Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [M] The Knives of Freedom

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Adventure, Action, Horror
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My character will be submitted today at some point.
    "My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style." - Maya Angelou

Fantasy; Sci-fi; Dark Fantasy; Adventure; Mature;
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Hmm... Anyone interested?
    "May the great Twelve have mercy on us all," - Marius, Inquisitor of the Crown

Spoiler: Random stuff 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am interested.
    Allow me to think on a character and I will post them up within the day or next.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Name : Darcy Myers

Faction : Though she has no side at the moment, eventually she will join the Followers. She knows a change needs to be made and feels the methods of the Followers is best in comparison to the Hounds. Depending on how events unfold in the roleplay, there is a chance her view could change and she coulud become a Hound. Choosing chaos over order. But that is something we will just have to wait and see about.

Personality : Darcy prefers order to her life. She is what one would call a minimalist; someone who owns very little and prefers to not have so much 'cluttering' her life and mind. She has no real friends, rarely ever goes out, is quiet about herself and her past, and prefers practice over a night at the pub. Determination and courage are two strong attributes of hers. She has been described as being fearless, but it is only because she has never truly known how to live. Each day she wakes up, goes to work, tries to make a difference, tries to find something that can give her an inclination as to what this life has to offer, then she goes home to her empty flat, and goes to bed. Only to wake up the next day and do it all over again. She is only fearless because she has nothing to live for. No cause to give her that spark that so many feel.

Appearance : Dark brown hair (long and straight), eyes so brown that they seem black unless one is up close, pale cream skin, her back is covered in scars from an incident in her past (burn scars). Darcy prefers clothing that covers her body; high collared shirts and pants. Though her attire could be labeled as 'masculine', all of her garments are quite fitting and show that she is very much a woman. Darcy's appearance : click for image

Backstory : Darcy Myers was born and raised her whole life in Grunwald. Born to a mother and father, both of which she would lose quite early in her life, Darcy grew up without siblings. Medical documents claim that her mother's death was purely an accident, but Darcy always felt somewhere in the back of her mind that that information was false. Her reasoning? The scars upon her back which she carries even now. It was a simple enough kind of day, one that started out as her days usually did when it was just her and her father. She would crawl out of her small bed, dress herself, make breakfast for herself, do cleaning about the house, read from one of the books she had hidden when her mother's things had been taken away, and quietly wait for her father to come home from the pub after work. Some nights he would just stumble in, not say a word to her, then shamble off to pass out in his bed and sleep away the drink. Tonight was one of the other nights...

After she had been taken to the hospital for treatment of her wounds, Darcy would come to remember as that being the last day she would ever be with her father. Though he had always warned her to never say a word to anyone, her little heart could not hold back the pain amd tears while she laid on that hospital bed. She poured out everything she had kept locked away to a nurse who had been giving her something to eat. The nurse, having seen children of abuse come and go through their doors, quickly told Darcy's doctor all that had been told to her. Much fighting and shouting occured but Darcy's father could do nothing to prevent them from taking his daughter from him. But Darcy always felt he never truly cared for her. All he cared about was not having someone there to clean up after him. She doubted he knew anything about kindness or love.

The rest of Darcy's childhood and teenage years were spent in orphanges and schools. She became closed off, untrusting of others, especially any that tried to bring her into their fold. She preferred to be on her own. Proving time and time again that she was quite capable of caring for herself. Even when she was sent to a religious boarding school, Darcy kept her distance from all; preferring solitude, books, and her studies over everything else. Though she missed much schooling after her mother died, Darcy strived to be better than all of her classmates in nearly any subject.

Right after graduating, Darcy enlisted in the police force. She was a part of the top five of her class and proved quite capable of handling nearly any situation thrown at her. Graduating the academy with honors, she was offered a spot on Grunwald police force and has been a part of the force ever since. Though she has been given offers for numerous promotions, she declined nearly all of them. Insteas choosing a spot right above the very bottom. A place that gave her some leway yet not as much responsibility.

On the 10th of August, Darcy was notified of the deaths of various political figures. All police officers were put on alert to try to find the masked vigilante that killed them. His message ringing out for all to hear. For much of her life she believed that Grunwald was being run as best as it could. That her and the people of the city were safe. Yet as she stood at her desk listening to the message being broadcasted out into the skies, she could not help but feel something stir within her. Was he right? Had they all become nothing more than sheep locked away from the open world they were told was filled with nothing but wolves? She was not fully sure whether or not this masked man was their savior or just some crazy person, but what she did know was this : Grunwald needed change. Grunwald needed to be free. Grunwald needed its people once again.

- - - - -

You requested a line from the movie to be posted to ensure that we had read the rules...

"Are you like...a crazy person?"

Or...

"God is in the rain."

(Please let me know if this character will not fit with this plot/universe. I can make any necessary changes. Thank you.)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Accepted! Welcome to the Followers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thank you! I am actually quite excited for this to happen. I greatly enjoyed V for Vendetta and have always wanted a roleplay based on it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

But not too many people are interested as you can see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't understand why. It is a brilliant plot with various outcomes that can occur based on the decisions of the characters. As stated in my character's sheet, there is a chance she could become a Hound instead. It all just depends on how things go. And this plot seems perfect for that kind of thing. Anything could happen.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yup. I'm intending of making the ending is based on player's choice, my first one actually.

Fantasy, Heaven & Hell, Mythology, Supernatural
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hey, I would like to reserve a spot here. I'll try to have a CS up tomorrow

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast