Page 1 of 26 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Fall of Superheroes

September Member of the Month
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default The Fall of Superheroes

Mutants are usually plain looking humans. Most of them don’t have any true way to differentiate them from other people in terms of appearance. For all its worth, a human and a mutant are nearly the same thing in appearance. However, every mutant possesses a unique gene that grants them superpowers. Every gene is completely different like the fingerprint of a person. These superhuman abilities manifest in these mutants at relatively random times. A majority of mutants have their superpowers manifest when they’re teenagers, but some have reported their abilities becoming apparent at a later age. The oldest person to has ever manifested superpowers was at the age of 55.

Scientist have always speculate that mutants have always been around, but humanity just never noticed them. There is evidence that supports this hypothesis, but there are skeptics out there that say mutants are only a recent occurence. What cannot be disagreed with is that mutants had an exponential growth in the late 20th century. As if a dam had busted, mutants began springing up all over the world. It was enough that the public couldn’t ignore.

Mutants were at first feared by the general public. These were extraordinary people in the disguise or ordinary folk. These mutants were viewed as a menace to civilized societies. A majority of mutants wanted to maintain their simple lives, but human supremacist groups made it impossible. Mutants were hanged purely because they were mutants. Some mutants fought back, but that prompted further retribution from hate groups and provoked more people to view the mutants as dangerous. When one mutant wipes out an entire group of human supremacists by himself, people became even more scared and paranoid.

Gangs of mutants started to form to protect themselves. They were usually born out of necessity and oftentimes turned to crime to stay financially afloat. Few people were hiring mutants in gangs to work for them. These crimes ranged from small time robbery to high stakes bank heists. Due to many of the mutant’s extraordinary abilities, the average vanilla police force was unable to handle them.

Some of the mutants possessed abilities that simply made it impossible for police forces to defeat. There was also the shear array of powers that any mutant might have. There was no designated method to deal with mutants since they were all diverse and had different strategies.

The U.S. government created a organization tasked with dealing with mutants. They were named the United Defense Force or UDF for short. The UDF was originally an American only organization, but quickly expanded to cover most of Europe and Canada. The other countries formed their own organization and dealt with mutants in their own way.

The UDF trained their officers to deal with mutants. Their gear covers a wide spectrum and is often customized to deal with individual mutant powers. Their new training methods and equipment were instrumental in dealing with the small time villains, but many other villains were still too complicated to contain and capture. Even worse, villains formed bigger gangs to combat this new threat.

In response to this, the UDF formed the Hero League. The Hero League was originally a gang of heroes that protected their hometown of Chicago against villains, but they were recruited by the UDF to help protect the western hemisphere. The UDF expanded their recruitment and brought in anybody and everybody they deemed mentally stable and willing to help. They offered good money and favorable terms for all mutants. Mutants who joined the Hero League were often given superhero name and costume to seperate them from their secret identity. This was to ensure mutants could live a civilian life and fight villains.

Many of the mutants that were previously captured swapped sides and joined the Hero League. Rogues who never joined any gangs often enlisted due to the protection the Hero League gave. Entire gangs were often recruited since they never truly wanted to be criminals in the first place. While there was no punishment for not joining, being by yourself was often deemed dangerous.

Not all mutants joined the Hero League. Their reasons ranged from distrust of the government to having a preference for villainy. A good majority of mutants didn’t accept the offer of joining the Hero League. Some continued their gangs and tried to expand their influence. Some just tried to keep their abilities under wraps to continue their lives. Others used their new abilities to generate a profit in a brand new way. One rogue used her superhuman ability of voice to become a renown singer.

The Hero League’s primary objective was to combat the mutant criminals. With the help of the UDF, the fear of mutant villains decreased a fair bit. The Hero League also strove to create a better image of mutants. They endeavored to build better public relations between mutants and humans. One of the first steps they took was to call mutants, metahumans instead of mutants. Metahuman sounded more kinder and less derogatory than mutant. Mutant over time became an insult. Metahuman was the more sociably accepted word.

Through the work of the Hero League, the public began to fear the Metahumans less. Metahumans were less harassed and they slowly became more accepted into society. There are always some that fear the Metahumans, but a majority of the world slowly became used to Metahumans. The Hero League saved civilians, helped out after natural disasters, and put down the too dangerous villains. They were deemed the beacons of justice and gave the Metahumans a better name.

While the Hero League was a capable force of heroes, they were still faced with many gangs of Metahumans who didn’t disband. The Hero League kept most of the villains from becoming too powerful, but every once in a while someone breaks through the mold and crown himself king of a city. This usually prompts heavy response from the Hero League calling in all their teams to deal with the threat. Only two groups have ever fully taken over a city and remained successful until the present day.

The Hero League and the gangs have maintained a fair amount of balance for years. There was always a strong amount of Heroes to deal with the gangs’ plots. And there were always enough villains that escape so that they wouldn’t be wiped. However, over the years, that balance is slowly being disrupted. The Hero League seems weaker and the villains seem to only grow in numbers. Villains are mounting more dangerous and unrestrained schemes. The fear of the Hero League seems to grow less every-day. Villains seem to be winning the overall arching war.

Furthermore, actions of a few Heroes have made people doubt the integrity of the Hero League. People are starting to wonder if they are all as pure as they make themselves out to be. While the media boasts that there is no trouble or corruption within the Hero League, the actions of a few Heroes make that boast hollow.

You’ll be playing as a villain in a new team that has formed in Pleasant City. You’ll be working for a super villain name Mary who controls the neighboring city of Bridgeport and is looking to extend her influence. Mary recruited this team to garner a foothold in Pleasant City aswell as to start scouting out the worth of Pleasant City. Whether it be for money, power, or her ally’s healing abilities, you now work for Mary. New villain, old villain, Mary doesn’t care as long as you work for her. The other villains will not take kindly to another team intruding on their territory and the Heroes will not appreciate more villains showing up. As Mary’s band strives to take over Pleasant City, other villains also grow powerful. Will you manage to take over Pleasant City or will you be consumed like the others who tried to take over.

Maps

Spoiler: Regions of Pleasant City 

Spoiler: Gangs of Pleasant City 

Villains

Spoiler: Sharpers 

Spoiler: Gangs of Pleasant City 

Heroes

Spoiler: Hero League 

Spoiler: The Metahuman Containment Unit 

Spoiler: The Five 

Spoiler: Pleasant City Team 

Powers

Spoiler: Powers 

While you will play as a villain, you don’t have to act like one. Your character doesn’t have to be a murderous Freddy Krueger. Your character can be someone who was pushed to the path of villainy due to a few bad life choices or they are forced to do it to help someone they love. The label villain won’t stop your character from making heroic choices to save civilians. So I just wanted to get that out of the way. Even though your character is part of a villain team, your character doesn’t have to be evil. You can be a heroic villain.

Rules

1. Don't be a rude dude.
    2. Try to post at least once every week. I get that life gets in the way, so if you need to tell you're gonna be gone for a while, I'll take care of your character. If you don't post every week without telling me you'll be gone I'll take over your guy.
    3. Try to have proper grammar and spelling. You don't have to be Shakespeare, but don't write like you're in kindergarten and have just lost the spelling bee.
    4. Have fun.

Spoiler: Character Sheet 

Accepted Characters:

LBM - Lucas Cardona/ Ironclad
    TheBat - Logan/Nine

Minkashi - Joanna Ching/Ming

Ma1tchbox - Leslie James van der Beek / Jacket

Price - Michael Thompson/Cain

Enigma- Daria Bakhvalova/Princess

Balo - Adam Ortega/Bone Spectre

zellos080 - Zack Ching/Zehll

Dire Hoef - Jake Kilesso Yefrem Hiduke / Voyager

Talia - Gabriel and Nathan
    Last edited by Low-Budget Man; 03-13-2018 at 05:57 PM.

Spoiler: Low-Budget Man 

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Whatever captures and holds my attention.
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

This is interesting.

Too bad that, in my mind, pretty much every power feels cliché. (I rather wish that I'd think of them as classic)

That, and it feels like every time I watch a movie marathon on the TVs it's X-Men and/or just Wolverine.

Set by Karma

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, completely unique powers are pretty hard to come up with. However, I've always found it more interesting to put a twist on the power in some way instead of purely come up with new powers. I took a lot of inspiration from X-Men when I made this.

Moon Child
    Feeding Nazgul with a spoon in his white padded room.
    I will try just about anything. Especially Twilight fanfiction. TEAM JACOB!
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

Hey Low-Budget man, I have an idea for a character that is actually a man-made mutant? Would something like that be acceptable? If so I can shoot you a PM with my idea. If not I will think of something else

Spoiler: Looking for RP in all the wrong places? Click here! 

Spoiler: Friend Quotes 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A manmade mutant actually sounds super interesting! Just shoot me a pm about your idea and we can discuss it.

Moon Child
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

PM sent <3

PREACH FORGIVE ME PLEASE I BEG OF YOU!
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

How free range is this game? Are the villains capable of branching off/rising to power through villain ranks and getting npc henchmen and stuff?

Also, what ensures continuation of the story from player absences and stalls?
    Thank you MayhemsCurse <3

Spoiler: Memorable Quotes 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The RP will be pretty free range. Getting territory, gaining henchmen, getting more power was all part of plan for the RP. Whats the fun of being a villain if you don't get a lair with henchmen? You won't start off with a whole lot, but after a few jobs and after you accumlate more influence you'll be able to expand what you want to do.

If players leave, I'll PM and take over their characters temporarily. If they don't wanna come back, their character will probably be killed off or I'll do with the guy in some other way. I'm pretty invested in this story so I'll do my best to keep the RP moving. This is based off an RP I'm doing with some real life friends so I'll always have inspiration to keep moving forward.

Moon Child
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

Spoiler: Logan 
    Last edited by .Karma.; 07-31-2016 at 11:35 PM.

PREACH FORGIVE ME PLEASE I BEG OF YOU!
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

I'll give this a try. I will have a character sheet in the morning
    Thank you MayhemsCurse <3

Spoiler: Memorable Quotes 

Page 1 of 26 123 ... LastLast