Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Games of Thrones, ASOIAF Interest level - Mature

New Forum Person
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Games of Thrones, ASOIAF Interest level - Mature

Hello!
    I have registered to find out the interest level in a a game world I have started.
    It is based on the A Song of Ice and Fire chronicles by George R. R. Martin, made famous by HBO as the Game of Thrones.

The time line would start 2 years previous to the show and books.
    It is a socially based, politically heavy, adult themed, character-centric, gritty world of Westeros, where almost everyone has an agenda and death is not always glorious or the end...

The one alteration to many of the RP forum worlds rules, is that there would be character death, but it not the intent of the Narrator to make this a common thing.

Characters would not be from the cast of the books, but the creation from a Minor House.

Ideally, characters will be given a base outline of what House history currently exists, and I am open to the creation of said history, but somethings I need to have in place to tie in the plot lines.

Initially, Players would be assigned one character to control, with the potential of running different characters from other Houses or all from the same House, if that was something people were willing to take on, but it is not a requirement, nor a goal, just an option.

It would be up to the players what roles they wished to play, from House Lord, to Maester, Septa or Septon, Heir, smallfolk, retainer, hedge knight, swornsword, sellsword, merchant, soldier, the choices are endless.

I would make use of a 'dicing system' that I have created as well for story challenges, that is unique and ASOIAF specific.

Now, before you all get gooey on me...

I have never run a PbP mail RP before.
    However, I have been gaming for, well, a long, long time.

I am running this currently for a group of players in an actual RP game, based on Green Ronin's published works of the same name. And part of me would like to incorporate players from this game into the actual RP world, where YOU would run your Houses, and your agendas would take effect in the RP world of the other gamers. This way, I do not need to control or create the machinations of 245,245,825,452 other people... No, I am not looking for you to do my work for me, that is not the point. I just wanted to explore another avenue where other people can 'play' along in the game world, and have direct and meaningful impact on other people.

Let loose the ravens with your messages!
    I look forward to hearing from you!

Oh, and yes, I have not created a banner, nor a page to build upon this, as looking at the age on some of the forums, I don't want to build something that no one reads until I get an idea if anyone is actually reading this.
    Cheers,
    TX Narrator.

Arch-Angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I think you should try creating OOC thread . We will help you advertise the thread once you started it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

-eats popcorn- I love it

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sounds interesting, I suppose. AngelFire and I have played a bit of the Green Ronin RP before.
    [M] Crossverse United – OOC/IC
    [PG-13] Pokémon: Rings of Destiny – OOC/IC
    [M] Undying Quest: The Proving Grounds - OOC/IC

Fantasy, Horror, Psychological, Mystery
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I'd like to join! I actually have an idea I'd really like to implement, but I'd probably need to clear it with you first. Anyway, it sounds like a lot of fun.

New Forum Person
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am always interested in ideas! Please send your thoughts, etc my way!
    I thrive on the interaction, and in turn will be more akin to post.
    Such a glorious parasitic methodology of longevity, but as the host feeds and grows, so to does the symbiotic relationship!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

TX, I realised suddenly that you can't send or receive many messages. I thought this might be the only way to contact you. Is this still going to be a thing?

Also, if there are any mods around - maybe he could be made a member. I only ask because he's trying to create a RP and I'm trying to correspond with him

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

what will be happening?

Spoiler: Things I like 

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Evening Rain View Post
    TX, I realised suddenly that you can't send or receive many messages. I thought this might be the only way to contact you. Is this still going to be a thing?

Also, if there are any mods around - maybe he could be made a member. I only ask because he's trying to create a RP and I'm trying to correspond with him
    TX should automatically be upgraded after she / he makes 10 or so posts in the RP forums (i.e. not the Intros forum or Member Central) but I have forwarded your message to a mod as well.

TX, could you give a general outline of the story (if any) that you have planned out?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Hey man I know you have a really busy schedule. Just wanted to let you know if you are still planning on doing the RP I have not given up hope.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast