Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] Beyond The Solar Horizon (Blazing_Falcons x Numbers)

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Whatever captures and holds my attention.
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Default [M] Beyond The Solar Horizon (Blazing_Falcons x Numbers)

Domino. the avian thought to himself, Of all the names I could've taken for myself, I chose a name one would normally attribute to a novakid. The novakid I was speaking with when I adopted the name even told me it didn't make sense, given that my feathers are all white. he hadn't done away with the name he was given by his parents, but until he reached the end of his life, he'd planned on being Domino and no-one else.

It'd been a few months since he'd fled his home. The coordinates of his home planet were saved in his ship's computer, and he'd copied it down onto several sheets of paper and stashed them in several barely noticeable nooks and crannies on his ship. Domino strongly doubted he'd ever return to his home to complete his ascendance, but he wanted to have the ability to do so if the courage came to him.

He got out of his colorful bed and walked the short distance to his command chair. He'd been in orbit of the planet he'd chosen the night before for three hours now. Domino made a cup of coffee (mostly just to smell it, but he didn't waste any of it either) and ate a cinnamon donut before walking over to his wall-mounted locker. Inside were his weapons. An assault rifle with cryogenic munitions between standard energy bolts and the short-range "energy lance" that would be a nasty surprise for any foe that got too close.

Of course, he wouldn't rely solely on the energy lance, rather, he truthfully preferred his two bladed gauntlets. However he didn't trust his life with such short range weapons against an alien animal that was much bigger than him. He'd taken the liberty of buying a spear shortly before he left home. It lacked any sort of damage-enhancing augment, but a spear was a spear. And he could spin it easily if he found himself surrounded.

He stepped onto his ship's teleporter pad and hit the button located on the wall next to it. It felt like flying; teleporting. It was always a short-lived experience, but Domino always enjoyed it. He wondered if Kluex would grant him his wings when he reached the Aether, or if he'd be forced to hop around like a bunny for all eternity. He shuddered at the thought once he materialized on the planet. All around him there was dust, ash, and ruined buildings. He doubted he'd find an avian temple, tomb, or village anywhere around here, but there was no harm in taking a look, and judging by the bullet holes and energy markings on the nearest building, new weapons might be something to be on the lookout for---or weapons in the hands of a person with bad-intentions...

Set by Karma

Leader of the Kitsune
    Fantasy, Romance, Science Fiction
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Nymph walked on the grounds of the ruined planet. She had been here for a few days and was keeping her ship mostly completely turned off. Only leaving on a few necessary systems to make it so she can get back up to her ship and back down as needed. As well as some of the other more basic systems. Ships that tried to look for an energy signature would have a really hard time looking for her. Looking for her through windows or camera's would prove to be difficult to see as well.

She sighed at her over protective self, but it was best for her to be cautious or risk something bad happening again. She kept her sniper rifle on her back and her pistols on each hip, as well as a dagger hidden under one of her pants legs. She looked at the ruins that she was around. It looked like some sort of avians ruins maybe. However, it was hard to tell due to the bad shape they were in. She didn't think that she would find much here, however, if you were in a place of low value then there was a lower chance of running into someone.

In turn, though that meant she would find lower priced stuff. Which was fine right now, she was really looking for any type of metal object. Stuff that she could melt down into separate metals and alloys, which would fetch a much higher price. Granted she kept all the raw material in a storage area on another planet, after all selling the raw material in low amounts wouldn't fetch very much. So she had to wait until they were in larger quantities before selling.

She could obviously go to places with much higher quality stuff, however, they usually require a team of salvagers or something. You could need guards, people to help with technology set up, as well as many other jobs and what not. Though her track of thought suddenly got distracted as she noticed someone in the ruins. An avian in.... white feathers? She hadn't really seen that many avians before so she was a little awe struck. However, she had heard that they were fierce warriors.

What was he doing here, though? Was he looking to reclaim lost items? She wasn't aware of anything really valuable in this area so he couldn't be here for that reason. She decided to move back some and found a part of a building with much more cover than most of the ruins around her. It managed to hide her and sniper rifle as she pulled it out and set it down on the ground. She moved her shoulder-length hair away from her eyes as she looked down at the scope at the avian. She could hit him with a surprise attack, but if she missed it could be badly.

Instead, she aimed for the ground near him and decided to fire a warning shot. First, though she put the microphone that was attached to part of her armor, onto open channels. That way anyone with a communications device nearby would be able to hear her. She hoping though that the avian would be able to receive the message at least. With that in mind, she committed with her plan. She fired a warning shot and had it land exactly where she wanted it to. It landed about five feet in front of the strange Avian and then she spoke.

"Stop right there bird man." Birdman? Seriously? That's what she came up with? She made a mental note to smack herself later for such a lame insult. "That was a warning shot. I've been in these ruins for a while looking around. I haven't seen you here the whole time that I have been here. What's your name and why are you here?" She only hoped now that he would receive her communication and decide not to attack.
    made by the lovely karma

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Domino jumped at the sound of the rifle and the dust that the shot had kicked up. He scanned the area in which he thought the shot had come from while the shooter demanded that he identify himself (though his rifle stayed down so to minimize his already high chances of being shot at further). Unable to find the shooter, and being at a disadvantage even if he had seen her, Domino decided to comply with the demands. "My name is Domino. I am here to search for new weapons. I do not seek them to cause undue suffering to others. I also have no wish to start a conflict here." He released his left hand from his rifle, letting the weapon point at the ground. Though he did have relatively peaceful intentions for the time being, he was looking around for good cover that he might be able to reach in case the sniper didn't like his answers.

Set by Karma

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

She had to resist herself from laughing at the name domino. Even so, as she went to talk it could be heard in her voice that there was amusement mixed in with the seriousness. "Domino? That's quite a name. If you're looking for weapons I have nothing to fear from you I guess." She closed her mic and stood back up keeping the rifle in her arms though as she walked out and met up with him. Now that she was closer she could see the individual quality of his feathers as well as his rifle. This was still dangerous for he could be lying, however, she was taking a leap of faith since she hadn't met many of his race and didn't know how to really judge them yet.

"My name is..." She thought for a moment on whether to use her old name or the name that she was given by the shadow world. "... Nymph. People call me Nymph. If you're looking for weapons you might want to check some different ruins. I have been scoping these ruins for a few days now, looking for basic metallic objects that I can melt down into their basic elements. I haven't seen anything advanced enough to be close to weapon-grade." Granted she also assumed there wouldn't be anything that high quality here.

Because of that, she hadn't really been scanning the area to see if there was any high-quality stuff buried or if there were stealth units active. She did do a general scan with her ship and when it came up empty on high-grade stuff she just figured that meant there was none there. After all, it was a ruin, why would someone use a stealth unit to hide something valuable. Not to mention it's not like these were super fresh ruins. There were signs everywhere that many different raiding parties had already come through.
    made by the lovely karma

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

He wasn't a threat because he was looking for weapons? If he'd been presented that question just after learning that he was to be an Ascendant he might have been able to jump because of trying to figure out how one could come to that thinking. Of course, Domino wouldn't make any mention of that. "Nymph isn't exactly a name I'd classify as normal either." he said.

"I'm not sure why you'd bother to look around a place like this to scavenge. All I see is dust, rust, and a lot more dust. Not worthwhile salvage. But I suppose you've picked through most of these buildings already. No harm in letting me have a look, then, is there?" Domino said before returning his free hand to his rifle, but not entering a combat stance.

Set by Karma

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

"Of course, you wouldn't see much here. I am looking for small stuff. You get enough small stuff that is worthless and you melt it down. Eventually, you get a lot of raw material and raw alloys. Then you sell those larger purer amounts for a much higher price than normal, it gets bought and you repeat the same process. As well my name wasn't of my choice, it is simply what people call me. Given to me by my contacts and enemies." She was curious as to why he would want to look at this specific area for weapons, especially since he just admitted to it looking like there would be nothing of worth here.

"Before I let you wander around you have to answer some other questions first. Just because I am not aiming my gun at you doesn't mean you're in the clear. You just said there doesn't appear to be anything here but rust, dust, and more rust. If that is true, why are you so intent on looking through these buildings anyways for weapons?" She said as she narrowed her eyes. She had laid claim this area by being here before him. She wasn't just about to give it up.
    made by the lovely karma

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

All Domino was hearing while the scavenger explained her methods was greed. He tried not to judge, after all, Avians weren't immune to greed themselves. Perhaps he was experiencing it himself in his search for better equipment. The question as to why he was looking around here could've been answered in several truthful ways. Domino settled on two answers to give, "Well, for one, I only just beamed down here. It was by chance that I chose these particular ruins as the ones I wanted to pick through. Also, I've found that you can never be sure where you might find a reinforced plastic chest full of plasma grenades or shotguns and the like. Just a few weeks ago, I ran into a cave to get out of the rain and found an abandoned weapons cache for some Apex rebels. That's where I found this." he said while he turned the bottom half of his rifle towards and then away from his body.

Having to come up with an answer as to why he was looking for weapons was much more difficult. He didn't know this person. What should've been a convincing lie came to him and he didn't hesitate to speak it, "I'm looking for weapons because I'm a mercenary. The better my weapons are, the more capable I am in a fight." Domino said. He didn't want to lie, but he didn't want to reveal himself to a bounty hunter either, in the off-chance that the Stargazer from his home had put out a bounty for his return.

Set by Karma

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

"Hmmm, a mercenary. Interesting, why not just do some easier jobs then and save up on money and buy some newer more modern weapons." She still didn't completely trust her, however, if he really was her enemy, he would have attacked her already. However, that didn't mean that he might not become her enemy if certain events were to occur. She did eye his gear as well, looking at the quality and cleanliness of all of it. However, she couldn't glean any details really from his gear to know whether he was telling the truth. So she would have to just play it carefully.

"Well, unfortunately, I ended up cleaning most of what I have gotten already sooner than I thought so I still have time to kill before I have to go. If you want I could help show you to some of the more interesting buildings I have found." She really offered her help in case he did find something, that and she didn't want to turn her back and have him betray her as soon as she did so.
    made by the lovely karma

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

"It's hard to find good weapons on the market. Those that are for sale are all mass-produced and it's often too expensive or otherwise just not worth going through the trouble of customizing them. Those that have the money to build a custom weapon, from the ground up or from an existing model, don't often use their weapon, some master thief steals it and jealously hides it away on some forgotten or near-forgotten world." Domino said, taking a deep breath once he finished.

He wasn't sure about the offer to show him promising buildings. On one hand, this person wasn't being particularly aggressive for having shot at him, but on the other hand, she did shoot at him. She also may have just wanted whatever he might find, and shoot him in the back as soon as he found something. Still, he was surrounded by miles and miles of abandoned skyscrapers. He had no way of telling which ones were dangerous to walk into because of their crumbling states, and which ones might have what he was searching for. He sighed and said in a somewhat friendly manner, "Then let's take a tour of the real-estate."

Set by Karma

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

(hey sorry I haven't posted in a bit. I've been sick and because of it I have been sleeping almost all day these past few days)

Nymph smirked at his answer because it was obvious he didn't have that much experience. After all, if he did he would have scanned the area before teleporting down to it. After all what if this area was actually a war zone? Then he would have been teleporting down into a war zone. Though he did also have a point about a pirate or a thief, some ruins would make an excellent place to hide their treasure. Granted she had never been that lucky, however, she again was never looking for that kind of stuff.

She looked around and thought about what buildings to show him, though. Most of the safe places she had already cleaned up. She could show him some of the more dangerous areas that she had avoided. After all, she had avoided them because she was by herself and there would be no one to help in case something happened. Of course, it was a risk trusting him to help, but it was a better risk than having no one at all. She looked at some of the bigger skyscrapers. The problem was after a certain high the building quickly became unstable because of the weight. Either they would crack at the support beams on the ground, or they would crack halfway up.

Taking anything off of the buildings that were damaged at the ground were a bad idea because the whole building would come down and they wouldn't have enough time to get out of there before it came down. Whereas the ones that were damaged half way up at least they would have the chance to get out before the floors they were on came down.

Not to mention because the buildings were unstable the raiders wouldn't have touched them, meaning there was a better chance of finding some better quality items that may simply be powered down or damaged enough that they wouldn't give a signal but could still be repaired. She sighed at the thought of going into one but she decided it was worth the risk.

She motioned to one of the towers near them and then she put her rifle on her back. "Come on, this building doesn't have much in the stable lower half, however, the upper half hasn't been touched by anyone probably. However, it's also unstable so make sure to keep an eye out for escape routes to lead to the lower half quickly."
    made by the lovely karma

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast