Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] Draconian Prophecy (Ushima/Ashen)

Better Then Expected
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Mature, Romance, Parody, General
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

"Hey hold on." Mikal looked over Astroth. "He doesn't look so good. Are you ok boy? What happened?"

"He was upset when he found out you were missing. Several times he tried to go out on his own and ended up hurting himself." Gladios explained. "It happened right before I returned to the castle. The joint of his wing is sprained."

"Oh buddy." Mikal hugged Astroth. The dragon sighed. "I'm so sorry you went through that."

"He'll be fine. Flying with a passenger was ill advised." Galdios patted Astroth's side. "Another day or two and he'll be good to travel."

"Guess we're doing this the old fashioned way." Mikal sighed. "Oh well. We can be just like the adventurers of old. Walking from place to place in search of danger and excitement." In reality, Clover and himself were exactly like the adventurers from the old tales. Seeking danger, to end the plights of the world. In their case, Diabolus. Never before had Mikal thought about his future with such uncertainty. Two beings from different cultures thrown together by fate. It didn't help that both sides were at war with each other. It seemed as if their destiny had a sense of humor. "It'll take three days on foot."

"Then I suggest we get moving." Gladios went on ahead.

Mikal walked over Clover. "Hey. You going to be ok?" He knew of the divide between the Lucet and Draket. The Draket were Lucet who stayed loyal to the Drakil. Seeing traitors wouldn't sit right with anyone, regardless of side. Carefully he reached out, Mikal wanted to pull her into a hug. To show her he was here for her if she wanted his shoulder to lean on or ear to talk to.

The Ashen One
    medieval fantasy, adventure, psychological
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

So intent on protecting herself from the enemy's pet, she hadn't realized this Astroth might have been hurt. Clover looked over the scaled beast, checking for signs of injury. There were all sorts of small wounds on the dragon, common marks on any animal. Most of her tribesmen had such scars from all the battles they fought with nature, and the children of her tribe were completely covered with scratches and bruises from rough play. She wasn't concerned for this being, but she could tell Mikal was. Clover kept her distance, knowing that, if needed, she would be able to gather herbs to help with pain or infection.

After explaining that Astroth was going to be alright, the Draket started moving again. Mikal didn't immediately follow him; instead he went to Clover. She raised an eyebrow at him. "I'm fine," she insisted, and stared down blankly at his outstretched arms. She continued in a quieter tone. "Do you think it's wise to be showing affection out here? We'll be getting closer and closer to your people, and who knows what he'll spill if given the chance. I should hardly like to be considered the enemy prince's whore. Your people will gut me for that."

Clover didn't move in for the hug. She would have liked the warmth, but still did not trust Mikal's friend. Even beyond that, she did not know what it meant to show affection, or receive it. Did Mikal really care? She still didn't understand why he would. She had nothing to offer him. If not for some spur of the moment decision on her part and some silly dragon on fate's part they would have never even met, unless on the battlefield. She got the feeling he wasn't faking it, especially not with how he acted about it in front of the Draket. Clover didn't want to think about it now. She shook her mind and continued on, not daring to walk beside the traitor.

As they walked, Clover watched the dragon. "It's weird to see one of these again. They're not common forms in our tribe, and since you took all of ours, they've become a symbol to us of the Drakil Empire. Usually, dragons are hated and feared creatures. I've always been intrigued by them, though. Overgrown bird lizards. They're fun to take the form of." She turned to Mikal. "He lets you fly him? You two seem very close."
    Thanks to Craze for the beautiful Bravely set!

~Recruitment Thread~
    Spoiler: Ashen's Personal Hall of Fame 

Better Then Expected
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Mikal's arms dropped as his hug was rejected. A brief wave of depression washed over him. He wanted to wrap her in his arms, hold her close and let the world disappear around them. Was it because of Gladios? Was she worried about him and if he saw them together? Gladios was loyal to him above all else. They were like brothers. If that was the case he just had to get Clover to realize that Gladios was on their side. Which was something Mikal knew was going to be impossible due to the fact that his friend was a Draket and Clover was a Lucet. There was already an immense distrust between the two groups. When the Lucet left there were some who stayed behind, content with staying with the friends and families they made. It was a bridge of trust that will be difficult to build, maybe impossible. Crossing it was another story.

So sighing dejectedly he turned around to face his dragon. "I've had him with me for a long time." Mikal reached his hand out and scratched Astroth's forehead. The dragon's eyes closed as his human partner gave him affection. "I carried his egg around until he hatched and the two of us grew up together." Astroth nuzzled into Mikal's chest. "Honestly I don't know what I would do without him by my side." The red dragon let out a low rumble that echoes around them. "He says he feels the same." Mikal smiled. "He also says he likes you and you'd be a good mate for my stubborn partner...hey!" Astroth let out a few barks of laughter, or as close as a dragon could get to laughing. "Here, he likes his forehead scratched." Astroth turned his head to Clover, lowering it so she could reach.

