Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Races

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

It's more of the fact your building on pre-existing lore, and still trying to stick to the material.

In something original, you can come up with anything. In something pre-existing, you have to stick to the pre-established rules and what not which can restrict how creative your allowed to be, depending on what it is. If you don't wanna stick with the rules and what not and do what you want, oh, it's easier, but if you do wanna stick to rules and making sense, it can be difficult.

EDIT: Eh, feel free to make up whatever background for those weirdo's I came up with. I have no knowledge about GoT lore or myths or whatever, and don't especially care ether honestly.
    Last edited by Kaptain Panty; 09-11-2016 at 11:22 AM.

Dark Lord of the Gif
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Except we are building using a template. Currently there is NO LORE. The map is completely different and new. And when it comes to races I'm looking for new. Not well "This was made for this and has its own pre established history and lore attached to it." I'm looking for something that will allow the lore to be built. That will allow a flow of ideas and will build into something everyone a part of this process can point to and say "i helped create that."

I am sorry that the GoT template bothers you. Your interest is appreciated, however the repeated depreciating comments are not. If you desire to partake in the world building please do. If you would prefer simply to complain about the template I ask that you not participate.
    Last edited by Dnafein; 09-11-2016 at 04:26 PM.
    Spoiler: Cuteness 

Wanna laugh at a drunken fool? Click Here!
    Watch me Stream or catch old streams here

Red Ninja
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Well if you want brand new races I can do that.

Just give me what we're doing racewise and I'll have the profiles up in here.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dnafein View Post
    Except we are building using a template. Currently there is NO LORE. The map is completely different and new. And when it comes to races I'm looking for new. Not well "This was made for this and has its own pre established history and lore attached to it." I'm looking for something that will allow the lore to be built. That will allow a flow of ideas and will build into something everyone a part of this process can point to and say "i helped create that."

I am sorry that the GoT template bothers you. Your interest is appreciated, however the repeated depreciating comments are not. If you desire to partake in the world building please do. If you would prefer simply to complain about the template I ask that you not participate.
    Not sure if I'm complaining about the templates. Might be. Probably am. *shrug* Eh, not doing it intentionally if that is the case.

Ah well. Gave yah some ideas. Hope that helps.

Red Ninja
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Name: Tree Lords(Ladies) also called the Forest Guardians.

Physical traits: The Guardians are as tall as they trees they protect. Some reaching the height of the mighty redwoods. Each individual looks as much tree as the plants around them. Covered in dark gnarled skin they have long strong limbs and for "hair" each Guardian has a lush canopy of leaves or needles.

The males can grow long mossy beards while the women usually keep neater canopies.

Natural abilities: The Guardians are ancient beings made long ago by a powerful wizard and mother nature herself. They were made to be protectors of the ancient citystates and Old Temples. As such they were built to fight and made to last. They are as strong a Giants and as tough as golems, and while limited they posses many ancient magics that align with the natural Elements. They are also a wise and intelligent race and have a type of natural sixth sense that tells them when the forest or ruins are in danger.

Weaknesses: They are a general slow and unrushed race, unless the Forest is under attack. Then they move with a quickness unexpected by such big lumbering creatures. They are also bound by laws set down by their creators. They cannot attack without due cause which only comes when they are in danger, or when the ruins or forest are in danger. Otherwise they cannot act in aggression.

General personalities: They are a wise and usually kind race. Teaching the "lesser" races when they come seeking it. When they aren't needed to defend something they are what could be called nomadic and peaceful. Roving through the thick forest acting as if they have all the time in the world.

Habitat: The forests and ruins all across the land.

Religion/Culture: The Guardians have no organized religion they are simply children of nature and treat it with the utmost respect.

Gender traits: While differing between tree groups males are general more square and solid in appearance with long beards and unkempt canopies. Females are more curvy in their shape and usually have well-maintained canopies.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

Dark Lord of the Gif
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Looks pretty good Siks thanks.
    Spoiler: Cuteness 

Wanna laugh at a drunken fool? Click Here!
    Watch me Stream or catch old streams here

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234