Month the of Member November
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%

Yep that is how I was thinking. Though I also like the idea of some of the old houses still surviving, though I get the impression though that if Dany wins the throne she might level things out a bit so the great houses are no longer dominant over the others.
    The Fresh Prince of Britain RPAs personal wolf fetish RPA's Wolf Mascot Crazy the Wolfheart

A Storm Is Coming
    fantasy, SF, horror, romance, western, historical fiction, anime/manga, paranormal
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%

High fantasy communism, and a new definition to "The Red Lady", haha.

Mostly kidding.

If the throne fell into Targaryan hands again, I'd see Dany being her typical Lawful Stupid self and weeding the problem Houses, so that would likely mean Lannister and Baratheon, while the Starks are an endangered species, they wouldn't be fit to be Wardens of the North (unless the GM deems otherwise).

Quote Originally Posted by Denraven
    It's longer and whiter than mine.

"The bullshit stops when the hammer drops" Viking proverb

Fantasy, Horror, Psychological, Mystery
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%

What would also be fun could be going further back in time to before the Dragonlords arrived.

We have seven independent kingdoms, all embroiled in politics and war - with Harren the Black, the Winged Knight, Lann the Clever and more.

Alternate timeline can take place from when the RP begins (duh) and then fun times (hopefully) ensue.

Month the of Member November
    Fantasy
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%

Quote Originally Posted by StormWolf View Post
    High fantasy communism, and a new definition to "The Red Lady", haha.

Mostly kidding.

If the throne fell into Targaryan hands again, I'd see Dany being her typical Lawful Stupid self and weeding the problem Houses, so that would likely mean Lannister and Baratheon, while the Starks are an endangered species, they wouldn't be fit to be Wardens of the North (unless the GM deems otherwise).
    Heh I didn't actually mean communism I just meant the noble houses would no longer have their own nobles to follow them as all nobles would answer directly to her as an autocrat. Also if Dany wins it's a fair bet Cersei and Jamie will end u dead in which case the Lannister name would go to Tyrion so I think the Lannister name would carry on with Tyrion. The Starks I think she'd tolerate once she learns Jon is her nephew.

Of course it could all end up totally different with Dany dead and the throne going to Jon. Or both of them dead and it going to another third party so who knows... If I was gm myself I'd probably go with Dany as the most obvious one but you could call it a number of possible ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Evening Rain
    What would also be fun could be going further back in time to before the Dragonlords arrived.

We have seven independent kingdoms, all embroiled in politics and war - with Harren the Black, the Winged Knight, Lann the Clever and more.

Alternate timeline can take place from when the RP begins (duh) and then fun times (hopefully) ensue.
    Yeh that could happen too. Though personally I still prefer the idea of doing one as a sequel in the future.
    The Fresh Prince of Britain RPAs personal wolf fetish RPA's Wolf Mascot Crazy the Wolfheart

A Storm Is Coming
    fantasy, SF, horror, romance, western, historical fiction, anime/manga, paranormal
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%

How odd, yet fun it would be to see the Houses Stark and Lannister bend the knee to those now their greater.

The Replicant
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%

A classic pitfall of these fantasy realms is that in a thousand years, technology doesn't really advance. So the story could be set in an age far after yet still have the same look and feel. Could also mean the canon houses aren't as prominent so player-run houses can be in charge. Just an idea.
    Interestingly enough, ASoIaF is one of the few settings to avoid this, as castles built at different times have different looks (e.g. round vs square towers, which one character comments on as being a development in anti-siege tech) and characters openly acknowledge the stories of the ancient wars as anachronistic because it was a thousand years before knights existed.

I'd recommend keeping the timeline relatively close to the one all the story writers will know, and just change the scope to involve minor (player made) houses - there's plenty of conflict that can arise between or within small fiefs (and plenty of examples of such in canon). Single PCs could have a large impact without it seeming strange, and all the major houses could remain in the "background". Essentially something like the Telltale GoT game, if you've ever played that.

For example, let's say I make House Blackstock, shadowcat as their sigil, the words "We Do Not Rest". Players could join, if they were so inclined, as a fellow son or daughter of Blackstock, a maester, a septa, etc. Help flesh out the house more so it just isn't a reason for a character to have a valyrian sword.
    Something like this would be good. You could play the conflict as completely between Blackstock characters, or create a second minor house to be their (and the PCs') antagonist.

But yes, if anybody has any good ideas for a future RP plotline then I'd be on it like a shot because I've already got a sickly heir and older bastard brother duo that would fit right in to Westeros.

A Storm Is Coming
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%

That's a couple hundred years of advancement in a thousand or more. Wouldn't call that progress, but I digress.

A whole RP could be done within just one Great House, but variety is always a nice spice to have.

The Replicant
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%

Shoot me a PM if you'd like to brainstorm ideas. I don't have any right this second, but I'm keen now to make this RP happen.

A Storm Is Coming
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%

Will probably do tomorrow sometime. I have class then D&D right after, so I'm swamped for the remainder. Of the day. If you are struck by any muses in the meantime, shoot me a PM

Fantasy, Horror, Psychological, Mystery
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0%

Well, great. I already spent ages doing a lot of work for what I thought TX Narrator was gonna do.

I'd like for it to not completely go to waste.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123