Page 1 of 22 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] Civilization OOC

September Member of the Month
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default [M] Civilization OOC

Rated M for drugs, sex, violence, and other adult themes.

Alterra is a continent teeming with tribes banding together and roaming monsters. Magic runs rife through the land as well as other strange artifacts and ruins. There are resources to be exploited, bizarre beasts to be hunted, territories to be explored, technologies to discover, and rivals to be overcome. Alterra is a fantastical land ripe for a budding civilization. For millions of years, only primitive life forms existed on Alterra fighting and scavenging like pure animals. However, intelligent life began arose and began banding together for protection.

Become a ruler and lead your civilization to glory in the strange continent of Alterra. Will you be a greedy merchantile civilization? A warlike savage barbaric tribe? Conduct diplomacy, spy your opponents, wage war, develop powerful technologies against your opponents. Build a civilization and guide it’s path along history. Create its culture, its religion, its people, and its ideas.

Basic Idea

What is this?

The player will play through the game as a civilization of their own design. Players will be able to launch sneak attacks against their opponents and npcs, do intrigue against other players, trade valuable resources, etc. Players will deal with events that’ll shape their people. Some of them will by fantasy based while others will be realistic situations based on realities. So someone might have to deal with a roaming band of hostile tribes while another person might have to deal with an wizen wizard coming to their land.

If you’ve ever played Civilization 5 or Risk, that plays close to the general idea of this RP. However, instead of rolling dice or whatever, we’ll just be RPing our way through the story.

The story?

The story for better lack of words is your civilization. The story will be about the rise of your civilization and what it becomes. The story will be your ruler guiding your people through events and problems. It’ll be like writing the history of a civilization starting from the very beginning.

Character?

You’ll be playing as the leader of your civilization. As we advance in each era, we’ll get new leaders. However, that won’t occur for a while. Your character will make choices that will determine what happens to the civilization and how it will form.

Civilization?

You’ll be designing an entire civilization from one of the races listed on the chart. If you want to make a civilization based on a another race not mentioned, then just ask and maybe we can work something out. Now when I say design a civilization, I mean design their entire culture, ideas, religion from the ground up. Most of the blurbs I wrote about each race are just small stereotype and can easily be changed. If you want to play a bunch of seafaring dwarves that only eat vegan food all day, go ahead.

Start

Each player will start off in the stone age with very little technology. Every player’s tribe will consist of only 2000 members to start with as well as only the basic resources of what’s nearby. We’ll all start off on the same foot so to speak. However, through events and other things you’ll encounter, your tribe will grow stronger and bigger.

Location?

Location is an important factor your civilization. Most of the world will be similar to earth, but there will be fantasy creatures and environments that’ll affect your people. A civilization’s culture and lifestyle will be very based on their location. If your people are a desert people, chances are they won’t know too much about boats and might give disdain for the sea. If your people hunt seals and walruses for food, your people might worship some kind of hunting god. So when you design your civilization, take note of your location.

Eras?

After a substantial period, players will progress to the next technologic time period. That won’t happen until the players agree that it is time to progress. So it won’t happen within the first couple post or anything. Then we’ll describe what happened to your civilization during this transition and we’ll play a different leader.

Posting?

Posting will be a little different than other RPs. Firstly, there’ll be multiple events happening at a time over several dates. History stretches a long time and it’ll be hard to RP the story going one day at a time. For example:

Spoiler: Example 

Now those are very basic examples of how this RP is going to work. Multiple events occurring in one event all at different times. This way we can cover more ground and go over large time periods faster.

Calendar?
    We'll be using a basic earth calendar to number our days. This way, it won't get too complicated.

Why this RP?

I wanted to make an RP based around the idea of Civilization 5, a game I play quite a bit of. A really interesting thing about that game was the history that developed over the course of the game. The Japanese and Moroccan people band together to face the coming Chinese threat. Germany funding the Celts in a proxy war against Ethiopia. The Celtic people then turn on the Germans with their own tanks a huge betrayal. So I thought about translating that general idea into an RP environment.

Give the players a civilization and see the world that develops. We’ll essentially building a world and its history. I guarantee with RPA, the world will be bound to be fantastically interesting. Or completely on fire. Whatever the case, it’ll be a fun ride.

Map

Spoiler: Map 

Races of Alterra

Spoiler: Tengu 

Spoiler: Khate 

Spoiler: Sectine 

Spoiler: Goblin 

Spoiler: Dwarves 

Spoiler: Naga 

Spoiler: Filvera 

Spoiler: Fae 

Spoiler: Drakin 

Spoiler: Human 

Game-Masters

Low-Budget Man
    Tolvo

Sheets

The Civilization Sheet is huge since we're building an entire civilization from the ground up. So its a bit daunting. Civilizations are complicated things and we'll need a good idea of your civilization. Your civilization may not be any similiar to any earth civilization and have customs that are completely alien. Hence the huge CS. You'll also develop and evolve your civilization from a small tribal village to a powerhouse through events, war, magic, trade, etc.

Spoiler: Civilization Sheet 

Spoiler: Ruler Sheet 

Reservations:

Ma1chbox - A2

Occupied Locations:

Ottoman - Zweboz - A3 - Dwarf
    Dnafein - Jha'dur - H6 - Khate
    Azazeal849 - Rakei - D2 -Sectine
    M139 - Dekai - F6 - Tengu
    Dire Hoef - Cruxia - C1 - Fae
    TheLoneWanderer - Venatores - D1 -Tengu
    Tolvo - The Korporration - A4 - Goblin

Accepted Civilizations:

Spoiler: Ottoman - Civilization: Zwêboz 

Spoiler: Dnafein - Jha'dur 

Spoiler: Azazeal849 - Rakei 

Spoiler: m139 - Dekai 

Spoiler: Dire Hoef - Cruxia 

Spoiler: Thelonewanderer - Venatores 

Spoiler: Tolvo - The Korporration 

Spoiler: Ma1chbox - Kharaidh 

Spoiler: Fox Xalian - Celestian Empire 
    Last edited by Low-Budget Man; 09-22-2016 at 05:28 AM.

Spoiler: Low-Budget Man 

The Invisible One
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Superhero; Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

In the Civilization Sheet, does "Ruler Name:" mean the actual name of the Ruler, or what the Ruler is called? e.g. King; Queen; Chieftain; ... ?

Dark Lord of the Gif
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jawaharlal Nehru
    A moment comes, which comes but rarely in history, when we step out from the old to the new, when an age ends, and when the soul of a nation, long supressed, finds utterance.
    I wanted to drop off some tomes to help you gain interest in the RP. Let me know if you have any questions or need help, and have fun RPing!

If you've already got a submission worked out, feel free to post it in the Roleplay of the Week Advertising scroll.

Roleplay of the Week- For more information about how to have YOUR RP knighted as Roleplay of the Week!

RPotW banner shop! If you need help summoning a banner for your roleplay, just hop in and ask one of our lovely artists for some assistance!

Staff Siggies are seen in every plane!

Roleplaying Games Directory is another means of getting your RP seen.

I may join this as a Kate civ.
    Spoiler: Cuteness 

Wanna laugh at a drunken fool? Click Here!
    Watch me Stream or catch old streams here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ruler Name would be what the leadership position is called. So chieftain, king, etc.

Glad to have you guy's interests! Its a pretty wierd experimental RP that I really want to see blossom.

Whatever catches my fancy
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Count me in! I'll work on my sheets immediately
    Spoiler:  

Currently on hiatus (possibly for good)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Quick question, for the location part of the civ sheet, do we put the alphanumerics inside the boxes on the map or do we just choose a biome?
    Spoiler:  

Dark Lord of the Gif
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Should we reserve starting locations? I kinda want H6

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

@Ma1chbox Use the Alphanumerics for the location.

@Dnafein Reserve away! I'll put it down as reserved by you.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

I call dibs on A2, then
    Spoiler:  

Dark Lord of the Gif
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Spoiler: Jha'dur 
    Last edited by Dnafein; 08-25-2016 at 04:06 AM.

Page 1 of 22 123 ... LastLast