Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] Land of The Lost!

RPA Honor Guard
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

Default [M] Land of The Lost!

An earthquake, the greatest and most powerful you've ever felt, shakes the ground around you. A fissure, like a giant beast's hungry mouth swallows you and you tumble down. You black out, and awaken in a lush jungle. You have found yourself in a land unlike any other, a Land of lost things, for you too, are now lost in...The Land of the Lost!

You must find a way to survive, and you could even thrive in this lost land, all you need is the drive.

Welcome to The Land of the Lost! In this world, every time someone loses something, or it 'vanishes', it winds up here. So among the lush jungles and rolling hills, as well as the beautiful plains, are piles of junk, and even old, decrepit buildings. People have managed to find their way there, though years and years of isolation have caused them to revert to more primitive tribal cultures, though usually new arrivals (like you) tend to stir things up a bit.

Worse though are the creatures that also live there, such as dinosaurs, and even worse things...

In this RP, you will be taking on the role of some of these new arrivals, who have managed to find there way there (well, more like fell there) from one of the various universes (fictional worlds, as well as regular or alternate earths (feel free to create alternate earth timelines) You can also play as Canon characters of some of these worlds, though some restrictions apply.

You characters have their destinies intertwined with one of the tribes living in this land, their village situated near a ruined RobCo industrial facility. You will be tasked with building up this tribe, and turning it into a thriving empire. This is combined with maybe trying to find a way home (if you even wish to)

CS

Name:
    Height:
    Weight:
    Universe from:
    Biography:
    Weapons and Equipment:

Other: (the biggest one, if your character has any skills or stats (especially if they are from a video game or ttrpg), list them here. You can put as much or as little as you like, but remember the more powerful you are, the more powerful the enemies are. Try and keep magic to a minimum, though supernatural things are fine.)

Role:

The role refers to what you will be doing in regards to the village, usually defined by how your character is. These roles reflect the various things that are done in an rts or other strategy game like Civilization and include

Military - a soldier and/or trainer of soldiers. Your job will mostly be clearing out enemies or defending from attacks.

Gatherer - focusing on gathering resources and doing scouting ahead of military characters and groups of soldiers.

Science - in general, researchers and nerds. Their job is generally interfacing with computers and developing weapons and technology, as well as building weapons. Also medics and doctors.

Building - the engineers and such, they build defenses and other buildings, as well as repairing said things.

Diplomacy - the diplomats and speakers of the group. Generally charismatic and usually deal with social issues like trading and other inter-tribal relations.

Now, these roles do not bind you to any specific one task. Each character can do pretty much anything, but their role is simply what they are best suited for. Each character has one role.

Rules

1. Follow all RPA rules and generally be respectful
    2. While typically I am generally flexible on posting and such, but I'd like at least 2 paragraphs if you can, and post at least once a week. Good spelling and grammar is also requested.

3. Combat will be handled in two ways. If I through a bunch of nameless mooks at you, feel free to hack away at them, but give everyone a chance. If however, I single out a guy and have him run at you, you can still kill him, but make it a long, dramatic fight, at least a paragraph, but more would be good as it would be like a duel.

4. for your characters, try and keep them humanoid.

5. as always, have fun, and I reserve the right to change anything as I see fit.

Characters:

Peter Dannison
    Zul'jera
    Ruby
    Ana Amari
    Purphorous Hayden
    Orynn Farkin
    Moshi Umiko
    Last edited by Cfavano; 07-30-2016 at 04:53 PM.

Spoiler: Things I like 

2Spooky4U
    Mostly Fantasy and Parody, and some Sci Fi
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)

Hmmm, this looks interesting, I will probably make a CS... I promise I won't play Ajani this time xD

and dreadfully distinct/against the dark a tall white fountain played

Art Thread
    |Ask me stuff|My Characters

Spoiler: Quotes, sets, gamertags, things to click on 

Fandoms
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Name: Serena
    Appearence: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/534802524480031677/
    Height: Five feet four inches
    Weight: 120 lbs
    Universe: Marvel's Thor
    Bio: Serena is the twin sister of Loki, the trickster god. The two were abandoned as babies due to their small size and weakness, originally the two were meant to be separated as a means to protect their true identities, but that wasn't an option as soon as they were apart they both started crying. Thus being said the two were raised as royals of Asgard, Serena may be smaller than her brothers but she is no less weaker.

Like Loki she is trained with magic as well as with a sword, also like Loki she is quite intelligent and occasionally enjoys getting into trouble with her mischievous twin, Serena and Loki are connected they know what each other is feeling and can read each other like a book.

Serena being the only daughter in the family her brothers and father are very protective of her, not that she really needs it. Serena has proved many of times that she can handle her own, but it feels good to her to have her brothers come to her aid when someone has hurt her or broken her heart. When it comes to others Serena will do anything to help them out, and when it comes to family she will defend them to the very end no matter what.

This is proven when Loki gets in trouble and Serena stands by her twin brother's side being there for him when everyone else has essentially given up, you do not want to make this girl mad as she will take you down.

Weapons: A sword attached to her belt and a dagger hidden in her boot.

Role: Military or Gatherer if needed.

Other: On this world she has lost her god status as well as her magic and is now considered mortal, besides being a strong fighter both with a sword and hand to hand she is also very intelligent and has a vast knowledge of surviving in the wild from all the training and camping trips she took with her brothers and father.

Her calm mind and her think before you act is one of her best assets.
    Last edited by Chello; 07-23-2016 at 12:07 AM.

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." Anonymous

"Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

you know I did say keep the magic to a minimum, and you post a god

- - - Updated - - -

also didnt fill the sheet out right

3Spooky5U
    Science Fiction/Slice of Life/Fandom
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Oh. I thought this was about the TV show.
    Oh well.

Best of luck with your rp!

Griffin / Gumbo / Gambit / Griff

Fandoms
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well I can just make her mortal on this world like Thor was, also what else am I missing?

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." Anonymous

"Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chello View Post
    Well I can just make her mortal on this world like Thor was, also what else am I missing?
    the other section, where you itemize her skills and everything she can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit View Post
    Oh. I thought this was about the TV show.
    Oh well.

Best of luck with your rp!
    it uses the setting

2Spooky4U
    Mostly Fantasy and Parody, and some Sci Fi
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)

Default Character Sheet

Name: Zul'jera

Appearance: Her skin is a light greenish-blue and her hair, often styled in tied back dreadlocks and ornamented with feathers, is bright red-orange. Her eyes are also a deep red. Her face is usually decorated with white and red warpaint, and she has many piercings, including a nose-ring, many earrings, and snakebites.

Height: 7'5

Weight: about 200 lbs

Universe from: Warcraft

Biography: Ever since she could remember, Zul'jera has been a huntress for the Darkspear tribe. Growing up as the youngest of many brothers and sisters, she always had to compete for the attention of her elders, which might have contributed to her brash, headstrong nature. She has been using a bow from childhood, where she discovered an innate ability for marksmanship. At 13 she went on her first hunt with the other warriors of her tribe and proved her worth in combat. She has devoted her life to protecting the values of her clan and fighting anyone who dares challenge her might.

Weapons and Equipment:
    - Longbow
    - Quiver of arrows
    - Leather Armor
    - Bandages

Other:
    (Skills) Marksmanship, Survival (Trap-making, foraging, etc)

Role: Gatherer

Note: Since you mentioned dinosaurs in this world, would it be out of the question for Zul'jera to tame one to use as a mount/pet? She has plenty of experience with raptors and a hunter is nothing without her animal companion :3
    Last edited by Splat; 07-24-2016 at 10:16 PM.

and dreadfully distinct/against the dark a tall white fountain played

Art Thread
    |Ask me stuff|My Characters

Spoiler: Quotes, sets, gamertags, things to click on 

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

possibly. i mean Chris hemsworth dd

Dark Lord of the Gif
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Special thanks to Kicks for the banner.

I'll work on getting a character up. I wanted to drop off some links to help you gain interest in the RP. Let me know if you have any questions or need help, and have fun RPing!

If you've already got a submission worked out, feel free to post it in the Roleplay of the Week Advertising thread.

Roleplay of the Week- For more information about how to have YOUR RP featured as Roleplay of the Week!

RPotW banner shop! If you need help making a banner for your roleplay, just hop in and ask one of our lovely artists for some assistance!

Staff Siggies are seen everywhere!

Roleplaying Games Directory is another means of getting your RP seen.
    Spoiler: Cuteness 

Wanna laugh at a drunken fool? Click Here!
    Watch me Stream or catch old streams here

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast