View Poll Results: What should our next setting be?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Supermarket

1 8.33%
  • Library

6 50.00%
  • Park

5 41.67%
Page 1 of 46 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] Compose--[OOC]--Accepting players!

Moon Child
    Feeding Nazgul with a spoon in his white padded room.
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    I will try just about anything. Especially Twilight fanfiction. TEAM JACOB!
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

Default [M] Compose--[OOC]--Accepting players!

IC
    Rated mature for possible language, sexual situations, violence, and other things I cannot think of.

It is based of the premise of the movie called Nerve which I believe is out in theaters now. I had the privilege of seeing a pre-release at my theater and decided to try and turn it into an RP. The trailer can be found here.

In this RP, you get to choose whether you are a critic or an author. Whichever you choose will decide your role in the RP. I will give a scene for the roleplay to start and where it goes from there can be up to the authors, or possibly the critics.

----------------------------------------------------------

Authors:
    You will choose a character, you can even play as yourself if you wish. As an author you will be given dares or challenges that you must complete in your writing. Those challenges will be chosen by the critics. If you fail to complete them in the amount of time given (a certain amount of posts) You are out of the RP. Those dares can range from writing challenges or dares that may change your current course of action in the plot. As the RP continues on, the dares begin to get harder.

Spoiler: Examples 

These are just small examples, and I hope the critics can come up with much more creative challenges. The plot challenges could be very different based on how the scene plays out and what the authors are doing. If you fail to incorporate your dare/challenge. You will be eliminated from the game.

Critics:
    Your job is to come up with fun challenges for the authors! You do not however get to come up with challenges for all the authors. After the first round of posting, you must ‘subscribe’ to one of the authors. The authors’ subscribers are the ones who get to choose their dares. I would like to see at least one subscriber per author to start out. The players will work on keeping their subscribers or gaining more by making their posts intriguing and incorporating your dares in an interesting way that makes people want to subscribe to them. You can change your subscription if you please after every round of posts. If a group of subscribers can not agree on a dare/challenge or convince the other subscribers. Co-GM and I will come in and help make the choice for you, based on what the majority wants for that turn.

--------------------------------------------

**As an author if you drop to 0 subscribers for more than 2 possibly 3 rounds. You will be eliminated from the RP.

If you are eliminated either due to lack of subscribers or not accomplishing your challenge, you may become a critic. There is a potential for hurt feelings if you do not get subscribers, or if those subscribers do not believe you fulfilled the challenge. So please make sure you understand that before becoming an author.**

--------------------------------------------

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. There may be things I have not thought through, or did not describe well. Also, I’m open to ideas! Just shoot me a PM.

The scene given will be modern realistic. So, authors, please create characters accordingly! There are 6 player slots open and will be first come first serve. I may possibly be willing to add more if I feel we have a good amount of authors vs. critics.

When we get down to 2 players, we may all end up choosing one dare as the final test for a winner, or they may get different dares. We can discuss this throughout the RP if you like.

I will try to keep up in this OP with how many subscribers a player has, and what their current challenge is.

So are you ready to compose?

Are you a critic or an author?

-----------------------------------------------

Spoiler: Rules 

Spoiler: Character Sheet (Authors) 

There are currently 6 slots for authors, the others must be critics. There can be an unlimited amount of critics. People can even pop in and subscribe for a round or two and then unsubscribe and quit playing altogether. Please just note in the OOC or in a PM if you are unsubscribing. If you do not contribute to dares/challenges or write your opinions on them, then you will be eliminated as a critic.

Authors:
    TheCat
    Subscribers: SilverClaw, Dnafein, Minkasha, Evening_Rain
    Challenge:Talia has to talk her way out of having the cops called on her/getting kicked out of the bar.[Time Limit: 1 post]

Maikuolan
    Subscriber: Krysis
    Challenge: Menaced by midget(s)! Use a semi-colon. [Time Limit: 1 post]

ScottishGal
    Subscribers: Dnafein, Imp
    Challenge: In close proximity, and in gross fashion, sneeze in another character's face. [Time Limit: 1 post ]

IssyEspeon
    Subscribers: SilverClaw, m139
    Challenge: Experience Gravity, A drink gets spilled as a result.[Time Limit: 1 Post]

Texan_Queen
    Subscriptions: Minkasha, m139
    Challenge: Engage in Dialogue. Dialogue must include a common Latin phrase. (ie, Semper fideles - always faithful, Tempus fugit - time flies, RIP, etc.). Make it flirtatious.[Time Limit: 1 post]

Critics: Minkasha, m139, Silverclaw, Dnafein, Imp, Krysis

DISCLAIMER: This RP is not for the faint of heart or the overly sensitive. This is meant as a fun RP as well as a writing challenge. There will be players eliminated. I would appreciate if it stayed good natured even if you are eliminated. You can try to convince subscribers to subscribe to you and keep you in the game.
    Last edited by .Karma.; 12-05-2016 at 09:02 PM.

Spoiler: Looking for RP in all the wrong places? Click here! 

Spoiler: Friend Quotes 

PREACH FORGIVE ME PLEASE I BEG OF YOU!
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Oh my, how deliciously ambitious this is. The critics almost seem like trolls with some degree of power.
    Thank you MayhemsCurse <3

Spoiler: Memorable Quotes 

Moon Child
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

Yes, basically! Haha, I'm glad you like it <3

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

May I join as a critic? I simply cannot help myself.

Moon Child
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

Absolutely! I need to make a section for that.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

How complex and long winded can challenges be? And do they have to be directed to other characters or can the critic ask them to do something to a stranger (and who writes the stranger's reactions?)

Moon Child
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

I would probably write the strangers reactions. You can have them do something that would include an NPC. I want the challenges to start out small, but can become more complex. If you have think it might be too complex you can always PM me I'm trying not to become too controlling over the challenges and basically let the subscribers decide amongst themselves. Only stepping in if I think it far too much or unable to complete or if they are breaking a rule

Fantasy, Mature Fantasy, occasionally Sci-Fi and will dabble in other stuff
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Woop woop...
    Set by the masterful Karma

Action, Sci-Fi, Fanfic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I know it says it's not for the faint of heart, but I'm willing to take the challenge to see how well I write since I do like to write. (I just usually never post them here) So I will apply and see how far I make it in this RP. I hope to last and be the last one standing.

Name: Rick Medina
    Appearance:
    Spoiler: Spoiler 

Personality: A fun quirky guy, he often likes to joke around but he knows when to take things seriously. Mainly he's that one guy that people will miss the most due to how much joy he seems to bring to people. Even if people are sad, he sure knows how to say things that can lift up someone from despair.

Background: Rick likes to hangout at a local internet cafe where he ususally likes to sip on his cup of Joe. He mainly sits and ponders about what to do in the day while also trying not to be like his father. He doesn't sit alone though. Opposite of him is his good friend Enrique who chills with him and talks to him while discussing the latest in music, gaming, movies, as well as academics.
    Last edited by Punished Snake; 07-23-2016 at 03:27 AM.

Thanks to Crap for the Sig.

Moon Child
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

Sorry if I was unclear... you as a player are part of the 'authors' group... Your character doesn't actually have to be an author <3

The authors group is just hte ones that get to play IC in the roleplay. The critics get to tell you as an author... what they want to see your character do... Does that make sense?

Page 1 of 46 123 ... LastLast