently used routes that get hit by unsavory hijackers and that are patrolled by the Alliance, it was easy to say Mike did pretty well. "Not bad....seems you learned somethin." He said in a jokingly manner. "Although your taste for music could use a little help...." Granted the Captain also played guitar but he preferred instrumental over singing any day, although the occasional lovely addition of a female's voice would make due too.

Noticing the food still on the pilot's console, Kris decided he'd play Captain. "Ya know, I'd really appreciate if you would take your food back to da kitchen once finished. Don't need food gettin lodged into someplace while you have to do some fancy flyin. It could gum up da works and cause somethin to not work right, if at all work period." Leaning back in his chair as he read how long it would take to get to their destination, he decided to add onto what he just said. "If that were to pass, we'd see how far you can fly as I'd toss you out da cockpit." That part he was serious about. "I've seen bad things happen due to people leavin crap out they shouldn't have....shoot two guys once cause of it..." Story time....

The Captain continued. "Guy was sharpenin his blades, and left one hangin off da side of a table, well he didn't know but above him, a box was about to fall if da ship rocked. Well da ship did rock and da box fell. Box hit da handle of that knife and caused it to flip end over end towards my head. I didn't notice it but it wisped by, hittin the wall behind me, but still. I shot up and fired a round into da guy with da knives and da moron tasked with puttin da cargo up. I didn't kill'em but they never screwed up again....." Looking at Mike, Kris finished. "....don't make me hurt you too."

Keeping eyes locked on Mike to prove he was serious, Kris waited a bit before he smacked the arms of the chair and stood up. "Welp.....I got a task for our little mechanic so...don't screw up too bad in here..." With that said Kris left the cock pit, walked back through the dining area. "Any y'all seen or heard where Junk may be at?" The look of curiosity was on his face as he addressed whomever was still in the room.

The Shadow's Embrace
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Junk had already gone back to the engine room. She had her own room on the ship, but it was very rarely used. The ship was too quiet there in Junk's words. Instead she put down a bedroll in the engine room and just slept there. It was frowned upon at first, but a few well thrown tools and stutter filled conversations later it was just accepted that's where she stayed. On her way back she kept her head down, trying to not see anyone that would stop her until she slipped through the door into the engine room.

There was no lock on the door which had led to some embarrassing moments, mostly with the captain, walking in at inopportune moments because he never knocked. Such is the story of the dents in the wall next to the door and in the hallway from her thrown tools. She wouldn't give up her spot in this room though, gently giving the engine another stroke. "Th-the c-captain will be getting y-you some new bits soon San. Then y-y-you'll be back in t-tip top shape." The mechanic gave a smile, placing a kiss upon the metal.

She laid herself down on her bedroll, staring at the engine with a smile. It was never clear to others how Junk listened to the ship or heard it speak, but it was obvious there was something to it. She closed her eyes, nodding softly. "The p-pilot never p-puts y-y-you into any serious d-danger I kn-know. I st-still think h-he's a tad re-reckless sometimes w-w-with his stuns and an-antics." She laid a hand on the floor, nodding again. "K-kind... Yes th-the people a-are kind... M-mostly..."
    I am the blade of shadows embrace. Just because I am a user of an unholy power doesn't make me evil. For without light, a shadow cannot exist.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Heson Shadowbane is on discord! For those friends of mine that want to keep in touch with me just send me a message and I'll give ya my deets.

3Spooky5U
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Fatima looked up at the Captain and answered, "I'm not quite sure, but knowing Miss Kae, she's near the engine room," she faintly chuckled before adding as an after thought, "be sure to knock."

Turning to Sutton she asked her, "Would you like anything?" as she walked towards the store room, trying to decide what to pick. She couldn't, so she resolved just to have whatever Sutton picked. Ah, the joys of indescision.

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Watching the captain leave to the bridge Cori looked at the doctor who rummaged through the store looking for something to eat before calling Would you like anything?" she asked turning back to Cori.

“Got everythin I need right here.” Cori said holding up the bottle of the Captain’s homemade drink. She didn’t bother asking permission and merely poured herself a glass sipping on it. Truth was she was hungry but really didn’t feel like volunteering any ideas figuring that would open the door for being asked to help. She would just have whatever the doctor was going to have. “Could us some new meds tho, the real thing none of that holistic crap.”

Another round of bullets hits my skin. Well, fire away
    Cause today, I won't let the shame sink in. We are bursting through
    the barricades and reaching for the sun.

We Are Warriors

3Spooky5U
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Fatima chuckled while looking back in the pantry, "I'd offer, but we don't have any. Besides, the "holistic crap" might be better for you. It's a bit healthier," she saw a couple of dried apples and some vitamin supplements and grabbed them, mostly because it was the first thing she saw. "or, at least it's cheaper," she admitted before she walked and sat down on the table across from Sutton, and she passed her an apple and a handful of vitamins.

"Here," she said, "Get something in your system."

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast