Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Fall of Superheroes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Unfortunately, I will not be able to join this. Have fun!
    Last edited by CRO; 08-01-2016 at 12:48 AM.

September Member of the Month
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

@TheBat

I had a mutant with gravity powers planned. Guess we got the same line of thinking! But the poison from skin and the empathy based power is pretty interesting. I'll mess around with the idea to form some characters. Thanks!

Spoiler: Low-Budget Man 

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

Congratulations!

Your thread has been featured as:

For the week of 07/31/2016

Moon Child
    Feeding Nazgul with a spoon in his white padded room.
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    I will try just about anything. Especially Twilight fanfiction. TEAM JACOB!
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

LBM... You're also welcome to use the banner I made for the RP of the week.

Spoiler: Looking for RP in all the wrong places? Click here! 

Spoiler: Friend Quotes 

Space-Opera, Fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Digging the ideas guys. Got room for one more? I was thinking of making a cs for a guy with the ability to regrow extremely strong bones throughout his body at a super fast rate giving the ability to shoot out projectiles from his joints (mainly his knuckles). They're also much denser/harder than a normal person's.

The drawbacks are if he uses his ability too much he'll tap himself out and whatever part his body he was using it from would basically become flabby and useless for a good amount of time.

For example: If he shoots too much bone out of his hands or use it for too long it will essentially become a rubber chicken lol.

I could get a sheet up tomorrow. Just checking to see if there's room. *crosses fingers*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

@Balo There's always room buddy! That's a pretty cool power btw. I really like the idea of someone just shooting out with a bone shotgun at someone at the cost of essentially turning your hand into jello.

@TheBat Holy smokes on a pancake! Thanks for the banner and nomination! I don't even know what to say other than thank you very much for making my time on this site enjoyable with everything you do.

Moon Child
    Feeding Nazgul with a spoon in his white padded room.
    I will try just about anything. Especially Twilight fanfiction. TEAM JACOB!
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

That's enough... My cheeks are gonna catch on fire >.>

You're very welcome

EDIT: https://i.imgur.com/dNor3qI.png
    The link to the image should you so choose to use it on your OP. Don't feel obligated though.

Spoiler: Looking for RP in all the wrong places? Click here! 

Spoiler: Friend Quotes 

Space-Opera, Fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Low-Budget Man View Post
    @Balo There's always room buddy! That's a pretty cool power btw. I really like the idea of someone just shooting out with a bone shotgun at someone at the cost of essentially turning your hand into jello.
    Good to know, thanks! lol

Dont forget about spinal swords. Everybody likes spinal swords! I should cook something up tomorrow. Maybe even tonight if I don't end up getting forced out by my friends.

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Character Sheet:

Civilian Name: Daria Bakhvalova

Costumed Name: Princess

Civilian Appearance: This serious woman has beady brown eyes that are like two discs of wood. Her fine, straight, sand-colored hair is very short and is worn in an utilitarian style. She is very tall and has an athletic build. Her skin is china-white. She has nearly-nonexistent eyebrows. Her wardrobe is mysterious, with a lot of black.

Costumed Appearance: Trenchcoat, pink sparkly wig, pink eye mask, fedora, black-tee concealed body armor.

Power: Psychokenetic Arm - reach of 37 inches, can pass through solid objects

Drawback: Lost right arm in an explosion, sometimes wears a prosthetic arm.

Equipment: Prosthetic arm, safe house, cache of money, spy gear, weapons. Motorcycle with experimental color-changing paramagnetic paint.

Personality: Serious, nurtring a need for revenge. Tries to avoid harming the innocent.

Backstory:
    Daria was the only daughter of Anton and Anastasia Bakhvalova, two former Soviet Spies who turned themselves in a week after arriving in the US, working as double agents up until the fall of the Soviet Union. Her parents were both metahumans - Anton was a telekenetic, while Anastasia was telepathic - something they did not share with the authorities. Anton became known as "The Fixer" in Pleasant City - he seemed to know everyone, and was good at arranging crews for various criminal activities, and acting as a go-between between various organizations. Anastasia meanwhile collected intelligence - knowing who the players were, the deals that were being made. This helped them to become very rich.

Anastasia had several miscarriages before finally giving birth to Daria, who grew up to be a pampered, rich American teenaged girl, going to private schools and invited to exclusive parties - and all without showing any sign of metahuman talent. With the fall of the Soviet Union, her parents were mostly forgotten by the powers that be. Anton took on the role of a confidential informant to the Pleasant City police, tipping them off to the more violent crimes being planned. And someone found out.

Daria was the captain of the Howard Hills Softball team, and both parents would come sometimes to watch her play. On this particular day, Anastasia came to Daria's game to watch her play and bring her home in the limo. They had barely gone two blocks when Anastasia suddenly stiffened and turned in alarm to Daria - and then one of the parked cars the limo was passing exploded. Anastasia died instantly - Daria was not so lucky, pulled out of the wreakage and driven away by masked men in a van, her right arm little more than tattered flesh from the explosion that claimed her mother. The ransom call Anton received was for him to hand over his "book", a list of all the big names and deals he'd conducted over the years. Anton was no fool - he knew his and Daria's chance of walking out of there alive once he'd given them what they wanted was impossible. So Anton made his final deal with the Hero League - if they rescue Daria from her captors, he'd give them both himself and his book. And they agreed. When the Hero League rescued her, her father gave her a kiss, then stepped into the portal created by Gateway.

Daria was rushed to hospital, but surgeons could do nothing to repair the damage - her right arm was amputated. On her recovery, still legally a minor and having no one to take care of her, she was placed into foster care. Her father's mansion and wealth was confiscated by the government, leaving her pennyless. Her friends deserted her, and her parents' nickname for her, "Princess", became a jeer tossed at her by the other foster children and her new classmates in public school. Ironically, it was baseball that gave her arm back. The fosters were treated to a baseball game, high in the nosebleeds while her cheap prosthetic arm was being adjusted. A pop-fly ball flew into the stands straight for Daria, and she instinctively grabbed for it with her missing right hand - and she caught it. When she realized what she had done, she quicky shoved it into the mitt of the wide-eye boy next to her, signalling for quiet.

When she officially aged out of foster care, Daria spent the day "looking" for a job, filling out applications, ducking through lobbies and going through back doors until she was convinced nobody was following her. A quick change of clothes at the local GoodWill store, and she was finally ready to go to her parent's safehouse, complete with cash and weapons. Daria knew the people who set of the bomb and kidnapped her were working for one of the Pleasant City gangs, and there was only one way to find out who. Using her "new arm's" talent for reaching through walls, she pulled off minor heists, targeting those who could both afford it and were deserving of retribution. To hide her missing arm, she wore trench coats outfitted with a special padded sleeve and a partial glove sewn inside the cuff that she could "put on" with her psychokenetic hand.
    Last edited by Enigma; 07-31-2016 at 06:33 AM.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Okay, Enigma's accepted!

I've already begun writing the IC so I'll have it up tomorrowish. If you haven't submitted a character, you can still submit. Don't worry. I'm just gonna get the party started because I'm pretty excited to start RPing with all of y'all.

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast