Page 17 of 126 FirstFirst ... 151617181967 ... LastLast

Thread: [M]Undying Quest: The Proving Grounds[IC]

RPAs Frilly Ninja
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Talas' eyes softened, "I both apologize for the disappointment and appreciate the sentiment. I don't wish to attack you either Nemarh, as for staying away from villages entirely. I can certainly try, as a Kreftin. Of course I can hunt for myself, though I tend to try and not to do that." She hesitated, before adding. "Makes it easier to keep my sense about me," she explained softly, ""I can at least promise that I will at least try to stay away from villages. Will probably work out better for me as well." She stated, again hesitating, "not everyone is so accepting of what I am." Tala let out a sigh, as her ears drooped. " Even so, there may come a time when I am in a village or even create one myself. It would be a small part of my wish, I want there to be a place. Where anyone can feel at home. Where they can feel safe and not have to worry about people judging or fearing them for being different." Offering him a smile, hoping he understood.

Before smiling slightly and extended her hand again, "Friends?" She half asked, it finally sinking in that the necromancer may consider her a friend, or at least an acquaintance. "I guess, we shall both pray to find others who don't see us has monsters." She said, hoping she wouldn't have to fight the necromancer anytime soon. Even a part of her wished she could free the poor paladin.

Both Avatar and Signature was drawn by Issy

I of the storm
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Horror, Psychological, Mystery
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Alessandro

Sel'ora considered his words thoughtfully, and furrowed her brow. "Thank you, Alessandro. I believe that violence is justified if used against those who violate the sacred, or attack without cause. I don't know what I want, and I'm certainly unsure of what the rest of my people want... It's true, I feel satisfied with my place in life - but perhaps there's more than this." She considered the Aasimar quietly.

"I think, for now, I would wish to learn more of you. Do you think that could be arranged?" She smiled warmly, and scanned the trees. "Now, I believe we should make camp some way away from the rest of my people, and sleep. It may not seem it to you, but it is night. And after all of your adventures, you must no doubt be exhausted. In the morning... What say we set out for Valon Elendra together?"

----

Samael

The girl seemed both surprised and slightly moved by Samael's words. "I... I'm just a common girl, from nothing. I know - I took a keen interest in books and language, but I'm still just a commoner. Although your idea of society sounds far different from the one I was born in... I think it sounds not only wise, but... just as well." She paused, examining his features. "Under the mask you seem far more man than monster." She murmured.

----

Tala

Nemarh took her hand with a crooked grin. "Friends." He agreed. "Your wish... it is noble. Far more noble than mine. Were I not bound by the shackles of love, perhaps I would aid you in bringing about that quest." He examined her warmly. "I like you, Tala. You are a breath of fresh air in a universe defined by prejudice - and I hope we meet again. Until that time, the hour grows late. Perhaps it would be best to go our separate ways, and get some rest. I've not had the most pleasant of days."

PREACH FORGIVE ME PLEASE I BEG OF YOU!
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Alessandro's face paled.

"Oh...yes, sleep. I am tired." But he didn't want to close his eyes for fear of what he may be forced to see should he dream in slumber. Would he see his father's face? Istheriel's eyes? Death itself? His lips quivered - he would face what he had to. "Thank you" the Aasimar said after a delayed pause. Today has been a day he never wished to relive. But if it was even a single step in the right direction to change the lives of others for the better than so be it.
    Thank you MayhemsCurse <3

Spoiler: Memorable Quotes 

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

"People treat me like a monster, so I became one. In my world, only the strong, the hard, and the cruel thrive. I had to learn that the hard way. I too, was like you, a commoner in my own right. My mother was the daughter of one of those warlords I mentioned, and she was to be wed to the son of yet another one to broker an alliance. However, this son had a brother, who loved her, yet she rebuked him. In anger, he performed a profane ritual to summon the Baatezu, Diablo, The Lord of Terror, one of the Prime Evils, and one of the Dukes of the Nine Hells. He was a fool, and worded the contract too vaguely; He ordered him to make sure the wedding didn't happen. On the wedding day, he appeared before the vows happened, murdering the groom and raping my mother in full view of both families. The wedding was ruined but the worse was yet to come. My mother had become pregnant with me. My grandfather was of the superstitious type who believed that a woman only gets pregnant if she wants to, and so he kicked her out." He realizes what he is saying and stops himself.

Clearing his throat he continues speaking. "Forgive me, I am not sure I should be telling you this...would you like to see me work some magic of a sort? I am a skilled alchemist."

Spoiler: Things I like 

RPAs Frilly Ninja
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Tala nodded, "It was nice to meat you as well Nemarh. Good luck in your quest and hopefully next time we meet it will be just as pleasant." She said, before looking up at the sky and nodded. "You're right however I think I will be one my way, I hope your night fairs better than your day has." She said, before getting on all fours and started running once more. In the direction the sign had been, not sure if she would make it out all the way to it. So tried keeping an eye out for anything that might look like a good place to stop and rest for the night.

Knowing she may feel just a touch sore in the morning from all the constant running, but it was the fastest way for her to travel. So she would run as long as her body would allow it.

Both Avatar and Signature was drawn by Issy

I of the storm
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Alessandro

The elf and the Aasimar found a lovely spot beneath the trees. Due to the warm early summer climate, there was no risk of the pair being taken by the cold without blankets. "Rest well, Alessandro." Sel'ora murmured, before closing her eyes and entering into a sleeplike trance.

----

Samael

The girl listened to Samael's tale, and could not mask her horror. "That's... terrible. For your mother I mean." She hurriedly continued.

She nodded, no longer smiling, but still interested. "Yes, please. I would enjoy watching you work, I'm sure... There's much for me to learn."

I of the storm
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Tala

Tala traveled south, and eventually made her way back to the crossroads. Now, night had well and truly fallen - and she was exhausted. She saw that same familiar sign, marking north (the way she had come) as Ales Elendra, south as Goldhill and the Orkovan Mountains, west as the Orkovan Mountains - and east as the Nightwood.

However, despite her animal endurance, Tala was exhausted, and doubted she could travel much further. Without any real shelter around - she supposed that sleeping among the wheat would be enough cover to stop any passersby from ambushing her in the night.

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

"Yes, though, some argue that Alchemy is more science than magic." Leading her down into the cellar, he lights a fire under the large copper water boiler, used for washing the linens. Lighting the fire under it, he loaded it halfway with water from the well. he also lights the small stove and puts a pot of water on. "Alanna, you see that grinder? Get a bowl and grind up some of those tomatoes, turnips, and beets. When you're done take that mortar and pestle and grind up some mugwort, rosemary, and thyme." he says this, while pointing to the ingredients. WHile she does this, he begins moving oil from the barrels and dumping them into the pot, before adding fertilizer, sodium nitrate, and gelatin powder, along with some cleaning powders and glycerine. For some reason, the color changes in the substance and it becomes thicker, and turns a luminous bright green, glowing basically.

He sets it to simmer and takes the ingredients from Alanna, and adds them to the small pot of boiling water. cutting one of his fingers with his claws, a few drops of his blood fall into the solution as he stirs it, and it turns a cotton candy pink. It also begins to give off a sweet smell, like candy. Taking a mug, he pours some into it, and then begins pouring it from one another back and forth to aerate it and cool it down. When he is satisfied, he chugs it down, and sighs as he feels the telltale warmth of healing spread through his body, quickly mending the damage from today's battle. Doing this a second time he drains the pot, and then takes off his poultice. his wound is more or less closed by now, and he feels the soreness and pain just, fade away. "That...is muuuuuch better." he says, in a very relaxed voice.

I of the storm
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Samael

Alaana followed Samael's instructions to the letter, working with precision and a keen eye. She seemed fascinated by the process, and watched Samael drink the potion curiously. She watched him drink the potions and could see the wounds close. "That was... Miraculous. She examined the green mixture curiously. "I assume this one is not for drinking."

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

"No, it is not, it is a weapon. Depending on who you ask, it can be called many things, though the most common names are 'Alchemist's Fire' and 'Wyldfyre'. It is an incredibly flammable substance, especially after it has fermented in a sealed environment. Once disturbed, it explodes in bright green, sticky flames. I have seen it consume men in mere minutes, burn down entire cities, and even burn on the surface of water. I have used it to wipe out an enemy fleet by setting off a boat filled with it in the middle of their formation." He says, as he looks around the cellar, before picking up an empty wine bottle, one of many in a pile. "Let me guess, jack and his friends, before I got here?" he says, shaking it in her view.

Taking the bottles, as well as clay pots and jugs, he fills them up with the viscous substance, and seals the corks and lids with wax, before gently packing them with old linen as stuffing in the empty crates and chests round the cellar, marking them as flammable with the words and a picture. Turning to Alanna, he says, "That's done, now, let's go back up and finish our dinner. Jack should be back by now, and maybe I can find you some better clothes and help you move your stuff to here. Sound good?" With that, they walk back upstairs.

Page 17 of 126 FirstFirst ... 151617181967 ... LastLast