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Clover didn't know how to take the winged beast. Mikal was obviously very close, even being able to understand the dragon's social cues. The Lucet wondered what it would be like to have a companion like that. Pets were a weird custom she didn't understand. Without parents in her life, she had no people to pay direction attention to her. No close friends, no significant other... Clover didn't have anyone like that. As she thought on that, her mind wandered to the enemy prince. No, she thought to herself. He did not fit that bill, and nothing would change that.

She looked up at the dragon at the joke, then rolled her red eyes. "A good mate, huh?" she said, though her voice didn't sound as angry as her body language seemed. She hesitated before reaching up to scratch the dragon's forehead. "I like being scratched on my forehead too, or just between the eyes." She moved to demonstrate for the dragon. "On the belly is nice too, and there's a spot just between my wings that is divine if you can manage to hit it right." As she scratched the dragon, her eyes went to the traitor. It disgusted her to know he would have preferences too, that he could transform like she could. Her smile faded then.

After a few moments Clover shook her head. "We really should get going," she suggested. "I'd like to get these things over with soon. Can't be prolonging Diablous, you know?" She spoke sarcastically, not very invested in this fated tale. Did the traitor know about the black dragon? "It'd be nice to get a better view of the castle, too. I didn't get a good look the first time. Was a little busy tossing its prince out a window, remember?"

~Recruitment Thread~

Better Then Expected
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Mikal rolled his eyes. "Yes, thank you for bringing that up." Sighing Mikal ducked under Astroth's wing. "You do bring up a good point thought. Let's get going." The prince started walking forward. His dragon barked, turning on his legs and bounding after his master like an enormously oversized hound. Mikal reached out and pet Astroth under the chin as the red dragon caught up. "Good boy."

"My lord." Gladios was waiting for them up ahead. "Everything ok back there?"

"Everything is fine Gladios." Mikal smiled as the Draket fell into step beside him. "We just had to have Clover and Astroth get acquainted is all."

Gladios nodded to that. "Good idea. It'll help later if your dragon is friendly with Clover."

Mikal let out a sigh. "You sound as if you have something important to say."

"Indeed I do." Gladios turned toward the prince. "Have you put any thought into a cover story? Or some way to explain who Clover is?"

"Somewhat." Mikal scratched his chin in contemplation. "Maybe we can say she's your cousin?"

Gladios shook her head. "She would never go for it. Not even if it'd be an easily believable lie. That's how deep her hatred of the Draket is." Gladios sighed. "She calls us traitors. Yet I see her tribe as nothing but traitors."

Mikal looked at Gladios out of the corner of his eye before refocusing his gaze forward. "I must say you're taking her inclusion well."

Gladios chuckled. "It's cause I trust you and your judge of character. If you say she's a friend, that's good enough for me." Gladios smiled at the prince. "Plus seeing you lovestruck is entertaining." The Draket laughed as the prince sputtered and called him an asshole while they continued to walk.

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Clover giggled behind her hand as the prince and his dragon-dog caught up with their shape-shifting friend. She wouldn't let him live that down. She enjoyed watching the man and his dragon interact, too. There was a special relationship there, a relationship Clover wasn't sure she would ever be able to understand. His culture had pets, hers did not. She couldn't remember ever seeing a human with an animal like this. She'd heard stories, and the childhood tales of funny stories of humans and Lucet mimicking such relationships, but they had always been stories. As she watched them, she realized she had a lot to learn about Drakilian culture.

She noticed the two men talking to each other. She couldn't quite hear them, but she easily remedied that. She continued walking as a wolf, listening to them. They were talking about her. Did they forget how easily she could listen in? Clover continued on silently, until they stopped talking. She regained her human form then before either would notice the switch.

The two were playfully insulting each other. She had to smile at that. She hadn't had any best friends of her tribe. Her closest friends were the children, people she could not insult without offending. Mikal and she sometimes insulted each other. Was that the same? Before she could get too caught up in her thoughts, she raced forwards and placed her hands over Mikal's eyes. "Guess who?" She giggled. "Did you forget I was part of this group too?" She took her hands away and walked between the men. "You can't ignore your guest. For a prince, you have some awful manners."

She was kidding, and gave that away with a flip of her tail. She glanced back at Mikal and winked. "So when we get to the castle, will we be getting a full feast? I've never had castle food before. Where will I sleep? How long will I be staying?" Clover thought on it all. Would she even be a welcomed guest? How long before they got tired of waiting for Diablous and just went their separate ways? She shook her head clear. "Do you think the Drakilian kids will like me? I bet I could teach them a thing or two about tribal games. You could join too, Mikal. You'd fit in." She glanced back at him again. "I'm kidding. Don't look so serious."

~Recruitment Thread~

Better Then Expected
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

"Gah!" Mikal was surprised when Clover took his vision away for a few seconds.

"My apologies my lady. We didn't mean to exclude you. My lord and I tend to get caught up in our planning and discussions. He actually treats guest rather well." Gladios listened to Clover's ramblings. "Maybe he should." Gladios replied. "The prince didn't exactly have a normal childhood. He didn't run around playing games. Once he was old enough he started studying and training."

"It kept be alive didn't it?" Replied the prince, causing the bodyguard to chuckle. "As for sleeping arrangements, well..." Mikal's face darkened red causing Gladios to laugh harder at the prince. The Draket moved on ahead of the group leaving Mikal and Clover by themselves, with Astroth walking happily beside them. "Well I was planning on sharing my room with you. If that's a bit forward I can easily arrange some guest quarters for you down the hall from me, no problem. Nice big stone rooms, large bed that's like sleeping on a cloud. Nice bath with scented oils. I can get servants to wait on you hand and foot."

Gladios' voice was heard in the distance, "Now now prince don't spoil her."

"Shut up!" Mikal yelled, then grumbled under his breath. "I can spoil whoever I want." While Clover was at the castle he wanted her to be comfortable and happy. Wanted her to be treated like royalty. She was his guest and would be treated with dignity and respect. Anyone who defied his order would be dealt with quickly.

Gladios yelled again. "You're getting the royal treatment my lady. You must be very special to the prince." Mikal remained silent, his face flushed in embarrassment.

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Clover didn't like the Draket responding to her conversation with Mikal. She kept quiet, not quite acknowledging what he said. "I'm oh so special to you, hm?" she said, teasing him. She gently punched at his shoulder. "Already inviting me into his bed..." Then, more quietly, she added, "So eager for that again?" She shook her head. "I don't know how I feel about all this pampering. My own room, and baths with oils...? I don't think I've ever had a bath like that, or a bed." She quieted to think on it.

What were her tribe think, knowing she was laying with the prince in a proper bed? How would they feel, knowing she was eating proper meals and having long baths? Those were things of prissy women, the sorts of women she used to make fun of. No one in her tribe had ever had a bed, and few had ever had a bath outside of a river or lake. Proper gowns and maidservants... It was the lifestyle her tribe had never exercised, would never exercise. It was not part of their morals, a hierarchy system like Mikal's. Everyone worked together in the Lucet, there were no slaves or servants. Just thinking of participating in such a lifestyle made Clover uncomfortable, almost as if she were denying her people.

She shook her head clear, not wanting to think on this. Clover cleared her throat. "We'll figure out what happens when we get there, okay? I don't want you to make plans quite yet." She motioned towards the Draket. "We don't need people thinking stuff like that, do we? It might be better if we start in separate rooms at first, and if you treat me only as an equal. Or, well... I guess even an equal in your society would be esteemed." She shook her head. Drakilian culture was not going to make sense with her. "Never mind. How far are we from a resting spot? Do you think they'll have ingredients? I can feel myself getting hungry."

~Recruitment Thread~

Better Then Expected
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

"We can stop soon if you want. It has been awhile since we had breakfast." Mikal's own stomach was starting to gnaw at him and he placed his hand on it as he walked. Astroth himself let out a rumble, enjoying the idea of a break. Mikal patted his side. "Yes buddy you can go find something for yourself."

"There's a stream nearby." Gladios announced. "I recommend stopping there."

"Water? Of course." They turned off the path and the came to a spot next to a stream. Astroth stalked off into the woods to secure his own food.

"I'll gather wood for a fire. If Astroth is back by the time I return he can light it for us." Gladios announced and he too disappeared into the trees to complete his task of gathering firewood.

"I'd offer to help but gathering wood made up the majority of my tasks. I could use a break from that." Mikal sighed and laid down onto his back, sword next to him. "See anything around that you can use Clover? Maybe some mushrooms or herbs?" He couldn't think of what else could potentially be around but he trusted Clover's skills to find something edible. "Maybe I should hunt? I haven't seen any evidence of animals but I could maybe come across a few squirrels or a rabbit or two. Doubt we'd get a deer with Astroth stomping around." The prince scratched his chin. "Hmm maybe he'll bring us back something too. If he isn't too greedy to eat everything."
    Last edited by Ushima; 04-25-2017 at 04:00 PM.

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Clover watched the way the tasks were divvied up. She was glad to see the Draket leaving them alone. She wouldn't have trusted the dragon to go off alone, but obviously Mikal did, and she would trust his judgment. That left just the two of them again. "I don't know that I would put my full faith in a dragon bringing us back enough," she said, looking to where the beast had disappeared. "Let's do some hunting for ourselves. We're bound to find at least a rabbit, and I'm sure I can find some spices."

They started off in search of edibles. Clover led the way, sniffing around for anything they could use. As they walked, Clover ran her fingers over the various leaves. "These are tasty," she said to some, and "Poisonous, these," to others. She gathered what she could, making Mikal help with the carrying, until they both heard something. Clover looked up at her companion and raised a brow. "Sounded like a meal," she said. "Are you ready?"

She drew both her knives and listened for what was near them. It was something small, but something filling. Her stomach gave a small growl, and she quietly swore. "That's not going to help us." She glanced over to Mikal. "Sounds like it's come from just over there. If we can corner it, we might be able to catch it more easily. Wait." There was more shuffling. "I think there might be two of them. One for me and one for you."

~Recruitment Thread~

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast